Topic Stats

• 2,573 posts
  • 810 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by red-line
  • Topic is favorited by 189 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240423_144609 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0387 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9289 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_3842 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3843 (resized).jpeg
    Hobbit_Collective_Move (resized).jpg
    IMG_7132 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3737 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3734 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3735 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3733 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3736 (resized).jpeg
    20240318_101947 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,573 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 52.
    #1101 4 years ago

Lexus 570, fits with ease. Even NIB early pickup from the terminal.

#1102 4 years ago

I can fit four in the bed of my Ram 2500, if stacked vertically, and two if horizontal, with one headbox towards the cab and one towards the tailgate.

#1103 4 years ago

To my surprise A 1st gen e53 bmw x5 will not fit an 80b style gottlieb game with the head folded down. You need to remove the back box to fit. Needs about 1-2 inches to do so folded. Head removed no issues.

#1104 4 years ago

Anybody with the latest generation Pilot (2016-2019) know if it can hold a NIB Stern? Measuring the opening seems like it would be extremely close.

My previous Pilot (2012) had no troubles, I just had to cut the top corner off the box to fit under the moon roof once it was in the vehicle.

#1105 4 years ago
    Quoted from JONESDS:

Anybody with the latest generation Pilot (2016-2019) know if it can hold a NIB Stern? Measuring the opening seems like it would be extremely close.
    My previous Pilot (2012) had no troubles, I just had to cut the top corner off the box to fit under the moon roof once it was in the vehicle.

Will not fit with box, but will fit without box. Box is 31-32” high, Pilot has 30-3/4” max. We have a 2016 and 2019 pilot.

#1106 4 years ago

Can anyone confirm that a 2013 Honda CR-V can fit an unboxed modern Stern (SAM/SPIKE) without major hassles? Any tips to avoid problems? Thanks.

#1107 4 years ago

I have a 2019 Forester and I have carried a WPC Widebody game with zero issue. It clears the "seat belt bump" in the ceiling just fine. It also carried a Stern SAM game with zero issue. You must retract the center seatbelt into the ceiling harness of course. Definitely remove the cargo tray. I forgot to do that with the Stern and it made it much harder.

Last year I was able to get a game and three people in a 2015 Forester, I have no doubt its the same case for the new model body style.

A friend of mine has a Jeep renegade. Anyone have any experience with this car?

#1108 4 years ago

Here's a jjp potc in my 2019 Honda pilot.

IMG_20190510_111604 (resized).jpgIMG_20190510_111604 (resized).jpg
    #1109 4 years ago

They said it couldn't be done. It can be done!! Got a system 3 Gottlieb in the Chevy spark. Removed bottom of back seat, folded down backs. Moved passenger seat up all the way. Pin fit no problem, load coin door in first. If I put them on their side I could probably fit 2 no joke. I completely removed head, had it sit next to pin. I might have been able to fit it in with head folded but would risk damage to car interior. I think I can fit most modest size pins. I spent 70$ bucks round trip to NY, cant beat 40mpg while pin hauling

20190514_145243 (resized).jpg20190514_145243 (resized).jpg20190514_145306 (resized).jpg20190514_145306 (resized).jpg20190514_145500 (resized).jpg20190514_145500 (resized).jpg
    #1110 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Here's a jjp potc in my 2019 Honda pilot.
    [quoted image]

It does not look like the head would clear. How did you get it in?

#1111 4 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

It does not look like the head would clear. How did you get it in?

It clears, no issues.

#1112 4 years ago

I can now vouch that a 2016 Toyota RAV4 Limited can accomodate a pin. I was able to get a TFTC in there with about 1/2" vertical clearance above the pin. When we bought this car I had measured the opening and knew there was enough room there, but what I had failed to take into account is that the sunroof causes part of the roof to dip dangerously close to blocking the vertical height of the folded backbox. This car is a great pin hauler because there is no "lip" in the back, and hte seats fold almost completely flush with the floor, so it's no big deal to slide the pin in.

#1113 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

It clears, no issues.

Ah, I see now on my full sized monitor. Earlier I was looking at it on my phone and it was kind of an optical illusion with the plastic wrapped on the game.

#1114 4 years ago

My Ford Explorer works perfect...pick up a sheet of Masonite from Home Depot for about $10 and lay it in the back with the seats folded down...have them cut it to 3ft x 6ft and the machine slides right in and out with ease everytime.

#1115 4 years ago
    Quoted from FtrMech:

pick up a sheet of Masonite from Home Depot

That’s what I have used for years. The only issue is that I need to be careful acceleration and braking as the game can slide on the Masonite.

Robert

#1116 4 years ago

Has anyone tried a 2017/2018 Chevy Trax or Buick Encore?

1 week later
    #1117 4 years ago

You can fit Classic Bally\Sterns in a 2018 Jeep Renegade without issue. Height was fine as the head was removed. Length was my concern as the Renegade isn't that long, but thankfully it was okay and I even had a few inches to spare.20190527_133358 (resized).jpg20190527_133358 (resized).jpg

#1118 4 years ago
    Quoted from luckycreature:

did you have to take the head off?

No. Head folded down like normal.

#1119 4 years ago

2018 Toyota Rav4 comfortably fits two Gottlieb EM's. Yep....Two.

20190523_110039 (resized).jpg20190523_110039 (resized).jpg
    #1120 4 years ago

Was checking out a Honda Passport this past week, looks like the center of the opening is 32" and then it tapers to 31" going towards the sides.

#1121 4 years ago
    Quoted from JONESDS:

Was checking out a Honda Passport this past week, looks like the center of the opening is 32" and then it tapers to 31" going towards the sides.

It's the same as a pilot, maybe a little bigger opening. will fit stern, jjp and bw easily. Better off going with a pilot to be honest, same vehicle, thousands cheaper

#1122 4 years ago

Easily tits in a Durango SRT with one of the back seats up. I'm pretty sure both 3rd row seats need to be down in mine.

IMG_7587 (resized).jpegIMG_7587 (resized).jpegIMG_7588 (resized).jpegIMG_7588 (resized).jpeg
    #1123 4 years ago
    Quoted from twenty84:

Easily tits in a Durango SRT with one of the back seats up. I'm pretty sure both 3rd row seats need to be down in mine.[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s good to hear, but you may want to correct the typo in your first line so folks don’t get the wrong idea.

#1124 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spelunk71:

That’s good to hear, but you may want to correct the typo in your first line so folks don’t get the wrong idea.

Clearly you've never ridden in an SRT. It's the tits for sure!

I wish these were available when I bought my R/T. The R/T is great, and plenty fast, but damn the SRT sound amazing.. The really haul while hauling

Chris

#1125 4 years ago
    Quoted from twenty84:

Easily tits in a Durango SRT with one of the back seats up. I'm pretty sure both 3rd row seats need to be down in mine.[quoted image][quoted image]

Very good! Love my R/t for hauling pins as well! Got a Phantom of the Opera and a Galaga Mini in mine once. Still had room for the handtruck too! Love my Durango. Nice SRT you have there!

Chris

#1126 4 years ago
    Quoted from JDissen87:

You can fit Classic Bally\Sterns in a 2018 Jeep Renegade without issue. Height was fine as the head was removed. Length was my concern as the Renegade isn't that long, but thankfully it was okay and I even had a few inches to spare.[quoted image]

That's good to know one of the vehicles on my "Maybe" List in the next few years, I have a 2018 VW golf the trunk opening isn't big enough what about modern sterns?? whats the measurement of the opening??

#1127 4 years ago
    Quoted from dondon4720:

That's good to know one of the vehicles on my "Maybe" List in the next few years, I have a 2018 VW golf the trunk opening isn't big enough what about modern sterns?? whats the measurement of the opening??

I'll try to measure it tonight. Only pin I've moved thus far is the Xenon. The rest I've moved on a trailer i pulled with the Renegade.

#1128 4 years ago
    Quoted from JDissen87:

I'll try to measure it tonight. Only pin I've moved thus far is the Xenon. The rest I've moved on a trailer i pulled with the Renegade.

what kind of trailer?? I am a noob to the whole transporting pinball and I am trying to come up with the best solution, I appreciate it, I am assuming that is the 2.4L version??

#1129 4 years ago
    Quoted from dondon4720:

what kind of trailer?? I am a noob to the whole transporting pinball and I am trying to come up with the best solution, I appreciate it, I am assuming that is the 2.4L version??

I have a 10ft open utility trailer I got a few years back. Its a tubular frame with a cargo ramp on the back. Mostly just used for occasional arcade purchases, moving my mower around, etc... Its nothing huge, but I don't have the need for anything large. I stand it up on its back end in the back of my garage so it doesn't take up too much space when not in use. I think I got it for like $1k or so new.

Its a 2018 Renegade Altitude, 2.4L, tow package, plenty of other options. Had to custom order one to get the options\packages I wanted. I get ~31mpg highway. I do wish it had a larger fuel tank, but its not too small, just would prefer a few more gallons in there.

Sorry, didn't get to measure it last night. Working long hours right now to meet a deadline for work.

#1130 4 years ago
    Quoted from dondon4720:

I have a 6x10 enclosed trailer and can move 4 pins on their legs. I was looking at a 5x8 originally and I don't think I could do the same thing with that size.

#1131 4 years ago

I would love to have an enclosed trailer, but I'd have nowhere to store it. Mine doesn't get used that often, so its not an issues I've worried about. Thankfully, it hasn't rained on any day I wanted to pick up a new pin\arcade.
    I agree on the smaller trailer as well, mine is a 6x10. Anything smaller is just not as useful.

#1132 4 years ago

Here is my theory on trailers - I would never have the right size , open - closed - but U-Haul does . Just rent the one you need , no plates to buy no need to store it, no tires to replace . I can handle $40. or less a day .

#1133 4 years ago

Brought home our new Metallica in our 2018 BMW X5. Worked great!

#1134 4 years ago

Would a 1999 Sega Harley Davidson fit in a 2019 Nissan Rogue with the head tilted (still attached) ?

#1135 4 years ago

I’m a rental and don’t know if I need to upsize on the way

#1136 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinstym:

2018 Nissan Rogue fits Sterns like TSPP and RBION.

Just try to secure the pin so it doesn't slide from side to side. I didn't. Messed up the headliner a bit in the back by the hatch. Make sure game is centered before you pull it out.

I don't think there was much change between the 2018 & the 2019 models.

#1137 4 years ago

I'm going to check out a 2019 RAV4 this week. Have we confirmed that it will fit most games?

#1138 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mhulsebu:

I don't think there was much change between the 2018 & the 2019 models.

Thanks Dropped off the rental and picked up my Highlander. No troubles there.

#1139 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

I'm going to check out a 2019 RAV4 this week. Have we confirmed that it will fit most games?

I looked at one but didn't measure. I think it will be close. There is definitely less space than the previous model.

2 weeks later
    #1140 4 years ago

Anybody know if I can get a Paragon in a Honda Fit?

#1141 4 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Anybody know if I can get a Paragon in a Honda Fit?

What gen Fit? I fit a Middle Earth(pretty dang big) in a gen 2(2011 model year) no problem.

I have a 2016(gen 3), and haven't hauled anything yet for pins.

#1142 4 years ago

It's a 2017 Fit.

#1143 4 years ago

It fits.

IMG_20190701_182135 (resized).jpgIMG_20190701_182135 (resized).jpg
    #1144 4 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

It fits.[quoted image]

That has a big lip in the rear area!

Robert

#1145 4 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

It fits.[quoted image]

This FIT has been on my radar since a few verified older models would FIT a newer modern williams/stern. Guess i still have time to consider....

#1146 4 years ago

2017-2020 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid (I have a 2019 SEL)
    [NOT INCLUDING all-electric or plug-in hybrid models, those should be similar dimensions with maybe an extra 3-5" lost in cargo floor space due to larger batteries]

Yes, a modern pin will fit completely (no doors/hatch held open) with a few caveats:

*You have to take the head off the machine, so, remember where all the playfield wire harnesses go!
    *Head best fits in passengers seat with seat angled back, you may have a compromised driving situation if you don't fit the head just right.
    *Your passenger can sit in the driver's-side-rear seat, including seat belt use, provided you did not purchase a widebody pin. For a widebody, you must fold down both rear seats and drive alone.

The rear hatch entry is only about 30"H maximum, the clearance opens up a bit in the rear passenger compartment. It looks like you have enough room to put the head in first against the two front seat backs, then the body, but it was late at night and we were too tired to try all that.

I put a folding table in the hatch compartment floor with a moving blanket over the hatch bumper lip, stretched to the back of front seats. This allowed the machine to 'slip' in and out of the vehicle and allowed easy sliding to and from it's transport position, all without damaging the cabinet underside.

The approximate usable width is 40" and length is about 60"

I moved a Who Dunnit, tool box, moving blankets, and a 6'3" helper just fine. The head did not interfere with seat belt, shifting or steering, but it felt a little awkward.

Removing the head is something some owners won't do, but at 60+ MPG without hyper-miling... it's a pretty sweet ride

I attached a couple of (bad) photos.

Cheers, Pinsiders!
    20190703_220246 (resized).jpg20190703_220246 (resized).jpg20190703_220253 (resized).jpg20190703_220253 (resized).jpg

#1147 4 years ago

Anyone have insight into the Mazda CX-5? I test drove a bunch of cars a few days ago: CR-V, RAV4, and the CX-5.

They're all good vehicles, but the Mazda really feels the best. The RAV4 is good, but it feels like Toyota is resting on their laurels a bit, and the CR-V while being objectively the best overall option, is still having engine issues with the oil dilution. The Mazda felt like a luxury vehicle to me in nearly every aspect: Ride, handling, fit and finish, and quietness were all far better than the competitors, despite the smaller cargo area.

I measured the cargo area of the CX-5 and it should theoretically fit a pinball machine, but it'll be tight. Anyone have any real world experience with the 2017+ models?

#1148 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Anyone have insight into the Mazda CX-5? I test drove a bunch of cars a few days ago: CR-V, RAV4, and the CX-5.
    They're all good vehicles, but the Mazda really feels the best. The RAV4 is good, but it feels like Toyota is resting on their laurels a bit, and the CR-V while being objectively the best overall option, is still having engine issues with the oil dilution. The Mazda felt like a luxury vehicle to me in nearly every aspect: Ride, handling, fit and finish, and quietness were all far better than the competitors, despite the smaller cargo area.
    I measured the cargo area of the CX-5 and it should theoretically fit a pinball machine, but it'll be tight. Anyone have any real world experience with the 2017+ models?

According to PinWiki, yes.

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Vehicles_for_Moving_Pinball_Machines#Mazda

Chris

#1149 4 years ago

Be careful with pinwiki. Unless your specific year is listed...it’s a gamble. Chevrolet Equinox says good 2005+...but some years won’t fit. Car manufacturers are always changing their specs slightly, and if it’s a tight fit one year, it may not fit in next years model.

#1150 4 years ago

2016 RAV4 hybrid. Loved the ride, but the bump worries me. Anyone fit a pin in one?

There are 2,573 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in/page/23?hl=hypercoaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.