Topic Stats

• 2,568 posts
  • 809 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by DarthPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 187 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9289 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_3842 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3843 (resized).jpeg
    Hobbit_Collective_Move (resized).jpg
    IMG_7132 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3737 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3734 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3735 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3733 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3736 (resized).jpeg
    20240318_101947 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.55?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.35?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,568 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 52.
    #1301 4 years ago
    Quoted from kechlesurf:

Perfect. I thought it would but wanted to make sure before i got and rent one and carry the machines out only to find they dont fit. A minivan would be a better option than a cargo van as the cargo van would hold two machines but the gas milage wouldnt be that great.

If you do use a minivan, make sure to put down moving blankets over hooks in floor if they just up when seats removed. I would also recommend some 2" PVC pipe rollers to make loading easier. Go to Home depot, but a piece of 8 foot, 2" PVC and have them cut it into thirds... rolling them into van once at the gate is butter and it will run you around 3$.

#1302 4 years ago

2016 Ford Escape with system 11 loaded. The picture is a little deceptive. There is a little over an inch of clearance.
    IMG_20190601_103533 (resized).jpgIMG_20190601_103533 (resized).jpg

#1303 4 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

If you do use a minivan, make sure to put down moving blankets over hooks in floor if they just up when seats removed. I would also recommend some 2" PVC pipe rollers to make loading easier. Go to Home depot, but a piece of 8 foot, 2" PVC and have them cut it into thirds... rolling them into van once at the gate is butter and it will run you around 3$.

Great suggestion on the PVC piping to be used as rollers. Will definitely add that to the list when i move machines. Ive been putting cardboard down to make it easier to slide but not anymore.

#1304 4 years ago

Based on measuring I “should” be able to fit into my 2015 Escalade ESV. It would be the same as the suburban or Yukon xl. Can anyone confirm?
    Thanks!

#1305 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kneeno:

Based on measuring I “should” be able to fit into my 2015 Escalade ESV. It would be the same as the suburban or Yukon xl. Can anyone confirm?
    Thanks!

Thread search is your friend: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in?tq=suburban&tu=

#1306 4 years ago

I did some searching and found nothing about a hybrid; so Transporting an xfiles pinball; will it fit in 2016 rav4 hybrid? I did the measurement and it looks good; but curious with the back party down.

#1307 4 years ago
    Quoted from La4s:

2016 Ford Escape with system 11 loaded. The picture is a little deceptive. There is a little over an inch of clearance.
    [quoted image]

Thank you!!
    I also have a 2016 Escape and wondered how tight of a fit it would be.

#1308 4 years ago

Does anyone know if a newer stern will fit behind the 2nd row seats of a grand caravan or a Honda oddesey? Or similar. Need to transport 4 adults and pin. I know a truck will work.

#1309 4 years ago
    Quoted from Quint:

Thank you!!
    I also have a 2016 Escape and wondered how tight of a fit it would be.

I always take a piece of wood to put under the back of the machine to raise it up so it sits flat on the back of the seats. otherwise it pivots on the lip caused by the seats being folded done, and can cause damage were the lip and seats connect.

#1310 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinwhoo:

Does anyone know if a newer stern will fit behind the 2nd row seats of a grand caravan or a Honda oddesey? Or similar. Need to transport 4 adults and pin. I know a truck will work.

Not safely... i dont believe you can fit one in front to back. What should work would be goofy. Ihave put 2 pins in my Honda odyssey with one sideways immediately behid the driver and one going front to back behind that. You could remove all the seats, fold the rear ones down flat. Slide a pin in and put it side to side behind the driver, then put the rear seats back up with passengers entering from the trunk. As an Odyssey owner thats the only thing short of fenting a trailer I can think of. Note that even though it looks like they will fit a pin will not make it in through sliding doors. Search this thread for my name for pictures of 3 in an odyssey.

#1311 4 years ago

Learned the hard way about eight years ago that a pinball machine will not fit in a Prius.

B124A7AB-7A6B-4250-BDB7-90D067C6AD72 (resized).jpegB124A7AB-7A6B-4250-BDB7-90D067C6AD72 (resized).jpeg
    #1312 4 years ago

Not safely... i dont believe you can fit one in front to back. What should work would be goofy. Ihave put 2 pins in my Honda odyssey with one sideways immediately behid the driver and one going front to back behind that. You could remove all the seats, fold the rear ones down flat. Slide a pin in and put it side to side behind the driver, then put the rear seats back up with passengers entering from the trunk. As an Odyssey owner thats the only thing short of fenting a trailer I can think of. Note that even though it looks like they will fit a pin will not make it in through sliding doors. Search this thread for my name for pictures of 3 in an odyssey.

Thanks for the input.
    Think we'll stay safe and get a truck.

Merry Christmas to all.

2 weeks later
    #1313 4 years ago

Does anyone know if the new Mazda CX-30 will fit a pinball machine? My gut says no but if it does... that would be so sweet

#1314 4 years ago

My 2011 Chevy Equinox has a nice 32" tall back door for a mid size (5 seat) SUV, and can fit a Stern or BW with the head down.

Looking for a 2019 midsize SUV, but not much has the same 32" tall back door, even the current Equinox is smaller.

I found the CRV and the RAV4 would work. Anyone have other mid sized SUV recommendations?

#1315 4 years ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

My 2011 Chevy Equinox has a nice 32" tall back door for a mid size (5 seat) SUV, and can fit a Stern or BW with the head down.
    Looking for a 2019 midsize SUV, but not much has the same 32" tall back door, even the current Equinox is smaller.
    I found the CRV and the RAV4 would work. Anyone have other mid sized SUV recommendations?

Ford Escape. I would assume the Hyundai and kias. Not sure on the new forester :/

#1316 4 years ago

With heads folded down are modern sterns or old bally Williams games taller?
    Looking at the modern stern in the new rav4 with barely any clearance and don't want to buy it if it wont fit Williams games from the funhouse era.
    Thanks.

#1317 4 years ago
    Quoted from luckycreature:

With heads folded down are modern sterns or old bally Williams games taller?
    Looking at the modern stern in the new rav4 with barely any clearance and don't want to buy it if it wont fit Williams games from the funhouse era.
    Thanks.

I fit my friends Demo Man (1994 B/W) in my 2019 rav4 hybrid ok. I know it’s not funhouse but is a widebody Williams and if fit, so thought it might be a good data point for you.

#1318 4 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Ford Escape. I would assume the Hyundai and kias. Not sure on the new forester :/

We need someone to measure the hatch opening on the new 2020 Escape, the rear hatch sure looks smaller than the out-going model.

#1319 4 years ago

I have used my wife's Mazda5 several times to move pins... mostly EMs...

#1320 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lathroum:

I have used my wife's Mazda5 several times to move pins... mostly EMs...

?CX5 , what year is it?

#1321 4 years ago

Mazda5 != CX-5

8EBAA774-13B6-4CA2-AF23-A6010639E645 (resized).jpeg8EBAA774-13B6-4CA2-AF23-A6010639E645 (resized).jpeg
    #1322 4 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

We need someone to measure the hatch opening on the new 2020 Escape, the rear hatch sure looks smaller than the out-going model.

ugh, they need to stop shrinking the rear.

#1323 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballjj:

?CX5 , what year is it?

A Mazda5 and a CX5 are two different vehicles completely...

I can fit a pin, head and hand truck in my wife's Mazda5 and close it up easily...

#1324 4 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

ugh, they need to stop shrinking the rear.

That’s what she said.

#1326 4 years ago
    Quoted from robgo777:

Just picked up a JJP WoZ ECLE and was able to fit it nicely into a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit. Loaded it in front first, shrink wrapped with moving blankets wrapped around the top and bottom. The top sides of the backbox rub slightly on the roof plastic of the jeep that is at the tailgate, but the plastic piece has some play in it so isn't a big deal. Sorry I totally forget to take a pic... was too excited to get it out and inside
    In the past I have also loaded the following games in the same Jeep with plenty of clearance at the entry:
    Stern POTC
    Champion Pub
    Hurricane
    Black Rose
    Rescue 911
    Apollo 13
    TZ
    Who Dunnit
    Stern Star Wars Pro
    Monopoly
    Haven't run into a machine that I wasn't able to fit yet, but I am sure there may be some out there. All of these machines fit with plenty of room front and back without having to move the front seats forward. There is also plenty of room to the side of the machine to slide a furniture dolly in after the machine is loaded.
    Hope that helps someone out!
    Best Regards,
    Robert Goebel
    Pinshakers
    www.pinshakers.com

I know a NIB WOZ wont fit in a newer jeep grand cherokee...

#1327 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

I know a NIB WOZ wont fit in a newer jeep grand cherokee...

Yeah, there's a lot smaller list of vehicles that will haul a game in the box, even most pickup trucks won't hold it with a cover (not a cap) on it. Most minivans would as long as you can fold or remove the seats.

#1328 4 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

Yeah, there's a lot smaller list of vehicles that will haul a game in the box, even most pickup trucks won't hold it with a cover (not a cap) on it. Most minivans would as long as you can fold or remove the seats.

I said this a while ago, but my NIB WOZ fit in my 4 door Jeep Wrangler..

#1329 4 years ago

Moved a TZ in a Pacifica last week, possible space for 2 standards?
    20200118_183910 (resized).jpg20200118_183910 (resized).jpg

#1330 4 years ago

2008 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS. Able to move pins in it with the rear seats folded forward. Have successfully moved Judge Dredd and Junkyard (guess i like "J" machines...)

The nice thing on that year of Outlander is that it has a drop down tailgate, so it makes loading the pin a breeze. They removed that feature from later models unfortunately.

I think that the Outlander Sports have smaller cargo areas, so those probably would not work.

#1331 4 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

Moved a TZ in a Pacifica last week, possible space for 2 standards?
    [quoted image]

I had one of these as a loaner once when my Durango was in for service. Not a fan of the styling, but the damn thing was CAVERNOUS inside. Rode nicely too. I can see why minivans are popular.

Chris

#1332 4 years ago

Ford Flex fits two pins but one needs to have the head removed. Pretty easy with the old Williams pre-WPC games. The headless one goes sideways against the front seats. Next one in normal, head folded. Put the removed head next to the complete machine and you're golden.

Shout out to RustyLizard for the Tetris assist.

IMG_3036 (resized).JPGIMG_3036 (resized).JPGIMG_3037 (resized).JPGIMG_3037 (resized).JPG
    #1333 4 years ago
    Quoted from pmppk:

Learned the hard way about eight years ago that a pinball machine will not fit in a Prius.[quoted image]

It WILL fit in a prius if you take the backbox off. The backbox may need to go on the front passenger seat though, depending on the game.

#1334 4 years ago
    Quoted from charliex:

I have a Toyota FJ cruiser and I can fit any widebody pin in it no problem. Perfect pin hauler.

Good to know! Thanks for this thread. I didn't think one would fit so I rented a truck but now I know. What about the bit of incline that exists after putting the back seats down? I'd hate to cause bending where it has that slope.

#1335 4 years ago

2015 Ford Escape will haul one with the back box down and the legs off.

#1336 4 years ago
    Quoted from CameronMcCasland:

2015 Ford Escape will haul one with the back box down and the legs off.

It will not haul a gottlieb sys 3 unless you unscrew the backbox and slide it forward. :/ otherwise I've had no issues with that gen and fitting games.

1 week later
    #1337 4 years ago
    Quoted from eh97ac:

Wife and I kept our old 2003 Honda CRV. Fits golf clubs, hockey bags + a keg and pins. I have moved a Bally widebody with head on the side, System 11 with folded head and WPC with folded head. All fit just right with the door closing properly

I have a 2004 CRV and was able to transport a Spanish Eyes and WPC in it successfully.

When we loaded the WPC, we initially had the seats folded down and upright. We were unable to close the door though, so we folded the seats down from their upright/stowed position (only the rear of the seats are folded at this time) and angled the game as we loaded it into the hatch.

If you have a similar vehicle, I suggest you load the front of the game first as it is lighter and therefore easier to lift/angle than the rear.

#1338 4 years ago

2003 Mazda 2 fits a pinball machine, but no space for protection blankets or something so thinking of removong the back seats
    20200208_150313_HDR (resized).jpg20200208_150313_HDR (resized).jpg

#1339 4 years ago

I am on my way to the motortrend international auto show in Baltimore! For the next 3 hours, i will he roaming around a hall with over 500 new vehicles. I am bringing a tape measure and will happily measure the height of any trunk.

#1340 4 years ago

I am on my way to the motortrend international auto show in Baltimore! For the next 3 hours, i will he roaming around a hall with over 500 new vehicles. I am bringing a tape measure and will happily measure the height of any trunk.

Stern should make an inflatable that blows up to the size of a folded pinball machine. like a bunch of inflatable tubes connected to form the outer edges.

#1341 4 years ago

Did a thread search for Scion XB's but only find stuff on the first generation up to 2006.

Anybody using a 2008 or newer XB to haul pins?

Thanks for any feedback.

#1342 4 years ago

Looking at a 2020 explorer, anyone load one with a pin? They changed the floor around some....

#1343 4 years ago
    Quoted from misterschu:

Stern should make an inflatable that blows up to the size of a folded pinball machine. like a bunch of inflatable tubes connected to form the outer edges.

I was thinking of making a skeleton frame at pinball machine dimensions out of pvc pipe that I could break down and take with me the next time I go car shopping !

#1344 4 years ago
    Quoted from misterschu:

Quoted from pinballjj:

I was thinking of making a skeleton frame at pinball machine dimensions out of pvc pipe that I could break down and take with me the next time I go car shopping !

As someone who is SUV shopping right now that's one major complaint I have with all car review magazines and services: they either determine cargo capacity by Cu Ft (don't forget that 3/4 of a Cu Ft in the seatbelt crack!), carry on suitcases (like I carry more than 2 of those) and even ping pong balls!!! Just tell me the size of the largest rectangular box I can put in the vehicle and close all the doors, with the second row up or down.....That's all...very simple.....but no, that would be too easy!

#1345 4 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

As someone who is SUV shopping right now that's one major complaint I have with all car review magazines and services: they either determine cargo capacity by Cu Ft (don't forget that 3/4 of a Cu Ft in the seatbelt crack!), carry on suitcases (like I carry more than 2 of those) and even ping pong balls!!! Just tell me the size of the largest rectangular box I can put in the vehicle and close all the doors, with the second row up or down.....That's all...very simple.....but no, that would be too easy!

Exactly. Many options have a lot of space ONCE you get through the small hatch opening. This is why I went with a Durango. The roofline isn't raked in the back like so many other vehicles, so the hatch works for my needs.

Chris

#1346 4 years ago

Anyone have any experience loading a WPC game into an Infiniti QX60? I found one post in this topic that said it is not possible but they didn't say what the game was. There's plenty of room once through the opening but it's getting through that concerns me. I folded down the head of another game to take measurements.It's about 29 1/4 at its tallest point and my opening is barely 29 1/2 so it's very close. I know I can always take the head off but hoping not to do that.

#1347 4 years ago
    Quoted from crazypinballguy:

Did a thread search for Scion XB's but only find stuff on the first generation up to 2006.
    Anybody using a 2008 or newer XB to haul pins?
    Thanks for any feedback.

Asked and answered my own question. Hope it helps someone who might need the same info.

Yes, a 2010 Scion XB can haul a pin, no problem ... well, at least a 1993 Data East LAH.

Picked it up today.

20200215_113753 (resized).jpg20200215_113753 (resized).jpg
    #1348 4 years ago

I hauled a WOC ECLE and a Sega Harley Davidson in my 2012 GMC Terrrain. Back seats down and rear hatch closed.

#1349 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jackrabbt:

I hauled a WOC ECLE and a Sega Harley Davidson in my 2012 GMC Terrrain. Back seats down and rear hatch closed.

At the same time? Or separate trips?

Chris

#1350 4 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

At the same time? Or separate trips?
    Chris

I hope that is separate or one would be on the roof :-p

There are 2,568 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in/page/27?hl=lathroum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.