Topic Stats

• 2,563 posts
  • 808 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 43 hours ago by mbl1116
  • Topic is favorited by 186 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9289 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_3842 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3843 (resized).jpeg
    Hobbit_Collective_Move (resized).jpg
    IMG_7132 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3737 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3734 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3735 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3733 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3736 (resized).jpeg
    20240318_101947 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.55?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.35?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,563 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 52.
    #851 5 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Sold my 2014 Forester , good riddance. Yes it holds a pin but after 87,000 miles I was tired of the issues. Battery went dead at 3 years , AC lost it’s charge around the same time soon after the Leather seats split open, and I never came close to 32 mpg . I also got blown all over the highway in wind and it sucked in the snow. My Honda Pilot is great for hauling pins and it was worth the extra bucks to get a product that didn’t seem to be made of thin cheap metal.

My wife has no problem getting 32MPG in ours. I don't drive it often enough to know if I'd do better or worse. Otherwise, no trouble at all as of yet with about 35k on it.

#852 5 years ago
    Quoted from andrewket:

It did not fit in the S. It just fit in the X with the backbox removed. This is with the non-folding second row seats and the 2nd row non-removable console. If you have the 5 or 7 seater with the foldable second row it should be super easy.

Thanks, saves me trying (and failing). The Model S is a big car but I figured the opening was going to be an issue.

#853 5 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Serious question....Can you still have a back seat passenger in the jeep when the pin is in there? I like to have that option as I sometimes take my father in law and nephew when I go to shows and stuff, and was thinking about a Wrangler. I can do it in my Durango, but the top doesn't come off that
    Thanks
    Chris

No, not really possible, both seats have to be down for the game to fit

#854 5 years ago

I was able to fit a Bally Harlem Globetrotters in my 2015 Chevy Volt. Fit like a glove and didn’t even have to move my front seats forward.

1F0D61FF-E07B-43B4-89FF-C444014704C2 (resized).jpeg1F0D61FF-E07B-43B4-89FF-C444014704C2 (resized).jpeg43430D56-025F-4BBA-8BC2-1A1F3376E089 (resized).jpeg43430D56-025F-4BBA-8BC2-1A1F3376E089 (resized).jpeg
    #855 5 years ago

Can anyone verify newer Sterns will fit in a 2016-2018 Ford Edge? Thinking of getting one. I see pics earlier in the thread of Bally/Williams titles just barely fitting and rubbing the roof at the backbox latch. In my experience Sterns are a little tighter in our current Equinox, soooo....

#856 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinKopf:

Can anyone verify newer Sterns will fit in a 2016-2018 Ford Edge? Thinking of getting one. I see pics earlier in the thread of Bally/Williams titles just barely fitting and rubbing the roof at the backbox latch. In my experience Sterns are a little tighter in our current Equinox, soooo....

Some info here...

Robert

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in?tq=edge&tu=

#857 5 years ago

Toyota verso fits a pin easily and even space in the back to accommodate 1 person.

1DCD6E9C-3CAF-43FF-935B-09C772BFDF65 (resized).jpeg1DCD6E9C-3CAF-43FF-935B-09C772BFDF65 (resized).jpeg6BADD94E-5953-4566-AE34-83721B3E33DA (resized).jpeg6BADD94E-5953-4566-AE34-83721B3E33DA (resized).jpeg
    #858 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinKopf:

Yep, but just barely. I moved a GOTG pro in one. The backseats do not fold flat and there is a sizable lip on the cargo area edge but it will fit with the head folded down. I'd recommend something like small PVC for rollers at the front to help get the front edge up onto the back of the backseats but you definitely can't have anything other than a blanket or something at the back or it won't fit. It's an odd realization of the current SUV / crossover market that the smaller Escape can haul one easier due to the hatch design.

#859 5 years ago

The GF wants a car of her own. She’s sick of driving a 2016 GMC 3500 lifted Long Bed. Says it’s hard to park. Women ....

So the Truck might have to go. To replace it the vehicle will need to be able to tow our side by side (Can Am Maverick X3) in the Summer and Snowmobiles in the winter. Would also need to fit a pinball machine inside. Anyone have and recommendations? BMW X5? Audi SUV?

A9F3A7B8-E934-42E0-912D-CFF752E33F77 (resized).jpegA9F3A7B8-E934-42E0-912D-CFF752E33F77 (resized).jpeg
    #860 5 years ago
    Quoted from Waldo:

The GF wants a car of her own. She’s sick of driving a 2016 GMC 3500 lifted Long Bed. Says it’s hard to park. Women ....
    So the Truck might have to go. To replace it the vehicle will need to be able to tow our side by side (Can Am Maverick X3) in the Summer and Snowmobiles in the winter. Would also need to fit a pinball machine inside. Anyone have and recommendations? BMW X5? Audi SUV?

My take on the Luxury, not enormous, SUV market, based on doing the research two years ago is that the X5 is probably the best choice that will still hold a pin. If you get it with the twin-turbo V8 it's very quick and handles well for what it is. We've seen good reliability out of 5 series BMWs the last 10 years or so, not the same as an X5 but the same powertrain anyway. It is due for a refresh next year but a similarly spec'd Audi will be at least $10K more and I don't think any of their current lineup in that size will haul a pin anyway because the hatches are all sloped off too much. I'm interested to see what the new mid-size models from Lincoln are like, if they are as good as the Navigator and they put the top of the line boosted V6 in them it may be worth a look. It still won't be as quick as that X5 V8 though! Biggest drawback to the X5 IMO is the absolute lack of color choices both outside and in, not a big deal if you're okay with black, grey or white but if you want anything else forget about it.

#861 5 years ago
    Quoted from Waldo:

Anyone have and recommendations?

A V-8 (5,7L, 360 Hp & 390 ft-lb torque) Grand Cherokee can hold a pin and haul 7000#...and probably be at least $10k less than the BMW.

Robert

#862 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrSanRamon:

A V-8 (5,7L, 360 Hp & 390 ft-lb torque) Grand Cherokee can hold a pin and haul 7000#...and probably be at least $10k less than the BMW.
    Robert

And if you want to haul a pin plus you and 2 passengers, AND tow your stuff, the AWD Durango is great (nonwitholding the fuel economy). The R/T has the same V8 as the Grand Cherokee. If you want more grunt you can get the SRT which gives you the 6.4L V8 and 475 HP while sounding pretty darn amazing. 8700 pl of towing too with the SRT.

Chris

#863 5 years ago

So, what is the best rental car to fit two pinball machines? Only need room for them and 1 driver

#864 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Robert

Yes, but the BMW has nearly 500 HP (it's rated at 445 but that's clearly under-rated), will smoke the same G.C. in any kind of performance test and have a much nicer interior. I guess it depends on what you care more about.

#865 5 years ago
    Quoted from jmhewitt:

So, what is the best rental car to fit two pinball machines? Only need room for them and 1 driver

A Minivan......

#866 5 years ago

Deleted post.

1 week later
    #867 5 years ago
    Quoted from Duvall:

I can confirm that the first generation Cadillac SRX (2004-2009) fits pins very nicely with both rows of seats folded down. Bumper-height is nearly the same as a pin with the legs on. I've been wanting to add little decals of pins moved like fighter jets do for kills....

Anyone hauled a pin in a 2011 SRX?

#868 5 years ago

Just an update/warning on the Chevy Sonic hatchback (reference post https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in/page/7#post-3090760 ) ...

I've moved approximately 10 different EMs in my Sonic with no problem -- and then I finally hit a snag when I picked up a Far Out. Far Out's backbox -- and some other mid-70s Gottliebs' too -- is 28" tall x 28.5" wide backbox. I was unable to fit this in the Sonic hatchback using my standard packing method shown in that previous post; the backbox is too tall, I couldn't stand it up.

It may still be possible, though it might require uncomfortable/unsafe driving positions and/or partial removal of the back seat. I had a friend with me at the time, so when we couldn't get it to fit, we just split it up between the two cars (one took backbox, other took lower cabinet).

#869 5 years ago
    Quoted from Waldo:

Volkswagen Atlas V6 4motion. A lot more room than the BMW X5 and Audi Q7. You can probably fit the snow mobile inside the car.....well almost.

#870 5 years ago
    Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

Volkswagen Atlas V6 4motion. A lot more room than the BMW X5 and Audi Q7. You can probably fit the snow mobile inside the car.....well almost.

Been looking at that car, a lot of room, like it, but Ive read significant first year issues. How’s yours holding up? Parts not readily available.

#871 5 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

Anyone hauled a pin in a 2011 SRX?

Did some research....a pin will not fit in a 2011 Cadillac SRX

#872 5 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Been looking at that car, a lot of room, like it, but Ive read significant first year issues. How’s yours holding up? Parts not readily available.

I have not had any issues. Well one minor one. My 360 degree surround camera was not properly calibrated when I took possession of the car (last year June....early adopter). Took them 2 months to find the tools to realign, but they took care of a full month lease payment to make up for it, and to he honest, was not bad at all. It is perfect now and I had zero issues with the car.
    We have the SEL premium, I simply had to get the digital dash board and the vented seats. Totally worth it. I have a client who just got a Q7 and after he saw our Atlas, he regretted spending all that money on the Q7 and getting a smaller car.
    The V6 has good power and the 4montion is really great when you go into the mountains in the winter.
    It is my wife's car and she would not trade it for anything.

#873 5 years ago
    Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

I have not had any issues. Well one minor one. My 360 degree surround camera was not properly calibrated when I took possession of the car (last year June....early adopter). Took them 2 months to find the tools to realign, but they took care of a full month lease payment to make up for it, and to he honest, was not bad at all. It is perfect now and I had zero issues with the car.
    We have the SEL premium, I simply had to get the digital dash board and the vented seats. Totally worth it. I have a client who just got a Q7 and after he saw our Atlas, he regretted spending all that money on the Q7 and getting a smaller car.
    The V6 has good power and the 4montion is really great when you go into the mountains in the winter.
    It is my wife's car and she would not trade it for anything.

Awesome, thx. Do you think it would fit two pins at a time? 2 stern games?

#874 5 years ago

I moved a Twister pin in a 2018 Hyundai Santa Fe a couple of weeks ago.

It was an incredibly tight fit, but it did work.
    I brought a Torx screwdriver in case I needed to remove the back lip and latch, but I didn't need to.
    I had to move the rear seats all the way forward. Once it was in, I could move them back a bit.
    During transit, the pin presses up slightly against the headliner at the rear. Make sure the pin is clean first, or put something between it and the headliner.

#875 5 years ago

Hey all, great thread... Has it been determined yet if the 2011+ Durango can move 2 pins? Thanks!

#876 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rensh:

Toyota verso fits a pin easily and even space in the back to accommodate 1 person.

This kind of amazes me.

#877 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cherga:

Hey all, great thread... Has it been determined yet if the 2011+ Durango can move 2 pins? Thanks!

Go to the top of the page and click on the "Find in Topic" line. Then enter "Durango".

You will be rewarded... I hope.

Robert

#878 5 years ago

Thanks - Did that prior to my question... I saw an arcade and pin fit but also saw a couple others with the same questions as mine - Doesn't look like it's been answered.

#879 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cherga:

Thanks - Did that prior to my question... I saw an arcade and pin fit but also saw a couple others with the same questions as mine - Doesn't look like it's been answered.

I think that the dimensions of the 2011 thru present are identical for the 3rd generation Durango.

Someone moved 2 in a 2015, so more than likely you can in a 2011 too, depending on the machine...as they are a bit different. Probably can't move 2 wide bodies.

Robert

#880 5 years ago

Thanks Robert. I’m moving two standard WMS machines with my 2014 so hopefully it should be good.

#881 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cherga:

Thanks Robert. I’m moving two standard WMS machines with my 2014 so hopefully it should be good.

I have a 2015 R/T. I moved a Phantom of the Opera and a Galaga Mini at the same time.It was tight (but I didn't move my front seats up). I honestly don't think I could have fit 2 pins though, at least with the heads attached. With the heads removed, I think it could work as you can move emth further down the bodies (if that makes any sense).

The 2011 is a 3rd gen so I believe the dimensions are the same. If you go for it I'd love to hear how it turns out and pics would be great too! I love my Durango and things it's great for moving a machine.

Chris

#882 5 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Serious question....Can you still have a back seat passenger in the jeep when the pin is in there? I like to have that option as I sometimes take my father in law and nephew when I go to shows and stuff, and was thinking about a Wrangler. I can do it in my Durango, but the top doesn't come off that
    Thanks
    Chris

No. Both seats need to be down.

#883 5 years ago
    Quoted from tjprice222:

2012 Tiguan but never tried it. What kind of game was this? Williams, Bally? DMD?

We just hauled Bally Atlantis, head folded down in the wifes 2015 Tiguan, back seats folded down pin fit w/o any issue, hatch closed and everything.

#884 5 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Awesome, thx. Do you think it would fit two pins at a time? 2 stern games?

sorry for the late reply. 2 might get a bit tight, don't believe it is wide enough at the hatch

#885 5 years ago
    Quoted from splitskull:

No. Both seats need to be down.

I swear I hauled a pin with my 60 rear folded and my 40 up in my jku

#886 5 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

I swear I hauled a pin with my 60 rear folded and my 40 up in my jku

The old ones where you take the head off.

#887 5 years ago
    Quoted from splitskull:

The old ones where you take the head off.

What about just loading a new dmd game coin door first?

For sure backbox off, I hauled a BK with the 60 side dropped

#888 5 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

What about just loading a new dmd game coin door first?
    For sure backbox off, I hauled a BK with the 60 side dropped

I always load them coin door first. Doesn't seem to have enough room for a dmd for head, only with the 60 down. Maybe because I got the subwoofer?

#889 5 years ago

Toyota Sienna, best pin hauler. We have 2 of them!

#890 5 years ago
    Quoted from splitskull:

I always load them coin door first. Doesn't seem to have enough room for a dmd for head, only with the 60 down. Maybe because I got the subwoofer?

Man, now I totally am interested to move another game lol. I’ll try it next time, I have a baywatch to move at some point.

#891 5 years ago

Anyone know if a 2011 Audi Q5 can move a Stern SAM game?

#892 5 years ago

I have a 2014 Honda pilot. Pinwiki says (2010-2015) - Can fit two standard sized machines with folding heads without removing the heads. One machine is loaded through the rear, then turned sideways over the folded down rear seats. Head remains attached and folded down - it will be a tight fit with the headliner (ie - touching it), but works nonetheless without damage. The other game can be placed in the rear with the front of the cabinet facing the side of the sideways facing game sitting on the folded rear seats. Recommend putting some sturdy thick padding between the games just in case. Games moved this way : Williams 1995 "No Fear!" and Sega 1999 "Harley Davidson".) Does anyone have any first hand experience with this setup? I will be moving a Black Knight with the head removed and placed in the front seat, and a DMD with head folded down. I've measured and it looks tight but I think doable.

#893 5 years ago

anyone have any luck with a modern pin fitting in a Chevy spark and/or Sonic HB? I saw the post of the EM, but was wondering if anyone has tried system 1 or newer?

4 weeks later
    #894 5 years ago
    Quoted from epeabs:

I have a 2014 Honda pilot. Pinwiki says (2010-2015) - Can fit two standard sized machines with folding heads without removing the heads. One machine is loaded through the rear, then turned sideways over the folded down rear seats. Head remains attached and folded down - it will be a tight fit with the headliner (ie - touching it), but works nonetheless without damage. The other game can be placed in the rear with the front of the cabinet facing the side of the sideways facing game sitting on the folded rear seats. Recommend putting some sturdy thick padding between the games just in case. Games moved this way : Williams 1995 "No Fear!" and Sega 1999 "Harley Davidson".) Does anyone have any first hand experience with this setup? I will be moving a Black Knight with the head removed and placed in the front seat, and a DMD with head folded down. I've measured and it looks tight but I think doable.

Wish I could help but I’m exclusively EM. I am putting 2 Em’s , a grandfather’s clock (full sized mofo @ 78”) and a bunch of stuff in bankers boxes in my 2015 Pilot. Going from Subaru to Honda was the second best decision I’ve ever made.

#895 5 years ago

New Stern fits comfortably in a 2011 Ford Edge. Enough space to even raise your back seat if you need a third person to help with moving.

03E9B9CB-F38E-4AC8-9893-09042AA0379B (resized).jpeg03E9B9CB-F38E-4AC8-9893-09042AA0379B (resized).jpeg5D9ADB12-EF41-4DBE-8811-F61813F3F1E7 (resized).jpeg5D9ADB12-EF41-4DBE-8811-F61813F3F1E7 (resized).jpeg Added over 5 years ago:

Should say 2007 Ford Edge. Sorry!

#896 5 years ago

Moved a Jokerz the a X-files pinball in a 2018 Jeep Wrangler but it needs something to help slide over an area near the seat area that goes down, see photos, and yeah thats a skateboard board used.
    P.s... i used a 2×4 to lift the game at back corner up to get skateboard under it.

20180817_103352 (resized).jpg20180817_103352 (resized).jpg

20180817_103354 (resized).jpg20180817_103354 (resized).jpg

#897 5 years ago

Footage of Jokerz with a 2018 Jeep Wrangler

#898 5 years ago

Footage of a X-files pinball in a 2018 Jeep Wrangler

1 week later
    #899 5 years ago

2012 Toyota Prius C (NOT standard Prius!):

A modern Stern pin - with head removed and stood on edge in the space where your passenger front seat ordinarily sits and the cabinet laid in the main cargo compartment with the rear seatbacks folded down - will fit, but the hatch will have to be left slightly ajar on your ride home. Being ajar will cause the car's interior alarm to beep all the way home, but you'll be so excited about your cargo that you'll hardly notice!

Go, Prius C!

TWDLE.load.out.full.Prius (resized).jpgTWDLE.load.out.full.Prius (resized).jpg
    #900 5 years ago

Flipper Pool, Aladdin’s Castle, magliner handy truck, full sized Grandfather’s clock. Cooler, 4 boxes of stuff, a little room to spare . 2015 Honda Pilot

302FE6D5-40E6-4548-9A02-FF3052E4A491 (resized).jpeg302FE6D5-40E6-4548-9A02-FF3052E4A491 (resized).jpeg7B582007-8AF6-458D-A2C4-49B6BA765EEC (resized).jpeg7B582007-8AF6-458D-A2C4-49B6BA765EEC (resized).jpegEE9C6CC1-AE62-4107-A7AC-ACAC2DFB2B4E (resized).jpegEE9C6CC1-AE62-4107-A7AC-ACAC2DFB2B4E (resized).jpeg
    There are 2,563 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in/page/18?hl=jakers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.