Topic Stats

• 2,555 posts
  • 806 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Boat
  • Topic is favorited by 188 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7132 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3737 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3734 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3735 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3733 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3736 (resized).jpeg
    20240318_101947 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.55?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.35?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.27?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.46?PM (resized).png
    IMG_0296 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4899 (resized).jpeg
    Peel P50 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,555 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 52.
    #1501 3 years ago

To those new to this thread, to find out about a specific vehicle, go to near the top of this web page (on the right hand side).

Locate the search engine called "Find in Topic". It's about 4-inches from the top of this page.

In the box "Posts Containing Key Word(s)", enter the vehicle you are interested in...and hit enter

You will be rewarded... I hope.

Robert

#1502 3 years ago

My wife's 2019 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid will haul a pin nicely and still get 35 MPG!

Anyone used a Tesla Model X?

#1503 3 years ago

confirmed on Facebook that model X does indeed fit a pin.

screenshot.3444 (resized).jpgscreenshot.3444 (resized).jpg
    #1504 3 years ago

Was watching a documentary on copper mining, and got me to thinking that this truck might be able to hold a few pins with a payload capacity of 440 tons (880,000 pounds).

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    2 weeks later
    #1505 3 years ago

Looking for a daily driver that will fit most pins. Looking at a used Acura MDX, BMW X5 or Jeep GC, 2018+. Any recent owners haul WPC/JJP widebodys in one of these? I see a post that said a 2018 X5 hauled a modern Stern no problem. Any Acura or Jeep Grand Cherokee owners that can weigh in? Not looking to have to take the head off and not concerned about 'in the box' hauling. Figure I'm out of luck there no matter what in the mid size segment.

#1506 3 years ago

Tony Middendorf? The Pin Family? Is everyone gone? Where are you?

#1507 3 years ago
    Quoted from jarozi:

Looking for a daily driver that will fit most pins. Looking at a used Acura MDX, BMW X5 or Jeep GC, 2018+. Any recent owners haul WPC/JJP widebodys in one of these? I see a post that said a 2018 X5 hauled a modern Stern no problem. Any Acura or Jeep Grand Cherokee owners that can weigh in? Not looking to have to take the head off and not concerned about 'in the box' hauling. Figure I'm out of luck there no matter what in the mid size segment.

Big thing to look out for is rounded upper corners of the cargo area with the tailgate open. Both the MDX and CX-9 are very rounded there and it limits you on which pins will fit. Best bet all around midsize SUV daily drivers that haul pins with no issues are Honda Passport & Pilot as well as the Toyota Highlander.

#1508 3 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

Big thing to look out for is rounded upper corners of the cargo area with the tailgate open. Both the MDX and CX-9 are very rounded there and it limits you on which pins will fit. Best bet all around midsize SUV daily drivers that haul pins with no issues are Honda Passport & Pilot as well as the Toyota Highlander.

Yeah I just got the latest generation Mazda CX-9. As far as I can tell it will not hold a pin unless you take off the head. Bummer. Great car otherwise.

#1509 3 years ago
    Quoted from mikeflan:

Yeah I just got the latest generation Mazda CX-9. As far as I can tell it will not hold a pin unless you take off the head. Bummer. Great car otherwise.

strange, my wife has a 2016 CX-5 and can hold a pin no problem. Did they really shrink the vertical opening that much?

#1510 3 years ago
    Quoted from jarozi:

I was entertaining the MDX a few years back but ruled it out because the roofline slopes back and down and would not fit a standard pin from a height standpoint. Ended up going with a loaded VW Atlas. Pin hauling really rules out a lot of vehicles - even good sized SUVs.

#1511 3 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

strange, my wife has a 2016 CX-5 and can hold a pin no problem. Did they really shrink the vertical opening that much?

Yep, by rounding the upper rear corners both the latest CX-5 and CX-9 have trouble fitting a pin now.....

#1512 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Tony Middendorf? The Pin Family? Is everyone gone? Where are you?

the_pin_family has been missing since about 2013.

#1513 3 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

Yep, by rounding the upper rear corners both the latest CX-5 and CX-9 have trouble fitting a pin now.....

Can't speak for cx9 but 2020 cx5 will fit modern sterns to wpc dimension games

#1514 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballjj:

that's bizarre.. the bigger vehicle has the smaller opening. good to know CX5 is still ok. Measured my father-in-law's CX-9 opening yesterday, looks like at the corners of the backbox you'd have Mayyybe 27.5" height

#1515 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballjj:

Can confirm. Fit a System 11 in my CX-5 with a couple inches to spare. Capcom games fit, but have to be loaded on their side—and capcom games have dimensions more similar to a Gottlieb System 3 cabinet.

When I was car shopping, I did excruciating measurements. The CX-9 makes too many compromises to fit that useless 3rd row in, and I think that’s what reduces the space.

#1516 3 years ago

Does anyone know if the currently body style of the Volvo XC90 (2016-2020) will fit a pin?

#1517 3 years ago

Am I the only one who has a rule that a Pinball machine must fit if you're buying a different car... Our current "Fleet", all 4 can and have carried a Pin, the van often 2 at a time. Honda Fit, Honda Element, Scion XB and Ford Windstar

20201103_101605 (resized).jpg20201103_101605 (resized).jpg
    #1518 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinsOnly:

Am I the only one who has a rule that a Pinball machine must fit if you're buying a different car... Our current "Fleet", all 4 can and have carried a Pin, the van often 2 at a time. Honda Fit, Honda Element, Scion XB and Ford Windstar
    [quoted image]

That's one of the reasons why I bought the Honda HR-V! I haven't had to haul a pin yet, but it's good to know I'll be able to. It's amazing to me how for being in the sub-compact SUV category, it can handle a lot of storage that most mid-size SUVs can't. I was able to ram in a 4x8' sheet of plywood (diagonally)!

#1519 3 years ago

I need your help, I can't really find any information out, I'm renting a car tomorrow to go and get a Dialed In. The rental company has :
    - A chrysler Pacifica
    - A GMC Yukon XL
    - A Chevy Tahoe.

Any idea which one I should get a sure shot ?

Thanks !

#1520 3 years ago

Best bet:

- A chrysler Pacifica

Low load height. Seats fold into the floor. Good gas mileage.

#1521 3 years ago
    Quoted from adol75:

I need your help, I can't really find any information out, I'm renting a car tomorrow to go and get a Dialed In. The rental company has :
    - A chrysler Pacifica
    - A GMC Yukon XL
    - A Chevy Tahoe.
    Any idea which one I should get a sure shot ?
    Thanks !

All those are large vehicles and will fit a pin with ease. My Chevy Equinox is smaller than all of them and I have moved pins in it several times. The only thing of concern with the Pacifica would be if the seats fold into the floor or if they need to be removed to utilize all of the cargo area. I've never been in one so I can't speak to that.

Edit: I guess this answers my last point about the Pacifica

Quoted from djblouw:

Best bet:
    - A chrysler Pacifica

#1522 3 years ago

Toyota 4 runner fits perfect.... its tight but once in there it wont move an inch.

#1524 3 years ago

Anybody here actively drive a MK4 Jetta Wagon? Looking for some measurements...

#1525 3 years ago

Will a pin fit in a 2021 Toyota RAV 4? The answer has to pertain to a 2021. This is my company car SUV option. Previous years or models don't help me

#1526 3 years ago
    Quoted from terrapinmark:

Will a pin fit in a 2021 Toyota RAV 4? The answer has to pertain to a 2021. This is my company car SUV option. Previous years or models don't help me

I am fairly sure the 2021 Rav4 is the same generation and vehicle as the 2019 and 2020.
    They have been having problems with the batteries going dead but it appears it was a software problem draining the batteries that has been updated, but the jury may still be out.

#1527 3 years ago
    Quoted from djblouw:

Best bet:
    - A chrysler Pacifica

I ended up getting a Pacifica, the cargo space is impressive with the seats in the floor. I think it can fit at least 2 pins with heads on.

Quite a nice car actually and not that big. I should buy one !

#1528 3 years ago
    Quoted from adol75:

I ended up getting a Pacifica, the cargo space is impressive with the seats in the floor. I think it can fit at least 2 pins with heads on.

Yep, this is the vehicle I get as a rental when moving pins. Can fit 2 pins in it, smooth ride, easy to load.

I just can’t convince my better half to agree to driving one. So I just rent.

#1529 3 years ago
    Quoted from adol75:

You can fit 2 pins in a minivan. Not side by side in an odyssey (different van I know). If you run into issues load like this.

You can fit 2 pins in the back of a Honda Odyssey with the middle and rear seats removed, but they won't fit side by side without removing the head and turning it on it's side.

I recommend using some cut pvc pipe as rollers to get the pin in and out.

1b3ca7f06e5fa15bacc0caf5874e30323592daa5 (resized).jpg1b3ca7f06e5fa15bacc0caf5874e30323592daa5 (resized).jpgdb1637ba237e2a880f0e6722c6b7bc52b6fad18e.png (resized).pngdb1637ba237e2a880f0e6722c6b7bc52b6fad18e.png (resized).png
    #1530 3 years ago

Will an EM fit in a 2007 Jeep Liberty? Some sweet old lady is selling her car with only 32K miles on it and it’s too cheap to pass up.

#1531 3 years ago

Watch those “sweet old ladies”! Some of them drag race their cars.

#1532 3 years ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

Will an EM fit in a 2007 Jeep Liberty? Some sweet old lady is selling her car with only 32K miles on it and it’s too cheap to pass up.

there is a search at the top of the page, searching for liberty finds https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in/page/4#post-1988445

#1533 3 years ago

CX-5 does not hold a jersey jack pin with the back closed. You can do it but the trunk will be opened

#1534 3 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

CX-5 does not hold a jersey jack pin with the back closed. You can do it but the trunk will be opened

Length or height issue?

#1535 3 years ago

Thanks. I’ll probably just buy it and seldomly drive it just like her and then give it to my daughter in two years when she gets her license.

#1536 3 years ago

Thinking about getting a new truck to replace both my existing Ram 1500 and the wife's Dodge Durango. The truck can carry two pins, but we often pick up in the Durango for a one pin move because it has a cover and we don't have to worry about rain, etc. Like the flexibility of both. Anybody have a bed shell on their truck? If so does a folded pin fit - we are thinking cab high, not mid or high rise. If you have one, do you leave it on all the time or take it off? Do you think they are ugly? We would get something like below that matches the paint.

example (resized).jpgexample (resized).jpg
    #1537 3 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Thinking about getting a new truck to replace both my existing Ram 1500 and the wife's Dodge Durango. The truck can carry two pins, but we often pick up in the Durango for a one pin move because it has a cover and we don't have to worry about rain, etc. Like the flexibility of both. Anybody have a bed shell on their truck? If so does a folded pin fit - we are thinking cab high, not mid or high rise. If you have one, do you leave it on all the time or take it off? Do you think they are ugly? We would get something like below that matches the paint.[quoted image]

I can speak for a full size F150 for sure a standard height topper will fit a folded pin no problem. Dodge/GM should be same. If you have the garage space, get a high rise so you can haul them standing up and a bunch of other things like snowblowers, etc. Because of the high topper, it never needed to come off: lots of moving furniture, recliners/sofas, etc. It wouldn't have done most without coming off. Ugly, maybe but for practicality it was worth it. We sold it last year:

IMG_8864 (resized).JPGIMG_8864 (resized).JPG
    #1538 3 years ago
    Quoted from dmacy:

I can speak for a full size F150 for sure a standard height topper will fit a folded pin no problem.

Hadn't considered the high topper, that doesn't look bad at all. Sell it for another truck?

#1539 3 years ago

We had 4 vehicles between 2 of us (no kids) which the truck was never used other than bad weather or for truck duty which was rare. Wife was due for a new car so we sold this and ordered her a 2020 Ranger Lariat to replace her car. Easier on fuel to daily, can still tow cars, horses and occasional truck duty and she likes sitting up. She gets 24mpg hand calculated which isn't bad. F150 was a great truck but was 10 years old with 44k on it that we bought new it wasn't used and always in the way.

#1540 3 years ago

Some pics to show you height with/without topper:

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpgIMG_0136 (resized).JPGIMG_0136 (resized).JPGIMG_1243 (resized).JPGIMG_1243 (resized).JPGIMG_1244 (resized).JPGIMG_1244 (resized).JPGIMG_1255 (resized).JPGIMG_1255 (resized).JPG
    #1541 3 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

Not true, at least not on a 2016. Picked up my wonka from a distributor. It was tight, but it does fit.

#1542 3 years ago
    Quoted from dmacy:

We had 4 vehicles between 2 of us (no kids) which the truck was never used other than bad weather or for truck duty which was rare. Wife was due for a new car so we sold this and ordered her a 2020 Ranger Lariat to replace her car.

Almost our case exactly, four cars, no kids at home. I have been trying to talk her into this for a while, she didn't want to give up the SUV so the shell is what is selling the deal. We have to pull a boat occasionally and she likes to ride up high, so its a full size truck for us. Thanks for the extra pics.

#1543 3 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Not true, at least not on a 2016. Picked up my wonka from a distributor. It was tight, but it does fit.

I assume he's talking about the newest body style which started with the 2017 model year?

#1544 3 years ago

2020 Ford Escape, might fit a B/W but it's gonna be really tight on the sides, and may no longer have room for the piece of smooth material I like to put down first to make it slide in and out easier. Pretty big lip on the bottom at the edge too.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).png
    #1545 3 years ago
    Quoted from DylanFan71:

My wife's 2019 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid will haul a pin nicely and still get 35 MPG!
    Anyone used a Tesla Model X?

Perfect...looking at a RAV4 for the wife.....was pretty sure a pin will fit but checked here to be sure.

1 week later
    #1546 3 years ago

eey!! I only see trucks or roadway vehicles but... I think you can fit perfectly a Pinball machine into a proper Boat or to some airplanes (not counting a Traing)!!

#1547 3 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

If so does a folded pin fit - we are thinking cab high, not mid or high rise. If you have one, do you leave it on all the time or take it off? Do you think they are ugly?

Yes, even on my '07 Ranger (before the ranger got huge) it fits fine with a cab-high camper shell. Fits even in the box! Yes, they are ugly, and No, you will not want to remove it once it is on - they are really really heavy.

My next truck will get a fabric camper shell instead - can still haul a pin in the rain, but they are much easier to remove and store when not in use (because, ugly).

#1548 3 years ago

I was looking at a 2020-2021 GMC terrain today, it's super close for later WPC's. like within half an inch, The opening is right around 29 1/2".
    Afraid it'll hit the roof liner or something. any one else mess with terrains? the pinwiki stuff says it'll fit, but isn't to specific.
    I have a relative with a 2014 toyota highlander and pins fit with no issues, still some room to spare.
    I'll prolly just step up to the Arcadia, the opening is similar to the highlander.

#1549 3 years ago

2016 Ford Edge even with the factory sunroof allowed me to pick up this Superpin today. Had 1/2" to spare at each corner and an 1" in the center.

20201127_141750 (resized).jpg20201127_141750 (resized).jpg20201127_141807 (resized).jpg20201127_141807 (resized).jpg
    #1550 3 years ago

I'm curious about the specific limitations of the tesla model y. I think it has been well established that it will not fit a pin with the backbox folded on top of the cabinet due to the 27 inch height from the floor to roof of the hatch opening. With that said, I want to know how well it will fit pins with the head removed from the cabinet. I know that most cabinet heights are well below 27 inches, but that high point appears to be in the center of the cargo area and the hatch slopes down towards the rear.

My concern is that the cabinet won't fit unless it was loaded in backwards. I would think that that would make unloading the cabinet a major hassle. (correct me if I am wrong on that)

I don't mind removing the heads from the cabinets since that is not as difficult as it may seem for most games, but I am not sure if I would want to load the cabinet in backwards if I needed to.

Can any model y owners here measure 52 inches from the back of the front seats, then measure the height from that point on the cargo floor to the roof/glass above it. Thanks.

There are 2,555 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in/page/31?hl=radial_head and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.