Topic Stats

• 2,555 posts
  • 806 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Boat
  • Topic is favorited by 188 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7132 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3737 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3734 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3735 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3733 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3736 (resized).jpeg
    20240318_101947 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.55?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.35?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.27?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.46?PM (resized).png
    IMG_0296 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4899 (resized).jpeg
    Peel P50 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,555 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 52.
    #1351 4 years ago

Just went and measured the new kia seltos and current model Sorento. Seltos only has 29inches and Sorento just short of 31. So no Kia other than telluride.

#1352 4 years ago
    Quoted from luckycreature:

Just went and measured the new kia seltos and current model Sorento. Seltos only has 29inches and Sorento just short of 31. So no Kia other than telluride.

My pilot is just short of 31 and I’ve fit stern, bw and jjp games easily.

#1353 4 years ago

Bally/WMS game need 28.5" of clearance, Stern 30.5" and Gottlieb Sys 3 need the most at 32". So the Sorento at least will haul most pins just fine.

#1354 4 years ago

Anyone tried or have a 2019+ Cherokee (non-Grand) to measure? The previous design 2014-2018 don't fit a pin, but the Cherokee underwent a mid-cycle redesign that included a new hatch and bumper design, that added a few more cubic feet of rear storage per press releases. It looks like the hatch opening may have been lowered an inch or so vs the pre-refresh models, but it's hard to tell if that is really the case with the rest of the cosmetic changes, and if that is enough even if it was improved...

It would be a great option for a midsize crossover with a decent 4wd system if those can at least fit a new Stern, plus they fixed the "polarizing" front end design...

#1355 4 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

I hope that is separate or one would be on the roof :-p

Separate trips for sure

#1356 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Thank you That's a lot to go through, maybe the measurement below will be good enough?

Yeah that works! I think I'll be getting a used Mazda 2019 Grand Touring AWD next year. Seeing some good used prices in the low to mid 20's for them with under 20k miles.

Any updates on this?

#1357 4 years ago

Any updates on this?

It seems like the 2017 + CX5's can't fit a pin with the head folded down from what I'm reading here. Almost all of the latest generation more affordable smaller SUV's such as the 2018 + Terrain, Equinox, and 2017+ CX5 added a more severe slope to the back of their designs. Didn't these companies know this would lead to pins not fitting?! Haha.

I'm now looking at used 2019 Toyota RAV4's. Those should be able to fit a pin from what I'm reading as the cargo area is taller. They are a more a bit more pricey then the Terrians, Equinoxes, and CX5's I've been looking at but still look nice and have great reliability.

#1358 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It seems like the 2017 + CX5's can't fit a pin with the head folded down from what I'm reading here.

My 2019 fit a capcom Pinball magic just fine. It just needed to be put in sideways.

The problem with the CX-5 isn’t that it slopes too much, it’s that the tailgate “lip” is literally just one inch too high. If it were flush with the floor of the trunk, you’d be able to fit everything in just by sliding.

I measured the cabinet of my Pinball Magic, and it happened to be an inch taller than WPC games. While I haven’t personally fit in a WPC game *yet,* one should theoretically fit in “right side up” given the measurements.

One of these days I’ll confirm.

#1359 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

My 2019 fit a capcom Pinball magic just fine. It just needed to be put in sideways.
    The problem with the CX-5 isn’t that it slopes too much, it’s that the tailgate “lip” is literally just one inch too high. If it were flush with the floor of the trunk, you’d be able to fit everything in just by sliding.
    I measured the cabinet of my Pinball Magic, and it happened to be an inch taller than WPC games. While I haven’t personally fit in a WPC game *yet,* one should theoretically fit in “right side up” given the measurements.
    One of these days I’ll confirm.

what is the height measurement of the Pinball Magic with the head folded down ?

#1360 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballjj:

what is the height measurement of the Pinball Magic with the head folded down ?

It's right about 29 3/4" I fit mine in both my Chevy Trailblazer (2006) and Dodge Durango (2015)

Chris

#1361 4 years ago

2006 Honda Pilot. Easily fit the Williams & Data East machines I have moved.

52B47111-1E5C-4EBF-8B1D-F5C8514F245C (resized).jpeg52B47111-1E5C-4EBF-8B1D-F5C8514F245C (resized).jpeg
    #1362 4 years ago

Has anyone determined if a pinball will fit in the new 2020 Mercedes GLB? It is more boxy than other compact SUV's, but I'm not sure if it is tall/deep enough. Also it starts at $36,500, which is attractive for a Benz.

I'm also considering a 2020 Toyota Rav4, they are very affordable. Anyone with a review? I heard they have gas tank issues (can't fill it up all the way due to triggering the overflow on the gas pump).

My favorite right now is a new Jeep Wrangler, but they are $$$ expensive.

Mercedes GLB (resized).pngMercedes GLB (resized).png
    #1363 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinKopf:

Anyone tried or have a 2019+ Cherokee (non-Grand) to measure?

I measured the 2020 Cherokee at the Chicago Auto Show last week, it does not fit a standard pin (i.e. Stern). Only the Wrangler did. I didn't measure the Grand Cherokee, it is too big and expensive.

I am also searching for the smallest SUV that would comfortably fit a pin... Almost all current SUVs are too tapered at the hatch. Boxy designs are definitely OUT right now. Even the 2020 Subaru Forester and 2020 Ford Explorer hatch sizes are too short. 3rd row crossovers are all too cramped as well...sigh.

DISCLAIMER: I am basing the measurements on a desired cargo hatch height of 32 inches. I know this may be overkill, but I want some leeway for pool noodles or cardboard to slide without any worries.

#1364 4 years ago
    Quoted from JLebowski:

I measured the 2020 Cherokee at the Chicago Auto Show last week, it does not fit a standard pin (i.e. Stern). Only the Wrangler did. I didn't measure the Grand Cherokee, it is too big and expensive.
    I am also searching for the smallest SUV that would comfortably fit a pin... Almost all current SUVs are too tapered at the hatch. Boxy designs are definitely OUT right now. Even the 2020 Subaru Forester and 2020 Ford Explorer hatch sizes are too short. 3rd row crossovers are all too cramped as well...sigh.
    DISCLAIMER: I am basing the measurements on a desired cargo hatch height of 32 inches. I know this may be overkill, but I want some leeway for pool noodles or cardboard to slide without any worries.

Several here have tried the new RAV4s, both regular and hybrid, with success. I'm planning on getting one within the next several months myself. Another alternative is the Honda Passport. It has *plenty* of room....

#1365 4 years ago
    Quoted from JLebowski:

I'm also considering a 2020 Toyota Rav4, they are very affordable. Anyone with a review? I heard they have gas tank issues (can't fill it up all the way due to triggering the overflow on the gas pump).
    [quoted image]

That sucks about the gas tank pumping. I just read about the problem and watched some youtube videos about it. Based on my experience the problem likely will not be fixed for the models that already have the problem filling gas. I have a 2005 Mustang and it along with several years after it have the same issue and it was never resolved. Certain gas pumps such as at Costco cut off so frequently I gave up going there to get gas because it would take a long time to pump slowly. Some stations pump ok and some I can turn the gas pump upside down and fill completely in a reasonably quick amount of time.
    This Rav4 problem sounds a little more troubling in that it may be nearly impossible to fill the tank completely.
    I read that the Rav4 hybrid has a saddle style gas tank which is the same general shape they put on my Mustang. I also read that several other car models have had gas pumping issues over the years from other manufacturers.
    There supposedly is a class action lawsuit against toyota for the Rav4 2019-20 hybrids.

#1366 4 years ago

2017 VW Touareg fits but you need to lay the back seats flat and lift the bar under each back seat to slide the back seats forward when about 10 inches.

Fit Bally/WMS WPC 95 Theatre of Magic

...and a Lectro Truck dolly

F23F35EB-9196-4992-BC28-68741667E5C0 (resized).jpegF23F35EB-9196-4992-BC28-68741667E5C0 (resized).jpeg
    #1367 4 years ago

Just picked up Bally 6803 DnD in a 2017 Ford Escape, plenty of room so any pin should fit I'd think, except Herc obviously.

#1368 4 years ago
    Quoted from JLebowski:

Do you have the actual measurement of the 2020 Escape? This is what my next company car will likely be and if it won't fit Stern and B/W games with the head folded I may opt out of the program this time around. My 2018 fits most games pretty easily.

#1369 4 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

Do you have the actual measurement of the 2020 Escape? This is what my next company car will likely be and if it won't fit Stern and B/W games with the head folded I may opt out of the program this time around. My 2018 fits most games pretty easily.

I didn't mark down the measurements for the 2020 Escape, sorry! It was a little small for my specifications, but that's no guarantee it wouldn't work. I am shooting for a 32in vertical hatch measurement, and it definitely wasn't that big.

I'm going out to test drive the 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLB and the 2020 Toyota Rav4 in a few hours!

#1370 4 years ago

Bad news, the 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLB does NOT fit a pinball. The hatch is just too short vertically, only 29 inches... Back to the drawing board!

#1371 4 years ago

Anyone confirm if a modern pin will fit in a Tesla Y?
    Screenshot_20200310-111554_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200310-111554_YouTube (resized).jpg

85237515_10163336831915271_6977072534382444544_n (resized).jpg85237515_10163336831915271_6977072534382444544_n (resized).jpg
    #1372 4 years ago
    Quoted from JLebowski:

B/W & Modern Sterns will fit in 2019+ Subaru Ascent

#1373 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tkaye:

B/W & Modern Sterns will fit in 2019+ Subaru Ascent

We have one of these, but I have not tried moving a game in it yet. Thanks for posting.

#1374 4 years ago

I re-post this occasionally for information as people sometimes don't want to read through pages and pages of posts:

The space needed for most pinball games is about 31 inches. My 2012 Grand Cherokee has 30.75" clearance and a Stern Spiderman just fits...probably an 1/8" clearance if I remember correctly.

The issue with the 31" measurement is the lip at the bottom of the opening. In my Jeep, the lip is about 1/4" above the floor, but in some vehicles it can be an inch high.

What makes this measurement tricky is that the lip is usually not directly below the opening edge at the top. So measuring at an angle (lip to top) gives a deceiving number, that is this measurement is larger than the actual opening.

If it's important to be able to put a pinball in the back and the opening is about 31", some consideration needs to be taken in the height of the lip above the floor and where the lip is in relation to the opening edge at the top.

Remember that the pinball game needs to ride on the lip while it slides into the back, and it only drops down to floor level after it passes the lip. In my experience, it's the last 2 or 3 inches of sliding the game in when the game is still on the lip and the head is starting to approach the opening edge at the top.

Robert

9d5df8fb3108100311b68e787a8c4baf6884ca6e (resized).jpg9d5df8fb3108100311b68e787a8c4baf6884ca6e (resized).jpg

#1375 4 years ago

I re-post this for info too:

To those new to this thread, to find out about a specific vehicle, go to near the top of this web page (on the right hand side).

Locate the search engine called "Find in Topic". It's about 4-inches from the top of this page.

In the box "Posts Containing Key Word(s)", enter the vehicle you are interested in...and hit enter

You will be rewarded... I hope.

Robert

#1376 4 years ago

2016 Ford Edge just fits a WPC game at 29.5" with use of some handles made by a local Pinsider, who I repaired some issues on his 2 games. I know a Gottlieb system 3 will not fit as the game is too high at 31".

20200315_092413[1] (resized).jpg20200315_092413[1] (resized).jpg20200315_092338[1] (resized).jpg20200315_092338[1] (resized).jpg

#1377 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

2016 Ford Edge just fits a WPC game at 29.5" with use of some handles made by a local Pinsider, who I repaired some issues on his 2 games. I know a Gottlieb system 3 will not fit as the game is too high at 31".
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Those handles are awesome! Does anyone make those? I could use a set.

Chris

#1378 4 years ago

I fit my Aerosmith in the wife's 2018 Ford explorer with no issues.

#1379 4 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Those handles are awesome! Does anyone make those? I could use a set.
    Chris

Agreed, those are pretty clever. They would take a little time to put on / take off but could easily be worth that depending on your situation.

#1380 4 years ago

Snagged a 2020 explorer

Height at opening is 30 3/4”

Should fit

9259AA67-72AA-46FA-8F71-57FFABE59130 (resized).jpeg9259AA67-72AA-46FA-8F71-57FFABE59130 (resized).jpeg20F554DC-8CCC-4F4E-A56E-30C6154B73F2 (resized).jpeg20F554DC-8CCC-4F4E-A56E-30C6154B73F2 (resized).jpeg2F662D94-AD7E-42C8-835D-09F7DAA7AD41 (resized).jpeg2F662D94-AD7E-42C8-835D-09F7DAA7AD41 (resized).jpeg
    #1381 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I re-post this occasionally for information as people sometimes don't want to read through pages and pages of posts:
    The space needed for most pinball games is about 31 inches. My 2012 Grand Cherokee has 30.75" clearance and a Stern Spiderman just fits...probably an 1/8" clearance if I remember correctly.
    The issue with the 31" measurement is the lip at the bottom of the opening. In my Jeep, the lip is about 1/4" above the floor, but in some vehicles it can be an inch high.
    What makes this measurement tricky is that the lip is usually not directly below the opening edge at the top. So measuring at an angle (lip to top) gives a deceiving number, that is this measurement is larger than the actual opening.
    If it's important to be able to put a pinball in the back and the opening is about 31", some consideration needs to be taken in the height of the lip above the floor and where the lip is in relation to the opening edge at the top.
    Remember that the pinball game needs to ride on the lip while it slides into the back, and it only drops down to floor level after it passes the lip. In my experience, it's the last 2 or 3 inches of sliding the game in when the game is still on the lip and the head is starting to approach the opening edge at the top.
    Robert
    [quoted image]

check the lip!! I would be disappointed if a pin does not fit in there it is a pretty big vehicle

#1382 4 years ago

Anyone know if a pin can fit in a 2012 Infiniti QX56 ?

#1383 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mando:

Anyone know if a pin can fit in a 2012 Infiniti QX56 ?

It does !

#1384 4 years ago

Can confirm that a modern Spooky can fit in a 2018 Nissan Pathfinder. It's tight around the corners and you have to push up on the headliner, or squeeze it in, but it will work. Also would be a good idea to put cardboard over the crease where the floor meets the plastic trim in the hatch. The game likes to get caught on that lip.

2 weeks later
    #1385 3 years ago

2014 Ford Focus Hatchback - fit a new Stern (Deadpool). Head had to be removed. Dolly would be a tight fit if you have a passenger.

#1386 3 years ago
    Quoted from marspinball:

Anyone confirm if a modern pin will fit in a Tesla Y?
    [quoted image][quoted image]

I’ve been trying to get dimensions of the cargo area from new owners on other forums. No responses yet. I have a Model 3 that I really love, but will trade up to a Y Performance (and ditch my RAV4) if pins fit.

2 weeks later
    #1387 3 years ago

If any one is interested... with a little work, you CAN get a Data East/WPC pin in a 4 Dr VW Golf TDI. Will likely be investing in a trailer hitch for future moved though.

Fits fully assembled (albeit heavy) through all the doors of my apartment. Through the doorway in my parents basement... now that’s another question.

AF10295C-7B08-4ADD-B3B1-71A88854B492 (resized).jpegAF10295C-7B08-4ADD-B3B1-71A88854B492 (resized).jpeg
    #1388 3 years ago
    Quoted from radial_head:

If any one is interested... with a little work, you CAN get a Data East/WPC pin in a 4 Dr VW Golf TDI. Will likely be investing in a trailer hitch for future moved though.
    Fits fully assembled (albeit heavy) through all the doors of my apartment. Through the doorway in my parents basement... now that’s another question.[quoted image]

Driving home in a VW Golf with a pin in the back.

car (resized).pngcar (resized).png
    #1389 3 years ago

2019 Subaru Forester fits a Deadpool pro. Seatbelt hump is a minor inconvenience but you can make it work

0D7500EC-E9D3-4BF1-94A3-87BA66714A25 (resized).jpeg0D7500EC-E9D3-4BF1-94A3-87BA66714A25 (resized).jpeg
    #1390 3 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Driving home in a VW Golf with a pin in the back.[quoted image]

There are some perks to being 5’3”...

#1391 3 years ago

2009 Ford Taurus X with High Speed. Fit like a glove!

IMG_6941 (resized).JPGIMG_6941 (resized).JPG
    #1392 3 years ago

2012 Highlander will NOT fit a 6803 coin door in first. Not sure if it would work coin door last but we did not try.
    I decided to just hire a truck for the short haul.

#1393 3 years ago
    Quoted from gameover1173:

2012 soul will fit a pin
    But you need to push passenger seat all the way up and unbolt the head and slide it as far up to the coin door as far as possible
    I have moved 2 wpc and a data east
    All 3 fit with hatch closed but a tight fit

We have a 2011 Soul and have fit a full size Washing machine and Dryer in the back while still boxed (not in the same trip of course). Have not tried a pin yet. But good to know since I have had the bug lately to get another game but dont have my truck anymore. Just the wifes Soul and my company Corrolla.

#1394 3 years ago

Is it safe to assume an Black Knight would fit into a (approx) 10yr old Porche Cayenne since the head comes off during transit? My ride options are limited during covid and I drive a Sentra. The only friend that I know would for sure be willing to help out drives a Cayenne.
    The list says no but I think it means more modern fold body.

#1395 3 years ago
    Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Is it safe to assume an Black Knight would fit into a (approx) 10yr old Porche Cayenne since the head comes off during transit? My ride options are limited during covid and I drive a Sentra. The only friend that I know would for sure be willing to help out drives a Cayenne.
    The list says no but I think it means more modern fold body.

I would almost bet it would fit in the cayenne, for that reason you mention. the head removes.

#1396 3 years ago

How about the 2018 - 2020 Buick Enclaves, anyone know if a pin fits in one of those (I know it's got plenty of length to fit, just wondering if there's enough height clearance to slide one in)?

#1397 3 years ago

Anyone have any pin hauling experience with the new 2019-2020 Hyundai Santa Fe?

1 week later
    #1398 3 years ago
    Quoted from flipper-happy:

2006 Honda Pilot. Easily fit the Williams & Data East machines I have moved.[quoted image]

Awesome, my dad has a 2005 Honda Pilot that I was thinking of borrowing when I need to pickup pins in bad weather. Normally I use my Dodge Dakota pickup. It's nice to know that it can fit a pin no problem. Just fold the seats down and good to go? Think a cart would go beside it, or not?

#1399 3 years ago

I just moved a Black Knight in a 2011 Jeep Patriot. Obviously it's big enough. Just a heads up though to put the head in first as it is to tall to clear the back gate. It needs to be laid over on its side to clear the entrance but stands up fine once inside. If the body is already loaded in the jeep there is no room to maneuver the head.

2011 jeep patriot
    Williams early ss
    Head first, all good

#1400 3 years ago

Anyone fit 2 EMs in their SUV? Mine is a 2018 Pathfinder and I'll be picking up a Wedgehead and a 70s Williams single player. I figured if I load teh cabinets on their sides, the cabinets would fit, and the heads would either go in the front pass. seat or right behind the front seats.

There are 2,555 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in/page/28?hl=pinballjj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.