Topic Stats

• 2,555 posts
  • 806 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Boat
  • Topic is favorited by 188 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7132 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3737 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3734 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3735 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3733 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3736 (resized).jpeg
    20240318_101947 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.55?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.35?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.27?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.46?PM (resized).png
    IMG_0296 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4899 (resized).jpeg
    Peel P50 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,555 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 52.
    #1152 4 years ago

Hybrid has a huge bump under the back seats. We backed out as I don’t think a pin will fit. A non hybrid RAV4 is no problem (for 2016 at least), but we didn’t like how that one drove. Guess the search continues.

#1153 4 years ago
    Quoted from dnapac:

Guess the search continues.

Wait for 2022 for this thing!!! I would want one. The ole Jetta might be due to retire by then.

https://www.caranddriver.com/volkswagen/microbus

vwb (resized).jpgvwb (resized).jpg
    #1154 4 years ago
    Quoted from dnapac:

Be careful with pinwiki. Unless your specific year is listed...it’s a gamble. Chevrolet Equinox says good 2005+...but some years won’t fit. Car manufacturers are always changing their specs slightly, and if it’s a tight fit one year, it may not fit in next years model.

Depends on what pin you're hauling also!

#1155 4 years ago

Probably been posted before but standard body pins fit perfectly in a 5th gen 4Runner with the seats down. We've moved CGC, Spooky, Stern and Jersey Jack. There are plenty of spots to attach tie downs but if we are going short distances we don't bother.

I've never done a wide body but I'm 99% sure it would fit as well.

#1156 4 years ago

09 Ford Flex NIB confirmed.

848F7BCE-A076-474F-8FDC-CFE2173369ED (resized).jpeg848F7BCE-A076-474F-8FDC-CFE2173369ED (resized).jpeg
    #1157 4 years ago

No room in the sequoia, this worked better then expected.

IMG_4086 (resized).JPGIMG_4086 (resized).JPG
    #1158 4 years ago

92'-96' Toyota Camry Wagon confirmed fit. Great cars if you can find one!

IMG_20190710_200230 (resized).jpgIMG_20190710_200230 (resized).jpg
    #1159 4 years ago
    Quoted from SDAmusements:

No room in the sequoia, this worked better then expected.[quoted image]

Thanks for posting, love creative ideas.

#1160 4 years ago

2020 Mitsubishi eclipse..black Knight 1980 Williams?

#1161 4 years ago

No room in the sequoia, this worked better then expected.[quoted image]

I'd be very nervous about heat from the exhaust in that situation but I'm sure it depends on the placement and varies vehicle to vehicle. I had a cooler, some chairs, etc. wrapped in an old winter pool cover (heavy tarp essentially) on the back of my Range Rover sport and the exhaust melted two holes in the tarp even though it didn't seem to really be that close to the exhaust tips. Plenty of similar reports of reflective corners on the cheap carriers melting from vehicl exhaust as well.

#1162 4 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

I'd be very nervous about heat from the exhaust in that situation but I'm sure it depends on the placement and varies vehicle to vehicle. I had a cooler, some chairs, etc. wrapped in an old winter pool cover (heavy tarp essentially) on the back of my Range Rover sport and the exhaust melted two holes in the tarp even though it didn't seem to really be that close to the exhaust tips. Plenty of similar reports of reflective corners on the cheap carriers melting from vehicl exhaust as well.

He was hauling a "Fire"

#1163 4 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

He was hauling a "Fire"

Ha, I didn't even think of that!

#1164 4 years ago

ghostbusters would not fit in my wifes 2014 jeep compass

#1165 4 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

Didn't think about that, maybe if you got stuck in traffic you might run into an problem, but since a exhaust is next to plastic bumpers without any issue think it will be fine.

#1166 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Anyone have insight into the Mazda CX-5? I test drove a bunch of cars a few days ago: CR-V, RAV4, and the CX-5.
    They're all good vehicles, but the Mazda really feels the best. The RAV4 is good, but it feels like Toyota is resting on their laurels a bit, and the CR-V while being objectively the best overall option, is still having engine issues with the oil dilution. The Mazda felt like a luxury vehicle to me in nearly every aspect: Ride, handling, fit and finish, and quietness were all far better than the competitors, despite the smaller cargo area.
    I measured the cargo area of the CX-5 and it should theoretically fit a pinball machine, but it'll be tight. Anyone have any real world experience with the 2017+ models?

A friend - and fellow Pinsider MBT - uses his CX-5 to move all his pins and most of mine as well.

Anyone know about a BMW X1? I doubt it, but you never know.

#1167 4 years ago

hahaha.

smart_versus_starwars (resized).jpgsmart_versus_starwars (resized).jpg
    #1168 4 years ago

Didn't think about that, maybe if you got stuck in traffic you might run into an problem, but since a exhaust is next to plastic bumpers without any issue think it will be fine.

The bumpers likely have a much, much higher melting temperature than decals or paint and definitely higher than a moving blanket, tarp or God forbid, shrink wrap. But the real problem is that the exhaust gas is never directed at the bumper like it could be the pin sitting on your carrier. I don't think it would take long at all at highway speeds to seriously damage decals or even paint on a pin if the gas is hitting it directly. Yours looks fine from what I can tell because the pin is not directly in front of the exhaust pipe but other vehicles with them more in the middle could be a big issue.

http://blog.stowaway2.com/2014/04/protect-your-stowaway-from-the-damage-of-exhaust/

#1169 4 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

The bumpers likely have a much, much higher melting temperature than decals or paint and definitely higher than a moving blanket, tarp or God forbid, shrink wrap. But the real problem is that the exhaust gas is never directed at the bumper like it could be the pin sitting on your carrier. I don't think it would take long at all at highway speeds to seriously damage decals or even paint on a pin if the gas is hitting it directly. Yours looks fine from what I can tell because the pin is not directly in front of the exhaust pipe but other vehicles with them more in the middle could be a big issue.
    http://blog.stowaway2.com/2014/04/protect-your-stowaway-from-the-damage-of-exhaust/

Edit: it can even melt a carbon fiber bike wheel from 14 inches away: https://forums.mtbr.com/california-norcal/psa-dont-put-bike-rack-too-close-exhaust-934298.html

#1170 4 years ago

2012 Dodge Caravan.
    I can fit 3 pins in at the same time.

sys12 (resized).jpgsys12 (resized).jpg
    #1171 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

A friend - and fellow Pinsider MBT - uses his CX-5 to move all his pins and most of mine as well.

Thanks! Went and measured it at the dealership from every conceivable angle, and should fit just about every pin just fine—excluding System 3.

I actually ended up buying one. Got a 2019 Grand Touring in black. Spent extra money to get the added package too, so it has ventilated seats, a HUD, heated steering wheel, heated rear seats, and power folding mirrors. Even though it doesn’t have the biggest cargo area compared to the competition, the price build quality, and feature set can’t be beat, doesn’t have a CVT, tows more weight than the CR-V and RAV4, and is as quiet as a Lexus NX on the highway. Highly recommended for anyone car shopping.

B91D613A-9BD1-422B-AB3F-8664E6B4C43D (resized).jpegB91D613A-9BD1-422B-AB3F-8664E6B4C43D (resized).jpeg

#1172 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Thanks! Went and measured it at the dealership from every conceivable angle, and should fit just about every pin just fine—excluding System 3.
    I actually ended up buying one. Got a 2019 Grand Touring in black. Spent extra money to get the added package too, so it has ventilated seats, a HUD, heated steering wheel, heated rear seats, and power folding mirrors. Even though it doesn’t have the biggest cargo area compared to the competition, the price build quality, and feature set can’t be beat, doesn’t have a CVT, tows more weight than the CR-V and RAV4, and is as quiet as a Lexus NX on the highway. Highly recommended for anyone car shopping.
    [quoted image]

That Mazda is a great SUV. I wanted one, but my wife is anti-SUV (I know, “Grow a pair”, etc.), but since she’s otherwise perfect (haha) I humor her. She is pretty freaking perfect though.

We literally WON a BMW X1 this year (2018 model) and by my measurement, there is no way it fits a modern pin whole, with the top folded, but maybe someone will surprise me with a success story.

#1173 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

[quoted image]

the cx-5 is a great choice in that segment, it's definitely the sportiest of the bunch. it just feels less roomy and a bit cramped compared to the CRV, like you suggested. Still a very good car, good luck with it. do you think you could get a pin and an escalera in it?

#1174 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Still a very good car, good luck with it. do you think you could get a pin and an escalera in it?

Thanks! It’s my first new car, so I’m really excited about it. Surprisingly, it actually has more passenger volume/rear leg room than the brand new RAV4. So, while it may feel cramped, I think that just might be an illusion. It definitely felt like it had more power than the RAV4 too, even though it has less power on paper. But the Mazda engine hits max torque and hp lower in the revs than the Toyota does, so it’s much more usable power and you don’t have to beat the hell out of the engine to get it all. You can tell Mazda is “hungry” and has something to prove in this vehicle segment, where I felt Toyota was resting on their laurels.

Something tells me that both an escalera and a pin would be a tight fit, but could be doable with some clever puzzle solving. Right now, the car is too fresh for me to try to squeeze stuff in, but when I get brave enough to try, I’ll report back.

#1175 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

[quoted image]

Dealer in Pa?

#1176 4 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Dealer in Pa?

Yea. Peruzzi Mazda in Fairless Hills. They gave me the best deal out of all the other dealers in the area, and it was a very low pressure environment there.

#1177 4 years ago

Has anyone tried to fit a pin into a 2019 Acura RDX?

#1178 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

[quoted image]

When I got my Durango, I thought a heated steering wheel was the most pretentious, unnecessary feature. but it was there, so whatever. Now I wouldn't buy a vehicle without it.

Enjoy your new ride!

Chris

#1179 4 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

When I got my Durango, I thought a heated steering wheel was the most pretentious, unnecessary feature. but it was there, so whatever. Now I wouldn't buy a vehicle without it.
    Enjoy your new ride!
    Chris

The new Wrangler JL have that option also th 2.0 L I4 in the new wranglers make 25-30mpg making them great pin haulers and can tow 3500 lbs

#1180 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

[quoted image]

Do you think you can get a NIB pin in it, in the box?? I like the Mazda CX5 too and I am curious. I really like that it doesn't have a CVT, I had one in a Mini Cooper and it just always feels like the clutch is slipping, I know, no clutch, but that is the feeling.

#1181 4 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Enjoy your new ride!
    Chris

Slightly off-topic but I think that electric-powered head rest adjustment is the most pretentious, unnecessary feature I've ever encountered in a vehicle. However if you switch drivers often and they're significantly different in stature, having that saved is actually kinda nice. Heating steering wheel is definitely a must now.

#1182 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinsOnly:

Do you think you can get a NIB pin in it, in the box?? I like the Mazda CX5 too and I am curious. I really like that it doesn't have a CVT, I had one in a Mini Cooper and it just always feels like the clutch is slipping, I know, no clutch, but that is the feeling.

No clue what box measurements are for NIB games, but I'll measure the cargo area this afternoon if someone gives it to me.

I definitely agree with you about the whole clutch thing. My last car was a 2002 Accord with a 5-speed manual. Clutch was starting to go, and the CVTs I test drove reminded me exactly of the car I was trying to get rid of. However, the CVTs in the Honda were way better than CVTs of yore. It emulated a stepped transmission, but then at that point, why even bother with the CVT in the first place? I also didn't want to have to deal with the added complexity of a turbo, so the Mazda satisfied both mechanical requirements: no turbo and no cvt, though you can get a turbo on the higher trims now.

#1183 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinsOnly:

In the box pins will not fit in any smaller SUV I can think of. Most minivans easily, as well as some full size SUVs, but no way in a CX-5.

#1184 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

No clue what box measurements are for NIB games, but I'll measure the cargo area this afternoon if someone gives it to me.

Stern 31x31x56.

#1185 4 years ago

Toyota Highlander 2018 can fit two machines! (And still have space for tools, 1 passenger and luggage too!)

IMG_8651 (resized).jpgIMG_8651 (resized).jpg
    #1186 4 years ago

Did anyone ever see how much smaller a 2019 rav4 is from a 2018? I have an opportunity to get one as a work car and wanted to see how it stacks up.

1 week later
    #1187 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

Did anyone ever see how much smaller a 2019 rav4 is from a 2018? I have an opportunity to get one as a work car and wanted to see how it stacks up.

These things never get smaller and the 2019 Rav-4 is no exception it holds more than the prior model. Though it's not going to win any Motor Trend awards as it's motor, transmission and suspension* got it 4th place in a recent shootout. The Honda CR-V wins again.

* they did like the new interior.

#1188 4 years ago

2002 4Runner. Best suv of the time

0F9AE7BF-E4F7-4D57-B1D5-BD543550DC60 (resized).jpeg0F9AE7BF-E4F7-4D57-B1D5-BD543550DC60 (resized).jpeg
    #1189 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

I was able to take some measurements. And they did make it worse for pin hauling. Still had a flat load in no lip. But the center load in height is now 32 inches. And between the wheel wells is now 39.5. The last disappointment is the seats don’t 100 percent fold down flat. The 2018 is a better fit.

#1190 4 years ago

8 foot F150 with a cap can fit 4 pins and an arcade game and a crane machine and a hand truck lol
    IMG_20190801_191215 (resized).jpgIMG_20190801_191215 (resized).jpgIMG_20190801_194327 (resized).jpgIMG_20190801_194327 (resized).jpg

#1191 4 years ago

Worried about rain and transporting in my p/u truck tomorrow.
    Would a widebody (IJPA) fit in a Honda HRV? I think it's a 2018.

#1192 4 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Worried about rain and transporting in my p/u truck tomorrow.
    Would a widebody (IJPA) fit in a Honda HRV? I think it's a 2018.

Better find a measurement first.....it’s raining here today and t storms.

#1193 4 years ago

Done and verified by myself- I will add to this post as I move and verify other games fit in it.

2008 Chevy Equinox Sport

Will fit with all doors closed (and no room for passengers)

3 Woodrail pinballs
    1 8ft shuffle alley (Keeney Deluxe Bowler) and hand truck
    1 WPC (The Shadow) and hand truck
    2 60-70s EMs (Gridiron, Deluxe Fun Cruise)
    1 Gottlieb wide body (Genie) and hand truck

#1194 4 years ago
    Quoted from FtrMech:

My Ford Explorer works perfect...pick up a sheet of Masonite from Home Depot for about $10 and lay it in the back with the seats folded down...have them cut it to 3ft x 6ft and the machine slides right in and out with ease everytime.

Just picked up a 2017 Ford Explorer. Was wondering what to do about the folded seats and moving pinballs. I will have to give this a try. Anything that helps with the transportation is fantastic.

Use to own a 2013 Lincoln MKX (until my buddy totaled it at Pintastic this year, that is another story), and it fit almost every game no problem. Only game I ever had trouble with was Pistol Poker, which had to hang out the back a little. Moved a WOZ and widebody GnR and Genie, no problem.

#1195 4 years ago

Its Stupid tall and tricky but rented a Ford Expedition Max recently...

20190727_093547 (resized).jpg20190727_093547 (resized).jpg20190727_104024 (resized).jpg20190727_104024 (resized).jpg
    #1196 4 years ago

I’m not sure how much smaller the 2019 rav4 is compared to the 2018 but I really liked the new body style and am in the market. So I rented one to test. It’s now verified (2019 rav4 non-hybrid) will hold a stern Star Trek, Costco dolly, chair, legs and tool bag.

4D68A84B-981A-4A44-8928-ED787A8F7B32 (resized).jpeg4D68A84B-981A-4A44-8928-ED787A8F7B32 (resized).jpegA2074C65-9F6E-4EBC-9437-3EA699809171 (resized).jpegA2074C65-9F6E-4EBC-9437-3EA699809171 (resized).jpeg
    #1197 4 years ago
    Quoted from bajm:

I’m not sure how much smaller the 2019 rav4 is compared to the 2018 but I really liked the new body style and am in the market. So I rented one to test. It’s now verified (2019 rav4 non-hybrid) will hold a stern Star Trek, Costco dolly, chair, legs and tool bag.[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice I see what you did with the tool bag placement. Getting it in was it tight height wise was there rub? Or was there some wiggle room.

#1198 4 years ago
    Quoted from bajm:

I’m not sure how much smaller the 2019 rav4 is compared to the 2018 but I really liked the new body style and am in the market. So I rented one to test. It’s now verified (2019 rav4 non-hybrid) will hold a stern Star Trek, Costco dolly, chair, legs and tool bag.[quoted image][quoted image]

I have read that previous Rav4 hybrids have a raised bed so I am guessing it would not work in the hybrids if that is the case with the 2019 Rav4.

#1199 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

Nice I see what you did with the tool bag placement. Getting it in was it tight height wise was there rub? Or was there some wiggle room.

No rub - seems like a little more than an inch clearance. I watched it closely as I loaded/unloaded. Unfortunately, the angle of the picture doesn’t show it well.

#1200 4 years ago
    Quoted from bajm:

I’m not sure how much smaller the 2019 rav4 is

I have a 2013 Rav, and it has plenty of room for the biggest of pins. I don’t think Toyota made them any smaller for subsequent years. The hybrid isn’t a pin-hauler. You lose way too much height. Maybe with taking the head off but who wants to do that on a regular basis.

38C031FC-F187-4AB1-AA25-053C6F7A262C (resized).jpeg38C031FC-F187-4AB1-AA25-053C6F7A262C (resized).jpeg
    There are 2,555 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in/page/24?hl=brewskisbar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.