Topic Stats

• 2,573 posts
  • 810 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by red-line
  • Topic is favorited by 189 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240423_144609 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0387 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9289 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_3842 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3843 (resized).jpeg
    Hobbit_Collective_Move (resized).jpg
    IMG_7132 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3737 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3734 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3735 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3733 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3736 (resized).jpeg
    20240318_101947 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,573 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 52.
    #1001 5 years ago

The length in a comfortable driving position is 51 inches. Width is good. Length will work, its that clearance on top of the back seats that goes down to around 27 or so

#1002 5 years ago

Opps, forgot to attach that one

1C14CFAA-90F0-48AB-A842-5A7F6CAEC504 (resized).jpeg1C14CFAA-90F0-48AB-A842-5A7F6CAEC504 (resized).jpeg
    #1003 5 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

According to those measurements, it looks like any game, except for a System 3 game, would fit in the 2019 RAV4. It’s not tall enough by 3 inches or so.
    You could probably slide a System 3 on its side though.

Thanks for the response! Just curious though you wouldnt be concerned with the minimum height behind the drivers seat being around 27?

#1004 5 years ago
    Quoted from tbutler6:

Opps, forgot to attach that one
    [quoted image]

Are you sure the game is going to clear the back window that is angled? You probably need about 54 inches.
    Also, do the back seats come out like previous Rav4s? I have to take them out for our 2005.

#1005 5 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

What is the cargo length available in the 2019 Rav4? I am not really clear what I am looking at in your measurement.
    Also, how do you like the car so far?

I havent bought it yet, but they drive well. No CVT, no start stop, good all around. Get the adventure model though to get a 3500 pound tow rating,

#1006 5 years ago

Not sure on seats coming out.

D50284CA-F140-4A59-AEBD-36D48BF7142B (resized).jpegD50284CA-F140-4A59-AEBD-36D48BF7142B (resized).jpeg
    #1007 5 years ago
    Quoted from tbutler6:

Just curious though you wouldnt be concerned with the minimum height behind the drivers seat being around 27?

I’m not sure I would be. If you load a game into the vehicle coin door first, you really don’t need to worry about the height the bulk of the “thickness” of the game that far up front. Only towards the back. I guess the only way to find out though is to try to fit a game in there.

Quoted from tbutler6:

No CVT, no start stop, good all around. Get the adventure model though to get a 3500 pound tow rating,

Literally all the reasons I like it so much. I have a small sailboat trailer that I need to pull, and there’s no way I’m going to put that kind of strain on the CVT on the CR-V, and I love the adventure edition’s “proper” roof racks.

#1008 5 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

I’m not sure I would be. If you load a game into the vehicle coin door first, you really don’t need to worry about the height the bulk of the “thickness” of the game that far up front. Only towards the back. I guess the only way to find out though is to try to fit a game in there.

Literally all the reasons I like it so much. I have a small sailboat trailer that I need to pull, and there’s no way I’m going to put that kind of strain on the CVT on the CR-V, and I love the adventure edition’s “proper” roof racks.

Thank you for the help. I though that originally and then i saw this pic before i moved and said “sh$t” it appears to be a brick of sorts in shape when collapsed

2ED94997-03A2-4639-B64B-1C55380684A3 (resized).png2ED94997-03A2-4639-B64B-1C55380684A3 (resized).png
    #1009 5 years ago

Man that will be close (with a Data East anyway)

Tallest collapsed point 29.5
    Front most edge of head toward coin door 27.5 with no padding of rails

But like was said that wont be the at the extreme leading edge nearest front seats

3C184E0D-C1F3-474F-9494-6C9A67BAF28E (resized).jpeg3C184E0D-C1F3-474F-9494-6C9A67BAF28E (resized).jpeg
    #1010 5 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

According to those measurements, it looks like any game, except for a System 3 game, would fit in the 2019 RAV4. It’s not tall enough by 3 inches or so.
    You could probably slide a System 3 on its side though.

I think you're right but the seats don't look like they fold completely flat so when the game is going in, it could get pretty close. To that, I would say don't pack it super well and maybe use something quite thin underneath the game.

#1012 5 years ago

2007 Edge fit a Whirlwind pretty easily. I need to come up with a better method for getting the game up and over that lip in the back when taking it out though... I read about the pool noodle method. Might try that next time.

#1013 5 years ago

Jurassic Park fit in my father’s 2013 Subaru Forester, had to put both rear seats down, just cleared the top with a cm to spare.

#1014 5 years ago

Has anyone checked out the new Honda Passport? It looks like the opening is big enough for a pin, unlike the new mdx. At some point I'm going to have to replace my 2006 Pilot.

#1015 5 years ago

The passport will easily fit a pin. I test drove it and was going to buy one, but they would not budge off msrp. No thanks. Bought a pilot instead.

#1016 5 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

The passport will easily fit a pin. I test drove it and was going to buy one, but they would not budge off msrp. No thanks. Bought a pilot instead.

Cool that a pin will fit. I wouldn't pay msrp either. Not looking to buy until next year, so hopefully by then deals are easier to find on the passport.

#1017 5 years ago
    Quoted from bigbadmiker:

Cool that a pin will fit. I wouldn't pay msrp either. Not looking to buy until next year, so hopefully by then deals are easier to find on the passport.

It has a taller opening than the pilot, more like the crv, but it’s the same interior as the pilot. Very nice car.

#1018 5 years ago

Going to pick up a POTC (widebody). Just in case of crappy weather and I don't want to take my p/u truck, I may take the old lady's car. Anyone know if it would fit in a 2019 Honda HRV?

#1019 5 years ago

I know a few people had Jetta sport wagons, does that hatch fit a game? Looking at 2012-2014 tdi manuals.

Edit: I see the roof inside the car makes it so you have to remove the head, otherwise it fits. Wonder if they’d go in sideways easier and support the head/cab...

#1020 5 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Going to pick up a POTC (widebody). Just in case of crappy weather and I don't want to take my p/u truck, I may take the old lady's car. Anyone know if it would fit in a 2019 Honda HRV?

I don’t even know if an hrv can fit a pin? Maybe an em with the head off

#1021 5 years ago

Pretty sure the 14 and older Sportwagens won’t do them on sides either.

#1022 5 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Thread search is your friend, and apparently it will fit one: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in/page/19#post-4729256

#1023 5 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Quoted from northvibe:

Per a Facebook post, the 2018 can do it. Not sure if the 2019 is different.

HRV1 (resized).jpgHRV1 (resized).jpgHRV2 (resized).jpgHRV2 (resized).jpg
    #1024 5 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

I still ask.....can I do this type of thing with my Subaru Outback 2013?

[quoted image]

I’ve got a 2010 outback and my GF has a 2015 (I believe) the 2 annoying things are the seats don’t fold flat, so the game gets hung up on the bump from the seats. Push HARD and you can get them in.

EMs fit just fine, and 6803’s fit perfectly with the head of, almost exactly 1/4” clearance between the game and hatch opening. Really tight.
    Data East Torpedo Alley was wrapped in cardboard so that probably did me in. Would not fit, had to hang out the back and drove 3 hours home like that. Not a huge issue.

Stern Electronics games fit just fine as well.

Gonna find out if I can remove the stupid plastic molding from the back because it’s useless and takes away about 1” of clearance that you desperately need

#1025 5 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Per a Facebook post, the 2018 can do it. Not sure if the 2019 is different.[quoted image][quoted image]

That has to be a surprise to any hrv owner! Looks are decieving! I thought the hrv was Nissan Juke size. Glad to hear! This makes me wonder if the ford ecosport can fit one....

#1026 5 years ago

you guys are not as dedicated...

honda crx - a pinball does FIT in it (resized).JPGhonda crx - a pinball does FIT in it (resized).JPG
    #1027 5 years ago

Florida doesn't check personalized license plates? Interesting.

#1028 5 years ago

that's my fraternity Phi Hapsilon Kappa Nu...i think that's what i came up with.

they did not let me get PHKN FST, sadly...

#1029 5 years ago

Any experience with the a 2018 or 2019 Escape? It looks like 2017 will fit, but I don't know if the newer models are still ok. I am moving a STTNG from CA to WA and have a minivan rented, however weather looks to be a factor through OR, so am looking to switch to an SUV at the last minute. Thanks for any info.

#1030 5 years ago
    Quoted from RobF:

Any experience with the a 2018 or 2019 Escape? It looks like 2017 will fit, but I don't know if the newer models are still ok. I am moving a STTNG from CA to WA and have a minivan rented, however weather looks to be a factor through OR, so am looking to switch to an SUV at the last minute. Thanks for any info.

I have a 2018 Escape and it has about 31.5 inches of space so it will haul one just fine. The seats fold flatter than some other SUVs but the "flap" that covers the gap when down means you need to have it rolling on something or some thick cardboard or other material to help it slide over that bump. And of course it has the plastic trim piece at the door which you need to be careful with to ensure it doesn't damage the edge of cabinet when it slides over.

#1031 5 years ago
    Quoted from RobF:

My 2011 ford escape has fit every pin i could throw at it. Widebody, fold down heads, etc.

#1032 5 years ago

Excellent, thanks for the information.

#1033 5 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

My 2011 ford escape has fit every pin i could throw at it. Widebody, fold down heads, etc.

Yes, the old boxy gen fits everything! The new ones the rear slopes so much that a few don’t fit right so the head has to be slid forward or game on its side, kinda sucks.

Quoted from RobF:

I have a 15’ escape and fit everything but a gottlieb sys3 I had to unbolt head and side it forward while folded.bring tools for that as a back up

#1034 5 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

I have a 2018 Escape and it has about 31.5 inches of space so it will haul one just fine. The seats fold flatter than some other SUVs but the "flap" that covers the gap when down means you need to have it rolling on something or some thick cardboard or other material to help it slide over that bump. And of course it has the plastic trim piece at the door which you need to be careful with to ensure it doesn't damage the edge of cabinet when it slides over.

2018 Escape SE AWD hauled the STTNG from CA to WA with zero problems. There was plenty of height in the cargo area. The length was fine, but needed to rotate the game slightly so the trigger was not digging into the driver's back. The 1.5T motor was surprisingly spunky especially considering the game, some luggage, 2 humans and multiple mountain passes. The power and responsiveness was quite impressive. The gas mileage on the other hand was not great, clocking in at barely 26mpg for 11 1/2 hrs of FWY driving including plenty of miles with a brisk tail wind. My '18 Forester XT for example with a more potent 2.0T would get an expected 30-32mpg. Still, it looks to be a great compact pin hauler.

20190228_074635 (resized).jpg20190228_074635 (resized).jpg

20190227_095848 (resized).jpg20190227_095848 (resized).jpg

#1035 5 years ago

Anyone have experience with a 2011 Infiniti QX56?

I may pick up a used one... While it looks like a pin certainly can fit inside, it's not clear it will fit through the hatchback. Looks mighty close.

... Altan

#1036 5 years ago
    Quoted from the_pin_family:

2011 jeep wrangler.... Check.

Exact vehicle I have and exact reason I came here. I'd buy you a beer. TY.

#1037 5 years ago
    Quoted from BrandonLaw:

Exact vehicle I have and exact reason I came here. I'd buy you a beer. TY.

Probably should make sure it’s a 2 door or 4 door. 4 door isn’t an issue, the two door not sure it would fit

1 week later
    #1038 5 years ago

Just bought a 2018 traverse and the body style is a little different than the 2017 and prior models on the list. I will be picking up a NIB CGC game next week and was wondering if the game in the box will fit in the new body style traverse. Apparently it wouldn't fit in the old body style. If someone knows the dimensions of a CGC game box, please let me know.

1 week later
    #1039 5 years ago

Had someone buy my pin and can say that their 2018 Chevy Equinox would not fit a stern GotG. Had to tie down the hatch and secure the game with straps. Definitely not ideal.

On another note my 2012 Mercedes GL450 can fit a standard pin shipping box without issue. 31”x31”x59” box with my WOZ still inside slide right in. Both 2nd and 3rd row folded down of course.

#1040 5 years ago

Has anyone used a Mazda CX 5?

#1041 5 years ago

Just saw the pictures of the 2020 Ford Escape and that rear hatch does not look encouraging.

#1042 5 years ago

Can confirm, a 2007 Buick Rainier can fit a Getaway:HS2 with no problems.
    Building a ramp to protect the carpeting and address the not-quite-flat floor helps tremendously.

IMG_20190405_161911958 (resized).jpgIMG_20190405_161911958 (resized).jpg
    #1043 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:

Can confirm, a 2007 Buick Rainier can fit a Getaway:HS2 with no problems.
    Building a ramp to protect the carpeting and address the not-quite-flat floor helps tremendously.
    [quoted image]

This doesn't surprise me. The Rainier is on the GMT360 platform (Trailblazer, Envoy, etc). My Trailblazer was a great pin hauler!

Chris

1 week later
    #1044 5 years ago

Just bought a 2018 Chevy equinox. Previously had 2011 Jeep Liberty. Measuring the rear opening of the equinox it was almost two inches larger than the Jeep Liberty. Just went to pick up a stern dale earnhart jr nascar machine and it wouldn’t fit. It is like 1/2 from fitting. Maybe less but could not push it in further. Super bummed. Took off head and made it work for this trip but just didn’t have time to investigate closer why it wasn’t fitting as we were trying to load in the snow storm here. Anyway for future people be warned.

#1045 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

Just bought a 2018 Chevy equinox. Previously had 2011 Jeep Liberty. Measuring the rear opening of the equinox it was almost two inches larger than the Jeep Liberty. Just went to pick up a stern dale earnhart jr nascar machine and it wouldn’t fit. It is like 1/2 from fitting. Maybe less but could not push it in further. Super bummed. Took off head and made it work for this trip but just didn’t have time to investigate closer why it wasn’t fitting as we were trying to load in the snow storm here. Anyway for future people be warned.

It's not you, it's the car. I posted a couple weeks ago same thing, had a buyer with a 2018 Equinox who couldn't get GotG into his vehicle all the way. About 1/2" is right.

#1046 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

It's not you, it's the car. I posted a couple weeks ago same thing, had a buyer with a 2018 Equinox who couldn't get GotG into his vehicle all the way. About 1/2" is right.

Haha yeah I read that too late. Even had this thread open at the dealership but just saw top post of 2005 equinox and newer were fine and my girlfriend has a 2014 and I use it a lot for pins so assumed it would be fine. Live and learn

#1047 5 years ago

Confirmed 2016 Toyota Rav4 can haul a Star Trek the Next Generation, STTNG wide body with room to spare. I padded the shooter handle so as not to damage the tailgate upon take off

Message_1553373284412 (resized).jpgMessage_1553373284412 (resized).jpg
    #1048 5 years ago

anybody have a 2017 forester?
    trying to fit a RBION stern in it
    Ripley's Believe It or Not!

#1049 5 years ago

Maybe someday I'll haul a pin or two in this...probably not though.

20170626_112659_zpsbx1ehgt5 (resized).JPG20170626_112659_zpsbx1ehgt5 (resized).JPG
    #1050 5 years ago
    Quoted from fuzz:

anybody have a 2017 forester?
    trying to fit a RBION stern in it
    Ripley's Believe It or Not!

I have a 2018 Forester XT, and have fit a TWD in mine. It is tight because of the passenger side rear roof mounted seat belt mount has a protrusion in the headliner. It hits the top side of the folded head and could cause some wear on headliner if not careful. You may be able to get by that moving the machine more to the left side while loading. I'll try that next time. You'll also want to have that seat belt detached and retracted up into the headliner if I recall correctly.

But anyway yes, a Stern just fits going in centered in my 2018, the last year of this gen Forester.

There are 2,573 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in/page/21?hl=robf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.