Topic Stats

• 2,572 posts
  • 809 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by mof
  • Topic is favorited by 188 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240423_144609 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0387 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9289 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_3842 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3843 (resized).jpeg
    Hobbit_Collective_Move (resized).jpg
    IMG_7132 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3737 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3734 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3735 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3733 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3736 (resized).jpeg
    20240318_101947 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 52.
    #1451 3 years ago

I can probably fit two in my Yukon XL and still have room for my Mother In Law.

#1452 3 years ago
    Quoted from zh2oson:

Tesla Model Y update?

From the info I have it would be VERY close ... the detailed measurements I got appeared to be about 1” short on height. It’s really so close that someone really needs to just do it and give a report on how it worked out, or not.

#1453 3 years ago
    Quoted from newbieinKC:

PUT three in there and tell the mother in law sorry no room

1 week later
    #1454 3 years ago

2020 Honda Pilot EX-L. You can fit one pinball with backbox by putting down the third row and 1/3 of the second row. You might be able to fit two whole pinballs if you put down the second row and put the backboxes ontop the cabinets or behind. My experience was with an early solid state Bally. Not sure how much modern games have changed in size.

#1455 3 years ago

2017 Ford Escape, System 11 Jokerz fit easily.

0805B231-C35C-478A-A0CE-31110B6442ED (resized).jpeg0805B231-C35C-478A-A0CE-31110B6442ED (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #1456 3 years ago

Worried about rain this weekend and not sure if I want to take the Taco to pick up a game.

Anyone know if a pin will fit in a '19 Honda HRV?

#1457 3 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Worried about rain this weekend and not sure if I want to take the Taco to pick up a game.

I had a "newer" hrv as a loaner when my truck was being fixed...that is a tight space. You would really need to measure it and know what game size is.

Otherwise, bring a big roll of the plastic wrap, then double to triple wrap with tarp and blanket(s) to keep the game dry.

I have a 2020 explorer. Has anyone moved a game in one yet? Looking at grabbing a sys11 and I feel like it shouldn't be a problem but...that is how I found out a gottlieb sys3 doesn't fit in a 2013+ escape :-p luckily a screw driver could remove the head hinge and that slid down to fit.

#1458 3 years ago

Explorer works for sure. HRV if it has 31 inches vertical

#1459 3 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

The '17 HRV fit one, don't know if they've been changed for the '19 M.Y.

1 week later
    #1460 3 years ago
    Quoted from newbieinKC:

Do you also have room for my mother-in-law?

#1461 3 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Do you also have room for my mother-in-law?

I will strap her to the rooftop for the right price During a hail storm would cost extra, though.

1 week later
    #1462 3 years ago

Anyone move a modern Stern pin with a 2011-2016 Honda CRV?

#1463 3 years ago

Moved a sys11, sof, in my 2020 explorer and it fit with 1-1.5" to spare about. however the lip at the bumper and if you use rollers will make it not fit or be tight.

#1464 3 years ago

Anyone know if you have to remove the second and third seating rows to put ao modern Stern in a 2019 Honda Odyssey?

#1465 3 years ago
    Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Anyone know if you have to remove the second and third seating rows to put ao modern Stern in a 2019 Honda Odyssey?

I have a 2016. The 3rd row folds flat. I always take out both middle seats. You may or may not be able to get away with 1.

Make SURE SURE SURE to slide it in on a large box or something sturdy, the hooks that stick up for the seats to hook into stick up a bit and will catch your game.

Also note that even if it looks like it will, you cannot fit a pin in the sliding door.

#1466 3 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Also note that even if it looks like it will, you cannot fit a pin in the sliding door.

On my 2013 I can fit a pin in the sliding door if I remove the grab bar. Is this also the case in the newer models, or is the issue the width of the opening in general?

On mine a Stern is definitely easier since the head is narrower. But a WPC will fit, it is just tight.

#1467 3 years ago
    Quoted from stangbat:

On my 2013 I can fit a pin in the sliding door if I remove the grab bar. Is this also the case in the newer models, or is the issue the width of the opening in general?
    On mine a Stern is definitely easier since the head is narrower. But a WPC will fit, it is just tight.

Had take the sliding door to get looked at we messed it up so bad trying to slide an old pinbot through a couple of years ago... It... it wouldn't fit.

#1468 3 years ago

I have a 2016. The 3rd row folds flat. I always take out both middle seats. You may or may not be able to get away with 1.
    Make SURE SURE SURE to slide it in on a large box or something sturdy, the hooks that stick up for the seats to hook into stick up a bit and will catch your game.

Don't think I could get away with leaving the second row in? I'm lazy and don't want to reinstall the baby seats haha.

#1469 3 years ago

Don't think I could get away with leaving the second row in? I'm lazy and don't want to reinstall the baby seats haha.

You absolutely have to remove atleast 1 of the 2nd row seats.

You can fit 2 pins in the back of a Honda Odyssey with the middle and rear seats removed, but they won't fit side by side without removing the head and turning it on it's side. You can fit 3 with partial disassemly. A pin is too wide to fit where the 3rd row is. TRUST ME.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpgcar (resized).pngcar (resized).png
    #1470 3 years ago

So are you guys saying you can't put a pin in the back of a 2016+ Odyssey without removing a middle seat? If so, wow.

#1471 3 years ago

You absolutely cannot. The area by the sliding doors is physically wider than the area in the 3rd row between the wheel wells. If you don't believe me, google photos of a 4x8 piece of plywood in the back of a Honda Odysey. It just barley squeezes through in the back. Anything you can fit on a 4x8 piece of plywood will fit in a minivan without issue. However, note that a 4x8 is 48 inches wide and a Stern Pin is 51 inches long. It won't fit sideways anyplace except by the sliding doors, and you ahve to slide in in from the rear to get to that spot.

Not trying to burst your buble, but speaking from experience from someone who has been there before.

#1472 3 years ago

I'm not asking about across the width, I mean can you put a single pin in the back length wise as shown in position 2 on your pic without removing a middle seat? In my 2001 and 2013 you could slide a single pin in the back that way without removing any middle seats, you just fold down the third row.

#1473 3 years ago
    Quoted from stangbat:

I'm not asking about across the width, I mean can you put a single pin in the back length wise as shown in position 2 on your pic without removing a middle seat? In my 2001 and 2013 you could slide a single pin in the back that way without removing any middle seats, you just fold down the third row.

Gotcha... to be honest I never tried and will let others answer that one. I want to say no but don't know for sure.

#1474 3 years ago

Long shot as I don't think many have shipped this year, but anyone with the new Rav4 prime that can confirm a pin fits? I'm hoping the rear opening is just like rav4 hybrid, but the prime does have some updates.

#1475 3 years ago
    Quoted from JustEverett:

Long shot as I don't think many have shipped this year, but anyone with the new Rav4 prime that can confirm a pin fits? I'm hoping the rear opening is just like rav4 hybrid, but the prime does have some updates.

I have the 2020 RAV4 Hybrid, but have been keeping up with the Prime. Numerous sources have confirmed the Prime load floor is about an inch higher than in the regular hybrid. Haven't hauled a pin yet, but as you may have seen in this thread a Hybrid does have enough clearance for an unboxed Stern, but with that higher load floor the Prime may not.

#1476 3 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

I have the 2020 RAV4 Hybrid, but have been keeping up with the Prime. Numerous sources have confirmed the Prime load floor is about an inch higher than in the regular hybrid. Haven't hauled a pin yet, but as you may have seen in this thread a Hybrid does have enough clearance for an unboxed Stern, but with that higher load floor the Prime may not.

Yeah, that's my concern. I figured they may have had to sacrifice some interior space somewhere for the batteries. I guess I will just have to measure it when I finally get my hands on one for a test drive. I really hope it will work because it's the perfect commuter vehicle for me. Plus 600+mile range will make pinball road trips a lot of fun

#1477 3 years ago

Anyone know if a modern Stern will go into a 2011-2016 Honda CRV?

Also, anyone know the height off a folded Stern. I think the lowest point of the trunk is about 33-34".

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

#1478 3 years ago

Anyone? I am reading mixed things. One guy said he did a pin with his CRV, and others say the back seats don't fold enough to do it.

Can anyone confirm?

#1479 3 years ago

Just was looking and measuring a few of the popular compact SUVs at a local dealer I think 2016 crv would be no problem.the latest model crv has a little less hatch height but have a floor panel that lowers an inch, Modern stern is 29.5 inches max height folded

Latest body style rav 4 and forester are tighter with head first loading due to the rear seats not folding flat or ceiling panel protrusion(forester)

#1480 3 years ago
    Quoted from supermatt:

I have fit 90's B/W pins easily into a 2011 XC90

Safe Cracker excluded

#1481 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballjj:

Just was looking and measuring a few of the popular compact SUVs at a local dealer I think 2016 crv would be no problem.the latest model crv has a little less hatch height but have a floor panel that lowers an inch, Modern stern is 29.5 inches max height folded
    Latest body style rav 4 and forester are tighter with head first loading due to the rear seats not folding flat or ceiling panel protrusion(forester)

I went to check out the space in my 2014 CRV, and problem I'm anticipating will be the rear seats that don't fold down flat enough. They are on almost a 45 degree angle.

Anyone successfully move a modern Stern with a CRV?

#1482 3 years ago

I went to check out the space in my 2014 CRV, and problem I'm anticipating will be the rear seats that don't fold down flat enough. They are on almost a 45 degree angle.
    Anyone successfully move a modern Stern with a CRV?

Numerous times by people in this thread. Do a search....

#1483 3 years ago

Yup, 2014 CRV did the job!

DP (resized).jpgDP (resized).jpg
    #1484 3 years ago

Just some info for anyone interested... 2019-2020 Ford Edge will not fit a Gottlieb System 80b without removing the back box. Deck to roof height at the hatch entrance is 32”. I haven’t moved anything else yet but I believe most other brand machines are smaller.

#1485 3 years ago

You absolutely have to remove atleast 1 of the 2nd row seats.
    You can fit 2 pins in the back of a Honda Odyssey with the middle and rear seats removed, but they won't fit side by side without removing the head and turning it on it's side. You can fit 3 with partial disassemly. A pin is too wide to fit where the 3rd row is. TRUST ME.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You can definitely fit one pin in a 2015 Honda Odyssey by just folding down the third row and leaving the second row in. I have done many times. You do have to move the 2nd row seats up a bit.

#1486 3 years ago
    Quoted from Captive_Ball:

You can definitely fit one pin in a Honda Odyssey by just folding down the third row and leaving the second row in. I have done many times. You do have to move the 2nd row seats up a bit.

We're talking about the fifth generation body style: 2018+. Are you confirming that they fit in these models without removing middle seats? We know they fit in the older models before 2018 just fine.

#1487 3 years ago
    Quoted from Captive_Ball:

You can definitely fit one pin in a Honda Odyssey by just folding down the third row and leaving the second row in. I have done many times. You do have to move the 2nd row seats up a bit.

Quoted from stangbat:

We're talking about the fifth generation body style: 2018+. Are you confirming that they fit in these models without removing middle seats? We know they fit in the older models before 2018 just fine.

If somebody does this please snap a photo for this forum. I cannot do it on my 2016.

#1488 3 years ago
    Quoted from stangbat:

If somebody does this please snap a photo for this forum. I cannot do it on my 2016.

Didn't realize I didn't put the year. It's a 2015 model year. Which was a previous generation.

#1489 3 years ago

Has anyone tried the Civic hatchback yet? It's been asked a couple of times in the thread but I haven't seen a yes or no yet. I'm getting to the point where I want a new car and a Civic hatch would be great if it can fit a game. I may just stop by a dealership with a tape measure this weekend if nobody has tried yet, I figure if the Fit works there's a chance the Civic may too.

#1490 3 years ago
    Quoted from atrainn:

Has anyone tried the Civic hatchback yet? It's been asked a couple of times in the thread but I haven't seen a yes or no yet. I'm getting to the point where I want a new car and a Civic hatch would be great if it can fit a game. I may just stop by a dealership with a tape measure this weekend if nobody has tried yet, I figure if the Fit works there's a chance the Civic may too.

I haven't tried to put one in my type R, but i'll post some pictures with a tape measure.

#1491 3 years ago
    Quoted from yaksplat:

I haven't tried to put one in my type R, but i'll post some pictures with a tape measure.

My hero! The dealership is trying to get me to come in to measure it myself (probably thinking I'll just buy one on the spot), rather than just telling me over email. If I can't figure it out then I'll probably stop by this weekend.

#1492 3 years ago

I squeezed a Space Shuttle into a 2013 Honda Fit.

#1493 3 years ago
    Quoted from atrainn:

My hero! The dealership is trying to get me to come in to measure it myself (probably thinking I'll just buy one on the spot), rather than just telling me over email. If I can't figure it out then I'll probably stop by this weekend.

So here's a System 9 cabinet. Decided that i'd just try it out. I have the spare tire underneath the trunk tray, so that adds a couple inches. I'd remove it if i was getting a pin. It appears that this works. Add another 2" above and it'll fit just swimmingly with the backglass and head removed. Passenger seat is all the way forward. Everything closes with no contact.

So, no passengers and bring your tools.

IMG_20200911_115612 (resized).jpgIMG_20200911_115612 (resized).jpgIMG_20200911_115643 (resized).jpgIMG_20200911_115643 (resized).jpgIMG_20200911_142653 (resized).jpgIMG_20200911_142653 (resized).jpgIMG_20200911_143009 (resized).jpgIMG_20200911_143009 (resized).jpgIMG_20200911_143022 (resized).jpgIMG_20200911_143022 (resized).jpg
    #1494 3 years ago
    Quoted from yaksplat:

So here's a System 9 cabinet. Decided that i'd just try it out. I have the spare tire underneath the trunk tray, so that adds a couple inches. I'd remove it if i was getting a pin. It appears that this works. Add another 2" above and it'll fit just swimmingly with the backglass and head removed. Passenger seat is all the way forward. Everything closes with no contact.
    So, no passengers and bring your tools.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Well that's awesome! Thanks a ton for checking

#1495 3 years ago
    Quoted from atrainn:

Well that's awesome! Thanks a ton for checking

The hatchback may even have a touch more room, but i can't imagine that it has less. I've never owned a car that I like this much. If you can spring for the Type R over the regular hatch, i'd do it.

#1496 3 years ago

I see a BMW X3 was reference a few years ago as able to fit a pin. I just looked at the plug in hybrid version of the X3, and they raised the trunk floor up about 4 inches, so there is definitely no way a pin would fit.

#1497 3 years ago

Tes, a pinball machine will fit in a 2005 V70 T5. Or any P2 V70. I had to slide the head forward to clean the arch. It got to the very end of blackout and wanted to rub a hair, until I moved the head forward.

Now to drop this off and pick up my Bally Star Trek.

B518F27F-75CC-416D-8A9B-3DC6C188C809 (resized).jpegB518F27F-75CC-416D-8A9B-3DC6C188C809 (resized).jpeg
    3 weeks later
    #1498 3 years ago

Chevy Bolt anyone? Ideally with head on...?

#1499 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinash:

Chevy Bolt anyone? Ideally with head on...?

I don't see how it would be remotely possible. I haven't even bothered to measure because it is obvious it won't work.

I bought the 1090 lb Haul Master trailer from Harbor Freight and I'm putting a hitch on my Bolt. That will be my new pin hauling setup.

#1500 3 years ago

Anyone tried to fit a pin in the back of a Mercedes gle?

There are 2,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.