Topic Stats

• 2,563 posts
  • 808 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 hours ago by mbl1116
  • Topic is favorited by 187 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9289 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_3842 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3843 (resized).jpeg
    Hobbit_Collective_Move (resized).jpg
    IMG_7132 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3737 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3734 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3735 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3733 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3736 (resized).jpeg
    20240318_101947 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.55?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.35?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,563 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 52.
    #1551 3 years ago

2021 Rav4 Hybrid looks fine. 31 and 7/8" at the back door with no lip at the bumper. Equivalent size to my old 2011 Equinox which was fine. (I might have considered a new Equinox, but they got shorter.)

So many new buttons to push in the new pin hauler!

IMG_8776 (resized).jpgIMG_8776 (resized).jpg

IMG_8780 (resized).jpgIMG_8780 (resized).jpg

#1552 3 years ago

Put a shadow in 2020 Mazda cx5 ,last few inches a little tight as you have to compress the seat bench and needs to go a little farther in due to the gun but fits fine.

Drove 80 mph on the thruway on the way home , no shifting of the pin ,turbo version has nice power ,handles great ,great mid suv

Coworker has 2016 cx5 ,measured the back height etc seems the same as the 2016.5 and on model

20201129_095237 (resized).jpg20201129_095237 (resized).jpg
    #1553 3 years ago

I know a regular pinball will fit in a 4 door Jeep Wrangler, but what about Pinball 2000 (Revenge From Mars). Will that fit in the back of a 4 door Jeep Wrangler?

2 weeks later
    #1554 3 years ago

Has anyone moved a pin in a Dodge Journey? It is a wide body GnR but I think it is the height that matters. Thanks.

#1555 3 years ago
    Quoted from adol75:

I ended up getting a Pacifica, the cargo space is impressive with the seats in the floor. I think it can fit at least 2 pins with heads on.
    Quite a nice car actually and not that big. I should buy one !

I can attest to being able to fit two pins quite easily. GnR and Hotwheels.

20201204_183952 (resized).jpg20201204_183952 (resized).jpg
    #1556 3 years ago

I moved a No Fear in my 2019 Chevy Equinox and made it in, but BARELY. I saw several Equinox posts, but none specific to the 2019. So FYI for anyone looking!

#1557 3 years ago
    Quoted from daley:

I can attest to being able to fit two pins quite easily. GnR and Hotwheels.[quoted image]

Nice fishing ! You must be thrilled to bring these 2 home !

#1558 3 years ago

I have a 2018 Cadillac Escalade and a Stern Pin only fit on its side. I was 3/4” off. I sold the pin to a guy in a hatchback and it fit no problem. I was floored.

E5CE5C5F-9EA2-4A49-ABF9-78CE0893994F (resized).jpegE5CE5C5F-9EA2-4A49-ABF9-78CE0893994F (resized).jpeg
    #1559 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

I have a 2018 Cadillac Escalade and a Stern Pin only fit on its side. I was 3/4” off. I sold the pin to a guy in a hatchback and it fit no problem. I was floored. [quoted image]

Seriously?! A freaking Escalade cant fit a pin in it normally? That's insane. Manufacturers sure have forgotten the "Utility" part of SUV.

Chris

#1560 3 years ago
    Quoted from ayersy:

Anyone tried to fit a pin in the back of a Mercedes gle?

That’s a good question.
    I’ve found this to be a good resource, but that vehicle isn’t listed there, which doesn’t mean much.

https://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Vehicles_for_Moving_Pinball_Machines

#1561 3 years ago

My favorite vehicles is a suburban/Denali, or Ford Expedition.
    I use this style of vehicle for my fly one-way, drive one-way pin trips.
    You can get one game in side ways, and two games side by side behind it for a total of 3 games, but two easily fit. Keeps the pins secured inside and makes it more difficult, than a trailer for someone to steal your games.

48CC80F8-9614-403A-87BF-D88DCEA079E0 (resized).jpeg48CC80F8-9614-403A-87BF-D88DCEA079E0 (resized).jpeg52AAEF61-4728-4046-8D9A-0B28FCB9B0D0 (resized).jpeg52AAEF61-4728-4046-8D9A-0B28FCB9B0D0 (resized).jpegD3831E31-41D9-44FC-B286-67824C29BF56 (resized).jpegD3831E31-41D9-44FC-B286-67824C29BF56 (resized).jpeg
    #1562 3 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Seriously?! A freaking Escalade cant fit a pin in it normally? That's insane. Manufacturers sure have forgotten the "Utility" part of SUV.
    Chris

I couldn’t believe it. There was length for days and ample height if I got it in but the opening was just not quite tall enough.

#1563 3 years ago

I just found out my 2020 GMC terrain will not fit a pin, the inside height is there.. but just won't clear the hatch opening like the escalade., I even tried removing trim and hatch spare cargo cover. Had to go in on its side.

#1564 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

I couldn’t believe it. There was length for days and ample height if I got it in but the opening was just not quite tall enough.

if you unscrew the backbox hinges at the backbox you can slide the the backbox forward a few inches and reduce the overall height by enough that it might fit if it is close .

#1565 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballjj:

if you unscrew the backbox hinges at the backbox you can slide the the backbox forward a few inches and reduce the overall height by enough that it might fit if it is close .

Been wanting to try this. Chickened out last time. How do you best unscrew those hinges? Before you would in theory put the head down or can you unscrew those with the backbox folded? It would be so much easier if I could fold the head down, unscrew the backbox hinges and then shrink wrap it with the head against the lockdown bar....

#1566 3 years ago

I did it with the backbox up as you need to get a socket on the nuts inside the backbox with the translite out , iirc 2 bolts on each side (im) , (I think some of the newer sterns have the power supply blocking the nuts on the right side (gotg when I looked) ) . I would then wrap the hinges with some foam or similar to protect the cab , then fold down and slide forward ,I would put apiece of cardboard on the top of the side rails and then shrink wrap or secure , the amount you can slide further forward is limited by how much slack is in the connections to the backbox.

not sure how many connectors are on a modern pin that would need to be detached to just remove the backbox completely but it would be nice to have a " quick disconnect" configuration.

#1567 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballjj:

not sure how many connectors are on a modern pin that would need to be detached to just remove the backbox completely but it would be nice to have a " quick disconnect" configuration.

I've heard its extremely easy to take the head off of a JJP pin, not sure about a new Stern or American Pinball.

#1568 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballjj:

I thought about it but it was snowing at the time and I just wanted to get it loaded.

#1569 3 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Chris

That is incredibly surprising and disappointing but it follows the general form over function trend in the segment.

2 weeks later
    #1570 3 years ago

I was able to slide a Revenge from Mars into the back of a 2013 Ford Transit Connect without taking the back box off. Legs detached of course. It’s a beautiful unrestored pin!
    39A22BF5-C54D-43FB-9390-B53B8CE3B287.jpeg39A22BF5-C54D-43FB-9390-B53B8CE3B287.jpeg48D4D0D1-D6CC-4B0A-AD13-019DA89207E8.jpeg48D4D0D1-D6CC-4B0A-AD13-019DA89207E8.jpeg52277711-C9D8-47C9-BB45-D5E8E2BE7BC7.jpeg52277711-C9D8-47C9-BB45-D5E8E2BE7BC7.jpeg84E406F3-B766-495F-88F7-7917BEDE3E4A.jpeg84E406F3-B766-495F-88F7-7917BEDE3E4A.jpegB48FD36A-C110-4B44-BE73-764D80355BEE.jpegB48FD36A-C110-4B44-BE73-764D80355BEE.jpegB87A08F5-43FF-4F02-83E1-5E17A63DF41F.jpegB87A08F5-43FF-4F02-83E1-5E17A63DF41F.jpeg

1 week later
    #1572 3 years ago
    Quoted from pmppk:

Learned the hard way about eight years ago that a pinball machine will not fit in a Prius.[quoted image]

Not always true, I once made the daring journey in our Prius on a cross state trip to look at a Pin Up. Managed to squeeze it in plus room for the backbox. Let's just say that that was the last time the Prius was used to pick a game up though.

IMG_0461 (resized).JPGIMG_0461 (resized).JPG
    #1573 3 years ago

Any 2011, or thereabouts, Volvo V70 (XC70) or V90 (XC90) owners here?

Will any of 'em fit a pin?

#1574 3 years ago

Regarding 2020 Subaru Crosstrek. I moved a Williams Rollergames today, it was a tight fit. Fold the right rear passenger seat down down and slide the cabinet in on that side. You do have to adjust the front seat toward the front a little bit. I have long legs and it was a slightly cramped ride. Then put the head in the left passenger seat. It’s a little tight going in, if necessary you can always put the head in through the hatchback before the cabinet goes in. Good luck!

4CE86849-6264-4DC9-BE4F-235382CE989F (resized).jpeg4CE86849-6264-4DC9-BE4F-235382CE989F (resized).jpeg
    #1575 3 years ago

Anyone get a mustang mach e? I'd love to know if that fits a game.

#1576 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

2016 Ford Edge even with the factory sunroof allowed me to pick up this Superpin today. Had 1/2" to spare at each corner and an 1" in the center.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

those handles on the leg holes...where would someone get those!?

#1577 3 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Anyone get a mustang mach e? I'd love to know if that fits a game.

I am guessing no but it could be close:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/trunk-boot-dimensions-for-dog-crate.748/

#1578 3 years ago

That bump at the entrance is not encouraging.

#1579 3 years ago

here someone measured. But ya, doesn't take in account the lip, but the roof is further back sooooo may help?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1580 3 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

here someone measured. But ya, doesn't take in account the lip, but the roof is further back sooooo may help?
    [quoted image]

This picture shows the middle seats when one is folded down and it is appears to be a lot higher than the bed.

48501A6F-2D68-4E82-BBD6-619F1DFEA713 (resized).jpeg48501A6F-2D68-4E82-BBD6-619F1DFEA713 (resized).jpeg
    #1581 3 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

those handles on the leg holes...where would someone get those!?

My friend made them.

#1582 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

My friend made them.

I was just about to send a DM asking the same question. Tell your friend to start selling them here - he'd probably make a bundle.

#1583 3 years ago

has anyone put a folded pinball machine , say newer Stern into a Tesla model Y ?

#1584 3 years ago

Test fit a Spike 2 game in my 2020 equinox last night. tried coin door forward and back. Its about 1" too tall.
    Will not fit without damage to headliner and possible game.
    I could have jammed it in there but would never get it out.

#1585 3 years ago

Okay, having owned a bunch of cars, vans, mini vans, and helped friends move pins in all types of cars, I feel as if I can officially say that the Honda Element is the best car to move a pin, hands down. It can fit the tallest of fold down pins still on the dolly. If I were in the market for a new or another car, I would be buying he most recent and lowest miles Element I could find.

Too bad they look like dogshit.

#1586 3 years ago
    Quoted from JonCBrand:

Test fit a Spike 2 game in my 2020 equinox last night. tried coin door forward and back. Its about 1" too tall.
    Will not fit without damage to headliner and possible game.
    I could have jammed it in there but would never get it out.

Body change was in 2016. I moved pins in my 05 Equinox, and when I was looking for a newer one I wanted to make sure that I could still move a machine in it. I ended up finding a 2015 last year that only had 40k miles on it and went with that over something newer.

#1587 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

BMW X1 work? What about an Audi Avant?

TheFamilyArcade ... Did you ever get an answer on this?

I have a BMW X2 (should be similar dimensions) and was wondering the same thing.

#1588 3 years ago

X1 will not work unless you take the head off

#1589 3 years ago

Thanks @pinballjj.

Looks like I'll be renting a vehicle then. My options are pickup (F150 or similar), Midsize SUV (RAV4 or similar), Standard SUV (Nissan Frontier or similar), Standard SUV (Ford Edge or similar), or Full Size SUV (Chevy Tahoe or similar).

Thoughts?

#1590 3 years ago

pickup will always work but weather with the open load can be a factor.

i think rav4 or honda crv fit, some of the full size suvs will not fit a pin ,double check on the exact models the rental place has .

if available a minivan with the seats that fold into the floor seems like a good option

#1591 3 years ago
    Quoted from luch:

has anyone put a folded pinball machine , say newer Stern into a Tesla model Y ?

any one know ?

#1592 3 years ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

2021 Rav4 Hybrid looks fine. 31 and 7/8" at the back door with no lip at the bumper. Equivalent size to my old 2011 Equinox which was fine. (I might have considered a new Equinox, but they got shorter.)
    So many new buttons to push in the new pin hauler!
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Have you had a pin in there yet? Just wondering if it will fit in because of the sloping rear door and the raised folded down seats?
    My Ford Connect van is Sadly coming to the end of its 12 year life unless I have some major welding done on the chassis, great pin vehicle. Moved so many in this van.
    Thinking about the new RAV4 as I have other Toyota’s here incl. Prius and a supercharged GRMN Yaris and never had any problems except no pins fit in
    Thanks.

#1593 3 years ago
    Quoted from luch:

any one know ?

I remember measuring the trunk back in September and I cannot seem to find my info, but it was not promising.

You'll most likely need to wait for the Cybertruck, unless you can afford an X.

#1594 3 years ago
    Quoted from jvivlemore:

Thanks pinballjj.
    Looks like I'll be renting a vehicle then. My options are pickup (F150 or similar), Midsize SUV (RAV4 or similar), Standard SUV (Nissan Frontier or similar), Standard SUV (Ford Edge or similar), or Full Size SUV (Chevy Tahoe or similar).
    Thoughts?

A new Ford Edge will not hold one without sliding the head down or removing it.

#1595 3 years ago
    Quoted from luch:

Quoted from frosken:

I remember measuring the trunk back in September and I cannot seem to find my info, but it was not promising.
    You'll most likely need to wait for the Cybertruck, unless you can afford an X.

Here's the verdict:

Quoted from stangbat:

Thanks to RobF for finding this, doesn't look promising due to the floor to opening height being < 28".
    https://www.tesmanian.com/blogs/tesmanian-blog/tesla-model-y-interior-trunk-trunk-well-frunk-and-other-measurements

1 week later
    #1596 3 years ago

Picked up my first pin yesterday. 2019 Nissan Rogue will fit a machine with few inches to spare.

Pinball.jpgPinball.jpg
    #1597 3 years ago
    Quoted from luch:

measured one yesterday it is 27 inches tall from floor to opening , so no it will not fit , you need 31 inches to clear with head folded

3 weeks later
    #1598 3 years ago

Hi everyone!

Can I move a pinball machine using a Cherokee Latitude vehicle?

Moving a Stern Lord of the Rings.

Looking for a friend! Thanks

#1599 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bernardspop:

Hi everyone!
    Can I move a pinball machine using a Cherokee Latitude vehicle?
    Looking for a friend! Thanks

Depends on what game. But most likely no. A classic Bally will barely fit, taking the head off.

#1600 3 years ago
    Quoted from djblouw:

Depends on what game. But most likely no. A classic Bally will barely fit, taking the head off.

A lord of the rings Stern

There are 2,563 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in/page/32?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.