Topic Stats

• 2,573 posts
  • 810 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 hours ago by red-line
  • Topic is favorited by 189 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240423_144609 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0387 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9289 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_3842 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3843 (resized).jpeg
    Hobbit_Collective_Move (resized).jpg
    IMG_7132 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3737 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3734 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3735 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3733 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3736 (resized).jpeg
    20240318_101947 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,573 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 52.
    #1651 2 years ago
    Quoted from insight75:

I use a Honda Element. Such a great pin hauler. I bought it just for this purpose as a spare vehicle. Any advice on what to use to slide it in and out? Prefer something that will protect the bottom of machine? I try cardboard but it just gets stuck all the time. Has to be a better way.....

Pool noodles are a great way a friend taught me. Protects the bottom and allows you to roll it. PVC would work too but prefer the noodle.

#1652 2 years ago

Has anybody tried a pin in the just released 2022 Acura MDX? It's a new larger bodystyle than the last gen.

#1653 2 years ago

Touché !!!

#1654 2 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

A sheet of masonite cut to size and a Harbor Freight moving blanket. The masonite is slick on one side, and with the blanket underneath the pin will slide right in on the masonite.
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Hardboard-Tempered-Panel-Common-3-16-in-x-4-ft-x-8-ft-Actual-0-175-in-x-48-in-x-96-in-832780/202404545

+1 on this suggestion, I've tried pool noodles and PVC but I found the pool noodles will fall apart after not very long and both solutions add height to the machine which is a problem if you're dealing with a tight fit to begin with. The biggest negative to the masonite is that the game can really slide around easily so on long trips I make sure I bring additional moving blankets to stuff in the sides and back to keep it stationary.

#1655 2 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

+1 on this suggestion, I've tried pool noodles and PVC but I found the pool noodles will fall apart after not very long and both solutions add height to the machine which is a problem if you're dealing with a tight fit to begin with. The biggest negative to the masonite is that the game can really slide around easily so on long trips I make sure I bring additional moving blankets to stuff in the sides and back to keep it stationary.

If the cargo area has tie downs it's a good idea to use straps to hold the pin from sliding around.

#1656 2 years ago

Finally got around to testing my 2021 HR-V with a newer Stern. Plenty of room, great little car!

0521E670-F73D-46D3-9B7B-01EAF651F1F6 (resized).jpeg0521E670-F73D-46D3-9B7B-01EAF651F1F6 (resized).jpeg4420742E-FF17-4319-98C9-C3522BF95A01 (resized).jpeg4420742E-FF17-4319-98C9-C3522BF95A01 (resized).jpeg
    #1657 2 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Finally got around to testing my 2021 HR-V with a newer Stern. Plenty of room, great little car!
    [quoted image][quoted image]

WHOA!! I had one as a loaner and wasn't sure if one would fit. That is great news! some of the bigger suv's cant :-p

#1658 2 years ago

How about a 2018 BMW X5 plug in hybrid?

Sadly, we bought a SWEET Range Rover 2016 TDI last year and the crazy seats don't fold all the way flat like they do on my older 2011 LR4. So stupid. Even stupid when trying to load up luggage. Overall, excellent vehicle but not for pins (or towing for that matter...would cost me $2000 to add a tow package!)

#1659 2 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

How old was this van? I don't think they've made a Voyager in years. Was it a Pacifica? If those have the 4 cyl in them they're pretty doggy.
    CHris

I’m sorry I missed this until now. It was a 2021 with 7k miles. I may have misstated the van name.

#1660 2 years ago
    Quoted from prl867:

I’m sorry I missed this until now. It was a 2021 with 7k miles. I may have misstated the van name.

It could have been a Voyager. Chrysler brought back the name for the low-feature entry level Pacifica's starting in 2020.

#1661 2 years ago
    Quoted from MLmotorsport:

It could have been a Voyager. Chrysler brought back the name for the low-feature entry level Pacifica's starting in 2020.

Oh interesting, I didn't know that. I sit corrected, perhaps?

Chris

#1662 2 years ago

$50 rental. 6-8 pins.

0D2336EB-9778-4E9B-9C12-483C7B8A2C9B (resized).jpeg0D2336EB-9778-4E9B-9C12-483C7B8A2C9B (resized).jpegE6ADCCF1-C268-47E5-8396-908EB862A21B (resized).jpegE6ADCCF1-C268-47E5-8396-908EB862A21B (resized).jpeg
    #1663 2 years ago

Please add 2021 RAV-4 to the list. WPC no problem

#1664 2 years ago
    Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Standard or hybrid?

#1665 2 years ago

2022 Hyundai Palisade fits a pin no problem.

Added over 3 years ago:

Edit: 2021 Hyundai Palisade fits a pin no problem.

#1666 2 years ago

2021 Hyundai Tuscon fit an EM without trouble.

#1667 2 years ago
    Quoted from brobra:

$50 rental. 6-8 pins.

Where did you rent it from? I have a long move coming up in a few months for probably eight games but also a LOT of fine wine that's been cellar kept so I don't want to ship it uncooled. Something like this may make a good solution for both (in seperate trips).

#1669 2 years ago
    Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Modern Stern go in with out hitting the headliner ?

#1670 2 years ago

First haul with my 2021 RAV4 Hybrid. SIEGE AWAITS!

IMG_9664 (resized).jpgIMG_9664 (resized).jpg

#1671 2 years ago

How about 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend edition ?

#1672 2 years ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

[quoted image]

Nice!! How much room was left at the top sliding in? My RAV4 Prime should be here in the next 10 days or so, but it has an inch less space than yours....

#1673 2 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

Nice!! How much room was left at the top sliding in? My RAV4 Prime should be here in the next 10 days or so, but it has an inch less space than yours....

I'm in the market for a new SUV and I have my eyes on the Prime. Keep us updated on whether it will work for pin hauling!

#1674 2 years ago
    Quoted from Spraynard:

I'm in the market for a new SUV and I have my eyes on the Prime. Keep us updated on whether it will work for pin hauling!

Yep, I'll report back with some measurements once I get it....unfortunately I'm on a new pin embargo this year to be able to afford the Prime, and luckily we also have my wife's Honda Odyssey which swallows pins with ease. The Prime's pin hauling will be limited to an occasional pin show swap meet pin buy at best...

#1675 2 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

My door is 31 and 7/8" tall. The roof inside was plenty tall but if the doorway is shorter, it might be an issue. We loaded and unloaded so quickly, I didn't notice the door clearance this trip.

Note to self - used a waxed cardboard political sign to slide the pin in. Taking an off-ramp the pin slid to the side with the shiny cardboard under it. Need to watch that!

#1676 2 years ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

My door is 31 and 7/8" tall. The roof inside was plenty tall but if the doorway is shorter, it might be an issue. We loaded and unloaded so quickly, I didn't notice the door clearance this trip.
    Note to self - used a waxed cardboard political sign to slide the pin in. Taking an off-ramp the pin slid to the side with the shiny cardboard under it. Need to watch that!

Mods, this guy is taking politics!

#1678 2 years ago

Looks like Ford Maverick will fit a machine but Hyundai Santa Cruz will not (with plunger).

1 week later
    #1679 2 years ago

Just ordered my new work car and didn’t look at this thread first like an IDIOT. 2022 RAV4 Hybrid. Think I may have dodged a bullet based on what I’m reading. Phew! Would have been hard trying to come up with an excuse to back out of the car at this point haha

#1680 2 years ago

70's Van with shag carpet.

#1681 2 years ago
    Quoted from SNES:

2022 RAV4 Hybrid.

It's a good pick. I'm enjoying my 2021.

#1682 2 years ago

Looking to buy A Range Rover Evoque... Does anyone know if a pinball machine will fit?

Thanks.

#1683 2 years ago
    Quoted from dstickler:

Looking to buy A Range Rover Evoque... Does anyone know if a pinball machine will fit?
    Thanks.

I looked at a 2019 a while back and it would not fit a stern or bw, the opening is to short. So unless they changed the design, I’d say no. Nice car though.

#1684 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

I looked at a 2019 a while back and it would not fit a stern or bw, the opening is to short. So unless they changed the design, I’d say no. Nice car though.

I agree with this. Last I checked in 2020 the opening was too small.

Chris

#1685 2 years ago
    Quoted from dstickler:

Thanks.

Only if you completely remove the head, a folded one won't even fit in a Sport and the rear hatch opening is quite a bit taller on the Sport.

#1686 2 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

Only if you completely remove the head, a folded one won't even fit in a Sport and the rear hatch opening is quite a bit taller on the Sport.

Well dang. Thank you all for the help I guess its back to the drawing board on what car to get next haha. Thanks again!

#1687 2 years ago
    Quoted from ViperJelly:

Looks like Ford Maverick will fit a machine but Hyundai Santa Cruz will not (with plunger).

Is the Santa Cruz available yet?

#1688 2 years ago
    Quoted from MLmotorsport:

2020 Chevrolet Equinox
    (same as Terrain)
    No-go based on about 1" too little entry height.

Dumb question, but an older Williams System 7 should fit since you take the backbox off entirely correct?

Looking to do this this weekend

#1689 2 years ago
    Quoted from tbaum:

Dumb question, but an older Williams System 7 should fit since you take the backbox off entirely correct?

Yep, shouldn't have any problems with the head off.

#1690 2 years ago

MrSanRamon not sure how to edit that page but want to report that I have fit almost every make pinball machine (with the sole exception of Data East) into my 2005 Lexus RX330

#1691 2 years ago
    Quoted from tbaum:

Years ago, I used to occasionally move pins in my 1976 Toyota Corolla wagon. I was able to get many different pins in it no problem. The only game I had to take the head off of was a Hyperball.

#1692 2 years ago
    Quoted from seshpilot:

MrSanRamon not sure how to edit that page but want to report that I have fit almost every make pinball machine (with the sole exception of Data East) into my 2005 Lexus RX330

Not entirely clear on what page you are referring to?

Robert

#1693 2 years ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

[quoted image]

Appreciate the picture. Just helped me with a vehicle purchase decision.

#1694 2 years ago
    Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Not entirely clear on what page you are referring to?
    Robert

The actual Wiki page. Your initial post said to edit it.

#1695 2 years ago

2017 Toyota Sienna minivan update:

You can fit 3 pinball machines in this van if:
    1. You slide the first one in all the way to the rear sideways.
    2. You put the other 2 machines side by side with heads removed.

You can fit 1 machine in with head on while keeping the 2 middle seats in but pushed all the way forward.
    You can fit 2 machines in without removing the heads with one sideways and one long ways if you slide one all the way up to the front seats from the rear sideways.
    You can fit 2 machines in without removing the middle seats if you slide them all the way forward and remove both heads.

This weekend I was able to get an El Dorado (old 1975 Gottlieb) and 1984 Space Shuttle in Side by Side in the rear with heads removed with the middle seats all the way forward.

#1696 2 years ago
    Quoted from seshpilot:

The actual Wiki page. Your initial post said to edit it.

If you have a pinwiki account, you can edit info in it.

I entered you info ( check it).

Robert

#1697 2 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Is the Santa Cruz available yet?

Bed sizes are published.

#1698 2 years ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

[quoted image]

My first haul very similar - same game in fact . LOL

Brought back home from my sons house, my TWD - fit in my 2021 RAV 4 XLE.

1 week later
    #1699 2 years ago

Thinking about picking up an Odyssey for pin hauling (and I guess technically as a family car). How flat is the surface with 3rd row folded and 2nd row removed? Did you need to do anything special to slide the games in and out?

Quoted from fishmanrob:

Honda Odyssey fits 2 newer sterns perfectly. T shape . 1 horizontal after removing 2nd row seats and the 2nd pin straight in.

#1700 2 years ago
    Quoted from goingincirclez:

OK I've read the last 15+ pages of this thread and I don't think my particular question has been asked, so here goes:
    Are there any minivans that can fit one modern pin AND comfortably seat four people??!

A 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan SE does fit a wide body superpin, four people and luggage with ease. It fits two normal pins with one of the back seats folded down or two arcade cabinets with both back seats folded down. Combined with the low taxes and insurance cost is the only reason I still keep it besides that a Tesla X won't fit any pin.

There are 2,573 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in/page/34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.