Topic Stats

• 2,571 posts
  • 809 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by SilverUnicorn
  • Topic is favorited by 187 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0387 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9289 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_3842 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3843 (resized).jpeg
    Hobbit_Collective_Move (resized).jpg
    IMG_7132 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3737 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3734 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3735 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3733 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3736 (resized).jpeg
    20240318_101947 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.55?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,571 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 52.
    #1051 5 years ago

As an update, I moved a Data East Checkpoint (‘91) in my 2010 Subaru Outback. Game gets stuck about 2 or 3 inches before the rear hatch can close.
    The roof unfortunately has a plastic piece that bends downwards. I really wanna just rip it out lol.
    A 6803 without the head just BARELY fit.
    I’ve just accepted that I have to strap the hatch down and always have several ratchets on hand.

Just to make sure you check the weather or bring some tarps!

#1052 5 years ago
    Quoted from fuzz:

anybody have a 2017 forester?
    trying to fit a RBION stern in it
    Ripley's Believe It or Not!

Haven’t found anything I can’t fit yet. Mid 80s Williams are really tight but do fit and a System 80B needs the head off, but that’s not a hard job. The biggest gripe I have with ours is just getting the game over the seat hump.

#1053 5 years ago

Thinking of renting a dodge caravan to drive from Florida to Allentown. How
    Many ems can you cram into a caravan? I’m already bringing back 2. Who knows what we will find along the way.
    Thanks
    Al

#1054 5 years ago

2018 Nissan Rogue fits Sterns like TSPP and RBION.

Just try to secure the pin so it doesn't slide from side to side. I didn't. Messed up the headliner a bit in the back by the hatch. Make sure game is centered before you pull it out.

#1055 5 years ago

Can somebody post how 2 WPC 1990s era games fits in a modern Grand Caravan?

#1056 5 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

Put one front to back between the sliding side doors, and one front to back in the back. Hope that makes sense.

They'd make like a "t"

Chris

#1057 5 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

Stow the second and third row of seats. Load the first in the back, move it all the way to the drivers seat, then rotate it 90 degrees.

Load the second one in the back, normally.

The games will form a “T”. I haven’t been able to load a game with the head on it into the side door. That’s why I recommend loading from the back.

#1058 5 years ago
    Quoted from Deadlander:

Thinking of renting a dodge caravan to drive from Florida to Allentown. How
    Many ems can you cram into a caravan? I’m already bringing back 2. Who knows what we will find along the way.
    Thanks
    Al

3 EMs should fit. If I remember correct, we had 4 crammed in a grand caravan...

#1059 5 years ago
    Quoted from djblouw:

Stole the second and third row of seats. Load the first in the back, move it all the way to the drivers seat, then rotate it 90 degrees.
    Load the second one in the back, normally.
    The games will form a “T”. I haven’t been able to load a game with the head on it into the side door. That’s why I recommend loading from the back.

Excellent!

#1060 5 years ago

Mk5 gti fits a pin in an emergency. You do have to remove head. And it does take a few clicks on the passengers front seat. Helpfully to have moving blanket to wrap head as it has to fit next to pin in back.

#1061 4 years ago

2019 Grand Caravan...
    20190428_130706 (resized).jpg20190428_130706 (resized).jpg20190428_141759 (resized).jpg20190428_141759 (resized).jpg

20190428_194527 (resized).jpg20190428_194527 (resized).jpg

#1062 4 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

2019 Grand Caravan...
    [quoted image][quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Is that two games with only a driver spot available?

#1063 4 years ago

Thinking about getting a Honda Element locally as my daily driver and pin hauler. I currently have an Inifniti M37x and a BMW sport wagon which can fit games with removable back boxes, but it's really tight. Do you all have 3rd vehicles specifically for pin hauling? Any other suitable daily drivers that's good on gas but can act as a suitable pin hauler?

#1064 4 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Thinking about getting a Honda Element locally as my daily driver and pin hauler. I currently have an Inifniti M37x and a BMW sport wagon which can fit games with removable back boxes, but it's really tight. Do you all have 3rd vehicles specifically for pin hauling? Any other suitable daily drivers that's good on gas but can act as a suitable pin hauler?

Can't beat a Honda Fit's MPG if all you need to get into the car is a pin. I can't haul a pinball machine and a dolly at the same time, but that hasn't been a problem yet.

#1065 4 years ago
    Quoted from mettle64:

Can't beat a Honda Fit's MPG if all you need to get into the car is a pin. I can't haul a pinball machine and a dolly at the same time, but that hasn't been a problem yet.

Is there a lip to get into the back of the Fit? I like the idea of the Element, being able to slide the pin in/out without any effort. Plus there's an Element close to me for under 3K. Plus I have 2 dogs too, that could travel in it much more comfortably than a Fit I would say.

#1066 4 years ago

Can confirm a 2017 Toyota RAV4 works great.

#1067 4 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Is there a lip to get into the back of the Fit? I like the idea of the Element, being able to slide the pin in/out without any effort. Plus there's an Element close to me for under 3K. Plus I have 2 dogs too, that could travel in it much more comfortably than a Fit I would say.

There's a lip, with about a two inch drop into the cargo area. As long as I keep it in mind it's not been a big deal, but a flat entry would be a lot more convenient for sure.

#1068 4 years ago
    Quoted from mettle64:

There's a lip, with about a two inch drop into the cargo area. As long as I keep it in mind it's not been a big deal, but a flat entry would be a lot more convenient for sure.

Thanks! I'll keep it mind when looking. Also thinking about a Scion xB too, similar body style as the Element.

#1069 4 years ago

I have a 2006 XB, Works great, One pin at a time, Dolly fits fine, depending on the dolly I guess. I also have a 2013 Honda Fit and a Sega (Godzilla) would not slide in as I hoped, I had to put it on it's side (wrapped up tight of course) to fit as I was a couple hundred miles from home. I think the small difference in height of Sega and probably newer Stern's make the difference as I have seen many pictures of Bally Williams DMD games in a Fit.

#1070 4 years ago
    Quoted from mettle64:

Disagree with @mettle64. I've hauled TZ and many standard size pins with a dolly in the back. If I use my larger appliance dolly, I just have to load it in before the pin (and push to the side).

#1071 4 years ago

2008 Chevy Equinox will fit 3 woodrails-

image1 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpegimage2 (resized).jpegimage2 (resized).jpeg
    #1072 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinash:

Disagree with mettle64. I've hauled TZ and many standard size pins with a dolly in the back. If I use my larger appliance dolly, I just have to load it in before the pin (and push to the side).

Good to know! I'll have to experiment a bit more.

#1073 4 years ago

From my more recent pick ups (I have to rent vehicles to pick up pins).

2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Fit F-14 with room to spare. Needed to put down a piece of plywood to make sliding over the folded down seats easier.

2018 Ford Flex - Fit Getaway with room to spare, very easy to load in.

#1074 4 years ago

Not sure if a 2014 Subaru forrester in the thread search is the same as the 2016 gen. But, I was able to fit a creech in a 2016 forrester.

#1075 4 years ago

The following pins fit in a 2017 Honda CR-V:

Aces and Kings
    AC/DC
    Alice Cooper
    Barracora
    Batman 66
    Black Jack
    Blackout
    Devil's Dare
    Dirty Harry
    Eight Ball Deluxe
    Fathom
    Fireball
    Fishtales
    Flintstones
    Genesis
    Harlem
    High Speed
    Hoops
    Indy 500
    Iron Man
    Jackbot
    Maverick
    Mustang
    Panthera
    Paragon
    Rack Em Up
    Road Show
    Sopranos
    Space Shuttle
    Surf N Safari
    Taxi
    Tron
    Walking Dead
    Whirlwind

But not all at once.

#1076 4 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

But not all at once.

Shit!

#1077 4 years ago

I was picturing something like this

C0AFF813-999D-4C6E-B180-78F527425409 (resized).jpegC0AFF813-999D-4C6E-B180-78F527425409 (resized).jpeg
    #1078 4 years ago

embryonjohn has one of the best transports. He carried a pin on top of a VW cabriolet

#1079 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinstym:

2018 Nissan Rogue fits Sterns like TSPP and RBION.
    Just try to secure the pin so it doesn't slide from side to side. I didn't. Messed up the headliner a bit in the back by the hatch. Make sure game is centered before you pull it out.

did you have to take the head off?

#1080 4 years ago

Could I fit a LAH and LOTR in a 2013 Honda Odyssey?

#1081 4 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I know know for sure, but I would think so if you can remove all the seats in the back. Those seem to be a decent size vehicle.

Chris

#1082 4 years ago

Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I know know for sure, but I would think so if you can remove all the seats in the back. Those seem to be a decent size vehicle.
    Chris

Yep, side by side, with one facing front and the other back. Put it this way: if you can arrange it to fit on a 4'x8' piece of plywood it will fit in a Odyssey.

#1083 4 years ago

Here’s what that F-14 looked like in the JL wrangler, in case any one is interested.

15012D16-746B-4359-BFA6-5E5C370F0AF4 (resized).jpeg15012D16-746B-4359-BFA6-5E5C370F0AF4 (resized).jpeg
    #1084 4 years ago
    Quoted from Geteos:

Here’s what that F-14 looked like in the JL wrangler, in case any one is interested.
    [quoted image]

Is that the sloped rear roof?

#1085 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

Is that the sloped rear roof?

Never mind. I see its the roll bar I was looking at

#1086 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

Never mind. I see its the roll bar I was looking at

Yea, it's the roll bar. The guys at the rental counter thought it might be a tight squeeze, but clearly it was fine.

I'm waiting for Jeep to launch the plug in version of the Wrangler (supposed to be available for the 2020 model year). Thinking about trading in my GTI for one. The wrangler is a fun car, a bit squirrely on the highway though. It would complement my Miata though.

#1087 4 years ago

A Nissan Murano 2015+, doesn't fit Modern Sterns and will barely fit an '81 Bally.

I made a critical mistake with a recent purchase, always bring your own measuring tape to the dealership... As most of you know, you'll need minimum 32 inches in the opening of the trunk and from the ceiling to the folded rear seat floor... watch out for a ceiling seat belt bump gimmick...

#1088 4 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

Yep, side by side, with one facing front and the other back. Put it this way: if you can arrange it to fit on a 4'x8' piece of plywood it will fit in a Odyssey.

Can anyone else confirm this? I'm already picking up 1 pin at pinfest (a LOTR) and am debating locking into another (a Pinbot or Last Action Hero).

#1089 4 years ago

Can anyone else confirm this? I'm already picking up 1 pin at pinfest (a LOTR) and am debating locking into another (a Pinbot or Last Action Hero).

Look at post #1061 above. While it’s a Grand Caravan instead of an Odyssey, they both fit 4x8 plywood in them. In the Odyssey you have to physically remove the second row, whereas in the Grand Caravan the 2nd row folds away.

Others in this thread have mentioned Odyssey’s as well. My wife has had Odyssey’s pretty much exclusively since 2000.....

#1090 4 years ago
    Quoted from Geteos:

[quoted image]

I consider a wrangler the ultimate pin hauler, you can fit one in the back, and it can still tow a small trailer for shows etc, the only problem is gas mileage

has anyone tried a 2 door wrangler??

I also didn't know there were making a plug in version of the wrangler, might be a game changer for sure, I love the Rivian truck and SUV concept that they have, 400 miles of range and can tow 11,000 lbs

Rivian suv (resized).jpgRivian suv (resized).jpgrivian-r1t_100699476 (resized).jpgrivian-r1t_100699476 (resized).jpg
    #1091 4 years ago

Update...2018 Chevy Equinox can fit Sega and Bally/Willimas games loaded in on their side, just barely. I used my Harbor Freight appliance dolly and then used both straps. Set it next to the rear hatch and tip on side lift and push in...have about 1/2-1/4 inch of clearance on top. Left the dolly attached to the game when pushed in and it exited easily. I did have a double layer of cardboard and moving blankets laid down in the rear to protect the car and help slide.

#1092 4 years ago

Got 6 in my Silverado and pull behind trailer. Could have fit more but ran out of money! Lol

3E47A190-A8CD-456D-8AB2-FB656D244B49 (resized).jpeg3E47A190-A8CD-456D-8AB2-FB656D244B49 (resized).jpeg4636FC6C-BC50-444D-B50D-E7A12AFD48ED (resized).jpeg4636FC6C-BC50-444D-B50D-E7A12AFD48ED (resized).jpeg4E76D60A-B26E-473B-8CC8-97A8E32D2A3F (resized).jpeg4E76D60A-B26E-473B-8CC8-97A8E32D2A3F (resized).jpeg
    #1093 4 years ago

A 2013 Honda Odyssey will fit 3 pinball machines... Sort of.

Before you attempt to load like this, go to the hardware store and cut two, 4 foot pieces of 1 inch PVC pipe to use as rollers to make things easier.

Remove all back seats.

From the back, roll the first machines to the front of the vehicle and turn it sidewise. That is a Stern LOTR in the photo. You can this fit another pin length wise behind it easily. In this particular case I put 2 pinbots in the rear. I fit one normally and had to turn the other sideways and take the head off to get it in, but it fit.

So there you have it, 3 pinball machines in the back of a 2013 Honda Odyssey.

Note, if you do this, as tempting as it may look do not attempt to get the pinball machine in or out through the sliding doors. We tried it, the LOTR didn't fit, and now the auto-magic doors are broken.

Good luck random internet stranger doing a key word search in 3 years!

20190503_144528 (resized).jpg20190503_144528 (resized).jpg20190503_213544 (resized).jpg20190503_213544 (resized).jpg
    #1094 4 years ago

Will a WPC fit in a 2013 Chevy Captiva?

#1095 4 years ago

Got a fatbody in my pontiac vibe today. Fits easily with the head-piece removed obviously

20190504_182112 (resized).jpg20190504_182112 (resized).jpg
    #1096 4 years ago

To those wanting to know about a certain vehicle, it may already be in this thread.

So to find out if info on a vehicle exists:

1. Go to the top of the page and click on the "Find in Topic" line.
    2. Then enter "your vehicle"
    3. Hit "Find"

You may be rewarded...

Robert

#1097 4 years ago

The space needed for most pinball games is about 31 inches. My 2012 Grand Cherokee has 30.75" clearance and a Stern Spiderman just fits...probably an 1/8" clearance if I remember correctly.

The issue with the 31" measurement is the lip at the bottom of the opening. In my Jeep, the lip is about 1/4" above the floor, but in some vehicles it can be an inch high.

What makes this measurement tricky is that the lip is usually not directly below the opening edge at the top. So measuring at an angle (lip to top) gives a deceiving number, that is this measurement is larger than the actual opening.

If it's important to be able to put a pinball in the back and the opening is about 31", some consideration needs to be taken in the height of the lip above the floor and where the lip is in relation to the opening edge at the top.

Remember that the pinball game needs to ride on the lip while it slides into the back, and it only drops down to floor level after it passes the lip. In my experience, it's the last 2 or 3 inches of sliding the game in when the game is still on the lip and the head is starting to approach the opening edge at the top.

Robert

689264cd9bf4c21513223318bb763da96aaaf33e (resized).jpg689264cd9bf4c21513223318bb763da96aaaf33e (resized).jpg
    #1098 4 years ago

2018 Chevy Equinox fits 1981 Bally Fireball II folded with head attached.

#1099 4 years ago

Update on 2016 Suburban. I was able to get 3 games in this at once. I transported an ACDC, Avatar and an older EM at the same time.

Fold down the 2nd and 3rd row seats. First modern pin in and then rotated 90 degrees behind the driver's and passenger's seats. Second modern game in the back and pushed as far over to the driver's side of the vehicle as possible. Head removed from EM and body in on the right side of the back and the EM head put in last. I was able to get a hand cart in there but it went in on top of the EM cabinet before the head was placed in. I wrapped the head to protect the glass from the cart. All the legs and coin boxes went in the footwell area behind the driver's and passenger's 2nd row folded down seats. Tools and stuff in the passenger seat foot area. It's tight but it all fit.

#1100 4 years ago

Chevy designed and built the 52 truck with the idea of fitting 2 standard body pins in it. True story............

IMG_4330 (resized).JPGIMG_4330 (resized).JPG
    There are 2,571 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in/page/22?hl=mettle64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.