Topic Stats

• 2,564 posts
  • 808 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by DarthPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 187 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9289 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_3842 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3843 (resized).jpeg
    Hobbit_Collective_Move (resized).jpg
    IMG_7132 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3737 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3734 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3735 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3733 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3736 (resized).jpeg
    20240318_101947 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.55?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.35?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,564 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 52.
    #1801 2 years ago

2022 Kia Telluride? Not listed in the database (any year Telluride). Wife is getting a new job and it includes a company car allowance. She wants a midsized-ish SUV. Anyone got recommendations?

#1802 2 years ago

my wife as well is looking at one , i think in this thread it was stated telluride will fit in box!

#1803 2 years ago
    Quoted from Waldo:

2022 Kia Telluride? Not listed in the database (any year Telluride). Wife is getting a new job and it includes a company car allowance. She wants a midsized-ish SUV. Anyone got recommendations?

Searching this thread indicates a post from two years ago that doesn't specify the year but shows a Stern fitting easily but a GTB will not without removing the head. Thread search is your friend.

#1804 2 years ago

Jeep Wrangler 4xe fits a modern Stern, but just barely. I imagine the regular Wrangler unlimited probably has some extra room to work with. I assumed the hump in the back was a bit different because of the battery.

#1805 2 years ago

New 2022 Jeep Wagoneer will fit any game.

#1806 2 years ago
    Quoted from BackFlipper:

New 2022 Jeep Wagoneer will fit any game.

Yeah cause it's the size of a M1 Abrams

#1807 2 years ago
    Quoted from rollinover:

2015 escape can that fit pretty much any new pin? Looks to about 33 clearance or so

Oh ya, and you can slide it at an angle to fit the 40 split back seat part up to hold a back seat passenger

#1808 2 years ago
    Quoted from robbo105:

I know a regular pinball will fit in a 4 door Jeep Wrangler, but what about Pinball 2000 (Revenge From Mars). Will that fit in the back of a 4 door Jeep Wrangler?

Ever find out about this? I need to pick one up and am debating if it would fit in my Wrangler (with the soft top still on).

#1809 2 years ago

2022 Acura MDX - the hatch is too short from top to bottom to fit a folded pinball by about 1 inch. If you took the backbox off it will fit.

#1810 2 years ago
    Quoted from dmgambone:

Ever find out about this? I need to pick one up and am debating if it would fit in my Wrangler (with the soft top still on).

What is the "depth/height" of a pin2k with the head on? I don't have a JKU anymore but a nib stern on pallet fit in the 4 door....

#1811 2 years ago

Pins do not fit in a 2019 Hyundai Tucson. When back seats are folded down they do not lay flat, but slightly angled (sloping up towards the front of the vehicle). Because of that, a pin fits in part way, but as the folded seats slope up, the pin hits the ceiling. Learned my lesson for when I buy my next car. Photo from October 2019...

20191013_134040_2 (resized).jpg20191013_134040_2 (resized).jpg
    #1812 2 years ago
    Quoted from brucipher:

Pins do not fit in a 2019 Hyundai Tucson. When back seats are folded down they do not lay flat, but slightly angled (sloping up towards the front of the vehicle). Because of that, a pin fits in part way, but as the folded seats slope up, the pin hits the ceiling. Learned my lesson for when I buy my next car. Photo from October 2019...
    [quoted image]

I've got a 2021 Tuscon. I've never tried any SS games, but I managed to get 2 EM's, a 4 player and a 1 player, in with the doors closed. No room for passenger though. On mine, the spare tire cover (rear trunk floor) has 2 levels. If you slide it out and put it on the upper notch, it makes the whole rear compartment flush with the seats folded down and the lip on the tailgate. You do loose a bit of headroom in the trunk area though.

#1813 2 years ago

Has anybody tried a Hyundai Elantra Touring circa 2010 or so?

#1814 2 years ago
    Quoted from barndoor:

2022 Acura MDX - the hatch is too short from top to bottom to fit a folded pinball by about 1 inch. If you took the backbox off it will fit.

Same thing with a 2019+ RDX.

#1815 2 years ago

Mk4 Jetta wagon (2001 to 2005) will hold Williams system 11 and WPC games (not sure about widebody games).

asdfasdfasdf (resized).jpgasdfasdfasdf (resized).jpg

You do not have to take the back box off, but the trim panel that runs long the top edge needs to be removed (pulls right off) and then Sys11 and WPC will just barely fit height wise. However, my measurements of Stern pins seem to imply that with the backbox folded down, it will be too tall by a couple of inches to fit into the opening.

The B5 Passat wagon (2001 to 2005) range would be a bit bigger so maybe Sterns would fit... ???

We have a 2019 Golf Alltrack, and I'm pretty sure the backbox will have to be removed to fit.

#1816 2 years ago

Has anyone fit a Stern DMD (30.5” or so folded) into a 2007 Acura mdx? I believe it would be the same for any model between 2006-2009. Seeing mixed reports using the search feature

#1817 2 years ago
    Quoted from pencilneck:

Mk4 Jetta wagon (2001 to 2005) will hold Williams system 11 and WPC games (not sure about widebody games).

Real shame that those cars don't fit a WPC fold down. It's such a good looking car.

#1818 2 years ago
    Quoted from pencilneck:

[quoted image]
    You do not have to take the back box off, but the trim panel that runs long the top edge needs to be removed (pulls right off) and then Sys11 and WPC will just barely fit height wise. However, my measurements of Stern pins seem to imply that with the backbox folded down, it will be too tall by a couple of inches to fit into the opening.
    The B5 Passat wagon (2001 to 2005) range would be a bit bigger so maybe Sterns would fit... ???
    We have a 2019 Golf Alltrack, and I'm pretty sure the backbox will have to be removed to fit.

I have a 19 GSW. You can fit one in but will need to undo the hinges and slide backbox down closer to the coin door.

#1819 2 years ago

CANADIAN TRACTOR TRAILER

#1820 2 years ago

Will one fit in a Nissan Quest minivan... I want to be sure as I am going to rent , I have to fly to Chicago and drive back

#1821 2 years ago

Anyone know if a early stern 2003 will fit in a 2017 Tucson when the head is taken off ?

#1822 2 years ago

Will a bmw x3 fit a modern stern?

#1823 2 years ago
    Quoted from madtown:

Will a bmw x3 fit a modern stern?

recommend searching 'x3' in this thread, different answers for different years it looks like

#1825 2 years ago

2016 Ford Edge will fit High Speed. So probably any SS game.

#1826 2 years ago
    Quoted from wolffcub:

Anyone know if a early stern 2003 will fit in a 2017 Tucson when the head is taken off ?

A Tuscon will fit a game without head easily. I haven't done it with a whitestar but have no problem with classics. If the damn seats folded flat a stern would fit folded.

#1827 2 years ago
    Quoted from schmittyz:

A Tuscon will fit a game without head easily. I haven't done it with a whitestar but have no problem with classics. If the damn seats folded flat a stern would fit folded.

Confirmed on Saturday. A 2017 Hyundai Tucson will fit a 2003 stern with the head off. Be sure to have the cabinet favoriting the passenger side so the head can easily fit on the drivers side and not have an interference issue with the center rear row shoulder belt mounted in the roof area.

#1828 2 years ago

Has anyone checked out the new Corolla Cross? It looks like comparable to the HRV, but a slightly cheaper.

#1829 2 years ago

I've read and been told that a 2005 Passat Wagon fits a WPC fold down no problem (sys3 needs to be disassembled). Can anybody here confirm that the 2002-2005 Passats have the same cargo specs?

#1830 2 years ago
    Quoted from radial_head:

I've read and been told that a 2005 Passat Wagon fits a WPC fold down no problem (sys3 needs to be disassembled). Can anybody here confirm that the 2002-2005 Passats have the same cargo specs?

Yes, same body was used on the Passat wagons up until 2005, then 2006 is when the next gen of Passats came out.

If the mounting points for "latch" (baby seats) are on the seat backs, some were flush and some are raised... the raised ones will need to be removed, they are held in with a single bolt, 13mm as I recall... then you'll have a flat surface to slide the pin over.

#1831 2 years ago

Anyone know it a pin will fit in a Kia Seltos?

1 week later
    #1832 2 years ago

[What is your ideal transport suggestion, that fits the parameters I will set out below.]

This is something I've wondered about, ever since owning my first pin ~ 8 years ago. I see that this thread has been going on for 9 years worth of posts, so I've got a lot of catching up to do in reading through it. Most of the games I own came to me via NAVL, from coast to coast distance or approaching that. They must break up the transport into segments, as the last leg of it was always delivered by a local region firm. This firm used a sizable, fully enclosed truck -- I'd estimate having an internal capacity of 8 pins or more -- equipped with a formidable, pro liftgate, which makes a huge difference.

BUT, WHAT IF you needed or desired to move a few pins around from time to time in your local area, did not want to go out and rent a truck each time for this, and your budget would accommodate owning your own vehicle for this ? What would you choose ? Consider that basically as being open-ended, covering various price points. (The each-time rental is likely still going to be a much more feasible solution, but I'd still like to field your ideas.)

Factors I would list as highly desirable:

1. Fully enclosed, no flatbed trucks. So you don't have to deal with a tarp in rainy or windy weather.
    2. Will accommodate at least 2 widebody pins. and probably a max. of 4, because:

3. Don't want to have to work with some HUGE vehicle that it can be difficult to maneuver or to find a suitable parking space for.

4. Well drivable, for people with ordinary driving skills. (I've driven a medium panel truck or van, which qualifies.)

5. Has a pin-sized or larger powered liftgate, capable of supporting 250 - 300 lb.s at a time. This could be after-market. (I've heard of one called 'Tommygate.' Don't know how good it might be . . . . ) Liftgate much preferred over any ramp.

6. Can be fitted with interior fixtures at which to secure restraining straps.
    7. Good vehicle reliability. I've seen some trucks or vans that might be candidates, based on the overall size, ranging from Dodge to Mercedes. (Why I said to cover various price points.)

8. Should be able to take the height of a pin that does not have the head folded, or removed if it's a non-foldable EM. That most likely rules out being able to see out of any rear windows, if they exist. So:

9. Decent visibility around the vehicle, from the mirrors, and any possible camera features.

I think that would pretty much be my wish list, if I could enumerate the specs.

#1833 2 years ago
    Quoted from Heretic_9:

What is your ideal transport suggestion

I very rarely move a pinball game and when I do there is almost no time that I wanted to move 2 at the same time. It has happened, but only once I think.

When I looked at the cost of a vehicle, maintenance/repair and license...one would have to haul a lot of pinball games to make it cost effective, like a pinball business owner.

So, I just bought a Grand Cherokee that I use as my daily driver and trip vehicle and the occasional pinball mover. Sure, It can only haul 1 game at a time, but that's really enough for me. If The game is further than 3 hours away, I'd probably have someone bring it to me or not buy it since I can't see it first hand.

If I really want to move a couple of games, I'd either borrow a pickup or rent a van/pickup at Avis. For me I can get a full size pickup or van for about $160 for ~3 days. So I can do a lot of rentals for the cost of a vehicle.

Robert

#1834 2 years ago

I love my F150. I can’t find it now but there was a post that someone had a wrap that covered the pin in the back of the truck. I’ll keep looking for it. I use the truck daily for work. If I could afford it I would get the Raptor! I can’t get enough of that truck!

Quoted from Heretic_9:

[What is your ideal transport suggestion, that fits the parameters I will set out below.]
    This is something I've wondered about, ever since owning my first pin ~ 8 years ago. I see that this thread has been going on for 9 years worth of posts, so I've got a lot of catching up to do in reading through it. Most of the games I own came to me via NAVL, from coast to coast distance or approaching that. They must break up the transport into segments, as the last leg of it was always delivered by a local region firm. This firm used a sizable, fully enclosed truck -- I'd estimate having an internal capacity of 8 pins or more -- equipped with a formidable, pro liftgate, which makes a huge difference.
    BUT, WHAT IF you needed or desired to move a few pins around from time to time in your local area, did not want to go out and rent a truck each time for this, and your budget would accommodate owning your own vehicle for this ? What would you choose ? Consider that basically as being open-ended, covering various price points. (The each-time rental is likely still going to be a much more feasible solution, but I'd still like to field your ideas.)
    1. Fully enclosed, no flatbed trucks. So you don't have to deal with a tarp in rainy or windy weather.
    2. Will accommodate at least 2 widebody pins. and probably a max. of 4, because:
    3. Don't want to have to work with some HUGE vehicle that it can be difficult to maneuver or to find a suitable parking space for.
    4. Well drivable, for people with ordinary driving skills. (I've driven a medium panel truck or van, which qualifies.)
    5. Has a pin-sized or larger powered liftgate, capable of supporting 250 - 300 lb.s at a time. This could be after-market. (I've heard of one called 'Tommygate.' Don't know how good it might be . . . . ) Liftgate much preferred over any ramp.
    7. Good vehicle reliability. I've seen some trucks or vans that might be candidates, based on the overall size, ranging from Dodge to Mercedes. (Why I said to cover various price points.)
    8. Should be able to take the height of a pin that does not have the head folded, or removed if it's a non-foldable EM. That most likely rules out being able to see out of any rear windows, if they exist. So:
    9. Decent visibility around the vehicle, from the mirrors, and any possible camera features.

#1835 2 years ago
    Quoted from Heretic_9:

My suggestion would be a small enclosed trailer with a drop down rear ramp/door. Then pick your favorite vehicle that can tow 3500-5000#. This is my current solution. I think it is the most flexible and covers all of your requirements. I had been using a '18 Forester XT. It is limited in tow capability but could easily move a couple games at a time. I recently picked up a BMW X5 diesel as the new tow vehicle. It has what I found to be one of the highest tow ratings for a mid sized SUV (up to 7700) and gets great fuel economy. It fits a game by itself, and with my trailer (4x10 I think?) could theoretically haul 7-8 games packed up. What's better is that if only moving one or two, they can be loaded legs on.

PXL_20211110_213327757 (resized).jpgPXL_20211110_213327757 (resized).jpg
    #1836 2 years ago
    Quoted from Heretic_9:

Ford transit
    Ram promaster

#1837 2 years ago

Has anyone confirmed a2022 RAV4 prime can fit a modern pin?

#1838 2 years ago
    Quoted from flipnout1:

Anyone know it a pin will fit in a Kia Seltos?

I'm wondering about this also...bump.

#1839 2 years ago
    Quoted from RobF:

My suggestion would be a small enclosed trailer with a drop down rear ramp/door. Then pick your favorite vehicle that can tow 3500-5000#. This is my current solution. I think it is the most flexible and covers all of your requirements. I had been using a '18 Forester XT. It is limited in tow capability but could easily move a couple games at a time. I recently picked up a BMW X5 diesel as the new tow vehicle. It has what I found to be one of the highest tow ratings for a mid sized SUV (up to 7700) and gets great fuel economy. It fits a game by itself, and with my trailer (4x10 I think?) could theoretically haul 7-8 games packed up. What's better is that if only moving one or two, they can be loaded legs on.
    [quoted image]

That's a nice little trailer.

Chris

#1840 2 years ago
    Quoted from marspinball:

Has anyone confirmed a2022 RAV4 prime can fit a modern pin?

Yep, it's tight...you will want to remove all the mats, but it will fit. A couple of us here on Pinside have a RAV4 Prime as daily drivers. Mine is a backup pin hauler since my wife has a Honda Odyssey which I use as my primary pin hauler.

#1841 2 years ago

Wide body Gottliebs,head folded down in a 07 Chevy Tahoe

#1842 2 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

That's a nice little trailer.
    Chris

Thanks! It's an older Haulmark The only two issues I have run into is that the ceiling height is about 1" too short to transport my arcade cabinets upright. The second is that this trailer seems to have the axles back further than I would like. This means I have to watch for going over the tongue weight. Here are four games comfortably packed for the NWPAS a couple years back.

20180616_135001 (resized).jpg20180616_135001 (resized).jpg
    #1843 2 years ago
    Quoted from Heretic_9:

Nice list of desirable factors! It will be tough to satisfy that entire list though, you will probably have to pick the ones that are the most important to you and go with that. Trailer or van sounds like what you are looking at though. Another option for pickup trucks is to get a camper shell - this takes care of the weather element.

One factor I don't see often mentioned - safety. Both in terms of how it drives and the ability to do emergency maneuvers, but also, what happens in a collision. I used to move pins in a Jeep Cherokee and while it was a great car and I loved it for many reasons, moving pins wasn't one of them - in the event of a collision, I couldn't escape the thought of a 300lb weight crushing me from behind. I move pins in a pickup truck now and really like having a steel bulkhead between me (in the cabin) and the game (in the truck bed).

#1844 2 years ago

2022 Hyundai Tucson

Got one of these as my new pin hauler, have moved several games with no height clearance problems with folded games.
    Stern Ripley's, Williams Swords of Fury, Bally Dr Who, Gottlieb Jungle Queen (with head off)

The back seats fold down very close to completely flat and there's no large lip on the trunk entrance to overcome

I see someone that had trouble fitting games with the 2019 model but with the body redesign they seem to have increased the size too

Gets good gas mileage for its size as well, been very happy so far overall. I was moving games in my impreza hatchback for years with them strapped and hanging out the back, so it's been a huge improvement for me.

Added over 2 years ago:

*This is an SEL model, non hybrid, with the manual liftgate.

There may be less clearance with a powered liftgate: see post #1849.

#1845 2 years ago
    Quoted from andre060:

Nice list of desirable factors! It will be tough to satisfy that entire list though, you will probably have to pick the ones that are the most important to you and go with that. Trailer or van sounds like what you are looking at though. Another option for pickup trucks is to get a camper shell - this takes care of the weather element.
    One factor I don't see often mentioned - safety. Both in terms of how it drives and the ability to do emergency maneuvers, but also, what happens in a collision. I used to move pins in a Jeep Cherokee and while it was a great car and I loved it for many reasons, moving pins wasn't one of them - in the event of a collision, I couldn't escape the thought of a 300lb weight crushing me from behind. I move pins in a pickup truck now and really like having a steel bulkhead between me (in the cabin) and the game (in the truck bed).

As some of you have noted in response, this does not really come down to what is cost effective. (And just wait for that $7. gas, which may be in our future.) It might not even make strict financial sense if one happened into some wonderful financial windfall, vs. the cost of each-occasion rentals of whatever might be needed. My list was more of a theoretical, idealized, best-case-scenario wish list, if one could design things from scratch and not be too concerned about the cost. If you happened to be a route operator, you'd have more of a need for this, and could write it off as a business expense. (I continue to wonder if route operators are nearly extinct now, as pin ownership has gone in a decidedly home use direction for quite some time, and the economics of any route biz seems to have gotten very shaky in many parts of the country, to say the least.)

There is a local route operator, who the last time I asked about this (not recently) was I think using some vehicle like a Honda Odyssey to transport one pin at a time. That to me seemed inefficient and inadequate -- more work and trouble than is desirable. More recently, I had help in moving a pin. This involved a borrowed Ford F-series truck, lots of special handling, plus removing and then later reattaching the pin's legs. Notably more work involved than I've seen this take under the fancier scenarios.

A friend of mine not long ago purchased a warehouse, in which to store and grow his collection. So, in that situation we are not talking about minor costs. He will be moving pins in and out. If one is ever in a position to go that far, I think something like my idealized list moves out of the 'pipe dream' category and becomes more open to serious consideration.

#1846 2 years ago
    Quoted from RobF:

My suggestion would be a small enclosed trailer with a drop down rear ramp/door.

That’s a great solution if one has a hitch.

Robert

PS: Not sure where you live exactly, but probably not too far from my brother.

#1847 2 years ago

I might have to replace my pin hauler soon, so looking at options. Can anyone give a definitive answer on the Mazda CX-5? It seems every other post conflicts...most say no problem, but then I just saw one saying a modern Stern was a no-go?

Others on the short list are the Escape and the Forester. 90% chance I end up with one of those.

I've also toyed with the idea of a small truck, but do not like the open air idea. It might be a stupid question, but is it possible to roll a tonneau cover over something like a pin? I'm assuming most truck beds are too shallow to fit it completely under. I'm not sure if a tonneau has enough give for a big lump in the middle, LOL!

#1848 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

I might have to replace my pin hauler soon, so looking at options. Can anyone give a definitive answer on the Mazda CX-5? It seems every other post conflicts...most say no problem, but then I just saw one saying a modern Stern was a no-go?
    Others on the short list are the Escape and the Forester. 90% chance I end up with one of those.
    I've also toyed with the idea of a small truck, but do not like the open air idea. It might be a stupid question, but is it possible to roll a tonneau cover over something like a pin? I'm assuming most truck beds are too shallow to fit it completely under. I'm not sure if a tonneau has enough give for a big lump in the middle, LOL!

Just do yourself a favor and buy an element.

The CX-5 depends on the year I believe but I can't say for sure. Rented a CX-9 recently and it didn't fit a fold down pin.

#1849 2 years ago
    Quoted from Triglyph:

2022 Hyundai Tucson
    Got one of these as my new pin hauler, have moved several games with no height clearance problems with folded games.
    Stern Ripley's, Williams Swords of Fury, Bally Dr Who, Gottlieb Jungle Queen (with head off)
    The back seats fold down very close to completely flat and there's no large lip on the trunk entrance to overcome
    I see someone that had trouble fitting games with the 2019 model but with the body redesign they seem to have increased the size too

Not all 2022 Tucsons are the same

When I ordered my 2022 Tuscon Hybrid they obviously had none in the showroom (they still don't) so I took measurements on a gas only model. Lots of clearance to put a game in. I was happy and went ahead and ordered one. Got it in December. Last weekend was my first haul attempt and low and behold, a game doesn't fit. While the back seats do fold flat, the problem is the vertical clearance on the hatchback. Not sure if it's because of the hybrid thing, the panoramic sunroof, or because I have the auto-closing back hatch but I am missing about 1" to get a folded B/W game in and about 2" to get a folded Stern in. There's a big lip that sticks down from the top of the opening.

Yes if I take the heads off it'll fit fine. Certainly not ideal.

#1850 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

I posted it here some months ago but the hatch on the 2020+ Escape is too low to fit games without removing the head and sliding it down: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in/page/31#post-5961322

There are 2,564 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in/page/37?hl=mad_dog_coin_op and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.