Topic Stats

• 2,573 posts
  • 810 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by red-line
  • Topic is favorited by 189 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240423_144609 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0387 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9289 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_3842 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3843 (resized).jpeg
    Hobbit_Collective_Move (resized).jpg
    IMG_7132 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3737 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3734 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3735 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3733 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3736 (resized).jpeg
    20240318_101947 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,573 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 52.
    #1401 3 years ago

I re-post this for info too:
    To those new to this thread, to find out about a specific vehicle, go to near the top of this web page (on the right hand side).
    Locate the search engine called "Find in Topic". It's about 4-inches from the top of this page.
    In the box "Posts Containing Key Word(s)", enter the vehicle you are interested in...and hit enter
    You will be rewarded... I hope.
    Robert

#1402 3 years ago

I re-post this occasionally for information as people sometimes don't want to read through pages and pages of posts:
    The space needed for most pinball games is about 31 inches. My 2012 Grand Cherokee has 30.75" clearance and a Stern Spiderman just fits...probably an 1/8" clearance if I remember correctly.
    The issue with the 31" measurement is the lip at the bottom of the opening. In my Jeep, the lip is about 1/4" above the floor, but in some vehicles it can be an inch high.
    What makes this measurement tricky is that the lip is usually not directly below the opening edge at the top. So measuring at an angle (lip to top) gives a deceiving number, that is this measurement is larger than the actual opening.
    If it's important to be able to put a pinball in the back and the opening is about 31", some consideration needs to be taken in the height of the lip above the floor and where the lip is in relation to the opening edge at the top.
    Remember that the pinball game needs to ride on the lip while it slides into the back, and it only drops down to floor level after it passes the lip. In my experience, it's the last 2 or 3 inches of sliding the game in when the game is still on the lip and the head is starting to approach the opening edge at the top.
    Robert

0B265430-DEDE-4086-AF0A-5B8E48BA7C56 (resized).jpeg0B265430-DEDE-4086-AF0A-5B8E48BA7C56 (resized).jpeg

#1403 3 years ago

Just checking if there are any noticeable size differences between a Williams system 6/7 and system 11.
    I fit a Black Knight last week and I have a lengthy drive this week to a High Speed. BK was a snug fit in my Jeep. Just looking for piece of mind that High Speed will fine as well.

#1404 3 years ago
    Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Just checking if there are any noticeable size differences between a Williams system 6/7 and system 11.
    I fit a Black Knight last week and I have a lengthy drive this week to a High Speed. BK was a snug fit in my Jeep. Just looking for piece of mind that High Speed will fine as well.

Which jeep?

I forgot, does HS head fold or remove?

#1405 3 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Which jeep?
    I forgot, does HS head fold or remove?

It folds just like all (?) system 11s (I put the question mark because there may be some early Sys 11 that doesn't fold but certainly the vast majority do) which means you'll need to have more clearance at the hatch. If BK was a tight fit I'd suggest you either carefully measure the hatch opening and / or be prepared to take the head off the game and remember that not all connections from the back-box to the playfield may be connectors. When I had to pull the head off an F14 to get it through a door there were one or two things that made it take longer than I expected but I don't remember exactly what they were.

#1406 3 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Anyone fit 2 EMs in their SUV? Mine is a 2018 Pathfinder and I'll be picking up a Wedgehead and a 70s Williams single player. I figured if I load teh cabinets on their sides, the cabinets would fit, and the heads would either go in the front pass. seat or right behind the front seats.

Yes, they do fit.

20200523_094304 (resized).jpg20200523_094304 (resized).jpg20200523_094309 (resized).jpg20200523_094309 (resized).jpg
    #1407 3 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

Anyone have any pin hauling experience with the new 2019-2020 Hyundai Santa Fe?

Happen to get an answer on this?

We're shopping Santa Fe's right now and the lowest vertical clearance is much lower than our current Honda HRV. The HRV can **almost** fit a Stern Premium in the box, but not quite. No problem unboxed.

I don't think the Santa Fe can handle the height at the hatch, which is the lowest point....but the wife wouldn't let me bring the pinball machine out to the lot to test

#1408 3 years ago
    Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

We're shopping Santa Fe's right now and the lowest vertical clearance is much lower than our current Honda HRV. The HRV can **almost** fit a Stern Premium in the box, but not quite. No problem unboxed.
    I don't think the Santa Fe can handle the height at the hatch, which is the lowest point....but the wife wouldn't let me bring the pinball machine out to the lot to test

I ended up asking in a FB Hyundai Santa Fe group, where several confirmed and measure that a 32" high box should fit. Actually ended up passing on the Santa Fe myself and ended up buying a 2020 RAV4 Hybrid.

#1409 3 years ago
    Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

Did she prohibit you from bringing a tape measure?

#1410 3 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

Did she prohibit you from bringing a tape measure?

Honestly, in a situation like this a tape measure always makes does me the dirty (or rather, I'm too much of a dumbass to think ahead about measuring).

1 week later
    #1411 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

I’ve been trying to get dimensions of the cargo area from new owners on other forums. No responses yet. I have a Model 3 that I really love, but will trade up to a Y Performance (and ditch my RAV4) if pins fit.

Tesla Model Y update?

#1412 3 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

JUST fits in a uk porsche Cayenne
    [quoted image]

What year and trim level is your Cayenne?

Thanks!

2 weeks later
    #1413 3 years ago

I'll add one that I was surprised with today.
    Buick Encore
    (2018 but all models 2013-2020 should be identical in the cargo area)
    I wasn't planning on using it to move my FH today but we did quick measurements and much to my surprise it worked with room to spare. A couple inches of depth still available with the front seats all the way back. A few inches on either side and 2"+ clearance above the folded head at the opening.

20200620_131430 (resized).jpg20200620_131430 (resized).jpg20200620_131440 (resized).jpg20200620_131440 (resized).jpg20200620_131508 (resized).jpg20200620_131508 (resized).jpg
    #1414 3 years ago
    Quoted from zh2oson:

Tesla Model Y update?

Thanks to RobF for finding this, doesn't look promising due to the floor to opening height being < 28".

https://www.tesmanian.com/blogs/tesmanian-blog/tesla-model-y-interior-trunk-trunk-well-frunk-and-other-measurements

#1415 3 years ago
    Quoted from stangbat:

Thanks to RobF for finding this, doesn't look promising due to the floor to opening height being < 28".
    https://www.tesmanian.com/blogs/tesmanian-blog/tesla-model-y-interior-trunk-trunk-well-frunk-and-other-measurements

Thanks. My firewall is blocking so I'll take a look when I'm home tonight. Bummer, though.

#1416 3 years ago

I finally got around to fitting a game that isn’t a Capcom into the 2017+ Mazda CX-5

And, it fits a System 11 Taxi just fine, with room to spare. I assume this means it will fit all standard WPC games as well.

D2C076FC-CB5E-4589-B990-DE485EF336EB (resized).jpegD2C076FC-CB5E-4589-B990-DE485EF336EB (resized).jpeg
    #1417 3 years ago
    Quoted from MLmotorsport:

Buick Encore
    I wasn't planning on using it to move my FH today but we did quick measurements and much to my surprise it worked with room to spare. A couple inches of depth still available with the front seats all the way back. A few inches on either side and 2"+ clearance above the folded head at the opening.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from mbaumle:

I finally got around to fitting a game that isn’t a Capcom into the 2017+ Mazda CX-5
    And, it fits a System 11 Taxi just fine, with room to spare. I assume this means it will fit all standard WPC games as well.
    [quoted image]

Thanks to you both for the pictures! I now have a couple more options to add to my vehicle list. I didn’t think either of those vehicles would fit a pin with the head on, especially the Encore. A 2017+ Mazda CX5 is back at the top of my list!

#1418 3 years ago

Fits in a 2005 4 door explore. Just picked up a f14 in one.

#1419 3 years ago

Looking at a 2017 GMC Acadia - I'm measuring 30 1/4 total. I know it's to small for JJP, will it work for Stern and Williams?

Edit: 30 1/2 seems possible so should be good for the most part.

#1420 3 years ago
    Quoted from waldo34:

Looking at a 2017 GMC Acadia - I'm measuring 30 1/4 total. I know it's to small for JJP, will it work for Stern and Williams?
    Edit: 30 1/2 seems possible so should be good for the most part.

Acadia should work fine. I moved one in a friend's Acadia with no issues (Williams Jokerz!). His was a 2015 model if that makes a difference.

Chris

#1421 3 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Acadia should work fine. I moved one in a friend's Acadia with no issues (Williams Jokerz!). His was a 2015 model if that makes a difference.
    Chris

Doublecheck, as 2017 Acadias (2nd Generation) were smaller than the 1st Generation that ran until 2016...

#1422 3 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

Doublecheck, as 2017 Acadias (2nd Generation) were smaller than the 1st Generation that ran until 2016...

They made a "Limited" version of the Acadia for the 2017 model year which was the old style Acadia. The new style has a 30¼" max clearance at the opening but I can't comment on fitting a pin in it.

#1423 3 years ago

Toyota Fj

#1424 3 years ago

Is good

#1425 3 years ago

2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee, modern Stern (Iron Man). Justtttttt fit, barely, but I didn’t have to tie it down or worry about it sliding at all. Smooth ride.

2299BEDE-567D-46D2-BE7C-C7088FEA1D53 (resized).jpeg2299BEDE-567D-46D2-BE7C-C7088FEA1D53 (resized).jpeg
    #1426 3 years ago
    Quoted from MLmotorsport:

Buick Encore
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Whoa. I believe this is the first confirmed report of a Buick Encore fitting a pin with room to spare?

Holey... I would have never guessed. This was an option for my next car and I passed because I thought it wouldn't fit. Thank you for this report @mlmotorsport!

#1427 3 years ago

Does not fit in 16’ Cx-9

C06C0170-3EDD-4F9C-B5B3-07C2BEA825AE (resized).jpegC06C0170-3EDD-4F9C-B5B3-07C2BEA825AE (resized).jpegC0EE9B01-B8A0-496B-B166-E3D9B5CD2B24 (resized).jpegC0EE9B01-B8A0-496B-B166-E3D9B5CD2B24 (resized).jpeg
    #1428 3 years ago

Did you just pick that up from CL for 2700?

Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Does not fit in 16’ Cx-9
    [quoted image][quoted image]

#1429 3 years ago
    Quoted from Thomas3184:

Did you just pick that up from CL for 2700?

Is my pinside name a joke to you?

#1430 3 years ago

Nope, serious question.

Is my pinside name a joke to you?

#1431 3 years ago
    Quoted from Thomas3184:

Nope, serious question.

I’m just messin with ya

You are correct

You want to help me unload it for free play? we’re neighbors

#1432 3 years ago

Are we really neighbors? It was too far for me to go drive and pickup haha. That thing looked like HUO.

I’m just messin with ya
    You are correct
    You want to help me unload it for free play? we’re neighbors

#1433 3 years ago
    Quoted from Thomas3184:

Are we really neighbors? It was too far for me to go drive and pickup haha. That thing looked like HUO.

Yes, I’m right by American river canyon

Huo for 15 years
    Routed prior to that
    It’s in nice shape

#1434 3 years ago

That’s awesome when do you need help? Lol

#1435 3 years ago
    Quoted from Thomas3184:

That’s awesome when do you need help? Lol

Tomorrow. I won’t be home til 11p..so it’s going to sleep in the car tonight.

Pm me if you’re serious

#1436 3 years ago

PMed you

Tomorrow. I won’t be home til 11p..so it’s going to sleep in the car tonight.
    Pm me if you’re serious

#1437 3 years ago

Thanks for meeting me the second I got home in the middle of the night to help with setting it up.

Restoring my faith in humanity one pinsider at a time

I owe ya one homie

BDF19E84-CC7F-467D-9361-81622CA6CA2A (resized).jpegBDF19E84-CC7F-467D-9361-81622CA6CA2A (resized).jpeg
    #1438 3 years ago

Np, glad it is getting enjoyed already and not end up in the hands of a flipper.

#1439 3 years ago
    Quoted from Thomas3184:

Np, glad it is getting enjoyed already and not end up in the hands of a flipper.

Ya, the nice old guy said he was getting blown up by the flip squad while I was driving out there...

#1440 3 years ago

Sickkkkk! Congrats on the new game!

#1441 3 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

Sickkkkk! Congrats on the new game!

Dang your collection blowing up

You still in the living room?

#1442 3 years ago

I seem to find conflicting info. Will a 01-07 Volvo V70 hold a modern pin? Same question for the XC90?

#1443 3 years ago
    Quoted from RandyW:

I seem to find conflicting info. Will a 01-07 Volvo V70 hold a modern pin? Same question for the XC90?

I have fit 90's B/W pins easily into a 2011 XC90

#1444 3 years ago
    Quoted from supermatt:

I have fit 90's B/W pins easily into a 2011 XC90

Thank you!

#1445 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Awesome, my dad has a 2005 Honda Pilot that I was thinking of borrowing when I need to pickup pins in bad weather. Normally I use my Dodge Dakota pickup. It's nice to know that it can fit a pin no problem. Just fold the seats down and good to go? Think a cart would go beside it, or not?

The rear seats don’t fold completely flat, so I lift the front of the machine when sliding it in to help clear the incline. Rolling the machine on tennis balls makes it easier. I haven’t had a dolly loaded, but I do think one would fit as well if you use moving blankets to keep everything safe.

#1446 3 years ago

Hello. Does anyone know if a System 11 will fitnin a 2020 Nissan Maruno without taking the head off?

#1447 3 years ago

Anybody had luck moving a game in a game in a First Gen Honda CR-V (1999-2001)? Specifically looking for modern Stern/DE fold down pins without taking the head off.

#1448 3 years ago

modern stern(2010 IM) as is stands will not fit into a 2020 infiniti qx60 , at the centerline the opening is tall enough(30") but it tapers down by an inch or so the edges of the back box hit.

unscrewing the back box hinges from the backbox ( 2 bolts on either side) allows the folded backbox to slide farther forward reducing the overall folded height and it then fits.

this is easy to do on modern sterns and I imagine a lot of compact or mid size suv type vehicles will fit pins this way

#1449 3 years ago

So long as you have zero regard for personal safety and no passengers, you can fit a classic Bally SS in a 2005 Volvo V50 and close the hatch. Oh yea, you will also have to be very short, as you will have to be almost pressed into the steering wheel. I do not recommend this for a long drive, but I made it two hours this way to get a Bally Star Trek.

52B58A23-5443-4A45-9C68-F81E12FC49C3 (resized).jpeg52B58A23-5443-4A45-9C68-F81E12FC49C3 (resized).jpeg8C1100C6-7DFA-496A-B717-E55B575E1EA2 (resized).jpeg8C1100C6-7DFA-496A-B717-E55B575E1EA2 (resized).jpeg
    #1450 3 years ago

Stern pro was able to fit into my 2020 Honda Passport easily. Enough room to fit a cart next to it too.

pinballmachine (resized).jpgpinballmachine (resized).jpg
    There are 2,573 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in/page/29?hl=pinballjj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.