Topic Stats

• 2,572 posts
  • 809 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by mof
  • Topic is favorited by 188 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240423_144609 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0387 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9289 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_3842 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3843 (resized).jpeg
    Hobbit_Collective_Move (resized).jpg
    IMG_7132 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3737 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3734 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3735 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3733 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3736 (resized).jpeg
    20240318_101947 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 52.
    #1851 2 years ago
    Quoted from MrMikeman:

Not all 2022 Tucsons are the same
    When I ordered my 2022 Tuscon Hybrid they obviously had none in the showroom (they still don't) so I took measurements on a gas only model. Lots of clearance to put a game in. I was happy and went ahead and ordered one. Got it in December. Last weekend was my first haul attempt and low and behold, a game doesn't fit. While the back seats do fold flat, the problem is the vertical clearance on the hatchback. Not sure if it's because of the hybrid thing, the panoramic sunroof, or because I have the auto-closing back hatch but I am missing about 1" to get a folded B/W game in and about 2" to get a folded Stern in. There's a big lip that sticks down from the top of the opening.
    Yes if I take the heads off it'll fit fine. Certainly not ideal.

Wow that must have been frustrating. Thanks for the response though. I have the SEL model, Non-hybrid, with no powered trunk opener which is where I’m guessing the clearance is lost. I’ll update my post with that info for anybody searching

#1852 2 years ago

Outside of the prices of gas, happy to have my F150!

B58B7B1E-6B0B-49E8-9E25-3CB45395784A (resized).jpegB58B7B1E-6B0B-49E8-9E25-3CB45395784A (resized).jpeg
    #1853 2 years ago

Anybody have any reports on a Hyundai Elantra Touring Wagon (2010-2012 era)? Fold down only.

#1854 2 years ago
    Quoted from Triglyph:

Wow that must have been frustrating. Thanks for the response though. I have the SEL model, Non-hybrid, with no powered trunk opener which is where I’m guessing the clearance is lost.

Understatement of the year. I specifically bought the Tucson because it could fit a game inside. I got the limited cause I’m a fan of tech. Had I known….

I do have an open trailer but being at the mercy of Mother Nature isn’t always ideal.

#1855 2 years ago

Anyone know if a 2015 Nissan Rogue S fits?

#1857 2 years ago
    Quoted from MrMikeman:

I do have an open trailer but being at the mercy of Mother Nature isn’t always ideal.

Could make some kind of weatherproofed cover, I reckon? Unfortunate that the vehicle didn't work out.

#1858 2 years ago
    Quoted from blizz81:

Could make some kind of weatherproofed cover, I reckon? Unfortunate that the vehicle didn't work out.

Probably. However my trailer gets to spend the winter in the backyard buried under snow. No room in the driveway when snow clearing time comes. Our average snowfall is 3 times yours

#1859 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

I might have to replace my pin hauler soon, so looking at options. Can anyone give a definitive answer on the Mazda CX-5? It seems every other post conflicts...most say no problem, but then I just saw one saying a modern Stern was a no-go?
    Others on the short list are the Escape and the Forester. 90% chance I end up with one of those.
    I've also toyed with the idea of a small truck, but do not like the open air idea. It might be a stupid question, but is it possible to roll a tonneau cover over something like a pin? I'm assuming most truck beds are too shallow to fit it completely under. I'm not sure if a tonneau has enough give for a big lump in the middle, LOL!

I have a 2019 cx5, but never tried a pin. I think it should fit. Bw for sure. The hatch opening is tough to measure because it’s slanted. The roofline rakes a little as you go inside. mbaumle has moved pins in his cx5, not sure if he ever moved a stern. Reach out to him.love the cx5 btw.

#1860 2 years ago

You want a ~32" tall back door and the cx5 measured short when I checked it while shopping around. I got a '21 RAV4 hybrid that measures ~31 and 7/8" which is fine.

#1861 2 years ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

You want a ~32" tall back door and the cx5 measured short when I checked it while shopping around. I got a '21 RAV4 hybrid that measures ~31 and 7/8" which is fine.

You only need 30-1/2” to fit a stern game, less for bw.

#1862 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

Has anyone fit a Stern DMD (30.5” or so folded) into a 2007 Acura mdx? I believe it would be the same for any model between 2006-2009. Seeing mixed reports using the search feature

Yes, they fit in second Gen MDX's (2007-2013), they do not fit in third Gen (2014+)

#1863 2 years ago
    Quoted from radial_head:

Anybody have any reports on a Hyundai Elantra Touring Wagon (2010-2012 era)? Fold down only.

Nope. Had a 2011 and not enough clearance at the hatch opening. Head needs to be removed. Or do what I did and leave half the pin hanging out the back With the hatch up and everything secured with ratchet straps.

#1864 2 years ago

Not sure if mentioned...Kia Telluride fit a pin fine. Moved a couple B/W titles with room to spare (2020/21 can't remember wife got it when they first came out).
    Also 2019 Tahoe LT do fit but I had to take top plastic trim off (pops off). It may have made it but started to scrape and I just popped the top trim off temporarily.

#1865 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

I might have to replace my pin hauler soon, so looking at options. Can anyone give a definitive answer on the Mazda CX-5? It seems every other post conflicts...most say no problem, but then I just saw one saying a modern Stern was a no-go?
    Others on the short list are the Escape and the Forester. 90% chance I end up with one of those.
    I've also toyed with the idea of a small truck, but do not like the open air idea. It might be a stupid question, but is it possible to roll a tonneau cover over something like a pin? I'm assuming most truck beds are too shallow to fit it completely under. I'm not sure if a tonneau has enough give for a big lump in the middle, LOL!

Moved a lot of LCD and DMD stern pins with a 2020 CX5. You have to fold the head and move it down. Remove the 2 screws on each side of the cabinet and bring the head down towards the lock bar. Fits well.

#1866 2 years ago
    Quoted from blastbeat:

Not sure if mentioned...Kia Telluride fit a pin fine. Moved a couple B/W titles with room to spare (2020/21 can't remember wife got it when they first came out).
    Also 2019 Tahoe LT do fit but I had to take top plastic trim off (pops off). It may have made it but started to scrape and I just popped the top trim off temporarily.

Tahoe was tight? what the...man I thought the tahoe had a huge opening...well the old ones. Glad it was an easy fit still.

1 week later
    #1867 2 years ago

It's totally surprising to me that this car has somehow gone under the radar on this thread: the Kia Rondo (2007-2009)

Just test drove one on a lark, did all the measurements. 62" of depth, 32" of hatch height.

Strongly considering picking one up.

#1868 2 years ago
    Quoted from radial_head:

It's totally surprising to me that this car has somehow gone under the radar on this thread: the Kia Rondo (2007-2009)
    Just test drove one on a lark, did all the measurements. 62" of depth, 32" of hatch height.

My dad had a Kia Rondo. Tons of space, but he said it wasn't that great reliability wise. At least his wasn't, and he got it new and drove very little.

Chris

#1869 2 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

My dad had a Kia Rondo. Tons of space, but he said it wasn't that great reliability wise. At least his wasn't, and he got it new and drove very little.

Interesting! I'd love some more info. I'll PM ya if that's okay.

#1870 2 years ago

2012 Tahoe. Fits a pin and a dolly.

20220315_151422 (resized).jpg20220315_151422 (resized).jpg20220315_151454 (resized).jpg20220315_151454 (resized).jpg
    #1871 2 years ago
    Quoted from radial_head:

Interesting! I'd love some more info. I'll PM ya if that's okay.

Yep. no problem

#1872 2 years ago

In line with my earlier posts, possible interesting candidates: Ford Transit 250, MBZ Sprinter . . . although neither is likely liftgate suitable. Both are taller van types.

#1873 2 years ago

I’ve seen some posts confirming that modern pins fit in the 2022 RAV4 Prime, but that it’s tight. Can anyone comment on how tight? Pics? Would want to be able to move modern Sterns, as well as Williams.

Thanks!

#1874 2 years ago
    Quoted from radial_head:

I saw one on the road the other day and my first thought was how legit it looked as a pin hauler

1 week later
    #1875 2 years ago

TLDR: 2021 Mazda CX-5 pins no fit good.

Attention Mazda CX-5 drivers. I always used a 2014 and 2017 Mazda CX-5 in the past to haul pins...fit all pins no problem (newer Sterns, older Bally, widebody etc).

Bought a 2021 CX-5 late last year. Just went to pickup a Stern pin the other day and they DO NOT FIT. They took about an inch off clearance wise (height). Had to turn it sideways very carefully. Just a heads up for those in the market.

#1876 2 years ago
    Quoted from WildRover:

Attention Mazda CX-5 drivers. I always used a 2014 and 2017 Mazda CX-5 in the past to haul pins...fit all pins no problem (newer Sterns, older Bally, widebody etc).
    Bought a 2021 CX-5 late last year. Just went to pickup a Stern pin the other day and they DO NOT FIT. They took about an inch off clearance wise (height). Had to turn it sideways very carefully. Just a heads up for those in the market.

I have a 2019 cx5, guessing it will be similar. I tried measuring and it did look to be tight for a stern, I think bw, jjp and Cgc should be fine.

#1877 2 years ago

Was thinking about picking up a kia seltos. Cargo opening only about 30 inches tall.

#1878 2 years ago
    Quoted from tp:

Was thinking about picking up a kia seltos. Cargo opening only about 30 inches tall.

i think it will be too tight , really need about 31 inches at 18 inches left and right of dead center

#1879 2 years ago
    Quoted from luch:

i think it will be too tight , really need about 31 inches at 18 inches left and right of dead center

Yea I was all tuned into buying this vehicle. Disappointing.

#1880 2 years ago

i have fit

Quoted from WildRover:

You can get that inch by unbolting the 2 backbox hinge bolts from the cabinet and sliding the backbox further down towards the coindoor

#1881 2 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

A new Ford Edge will not hold one without sliding the head down or removing it.

What exactly do you mean by 'sliding the head down'? We have a 2021 Ford Edge ST and it sounds like a Munsters Premium/LE (looking to buy) will not fit in it then. Is this correct?

Previously we had a 2011 Ford Edge Limited and were able to haul a TAF in it without any fitment issues.

Gord

#1882 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballjj:

i have fit

You can get that inch by unbolting the 2 backbox hinge bolts from the cabinet and sliding the backbox further down towards the coindoor

is the head cable long enough to do this ?

#1883 2 years ago
    Quoted from GRB1959:

What exactly do you mean by 'sliding the head down'? We have a 2021 Ford Edge ST and it sounds like a Munsters Premium/LE (looking to buy) will not fit in it then. Is this correct?
    Previously we had a 2011 Ford Edge Limited and were able to haul a TAF in it without any fitment issues.
    Gord

It means unbolting the head from the lower cabinet and sliding the head down the cabinet (obviously with something in between to protect it). Since the lower is slanted this makes the game shorter in height so it will fit.

#1884 2 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

It means unbolting the head from the lower cabinet and sliding the head down the cabinet (obviously with something in between to protect it). Since the lower is slanted this makes the game shorter in height so it will fit.

Thanks for the explanation, I assume that the wiring harness is long enough to allow the head to slide enough to fit.

Gord

#1885 2 years ago
    Quoted from WildRover:

Thanks for the confirmation. After hearing conflicting info here, I tried one out. Didn't really fall in love with it anyway, but a couple quick measurements made it look like there was no way a pin was going in without lube and a prayer. Ended up buying a 2020 Forester and I absolutely love it. Haven't stuffed a pin yet, but I'm fairly certain it will not be a problem.

0C83192E-4F32-491E-B14B-5C8ECE4C64F6 (resized).jpeg0C83192E-4F32-491E-B14B-5C8ECE4C64F6 (resized).jpeg
    #1886 2 years ago

T2 and Drudge Dredd both fit into a 2018 Forester, just not at the same time obviously. Those two pins are actually an easier fit than modern Sterns since they sit lower height-wise.

#1887 2 years ago
    Quoted from tp:

I'm wondering about this also...bump.

I looked a some last week. My guess would be it would be close with the back seats down.

#1888 2 years ago

I can confirm and I was shocked by this a 2018 Honda Fit can just barely fit a stern machine.

ADB0808B-7497-4262-881B-6302B9DB4CC4 (resized).jpegADB0808B-7497-4262-881B-6302B9DB4CC4 (resized).jpegC52025BC-3307-4D87-9A67-00DA4C11CD7E (resized).jpegC52025BC-3307-4D87-9A67-00DA4C11CD7E (resized).jpeg
    #1889 2 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Is the Santa Cruz available yet?

Okay, so I've seen the Santa Cruz on the road, and saw one on display at a Costco in La Habra. Not only does it look like the bed is too short, but there's a roll down cover that would get in the way even if it was rolled away.
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1890 2 years ago

A system 11 will fit, no problem at all, in a gen 5 4Runner (2010-2022) with NO 3rd ROW SEATS! The third row even when folded down reduces the height clearance too much.

All WPC and Stern games will fit no problem in a 2014 CRV. Extra room for dolly etc.

I fit a Stern SAM into a 2011 Honda Fit, but it was very tight and had both front seats very far forward.

I put many games in a 2002 CRV but if it has something like a T2 gun handle it’ll need to be removed.

This is probably obvious, but if a Stern or Williams game can fit in these cars, a classic Williams or Bally with the head removed will be just fine.

#1891 2 years ago

Does a Stern NIB fit inside a 2021 Nissan Rogue ? My gut says no.

#1892 2 years ago
    Quoted from RVApinballer:

A system 11 will fit, no problem at all, in a gen 5 4Runner (2010-2022) with NO 3rd ROW SEATS! The third row even when folded down reduces the height clearance too much.
    All WPC and Stern games will fit no problem in a 2014 CRV. Extra room for dolly etc.
    I fit a Stern SAM into a 2011 Honda Fit, but it was very tight and had both front seats very far forward.
    I put many games in a 2002 CRV but if it has something like a T2 gun handle it’ll need to be removed.
    This is probably obvious, but if a Stern or Williams game can fit in these cars, a classic Williams or Bally with the head removed will be just fine.

I think you need to work on your technique. My Honda fit has hauled WPCs, Sys 11, JJP, Spike, SAM, Data East, Whitestar, etc all with the heads only folded down. Sometimes I've even put a two-wheel dolly back there with the machine.

Speaking of the Fit, I'm looking to retire mine. Is there anything else out there with similar cost of ownership/reliability/price? Preferably 2018 or newer.

#1893 2 years ago

Honda HR-V is replacing the Fit's market position. Not sure if it's long enough to fit a pin. The next size up is the CR-V, though that's quite a bit more expensive.

Toyota has the C-HR and upcoming Corolla Cross which is slightly larger.

I drive a Nissan Kicks which is in the same class. Haven't tried to fit a pin in it yet. I think it won't fit as the rear seats don't fold down far enough.

#1894 2 years ago
    Quoted from vikingerik:

Honda HR-V is replacing the Fit's market position. Not sure if it's long enough to fit a pin. The next size up is the CR-V, though that's quite a bit more expensive.
    Toyota has the C-HR and upcoming Corolla Cross which is slightly larger.
    I drive a Nissan Kicks which is in the same class. Haven't tried to fit a pin in it yet. I think it won't fit as the rear seats don't fold down far enough.

HRV might be even better than the Fit based on the hatch design (flooring being flush with the hatch opening). The Corolla Cross seems great, I just need to find one to look at in person and check out some measurements.

#1895 2 years ago

Based on this post it looks like the latest HRV holds a modern stern with room to spare.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in/page/34#post-6292315

#1896 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinash:

Speaking of the Fit, I'm looking to retire mine. Is there anything else out there with similar cost of ownership/reliability/price? Preferably 2018 or newer.

Any chance you're looking to sell it? Does it Fit a game?

#1897 2 years ago

Thought I read that 32 inch opening is required. Our Blazer only measures 28 so I am thinking it’s not a pin hauler?

#1898 2 years ago

2020 BMW X3 barely fits a Taxi pin. Back hatch had to stay open about 8 inches. Tied the hatch so it wouldn't fully open and made it home safe 1 hr away.

#1899 2 years ago

Adding to my ongoing list of interesting, van-type candidates from post #1872: Nissan NV 200; Dodge has a couple models that are larger than a more compact one I just saw on the road -- have forgotten the model, as I didn't make note of it -- which was tall enough but not deep enough.

Have to reiterate that for any passenger type vehicle, you'd never want to stop short in traffic and have a hulking mass weighing 250 lb.s or more hurtling towards you. A separate, fully enclosed cargo section with effective internal restraints should avoid that.

#1900 2 years ago
    Quoted from Heretic_9:

Adding to my ongoing list of interesting, van-type candidates from post #1872: Nissan NV 200; Dodge has a couple models that are larger than a more compact one I just saw on the road -- have forgotten the model, as I didn't make note of it -- which was tall enough but not deep enough.
    Have to reiterate that for any passenger type vehicle, you'd never want to stop short in traffic and have a hulking mass weighing 250 lb.s or more hurtling towards you. A separate, fully enclosed cargo section with effective internal restraints should avoid that.

The Dodge equivalent is the ProMaster City.

There are 2,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in/page/38 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.