Topic Stats

• 2,567 posts
  • 809 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 56 minutes ago by king_pin
  • Topic is favorited by 187 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9289 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_3842 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3843 (resized).jpeg
    Hobbit_Collective_Move (resized).jpg
    IMG_7132 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3737 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3734 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3735 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3733 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3736 (resized).jpeg
    20240318_101947 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.55?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.35?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,567 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 52.
    #51 11 years ago

BTW, congrats on getting two great Sterns.^^^^^

(go back to the bottom of page 1)

#52 11 years ago

Thanks. Found these in the back of an arcade in Mississippi, unplugged and unloved. Told the manager I would like to take them off his hands, and a month later it all worked out. 1000 miles round trip to go back to get them, but I think it was worth it.

#53 11 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Will a 2011 Subaru Forester fit a machine?

I have a 1999 Subaru Forrester and I moved Bride of Pinbot and Batman (DE) before (each on their own trip). Legs off, head down...no problems.

8 months later
    #54 11 years ago

Could a Toyota Corolla (non-hatchback) 4-door fit a pinball machine with the backboard down? I don't think it would.

#55 11 years ago

Adding that a 2012 Nissan Rogue definately will not fit a Williams with a back box on. No problem taking the back box off... Not my car; was a rental.

#56 11 years ago

What's the tallest height dimension of a typical pin legs off and backbox down?

#57 11 years ago
    Quoted from fromthepinside:

Could a Toyota Corolla (non-hatchback) 4-door fit a pinball machine with the backboard down? I don't think it would.

Ummmm, not a chance on that one....doors wouldn't even open wide enough.

#58 11 years ago

I squeezed an old Gottlieb wedgehead into my 4 door VW Golf mk IV. Didn't even have to move the front seats forward.

Not sure a modern game would fit though - the hatch only had 2-3 inches clearance.

#59 11 years ago

Pontiac Aztek. Yep, it's ugly but when you have the sliding package tray, the machine will slide in and out on it.

#60 11 years ago
    Quoted from arizonabuck:

What's the tallest height dimension of a typical pin legs off and backbox down?

Don't know of any database with that info.

Every manufacturer appears to be slightly different, and different pins within a manufactures line varied too.

Robert

#61 11 years ago

For the English members

Ford - Mondeo Estate

#62 11 years ago

Two pins and a cocktail vid in the back of a short wheelbase Plymouth Voyager.

That was in a pinch, normally one will fit comfortably.

DSC01274Medium.jpgDSC01274Medium.jpg DSC01275Medium.jpgDSC01275Medium.jpg

#63 11 years ago

Clearly the "Pin Wiki" is not kept up to date.

Did you see the section on pricing.....LOL.

According to the Wiki all of these pins are $3000-$4000:

Attack from Mars
    Circus Voltaire
    Safecracker
    Lord of the Rings
    Spider-Man
    Theatre of Magic
    The Simpsons' Pinball Party
    Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure (Williams version, not Stern)
    Twilight Zone

#64 11 years ago

Anybody know if a pin, including a wide body, would fit inside a PT Cruiser?

#65 11 years ago

The old man can get a wedgehead in his Toyota Prius. You should see the look you get when you pull up at someones house to get a game in a Prius.

#66 11 years ago

Smart Car (not mine)

idst2t.jpgidst2t.jpg smart_versus_starwars.jpgsmart_versus_starwars.jpg

#67 11 years ago

A Pin won't fit but Who care's !!

Iron_Horse.JPGIron_Horse.JPG

#68 11 years ago

When you guys talk about the rav4 seats coming out, do you mean completly or just that they fold down? Picking up a whirlwind today not sure if I should bring a trailer too for it

#69 11 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

A Pin won't fit but Who care's !!

Nice one BR!

3 weeks later
    #70 11 years ago

Anyone fit a pinball in a VW Tiguan? Didn't see anything on the wiki. Dimensions look OK but was curious if anyone has tried.

#71 11 years ago

I got a 2013 Ford Escape, which hauls a single pin nicely. It's also a good ride with tight steering. Don't confuse it with earlier Escapes, which were completely different vehicles. Also, I am 6'6" and have plenty of legroom.

#72 11 years ago

Scion XD = One standard body pin with head taken off (head must be put in first on one side)
    Scion XB = One widebody pin, head folded down (no problem)

#73 11 years ago

Chevy Traverse - like a glove

#74 11 years ago

I got my Lights, Camera, Action into my 2009 Yaris 2 door Hatchback. Had to take the head off and fold it against the back of the cab... but it went. Almost got the hatch closed too.

#75 11 years ago

Anyone ever tried to fit a pin in a 2012 dodge journey?

#76 11 years ago

full size 90s era bronco. They fit, but you need to take the shooter rod off, 50 inches from the back of the foldup seats to the gate.

-Wes

#77 11 years ago

You can easily fit any standard or widebody pin into a new (2011+) Dodge Durango. A Gottlieb Premier was the tightest fit due to the height but it did fit.

If you removed the backboxes you could fit two standard pins and still shut the back.

9 months later
    #78 10 years ago

Anyone use a Subaru Outback?

#79 10 years ago

2002 Buick Rendezvous. My wife got a 4x8 sheet of plywood in there with the hatch closed!

#80 10 years ago

Just buy a truck. Put a shell on it to keep out the rain. Works for me.

#81 10 years ago

I'm looking at a 2013/2014 Ford Explorer.. I assume I would have no problem but wouldn't mind getting some info from any owners out there

#82 10 years ago

Subaru Outback anyone?

#83 10 years ago

To fit most games, one needs ABOUT, 24 inches horizontal clearance, 30 1/2 inches vertical clearance and 60 inches depth at the opening; the opening is usually smaller than the interior.

Robert

#84 10 years ago

My Ford Escape 2005 has fit all of my pins with the legs off and head folded, including gottlieb sys 3's and wpc95's. Only had 1 in at a time. Lots of room left, even had the 1 rear seat folded up so 3 people could fit in the suv. You could fit the pin and dolly.

My question is, will a pin fit in a Mazdaspeed 3 and a Subie STi wagon.

#85 10 years ago

Recently fit a WPC game into a 2014 Subaru Forester. Game just fits with the backbox on.

1 month later
    #86 10 years ago

Since there have been a lot of questions recently, I thought I'd resurrect this thread...please add any info you have here.

Thanks.

Robert

#87 10 years ago

Two pins will fit into a Honda Odyssey with the second row of seats taken out.
    One pin will fit with one section of second row of seats either taken out or moved forward.

#88 10 years ago

For the record. A D&D will fit in a Subaru Outback due to the uniquely shaped cabinet with the backbox folded down, A standard size 80's-90's Williams will not fully fit, but in a pinch can be loaded coin door first and strapped down if you drive carefully.

#89 10 years ago

Wide Body WPC as well as DATA EAST version 3 pins will fit into a 2008 Honda Fit, just barely.

#90 10 years ago

I am hoping my TZ will fit into my VW Tiguan .....anyone know? it is all about the hatch

#91 10 years ago

Tiguan is an inch or two too short for a pin - it's wide and deep enough. If you removed the plastic lining you might have a shot...kinda wish I had waited for the Mazda CX-5, apparently that fits pins fine.

#92 10 years ago

What about a 2014 Explorer?

#93 10 years ago

Toddsolus, just looking at your post again - are you saying you got your non-wide bodies in your Tiguan?

#94 10 years ago
    Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

What about a 2014 Explorer?

Well, it's a fifth generation...so all of them should be the same...right?

Robert

#95 10 years ago
    Quoted from DarkWizard:

Subaru Outback anyone?

I have a Subaru Outback and a pin will not fit in it. I shoehorned a redemption game in it with half of it hanging out the back.

I have been able to fit a CFTBL and a Tommy in a Ford Edge on separate trips.

#96 10 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

Tiguan is an inch or two too short for a pin - it's wide and deep enough. If you removed the plastic lining you might have a shot...kinda wish I had waited for the Mazda CX-5, apparently that fits pins fine.

Oh yes the CX5 fits fine, I've moved several in mine. Anything but a system 3 from what Ive been told.

#97 10 years ago

An Audi A3 Hatchback fits a pin with the backbox disconnected.

#98 10 years ago

I fit 2 stern machines in a chevy traverse. tight fit but got um home just fine.

#99 10 years ago

I would like to know if an attached headed pin will fit in wagons like a 2001 saab 9-3 / 9-5

#100 10 years ago

westofrome....nah I haven't tried yet...I have a feeling it is the same as my Scion xA too short. But I think with the head removed at the side hinges I could push it down the cab and make 2 inches of clearance...because the front of the pin is shorter than the back.

There are 2,567 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.