Topic Stats

• 2,563 posts
  • 808 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 hours ago by mbl1116
  • Topic is favorited by 187 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9289 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_3842 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3843 (resized).jpeg
    Hobbit_Collective_Move (resized).jpg
    IMG_7132 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3737 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3734 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3735 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3733 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3736 (resized).jpeg
    20240318_101947 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.55?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.35?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,563 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 52.
    #901 5 years ago

I was able to move the Black knight with the head removed and a Tales from the Crypt with the head folded in the back of the 2014 Pilot. BK was sideways in front up against front seats. TFtC pushed in head first up to the BK. BK backbox on right side of TFtC cabinet.

20180806_102831 (resized).jpg20180806_102831 (resized).jpg
    2 weeks later
    #902 5 years ago

Hey guys,

My Volkswagen Tiguan, which was always just too short to fit a modern pin with the backbox folded anyway, looks like it's giving up the ghost and I need to pick a new car, my first new one since getting into the pinball hobby. Basically I'm looking for something used/ affordable that:

*can fit a modern pin, the easier load the better
    *has backup camera, bluetooth, and keyless entry

Looking at what's available locally, so far I've narrowed things down to the following, which are all roughly the same price/milage:
    *2015 Mazda CX-5 Touring
    *2016 Mazda CX-5 Sport
    *2015 Ford Escape Titanium
    *2014 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS (not sure if this fits a modern pin?)

Any thoughts, or anything I'm missing?

#903 5 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

Hey guys,
    My Volkswagen Tiguan, which was always just too short to fit a modern pin with the backbox folded anyway, looks like it's giving up the ghost and I need to pick a new car, my first new one since getting into the pinball hobby. Basically I'm looking for something used/ affordable that:
    *can fit a modern pin, the easier load the better
    *has backup camera, bluetooth, and keyless entry
    Looking at what's available locally, so far I've narrowed things down to the following, which are all roughly the same price/milage:
    *2015 Mazda CX-5 Touring
    *2016 Mazda CX-5 Sport
    *2015 Ford Escape Titanium
    *2014 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS (not sure if this fits a modern pin?)
    Any thoughts, or anything I'm missing?

RAV4?

#904 5 years ago

Test-drove the CX-5 yesterday and it was fun to drive. measured about 31 inches from the lip of the hatch to the top so good there. Nice feature set for a good price in the Touring trim, too. The screen interface was a little clunky and they don't support CarPlay yet, plus you need to spring for the highest trim to get SiriusXM, so that's my only reservation.

Going to compare price/features/hatch clearance on the 2018 Rav4 and CR-Vs. Anyone with those models care to chime in on the pin-loading experience?

#905 5 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

Test-drove the CX-5 yesterday and it was fun to drive. measured about 31 inches from the lip of the hatch to the top so good there. Nice feature set for a good price in the Touring trim, too. The screen interface was a little clunky and they don't support CarPlay yet, plus you need to spring for the highest trim to get SiriusXM, so that's my only reservation.
    Going to compare price/features/hatch clearance on the 2018 Rav4 and CR-Vs. Anyone with those models care to chime in on the pin-loading experience?

Cx5 has a pretty high load if I recall so you really have to lift the game to get it in.

Crv is really nice for what it is, but beware of the 1.5 l engine for now.

#906 5 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

If you are going new you may want to wait a few weeks and see a 2019 Rav4 for comparison. The pictures of the 2019 look better inside and out to me than the 2018. I also, believe the bluetooth interface is supposed to be the superior software (Apple or whatever).
    My wife will likely be getting a 2019 Rav4 next year to replace her 2005 Rav4.

https://www.carsdirect.com/2019/toyota/rav4

Regarding the CRVs, there was just some news about major engine problems. Also, the Rav4 has been using a timing chain and I believe the CRVs have been using a timing belt which requires replacing at around 100k miles.

#907 5 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Also, the Rav4 has been using a timing chain and I believe the CRVs have been using a timing belt which requires replacing at around 100k miles.

Incorrect. It's a timing chain.

Here's more info on the latest gen CR-V potential engine problems:
    https://www.consumerreports.org/car-repair-maintenance/honda-cr-v-affected-by-engine-trouble/

I'm sure I'd feel differently if my CR-V was one of the (few but increasing number of) cars affected, but I have no doubt that Honda will make this all right. Eventually.

#908 5 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

Incorrect. It's a timing chain.
    Here's more info on the latest gen CR-V potential engine problems:
    https://www.consumerreports.org/car-repair-maintenance/honda-cr-v-affected-by-engine-trouble/
    I'm sure I'd feel differently if my CR-V was one of the (few but increasing number of) cars affected, but I have no doubt that Honda will make this all right. Eventually.

That is good. For some reason Honda is still using timing belts on a lot of their vehicles:

http://yourcarangel.com/2015/06/honda-timing-belt-timing-chain-list/

#909 5 years ago

What mini vans can fit 2 with ease?

#910 5 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

What mini vans can fit 2 with ease?

Any Dodge Grand Caravan or Chrysler Town and Country with the Stow-N-Go seats fits 2, and possibly a third crosswise.

#911 5 years ago

2014 CRV has no trouble with WMS, Data East, and modern Sterns. Room to spare and easy loading. The 2.4 CRV engine is time tested reliable, same engine for many years and plenty of acceleration. Timing chain too.

Had great luck with my 2002 CRV over the years, moved classics, WMS and Stern pins no problem. Didn't try others. Super reliable, put 75k on it over 4 years without a hitch from 100k to 175k. I'm sure it'd have gone another 75k no problem. Just started to show its age cosmetically.

2007 Nissan Murano will fit a WMS.

#912 5 years ago

Bump for RAV4? Does a standard sized modern pinball fit in a RAV4?

#913 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Bump for RAV4? Does a standard sized modern pinball fit in a RAV4?

I know that 2005 to 2015 RAV4's will fit a typical Williams/Bally or recent Stern. I am not 100% sure but am guessing 2016 to 2018 will fit. 2019 RAV4's are redesigned so will have to wait and see on that when they come out.

http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Vehicles_for_Moving_Pinball_Machines#Toyota

1 week later
    #914 5 years ago

2018 Forester was very tight with a modern Stern. It was just touching the headliner. The bulge in the ceiling from the middle seatbelt and the bump in between the cargo floor and rear seats are the limiters. Only will go in front first. Head first will not work.

20181021_170615.jpg20181021_170615.jpg
    #915 5 years ago

Has anyone tried fitting a pin in a Hyundai Kona?

#916 5 years ago

Anyone tried a 3rd gen (2014-current) Acura MDX yet?

#917 5 years ago

2013 Honda Fit.

Fit a Stern Spider-Man just BARELY with head folded down. Had to remove wrapped blanket and gently press up headliner in the rear opening to get it to slide in. Once in, room to spare. Was challenging to remove as well, but no damage done to game or car.

Put a Williams Space Mission in the Fit with plenty of room to spare.

#918 5 years ago
    Quoted from Grandnational007:

Anyone tried a 3rd gen (2014-current) Acura MDX yet?

Not even close to fitting.

#919 5 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Not even close to fitting.

Ugh, I figured I could make use of the wife's mommy-mobile this winter or during rain.

I hadn't taken a tape measure to it yet to measure (And I'm not humping a machine up from the basement to try test fit it, just for the sake of test fitting, haha), but it looked close.

#920 5 years ago
    Quoted from Grandnational007:

Ugh, I figured I could make use of the wife's mommy-mobile this winter or during rain.
    I hadn't taken a tape measure to it yet to measure (And I'm not humping a machine up from the basement to try test fit it, just for the sake of test fitting, haha), but it looked close.

You need 30-3/4" to clear a stern. I think the mdx was like 28 or 29. The older generation did work.

1 week later
    #921 5 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

Hey guys,
    My Volkswagen Tiguan, which was always just too short to fit a modern pin with the backbox folded anyway

I have a 2018 Tiguan SE. I just picked up a TSPP. I was worried id have to take the head off, but with some persuasion we were able to get it into the car without damaging anything. The trick was to take the "Car Go system" mat that covers the spare tire, and put it upside down and on top of the highest point with the head folded down. It went in with a little force, and after it got past the 2" low spot it was fine. Getting it out was a little harder, but not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I measured about 30" for the clearance, needed just a tad more and it would have been smooth sailing.

#922 5 years ago

Anyone tried a Jaguar F Pace?

#923 5 years ago
    Quoted from drewski28:

Anyone tried a Jaguar F Pace?

Won’t fit.

#924 5 years ago

Anyone know about the civic hatchback yet? My fit is failing hard and needs replaced. Would prefer to get a civic since honda apparently thinks the fit can only be bone standard with no nice features...

#925 5 years ago

Just rented a Dodge Grand Caravan to pick up a few pins. The doors are just wide enough for one to go in through the side doors after it is wrapped in blankets and shrink wrapped. I heard you can fit three but based on how two looked in there, you would need to be pretty creative to fit a third. There might be enough room to remove the heads, and invert them on top of each other with the heads next tot hem or on their sides inverted with the heads on top of them. I'm glad I didn't have to mess with that.

#926 5 years ago
    Quoted from Syco54645:

Anyone know about the civic hatchback yet? My fit is failing hard and needs replaced. Would prefer to get a civic since honda apparently thinks the fit can only be bone standard with no nice features...

I heard the new fits still fit a pinball machine

#927 5 years ago

I am thinking about importing one of these, its a Subaru sambar, the back seats fold flat and has 6ft of cargo space and a huge trunk, 650cc supercharged 4 cylinder and AWD and the engine is in the back
    Its a Japanese Kei van
    Subaru_Sambar_Dias_001 (resized).jpgSubaru_Sambar_Dias_001 (resized).jpg

#928 5 years ago
    Quoted from dondon4720:

I am thinking about importing one of these, its a Subaru sambar, the back seats fold flat and has 6ft of cargo space and a huge trunk, 650cc supercharged 4 cylinder and AWD and the engine is in the back
    Its a Japanese Kei van
    [quoted image]

I was just looking at the same thing yesterday. With an average sale price around $1000 for them at auction, it's hard to not consider one. Although I would probably go with a Nissan Caravan or Toyata Hiace over these.

#929 5 years ago
    Quoted from dondon4720:

I heard the new fits still fit a pinball machine

yes but cant get a fit now with 2 growing boys. as much as it pains me to get out of the fit just need to do this. my next car will probably be a fit but this time i need something a bit larger. from my measurements looks like a civic will fit a pin just fine once the head is removed. nbd there.

#930 5 years ago
    Quoted from SeymorGoldfarbJr:

I was just looking at the same thing yesterday. With an average sale price around $1000 for them at auction, it's hard to not consider one. Although I would probably go with a Nissan Caravan or Toyata Hiace over these.

I was looking at a company called Duncan imports in Virginia, they do all the paperwork for you and inspect be the vehicles they are about 8,000 if you get one through them, I wish Honda would bring back the element

#931 5 years ago

if you can find a toyota previa, that's supposedly a great pin hauler.

#932 5 years ago

i am going to the dealership on saturday and will take measurements of pins with me. fairly certain a civic will fit a pin just fine without the head attached. hopefully they can find one that i want as my fit is 2 steps from dead...

#933 5 years ago
    Quoted from dondon4720:

the vehicles they are about 8,000 if you get one through them

That's a lot of van or trailer rental fees!

Robert

#934 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrSanRamon:

That's a lot of van or trailer rental fees!
    Robert

Convenience though. Not having to pik up and drop off a rental each time is nice. Granted, I have a small route, so I may move games more often than most. It's nice to have a pin hauler though.

2 weeks later
    #935 5 years ago

I'm told a Safe Cracker sits higher, folded, than other pins of that era....thus I'm not sure a 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe will work? Anyone?

2 weeks later
    #936 5 years ago

I can confirm that our Deadpool Pro fit just fine in a 2017 Honda HRV, with a 3/4" wooden dowel underneath to help it roll in.

#937 5 years ago

Tight squeeze, but AFM slides into a 2019 Subaru Forester head first (probably coin door first too).

#938 5 years ago

I have a 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe and can say that a Safe Cracker does not fit, folded....the htach opening is ~32.25" - the same as SC folded - so if you take the dome light out - you can fit it...BUT because the seats don't lay flat - the pin goes upward as it goes in...and it just don't work....so you have to turn it on it's side.....I believe most other pins will fold with less height and thus fit fine....but that was my recent experiment....

1 week later
    #939 5 years ago

What years and models of a Toyota Prius will hold a pinball machine?

#940 5 years ago

I can confirm that a 2018 Volvo XC60 will NOT fit a pin and allow the hatch to close... The hatch can be partially closed and the pin strapped in place with the butt hanging out though.

#941 5 years ago

Subaru can haul 2, over the Rockies last week

IMG952018120995182648226 (resized).jpegIMG952018120995182648226 (resized).jpeg
    #942 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

[quoted image]

Awesome

#943 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

[quoted image]

Wow is that a late 90s Forrester, don't see many of those anymore

#944 5 years ago

As far as the Honda Element goes, can you fit a pin with one of the back seats still in place? maybe remove the other back seat from the vehicle? If the pin is loaded coin door first? Could remove the head I guess, but would rather not. Anything get decent mpg and can still put a car seat in the back? minus the minivan. My 02 explorer works, but the mpg is garbage.

#945 5 years ago

2015 Honda Fit: Yep

20181217_110745 (resized).jpg20181217_110745 (resized).jpg20181218_103542 (resized).jpg20181218_103542 (resized).jpg

#946 5 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisRAD:

As far as the Honda Element goes, can you fit a pin with one of the back seats still in place? maybe remove the other back seat from the vehicle? If the pin is loaded coin door first? Could remove the head I guess, but would rather not. Anything get decent mpg and can still put a car seat in the back? minus the minivan. My 02 explorer works, but the mpg is garbage.

I had a Gottlieb sys3 in a element with the back seats folder up to the sides.

#947 5 years ago

2007 Honda Fit: YES.
    2015 Honda Fit: Yes...

One pin, plus two passengers, my stuff, their stuff, and tools. I have yet to try with 2 pins, although I am told it can be done.

I think I want to pick up a 1973 VW Kombi for game transport to shows...

#948 5 years ago

Anyone comment on a 2019 Ford Edge? Considering a Edge st and I see they changed some opening size at the rear hatch. Also would be interested in knowing if the 60 split rear seat being down could fit a pin with the 40 up.

#949 5 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Anyone comment on a 2019 Ford Edge? Considering a Edge st and I see they changed some opening size at the rear hatch. Also would be interested in knowing if the 60 split rear seat being down could fit a pin with the 40 up.

Our 2018 Edge will fit a pin - in theory. My fiancee bought it with the notion of both of us going to get a pin together. Hasn't been done yet, but I absolutely trust her judgment and measuring aspects.

Now that I think about it, I am darn sure we used a 2018 Edge to pick up CFTBL last December. I'll check with her when I get off work today and follow up here.

#950 5 years ago

To those new to this thread, to find out about a specific vehicle, go to near the top of this web page (on the right hand side).

Locate the search engine called "Find in Topic". It's about 4-inches from the top of this page.

In the box "Posts Containing Key Word(s)", enter the vehicle you are interested in...and hit enter

You will be rewarded... I hope.

Robert

There are 2,563 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.