Topic Stats

• 2,555 posts
  • 806 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Boat
  • Topic is favorited by 188 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7132 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3737 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3734 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3735 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3733 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3736 (resized).jpeg
    20240318_101947 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.55?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.35?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.27?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.46?PM (resized).png
    IMG_0296 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4899 (resized).jpeg
    Peel P50 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,555 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 52.
    #1751 2 years ago

Any EVs known to be able to handle a pin (outside of the tight Tesla X fit)?

#1752 2 years ago

2020 Tiguan needed to take the head off to fit a new stern (easy to do, 3 nuts to remove power supply cover, 4 nuts to detach hinges).

The trick we figured out was the body of the cabinet slides on the 2 seat side of the cargo area. Leave the single seat side up, and place the head on the seat. Everything closes up nicely and no scratching the pin or the car.
    45EE45DB-D250-4F26-B349-1D41F922E20B (resized).jpeg45EE45DB-D250-4F26-B349-1D41F922E20B (resized).jpeg

#1753 2 years ago

Spike 2 can barely fit in a 2014 Subaru Forrester

#1754 2 years ago

Deadpool pro fits in a 2018 Subaru Forester, but it's tight.

IMG_20211103_112050420_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20211103_112050420_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20211103_112057480_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20211103_112057480_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20211103_112112113_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20211103_112112113_HDR (resized).jpg
    #1755 2 years ago

I saw mention that 2016-2022 Honda Pilots can fit a Stern pin. I'm not sure how much extra clearance you need for a Stern in the box, anyone try on this generation of Honda Pilots? I know a 2012 could fit a stern in the box but required cutting the top corner off the box since the sun roof dropped the ceiling a couple inches near the front.

#1756 2 years ago
    Quoted from JONESDS:

I saw mention that 2016-2022 Honda Pilots can fit a Stern pin. I'm not sure how much extra clearance you need for a Stern in the box, anyone try on this generation of Honda Pilots? I know a 2012 could fit a stern in the box but required cutting the top corner off the box since the sun roof dropped the ceiling a couple inches near the front.

No way you could fit a game in that is boxed in a pilot of this generation. An unboxed stern barely fits with less than 1/2” of clearance.

#1757 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

No way you could fit a game in that is boxed in a pilot of this generation. An unboxed stern barely fits with less than 1/2” of clearance.

I should just be grateful that it holds an unboxed pin without modification.

#1758 2 years ago

Will a Williams dmd fit in a new blazer?

#1759 2 years ago

What's the size of a CGC compared to a modern Stern? Picking up a CGC and wondering if it'll fit. Sterns just barely fit in my car. I'm mostly concerned about height

#1760 2 years ago
    Quoted from JakePG:

What's the size of a CGC compared to a modern Stern? Picking up a CGC and wondering if it'll fit. Sterns just barely fit in my car. I'm mostly concerned about height

Should be smaller than a stern, like most bw games.

#1761 2 years ago

Tesla model X - fits kinda. Not ideal but you can make it work. Had to strap it down of course, and strap down trunk lid.

7983ED72-2512-406A-AC28-C4F7FD9BFFFD (resized).jpeg7983ED72-2512-406A-AC28-C4F7FD9BFFFD (resized).jpeg7C5A17EF-C74D-46E8-B71B-700D487D4753 (resized).jpeg7C5A17EF-C74D-46E8-B71B-700D487D4753 (resized).jpeg
    #1762 2 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

Tesla model X - fits kinda. Not ideal but you can make it work. Had to strap it down of course, and strap down trunk lid. [quoted image][quoted image]

This is the most first world problem photo I have ever seen. Congrats on the new pin (and cool car).

#1763 2 years ago
    Quoted from waspinat0r:

This just in: CHR will not reliably fit a pin. Maybe if you turn it sideways and take the head off, but even then you'll probably be using lots of bungee cords and scratching interior plastics.

Just following up on this and wondering if anyone has fit a Stern into the newer model C-HR. The clearance is about 28” but it opens up to 30” inside. Maybe if I remove the all-weather mats I can get an extra half inch.

#1764 2 years ago

can't be done , you need 31 inches for clearance , if you plan on leaving the head on

#1765 2 years ago

Just take the head off. It’s easy.

#1766 2 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Anyone get a mustang mach e? I'd love to know if that fits a game.

Anyone know if the mach e fits a pin? Looking to replace a vehicle within the next couple years.

#1767 2 years ago

Just continuing to catalogue the list of pins I’ve successfully fit into the Mazda CX-5 (2017+ model year)

TZ
    —Capcom Pinball Magic (must be transported on side)
    TAF
    —Taxi
    —Multiple wedgeheads and 4-players from all the major manufacturers. I’ve even been able to transport a wedgehead on its side with the legs still attached.

They all slide in with no issues. The bigger games touch the headliner a bit going in, but once it’s settled behind the tailgate lip, there’s a few inches left of clearance. It’s a great pin-hauler.

#1768 2 years ago

Just confirmed that a 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid will not fit a Modern Stern.

#1769 2 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Just confirmed that a 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid will not fit a Modern Stern.

How would a Camry ever fit a pinball machine????

#1770 2 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

How would a Camry ever fit a pinball machine????

Strap it to the roof. It'll be fine

I-just-want-someone-to-hold-me-as-tight-as-this-tape-is-holding-it (resized).jpgI-just-want-someone-to-hold-me-as-tight-as-this-tape-is-holding-it (resized).jpg
    #1771 2 years ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

Strap it to the roof. It'll be fine
    [quoted image]

No tape coming from underneath wrapping over the top is an incredible oversight.

#1772 2 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

No tape coming from underneath wrapping over the top is an incredible oversight.

I think it is precariously balanced on a trailer hitch

2 weeks later
    #1773 2 years ago

Slugfest is an oddball cabinet. I didn't see anything listed for it. The head doesn't fold down, but part of the top does comes off. I was able to fit one (and two passengers!) in my 2005 Legacy GT wagon by loading on its side and the head off. The hatch opening is only 28" high, so can't fit any pinball games with the head on. It was super tight, but it did squeeze in with one of the back seats in the up position.

PXL_20211126_062228519 (resized).jpgPXL_20211126_062228519 (resized).jpgPXL_20211126_062303335 (resized).jpgPXL_20211126_062303335 (resized).jpg
    #1774 2 years ago

Pulled the rear seats from my A3, framed a flat floor, and it was road trip time to pick up my Stranger Things Premium.

A3-floor1 (resized).jpgA3-floor1 (resized).jpg
    A3-floor3 (resized).jpgA3-floor3 (resized).jpg
    A3-pinball (resized).jpgA3-pinball (resized).jpg

#1775 2 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Pulled the rear seats from my A3, framed a flat floor, and it was road trip time to pick up my Stranger Things Premium.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

That's impressive!

2 weeks later
    #1776 2 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

[quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

That’s awesome!
    Congratulations on the new pin!

#1777 2 years ago

Anyone have any luck with Williams System 11 games in a 2015 Subaru Forester? Someone locally may have a Whirlwind available for sale soon. Push comes to shove, I can rent a U-Haul.

#1778 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Just continuing to catalogue the list of pins I’ve successfully fit into the Mazda CX-5 (2017+ model year)
    TZ
    —Capcom Pinball Magic (must be transported on side)
    TAF
    —Taxi
    —Multiple wedgeheads and 4-players from all the major manufacturers. I’ve even been able to transport a wedgehead on its side with the legs still attached.
    They all slide in with no issues. The bigger games touch the headliner a bit going in, but once it’s settled behind the tailgate lip, there’s a few inches left of clearance. It’s a great pin-hauler.

I can add Meteor (with a confident shove) to the successful column. I'm here looking because I have had luck with 2019 CX-5 until I tried my first spike2 game. 1/2 too short on the height. Time to find a new car.

#1779 2 years ago

2017 Sienna can fit a pin without removing any seats.

20211215_174810 (resized).jpg20211215_174810 (resized).jpg
    #1780 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ryguy80:

Anyone have any luck with Williams System 11 games in a 2015 Subaru Forester? Someone locally may have a Whirlwind available for sale soon. Push comes to shove, I can rent a U-Haul.

I hauled a High Speed in our 2018. It was tight, but it worked. I recommend a really thin piece of cardboard for the top of the game. I got a couple light scuffs on the headliner that my wife still reminds me about IIRC, it was coin box facing forward.

#1781 2 years ago
    Quoted from JakePG:

Deadpool pro fits in a 2018 Subaru Forester, but it's tight. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is about what it looked like to fit GOTG in my 2018 Acadia. I put a thin piece of hardboard so when I slide the pin, it doesn't rip up the carpet. This made it a very tight fit - like it wedged into the head liner at the opening. No damage to the headliner. It had just enough give.

#1782 2 years ago
    Quoted from crankypants:

I can add Meteor (with a confident shove) to the successful column. I'm here looking because I have had luck with 2019 CX-5 until I tried my first spike2 game. 1/2 too short on the height. Time to find a new car.

Just remove the head on any spike 2 games. It’s only 2 minutes worth of work and makes it easier to move and fit. 3 nuts to remove the power supply cover, and 4 more to remove it from the hinges and you are done. It’s child’s play compared to when I had to remove the head from my old Capcom. That was a PITA.

#1783 2 years ago

2006 Scion Xb, 1st gen Xb is such a great Pin Hauler! Loads of space!

20211219_161900 (resized).jpg20211219_161900 (resized).jpg20211219_161921 (resized).jpg20211219_161921 (resized).jpg20211219_162102 (resized).jpg20211219_162102 (resized).jpg
    3 weeks later
    #1784 2 years ago

Has anyone ever fit 2 pins, specifically modern Sterns, end to end in a Uhaul Cargo van?

Interior dimensions claim 9’6” length inside the van, which is plenty of space on paper, but I’d be much more comfortable knowing someone’s done it. I also don’t know if the 9’6” refers specifically to the cargo area

#1785 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

Has anyone ever fit 2 pins, specifically modern Sterns, end to end in a Uhaul Cargo van?
    Interior dimensions claim 9’6” length inside the van, which is plenty of space on paper, but I’d be much more comfortable knowing someone’s done it. I also don’t know if the 9’6” refers specifically to the cargo area

If it's a standard Ford cargo van it should be no problem.

Chris

1 week later
    #1786 2 years ago

does a new stern fit in a 2020-2022 explorer?

#1787 2 years ago
    Quoted from UltraPeepi:

This is about what it looked like to fit GOTG in my 2018 Acadia. I put a thin piece of hardboard so when I slide the pin, it doesn't rip up the carpet. This made it a very tight fit - like it wedged into the head liner at the opening. No damage to the headliner. It had just enough give.

I have a 2017 GMC Acadia, a few weeks ago I hauled back my Godzilla pro. Both the 3rd row and the pilot seats had to be folded down but there was wiggle room. Plenty of depth and width space. The height was close (less than 2 inches) getting in through the trunk/hatch, but once settled in the cab I had at least 3-6 inches between the head and the roof.

#1788 2 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

does a new stern fit in a 2020-2022 explorer?

You might have to take the head off, but it'll definitely fit.

#1789 2 years ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

You might have to take the head off, but it'll definitely fit.

ugghhhhhhh, hope not. A sys 11 swords of fury fit.... I just haven't moved a new stern in so long and not with this vehicle.... I will post up when I try today!

#1790 2 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

ugghhhhhhh, hope not. A sys 11 swords of fury fit.... I just haven't moved a new stern in so long and not with this vehicle.... I will post up when I try today!

Mines an ‘18 so unless they changed the height of the hatch new sterns fit. However you will need to remove the power cord cover and the little hook on the back of the head.

#1791 2 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Pulled the rear seats from my A3, framed a flat floor, and it was road trip time to pick up my Stranger Things Premium

Wouldn't go with the seats folded down?

I'm curious if my Acura TSX wagon could handle a newer Stern with the head removed. Probably not curious enough that I wouldn't just swap with pops for his Ridgeline but passively curious nonetheless.

#1792 2 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

Mines an ‘18 so unless they changed the height of the hatch new sterns fit. However you will need to remove the power cord cover and the little hook on the back of the head.

Body style did change, who knows what ford did but they keep sloping the rear end :/

#1793 2 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

On the new Sterns, removing the head is incredibly easy. 3 nuts to remove power supply cover, 4 nuts to detach hinges, undo a couple of connectors and you are done. Under a 5 minute job. Almost as easy as removing the head from an old EM.

#1794 2 years ago
    Quoted from blizz81:

Wouldn't go with the seats folded down?

No, the folded seats use up a couple of inches of vertical height, and that's past the limit. I took lots of measurements and brainstormed the best way to make it work, I think that was it.

Quoted from blizz81:

I'm curious if my Acura TSX wagon could handle a newer Stern with the head removed. Probably not curious enough that I wouldn't just swap with pops for his Ridgeline but passively curious nonetheless.

Pics of the TSX wagon look like it might be longer: maybe you could put the separated head in front of the cabinet, and not worry about the height.

#1795 2 years ago

2020 Explorer - fits new sterns (spike 1/2) but it was tight. Went coin door first, then at the tail end of the game, turned it diagonal then was able to shimmy it in.
    Also the 2020 explorer fit the sam/whitestar easier than the spike.

#1796 2 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

No, the folded seats use up a couple of inches of vertical height, and that's past the limit. I took lots of measurements and brainstormed the best way to make it work, I think that was it.

And here I've traded/sold with a guy locally a couple times that has gotten machines into his 1st gen Ford Focus wagon without much trouble. Ah, the prices we pay for sleeker-looking wagons (among other things vs. Focus - not that there's anything wrong with those beasts)

#1797 2 years ago

I’m swapping pins tomorrow and it looks like it is going to rain. Decided to rent a Pacifica. Fits a new Stern without even folding the center seats.

560BF64B-3E4B-410A-AAE0-5FCA54DEE05F (resized).jpeg560BF64B-3E4B-410A-AAE0-5FCA54DEE05F (resized).jpeg
    #1798 2 years ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

I’m swapping pins tomorrow and it looks like it is going to rain. Decided to rent a Pacifica. Fits a new Stern without even folding the center seats.
    [quoted image]

I had a Pacifica for a rental when my Durango was in for service. While it wasn't my Durango, I could really see how minivans serve a purpose. It was genuinely cavernous inside. While I had it I used it to move a Sopranos pinball for work and the ease of loading and space made me almost consider getting one. Almost. LOL

Chris

1 week later
    #1799 2 years ago

2015 escape can that fit pretty much any new pin? Looks to about 33 clearance or so

#1800 2 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Finally got around to testing my 2021 HR-V with a newer Stern. Plenty of room, great little car!

GorillaBiscuits are you able to fit in a hand truck/dolly? What about hand truck/dolly and a helper?

I suspect if one is buying/selling/trading with other pinheads, they mostly have a hand truck/dolly on site and can offer some assistance, making a smaller SUV/crossover useful. And if one is hunting for basement/garage finds from non-pinheads, then a larger SUV/van is warranted for their versatility.

There are 2,555 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in/page/36 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.