Topic Stats

• 2,572 posts
  • 809 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by mof
  • Topic is favorited by 188 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240423_144609 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0387 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9289 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_3842 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3843 (resized).jpeg
    Hobbit_Collective_Move (resized).jpg
    IMG_7132 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3737 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3734 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3735 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3733 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3736 (resized).jpeg
    20240318_101947 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 52.
    #351 8 years ago
    Quoted from MrSanRamon:

The 2011 thru 2016 Grand Cherokee will fit an original Spiderman pin...barley.
    Don't have the measurements for the other pinball manufacturers versions. You'd have to fold down a few backboxes and do a measurement.

Barely fit my GoT in my 2011 Grand Cherokee. Had to take it out of the box in the distr's parking lot Even out of box, I have to force it in a bit. The plastic molding along the top of the hatch "complied" by ~1/8in to 1/4in and let the game in - no damage to machine or Jeep.

Disappointed to say the least. My wife's 2004 Grand Cherokee may be my new pin hauler in the future.

#352 8 years ago
    Quoted from markp99:

Barely fit my GoT in my 2011 Grand Cherokee. Had to take it out of the box in the distr's parking lot Even out of box, I have to force it in a bit. The plastic molding along the top of the hatch "complied" by ~1/8in to 1/4in and let the game in - no damage to machine or Jeep.
    Disappointed to say the least. My wife's 2004 Grand Cherokee may be my new pin hauler in the future.

Yeah, I'm not happy with new suv's. They keep sloping the rear roof line more and more...annoying as hell.

#353 8 years ago

Hence why I told you to go with the Ecoboost short wheelbase Transit Connect Wagon way back on page four Northvibe!
    Fun to drive AND can haul pins/vids like nobody's business.
    Every time I pull up for a CL deal or some other pin pick-up, the people selling said game are amazed on how quick and easy it is to load.

#354 8 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Hence why I told you to go with the Ecoboost short wheelbase Transit Connect Wagon way back on page four Northvibe!
    Fun to drive AND can haul pins/vids like nobody's business.
    Every time I pull up for a CL deal or some other pin pick-up, the people selling said game are amazed on how quick and easy it is to load.

I'd take one, but it is only fwd

#355 8 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

... Seriously considering trading my XD for a honda fit.

My friend has one and we've hauled a few pins. The annoying thing is the exaggerated rounding of the edges at the bottom. I guess that's supposed to by styling, but it's far from practical. Has forced us to load sideways sometimes.

#356 8 years ago

Confirmed a Bowler will fit in a 1958 Cadillac Miller Meteor Ambulance/Hearse Combo

13062905_10154122751483221_8348911281739834476_o_(resized).jpg13062905_10154122751483221_8348911281739834476_o_(resized).jpg

#357 8 years ago

We fit a 65" LCD TV in my wife's 2015 Prius, but it can't fit a pinball machine.

#358 7 years ago
    Quoted from DarkWizard:

Confirmed a Bowler will fit in a 1958 Cadillac Miller Meteor Ambulance/Hearse Combo

13062905_10154122751483221_8348911281739834476_o_(resized).jpg

Nice pinhauler!

1 week later
    #359 7 years ago

When I pull up in my Subaru the reaction I get is he isn't going to buy it he came in a car. But they fit just fine and I get great gas mileage..

IMG_0137_(resized).JPGIMG_0137_(resized).JPG

IMG_0177_(resized).JPGIMG_0177_(resized).JPG

#360 7 years ago

Anybody fit a pin in a redesigned 2016 Honda Pilot? I searched this forum, but didn't notice any posts for the new model.

#361 7 years ago

not sure if mentioned, but a pin will NOT fit in a Porsche Cayenne.

#362 7 years ago

I've been using a 2006 Honda Odyssey to haul my pins around for quite some time. It has fit everything from EMs to modern DMD titles.

I also used a 2013 Toyota RAV4 to haul some 90s B/W games with room to spare in both height, width, and depth.

#363 7 years ago

I fit an Addams Family in a 2016 Chevy Trax.. and also in a 2013 Honda CRV.

#364 7 years ago

Pin in Jeep Grand Cherokee first gen?

#365 7 years ago
    Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Pin in Jeep Grand Cherokee first gen?

With the back seats down I think it will fit any game. Big ole boxy suv

#366 7 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Anything in the sporty-hatch category than can haul a newer folded Stern? Also shooting for stick-shift and 170+ HP neighborhood. I was thinking A3 might fit the bill but apparently not according to the wiki.
    Anyone know about BMW 3-series wagon? A4-wagon?
    Any other candidates I can consider?
    If I have to go to the cross-over category, anything else close to these specs?

It looks like all those wagons are out. I had a tough time finding specs for the opening height of the rear door / trunk. I did find some useful specs on this site, which has "Boot Opening Vert Height":

http://abiliquip.com/vehicles

In the category I'm looking, it seems Ford Focus ST or Focus RS (250 and 350 HP!!) might be candidates. That would be a speedy pinhauler!

#367 7 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

It looks like all those wagons are out. I hard a tough time finding specs for the opening height of the rear door / trunk. I did find some useful specs on this site, which has "Boot Opening Vert Height":
    http://abiliquip.com/vehicles
    In the category I'm looking, it seems Ford Focus ST or Focus RS (250 and 350 HP!!) might be candidates. That would be a speedy pinhauler!

I went and measured a focus hatch and think it was 31" hatch opening. I also have a 15' escape which is built on the same platform. I totally spaced on the numbers and can't find anywhere I wrote them down. I also canceled my RS preorder to wait for ford to figure out the rear diff as it has had a few issues......

#368 7 years ago

My record is 4 pins one trip in a dodge dakota 4x4

crowded ride home.

#369 7 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

I went and measured a focus hatch and think it was 31" hatch opening. I also have a 15' escape which is built on the same platform. I totally spaced on the numbers and can't find anywhere I wrote them down. I also canceled my RS preorder to wait for ford to figure out the rear diff as it has had a few issues......

I think that site I linked lists the opening as 780, which is 30.7". That seems like it might work, but as with many hatches, the big question is not the max height but how far the corners are curved. Those stupid curved corners are often exaggerated and rule out many hatchbacks that would otherwise work.

Thanks for the tip on the differential, I have to look into that. That may be a good reason to opt for the ST and get a couple extra nice pins instead!

#370 7 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

I think that site I linked lists the opening as 780, which is 30.7". That seems like it might work, but as with many hatches, the big question is not the max height but how far the corners are curved. Those stupid curved corners are often exaggerated and rule out many hatchbacks that would otherwise work.
    Thanks for the tip on the differential, I have to look into that. That may be a good reason to opt for the ST and get a couple extra nice pins instead!

ST, noooooo. RS! Just get year 2 That is kinda my current plan....

Umm sooo my old escape, 2005's, fit pins no issue. My new one, the 15, I can measure, but fit sterns/segas but for the gottlieb sys3 I had to unscrew the head and slide it forward to fit. Not the worst thing to do to fit a game that I rarely move...

#371 7 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

ST, noooooo. RS! Just get year 2 That is kinda my current plan....
    Umm sooo my old escape, 2005's, fit pins no issue. My new one, the 15, I can measure, but fit sterns/segas but for the gottlieb sys3 I had to unscrew the head and slide it forward to fit. Not the worst thing to do to fit a game that I rarely move...

You can't always go LE/Premium! 95% of the playing, I mean driving, would be the same. Yeah, RS would be the way to go. How do you like your Escape? I imagine you can't get that in stick though...

#372 7 years ago

Two weeks ago I got a Creech AND an RFM in the back of my 2003 Toyota Highlander..... (mind you the hatch didn't shut all the way- but made it from Milwaukee to Des Moines with no issues)

#373 7 years ago

Heavy games.... do the seats come out to reduce weight? How'd it perform?

#374 7 years ago
    Quoted from DarkWizard:

Yours? Interesting paint scheme for a combination car. I have a 1960 Superior Cadillac Hearse.

60allegheny_(resized).jpg60allegheny_(resized).jpg

#375 7 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

You can't always go LE/Premium! 95% of the playing, I mean driving, would be the same. Yeah, RS would be the way to go. How do you like your Escape? I imagine you can't get that in stick though...

My summer car is a cobalt SS turbo, track prepped so the st doesn't do much for me as its is slower. I need something faster to consider upgrading. The RS is where it is at but they need their new system fine tuned. Mountune just announced a phase 1 kit a few days ago and in the tease they showed parts for phase two with exhaust and lsd. Idk how the f you get away with a non lsd front biased track car, my gosh.

The escape is automatic only in USA, outside you can get manual and diesel. It is the same engine as the ST. Nice, but boring auto :/ I regret not getting a wrangler, but the creature comforts are nice. I've tuned it up some but it's a dd. The 6spd trans isn't bad and it can throw down some for being awd and heavy. But no thumb shifter will make up for that clutch. If I keep it I'll be getting a lift and some other mods.....the jeep dealer near me didn't want to negotiate a decent trade :shrug:

3 weeks later
    #376 7 years ago

I need to buy a new suv this summer.

Has anyone had any problems with fitting a pin in a Subaru Crosstrek?

#377 7 years ago
    Quoted from Greenman74:

I wouldn't think they fit. That cargo area seems teeny.

#378 7 years ago

I'm looking at a 2001 Ford Focus wagon, and the Pinwiki page says that a Focus Wagon of unspecified year will hold a pinball machine, however I just can't see it with this. Can anyone confirm that it for sure will?

#379 7 years ago
    Quoted from Greenman74:

I checked, I didn't think the hatch opening was tall enough. If you removed the head it may.

#380 7 years ago
    Quoted from Greenman74:

Highly doubtful. As a frame of reference, the cargo width on the Crosstrek is smaller than the Outback, and there are several reports that a pin doesn't even fit in a newer Outback with head on... it's close, but only if you want to damage or modify the molding around the opening. So you can probably cross the Crosstrek off your list.

#381 7 years ago
    Quoted from Greenman74:

No way, the Crosstrek is an Impreza with a lift. Way too small.

1 week later
    #382 7 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

I'm looking at a 2001 Ford Focus wagon, and the Pinwiki page says that a Focus Wagon of unspecified year will hold a pinball machine, however I just can't see it with this. Can anyone confirm that it for sure will?

I was also considering this. According to the reference I linked previously, the rear opening height is 780mm. That should be enough, I think 762 is the magic number if I recall. But as with many vehicles, that could be the height at the center, and if the edges curve smaller, that's where you can run into trouble. I've had that annoyance happen several times moving pins.

#383 7 years ago

Looking at getting the wife a jeep Cherokee KL aka new gen Cherokee. Anyone confirm or deny a stern fitting in one?

#384 7 years ago
    Quoted from MrSanRamon:

To fit most games, one needs ABOUT, 24 inches horizontal clearance, 30 1/2 inches vertical clearance and 60 inches depth at the opening; the opening is usually smaller than the interior.

The easiest way to determine fit is to measure on some of these vehicles.

Just remember is you put anything under the game to help slide it in or if there is a lip at the bottom end of floor (and every SUV I've seen has one) that takes up space too.

So a rule of thumb (I use) is that a straight bottom of vehicle floor and the top opening of the roof the measurement needs to be 31 inches minimum. No guarantees, but if you have this space, a game should fit easily without loosing and sliding the head.

Robert

2 weeks later
    #385 7 years ago

Sold a WCS today. Had my mind blown when the buyer hauled it away in a Kia Rio. Head had to be removed, but still very impressive.

Photographic evidence:

20160625_173612_(resized).jpg20160625_173612_(resized).jpg

1 month later
    #386 7 years ago

2003 CR-V
    I've moved three pins with it so far.

IMG_1985_(resized).JPGIMG_1985_(resized).JPG

#387 7 years ago

Anyone transport a pin in a Suzuki SX4 hatchback?

#388 7 years ago

2013 Mercedes GLK - JackBot fit after removing trim piece at latch (single torx screw)

#389 7 years ago

Wife just upgraded from a scion xb to a mazda cx5. I measured the height and have at least an extra 3 inches. I could fit a gottlieb system3 without scraping the roof now

#390 7 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Wife just upgraded from a scion xb to a mazda cx5. I measured the height and have at least an extra 3 inches. I could fit a gottlieb system3 without scraping the roof now

Oh yeah? I am not-so-actively looking for a replacement for the 04 Escape. The CX5 is on the shortlist. How is the motor? I really wish that had a small V6 option.

#391 7 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

The CX5 is on the shortlist. How is the motor? I really wish that had a small V6 option.

184hp with electronic manual and sport mode, it gets going if you throttle it. FWD gets 33mpg, AWD gets 30mpg. The "skyactiv" transmission is pretty impressive for what they've done, and not just combining technologies but reducing weight while not compromising strength.

#392 7 years ago

Questions about Honda Fit.

1. Does it require having the rear seats out FIRST, therefore it's no good as a "roaming" car? (I thought they folded over, but maybe it's not a low enough fold)

2. With the rear seats out?, can it handle a wide-body WPC?

-mof

#393 7 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Questions about Honda Fit.
    1. Does it require having the rear seats out FIRST, therefore it's no good as a "roaming" car? (I thought they folded over, but maybe it's not a low enough fold)
    2. With the rear seats out?, can it handle a wide-body WPC?
    -mof

The rear seats fold into the floor, they do not need to be removed. A Fit can easily handle a WPC wide body game as well.

#394 7 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

Oh yeah? I am not-so-actively looking for a replacement for the 04 Escape. The CX5 is on the shortlist. How is the motor? I really wish that had a small V6 option.

The Mazda CX-5 is my new daily drive and pin-hauler. Great ride and fit a LW3 with ease. (Some might not see that as a plus)

It's not a drag racer, but it has plenty of zip.

#395 7 years ago
    Quoted from jay:

The rear seats fold into the floor, they do not need to be removed. A Fit can easily handle a WPC wide body game as well.

But no passenger, correct? So you have to ditch the passenger, if you find a pin on a road trip.
    -mof

#396 7 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

But no passenger, correct?

No rear passengers with a pin. Front is fine.

#397 7 years ago

I still see two big issues with the Fit.

1. The rear entrance "barely" handles a folded over WPC. I measured one creating a shape of 29.5" by 26" and that's about the biggest rectangle you can get through the rear shape (which is not a rectangle, it has curved edges).

2. How do you handle the 8" drop from the bumper to the rear cargo area. That looks like a deal breaker for me.
    I can imagine raising the floor -- building a 2' x 3' wooden floor with a hinge that unfolds, and then inflating an air mattress underneath it to fill in that gap. Idea being -- so that you are roaming-ready.

Seems like a pretty non-pinball friendly vehicle.
    -mof

#398 7 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

I still see two big issues with the Fit.

Been using one for years. You can even fit 2 EMs if you try real hard.

007_(resized).JPG007_(resized).JPG

fit[1]_(resized).jpgfit[1]_(resized).jpg

IMG_5638_(resized).JPGIMG_5638_(resized).JPG

#399 7 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Been using one for years. You can even fit 2 EMs if you try real hard.

What year is that Honda fit?

#400 7 years ago

That was a 2009. Currently using a 2011 - a bit tighter but still works great.

There are 2,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.