Topic Stats

• 1,211 posts
  • 464 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by JoshODBrown
  • Topic is favorited by 87 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 301 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

38C031FC-F187-4AB1-AA25-053C6F7A262C (resized).jpeg
    4D68A84B-981A-4A44-8928-ED787A8F7B32 (resized).jpeg
    A2074C65-9F6E-4EBC-9437-3EA699809171 (resized).jpeg
    20190727_093547 (resized).jpg
    20190727_104024 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190801_191215 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190801_194327 (resized).jpg
    0F9AE7BF-E4F7-4D57-B1D5-BD543550DC60 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8651 (resized).jpg
    B91D613A-9BD1-422B-AB3F-8664E6B4C43D (resized).jpeg
    sys12 (resized).jpg
    smart_versus_starwars (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190710_200230 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4086 (resized).JPG
    848F7BCE-A076-474F-8FDC-CFE2173369ED (resized).jpeg
    vwb (resized).jpg

There are 1211 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 25.
    #301 3 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

but I wasn't sure if that meant Gottlieb or Williams

This would mean Gottlieb system 3. The WMS sys 3 games have the detachable head. They don't have hinges like modern machine.

Most likely you're going to have to remove the head (or just slide it down once the hinges are removed) for each of those vehicle, but I can't confirm the Escape.

#302 3 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

Okay, so, I'm going to look at a Gottlieb System 3 DMD, and have two cars I could take, a 2008 Ford Escape, or my Dad's 2006 Chevy Equinox. I noticed the website linked in the first post says that Equinox 2005+ will *not* fit a System 3, but I wasn't sure if that meant Gottlieb or Williams. If anyone's used any of these cars with a Gottlieb System 3, let me know, thanks.

Take the escape. Fits a sys3 no prob

#303 3 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

Anyone? Would really like some advice, at least if you know which has more room.

The page linked to on the original post says about 28" folded.

If that's the case a System 3 will fit in a 2013+ RAV4

IMG_4547_(resized).jpg

#304 3 years ago

Can anyone confirm whether or not a 2010+ Third Generation Ford Focus 5 door hatchback will fit a pin?

#305 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

If that's the case a System 3 will fit in a 2013+ RAV4

That measurement is NOT all you are looking at.

Most vehicle hatches have a slight curve. You need to consider the contact points of the corner of the box as it intersects with the curve. I had a game that fit the tape in the center, but when you consider the curve over 30+ inches, it did not fit all the way. I had to drive 150 miles with the hatch propped open. Not fun during a snowstorm.

faz

#306 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_faz:

That measurement is NOT all you are looking at.

Yes, that was considered. Look again.

image_(resized).jpeg

#307 3 years ago

Excellent! I've not seen many hatches that are square across the top.

Glad it fit!
    faz

#308 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_faz:

Glad it fit!
    faz

It was a pleasant surprise.

The Flash Gordon here had a nail in the bottom that dragged the cardboard box forward and up. The resulting shadow makes it a little hard to see that there's a lot of clearance.

This RAV4 was a lease my wife had for another year. I was only going to keep it temporarily, but I'm actually warming up to it quite a bit. It's pin-hauling capability is certainly a good selling point.

#309 3 years ago

Slightly off-topic ... anyone have a good solution for sliding a pin easily in and out of our pin haulers?

As you can see from above cardboard is not foolproof.

Dragging on the carpet can easily damage the cabinet if a splinter catches, and it can add to the back-breaking task of pulling a pin out.

I thought about a piece of wall panelling (trimmed down naturally). The smooth side should work well.

#310 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

anyone have a good solution for sliding a pin easily in and out of our pin haulers?

Small pvc pipe (1" sch80), or a closet rod works great. Cut is shorter than the width of your interior. Then put the rod near the hatch opening. Place the back of the machine on the rod, and then you can just push the machine in, with the rod rolling along.

Once the machine is in, make sure to either remove the rod, or brace the machine, so that it doesn't slide during transportation.

#311 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_faz:

Glad it fit!
    faz

Is this the wife's car Faz?

image_(resized).jpeg

#312 3 years ago

2012 VW Golf is all good for 1 EM.
    60mpg too Stick It!
    image_(resized).jpg

#313 3 years ago
    Quoted from Toads:

Is this the wife's car Faz?

Not that I'm aware of...

faz

#314 3 years ago

First hand in 2011 Grand Cherokee yesterday. Bummer!

NIB Game of Thrones BOX did not fit, ~ 1+ inch interference with the top molding around the lift gate opening, at the edges.

Even with the machine removed from the box t was still a tight fit by just a tiny bit. I was able to force it, the plastic trim bent to let the machine slide in. Whew.

If i can remove that trim piece, I'd bet a NIB would fit.

2_(resized).png

#315 3 years ago

That's the worst feeling....

#316 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_faz:

That's the worst feeling....

Look at my shiny new pin.. that doesn't fit

Man that's gotta suck...

#317 3 years ago

Just got to pick the right mover...

image_(resized).jpeg

#318 3 years ago
    Quoted from Toads:

Just got to pick the right mover...

image_(resized).jpeg

And what mover would that be?

Chris

#319 3 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

And what mover would that be?
    Chris

Skoda yeti.

#320 3 years ago

I am glad nobody knows how well pins fit in 1st generation scion xb - so I can still grab them - they fit nib games as well as all other games - they get 33-35 mpg and they never break down

thanks ed

#321 3 years ago
    Quoted from markp99:

First hand in 2011 Grand Cherokee yesterday. Bummer!

Yes, for the Grand Cherokee...the 1999 - 2004 work and the 2011 & up work, but the 2005 - 2010 don't.

Robert

#322 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

Slightly off-topic ... anyone have a good solution for sliding a pin easily in and out of our pin haulers?

I use a sheet of marlite (turned so I slide on the backside)...a sheet of luan or other thin material would work too. That type of material is thin, so it doesn't increase the game height appreciably for those that have "just enough" clearance to slide in a game.

It is also a lot more rugged than cardboard which almost always tears when you push in the game, as 1 corner usually digs in.

The only downside is that it is relatively slick, so don't accelerate or stop too quickly or the game will slide.

Robert

#323 3 years ago

Anyone try the new Jeep Renegade yet? I forgot my tape measure when I went to Jeep dealer looking at Wranglers.

2 weeks later
    #324 3 years ago

I just hauled a black hole in my 2011 wrangler 4dr. Had to put back box on top the pin. Pin slid all the way to the front seats. Just enough room on one side for my dolly. Haven't tried a game with a folding backbox yet.

#325 3 years ago

Looking at either a 2015/16 Ford Explorer Sport or Dodge Durango R/T. Anyone try either of those? I will take my tape measure to the dealers.

Chris

#326 3 years ago

Anyone know if the 2016 Santa Fe fits a pin?

#327 3 years ago

Anyone tried this yet in a 2013+ Hyundai Santa fe sport?

#328 3 years ago

Lol... Missed the last post!!! Yeah I'd like to know as well!

Best I can tell the length and width are fine but the height is 29" at its widest. Probably narrower due to the latch on the floor.

#329 3 years ago

2 ems fit in a honda pilot.

#330 3 years ago

Confirmed: a NIB Stern fits in a 2005 Mazda Tribute.

Brad

tribute_nib.jpg

#331 3 years ago

Looking at either a 2015/16 Ford Explorer Sport or Dodge Durango R/T. Anyone try either of those? I will take my tape measure to the dealers.
    Chris

Should

1 month later
    #332 3 years ago

Old EMs will fit in a Chevy Sonic hatchback, as shown. Can't speak for modern machines, too close to call.

20160411_170704_(resized).jpg

20160411_170653_(resized).jpg

20160411_170713_(resized).jpg

20160411_170955_(resized).jpg

Added 13 months ago:

ADDENDUM: I've moved approximately 10 different EMs in my Sonic with no problem -- and then I finally hit a snag when I picked up a Far Out. Far Out's backbox -- and some other mid-70s Gottliebs' too -- is 28" tall x 28.5" wide backbox. I was unable to fit this in the Sonic hatchback using my standard packing method shown in that previous post; the backbox is too tall, I couldn't stand it up.

It may still be possible, though it might require uncomfortable/unsafe driving positions and/or partial removal of the back seat. I had a friend with me at the time, so when we couldn't get it to fit, we just split it up between the two cars (one took backbox, other took lower cabinet).

#333 3 years ago

Can confirm / state that a standard Stern WILL NOT fit in a 2016 Outback. It's close, but not quite.

(It very well may be possible depending on how much you care about the liner of your car, and how much swearing you'd want to do getting it back out.)

Can confirm / state that a standard Stern WILL fit into a 2014 Forrester though.

#334 3 years ago

so does anyone know the minimum height requirement for a pin?

Williams late model?
    Williams System 11?
    Newer Stern (not new in Box)?
    Gottleib System 3?

In measuring my Trailblazer, the actual hatch opening is 33" tall (at lowest point) x 34" Wide. This is my go-to pin mover, but it needs to be replaced soon.

From my observations:
    2016 Grand Cherokee measures 30 3/4" high from my measurements, with a width of 34 1/2"
    2016 Ford Explorer Sport seems to be 31" high, 33" wide
    The 2016 Dodge Durango seems to be the winner. That measured 32 1/2 high and I don't recall the width.

The real issue is the raked rooflines in the back that kill the hatch size. Sure it looks sportier, but they are forgetting the "U" in SUV.

I prefer to not get a minivan, well, just because, even though that is the ideal vehicle for the job. And an open air pickup truck isn't as practical for me (and would not fit in my garage).

Thanks
    Chris

#335 3 years ago

So to add to this thread... a Stargate (Sys 3) will NOT fit in the back of a 2013 BMW X5... doesn't clear the top of the hatch, so had to have it hanging out for the trip home.

#336 3 years ago

Here is my hauler...7.3 Powerstroke!

20150606_160856_(resized).jpg

#337 3 years ago

11297137-A-tractor-trailer-truck-travels-along-an-interstate-highway--Stock-Photo_(resized).jpg

#338 3 years ago

Here is my "hauler" ive never put a pin in her, but i justify keeping it by saying i haul pins in it.

burb_(resized).jpg
    burb_2_(resized).jpg

#339 3 years ago

Williams late model?
    Williams System 11?
    Newer Stern (not new in Box)?
    Gottleib System 3?
    In measuring my Trailblazer, the actual hatch opening is 33" tall (at lowest point) x 34" Wide. This is my go-to pin mover, but it needs to be replaced soon.
    From my observations:
    2016 Grand Cherokee measures 30 3/4" high from my measurements, with a width of 34 1/2"
    2016 Ford Explorer Sport seems to be 31" high, 33" wide
    The 2016 Dodge Durango seems to be the winner. That measured 32 1/2 high and I don't recall the width.
    The real issue is the raked rooflines in the back that kill the hatch size. Sure it looks sportier, but they are forgetting the "U" in SUV.
    I prefer to not get a minivan, well, just because, even though that is the ideal vehicle for the job. And an open air pickup truck isn't as practical for me (and would not fit in my garage).
    Thanks
    Chris

Go with the Durango you will not be disappointed. We have a 2011 with well over 100,000 miles on and have had no issues. Buddy of mine has the 2015 R/T and I like it even more. All pins have fit even the oversized Gottlieb Premiers......just. Stern's fit still in the box.

#340 3 years ago

Anything in the sporty-hatch category than can haul a newer folded Stern? Also shooting for stick-shift and 170+ HP neighborhood. I was thinking A3 might fit the bill but apparently not according to the wiki.

Anyone know about BMW 3-series wagon? A4-wagon?

Any other candidates I can consider?

If I have to go to the cross-over category, anything else close to these specs?

#341 3 years ago

Would love to see a pic of someone who fit a pin with folded head in a Tiguan. Someone said you could do it, but by my measurements it seems like it shouldn't fit.

#342 3 years ago

On two different occasions I've brought pins home in my Toyota Yaris (both were Gottlieb wedgeheads). I just had to lower the back seats, move the passenger seat up and fold it forward and the body fit on the right side. The head fit nicely behind the driver seat (with some room to sapre) and the legs went in the passenger foot well. A little cramped, but they made it home!

#343 3 years ago

the yaris has the best motor ever made - the 1.5 - never needs anything - no belts or chains to replace - thanks ed

#344 3 years ago

In my winning lottery ticket scenario I'd want to know if a Cadillac CTS-V Wagon, standard trans, of course, can haul a pin. Road and track confirmed it can haul 20 cases of beer and still break 150mph. I mean, really when your burning lotto money, you want to get home fast and can afford the tickets/insurance anyway right?

But its as likely it fits as I'll win, but interested if anyone has tried the Cadiwagon's .

#345 3 years ago

The 2011 thru 2016 Grand Cherokee will fit an original Spiderman pin...barley.

Don't have the measurements for the other pinball manufacturers versions. You'd have to fold down a few backboxes and do a measurement.

The real issue is the "floor" to rear hatch distance. This measurement is further complicated by the plastic lip on the floor of the SUV and its relationship with the bottom of the hatch.

Robert

#346 3 years ago

I once fit a big guns (really tall back box) and a comet (wide back box) in the back of my 03 Honda Pilot without removing the heads.

#347 3 years ago
    Quoted from chrisnack:

So to add to this thread... a Stargate (Sys 3) will NOT fit in the back of a 2013 BMW X5... doesn't clear the top of the hatch, so had to have it hanging out for the trip home.

To fit a sys 3 in my 2015 escape. I had to unscrew the head hinge. slide it down, re-plastic and it slide in. Annoying but worth keeping the game in the car

#348 3 years ago

I sold a Cyclone to someone with a newer Chevy Tahoe and it barely fit through the back. The problem was the height of the opening. The floor in some of these larger SUVs are slightly raised and the top of the vehicle slightly sloped down. We had to nudge it in and it did make a paint rub mark on the top part of the vehicle's plastic trim...

#349 3 years ago

anyone driving a honda HRV? My wife is looking to replace her Xb, which has been a great pin hauler. Seriously considering trading my XD for a honda fit.

#350 3 years ago

Cts wagon will not fit a pin. It won't even fit a pin body with the head off.
    I bought one anyway.......

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct
    $ 149.99
    Lighting - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 199.99
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 20.00
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.25
    Lighting - Other
    The MOD Couple
    $ 225.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 34.95
    Playfield - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 150.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 159.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    £ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinballToys
    $ 19.95
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5.00
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Iron Monger Decal Out of stock
    Flashinstinct
    $ 225.00
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    FlyLand Designs
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 115.00
    Boards
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 199.99
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    FlyLand Designs
    There are 1211 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 25.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside