Topic Stats

• 2,568 posts
  • 809 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by DarthPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 187 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9289 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_3842 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3843 (resized).jpeg
    Hobbit_Collective_Move (resized).jpg
    IMG_7132 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3737 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3734 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3735 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3733 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3736 (resized).jpeg
    20240318_101947 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.55?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.35?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,568 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 52.
    #751 6 years ago

Ive fit many out of box games in my 2016 Escape. I recently picked up a nib afmrle and had to remove the topper box and put it in the front seat while the box went in the back. It needed a good push to go in and come out.

#752 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

This is incorrect. My 2016 pilot, which is exactly the same as the 2017 body style, easily fits pins. I’ve had data east tftc, jjp hobbit, jjp di and many sterns in it. Clearance is correct at 31”, but it fits with room to spare.

Interesting the opening in my 2017 QX60 (32 inches) is bigger than the 2017 Pilot and TOM would not fit.

#753 6 years ago
    Quoted from TBatti:

Interesting the opening in my 2017 QX60 (32 inches) is bigger than the 2017 Pilot and TOM would not fit.

Bw games only require around 29” I think, should easily fit. Is your opening rounded too much maybe. Pilot is bigger than qx60. 83 vs 76 cu ft cargo space.

#754 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Bw games only require around 29” I think, should easily fit. Is your opening rounded too much maybe. Pilot is bigger than qx60. 83 vs 76 cu ft cargo space.

I measured the opening when we bought. 17 Pilot was a smaller height opening we put them side by side. Maybe the Pilot touring edition is different but it was smaller.

#755 6 years ago
    Quoted from TBatti:

I measured the opening when we bought. 17 Pilot was a smaller height opening we put them side by side. Maybe the Pilot touring edition is different but it was smaller.

The height is 31” for all pilots 2016-2017, but you only need 30.5” of clearance for stern games, bw smaller. You should measure how long of a run you have that 32”. A lot of suvs lose height fast because they round the opening.

#756 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

My Twilight would need about 30-31in to safely clear an opening.

#757 6 years ago
    Quoted from pacman11:

My Twilight would need about 30-31in to safely clear an opening.

It will fit in a 2016/17 Honda pilot.

#758 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

It will fit in a 2016/17 Honda pilot.

Okay thanks for the info.. Do you know what the opening is in a 16-17 Honda Pilot I didn’t bring my measuring tape when I looked at it last week.

#759 6 years ago
    Quoted from pacman11:

Okay thanks for the info.. Do you know what the opening is in a 16-17 Honda Pilot I didn’t bring my measuring tape when I looked at it last week.

Yes, it's 31. Beleve me, I would not have bought the pilot if it could not fit a pin. When you measure and look at it, it seems like it won't fit, but it will with about 1/4" to spare. The rear seat belt reduce's clearance, but it's not a factor.

#760 6 years ago
    Quoted from pacman11:

I have that vehicle. I don’t have the exact measurements, but I recently hauled a TSPP and a KISS Pro with no problems. It’s tight, but there is about an inch to spare IIRC.

I assume that it should work with your pins as well. Good luck!

#761 6 years ago

Alright thanks guys, brought my measuring tape this time around. 2015 pilot measured 33inches and the 2016 pilot measured 31-1/2inches..

2 weeks later
    #762 6 years ago

anyone put a pin in a Jeep Renegade??

#763 6 years ago

Jeep Renegade and Ford Mustang are no match...

350E7C47-6B02-4B0A-AAB3-401F067F0354 (resized).jpeg350E7C47-6B02-4B0A-AAB3-401F067F0354 (resized).jpeg

#764 6 years ago

Im looking at a 2011 mdx...seems it will fit most but rubs the top

#765 6 years ago
    Quoted from stricht:

dang! looks like you could unbolt the head and slide it forward though?

#766 6 years ago

2013 Tiguan. I think the new ones are bigger?

Someone mentioned earlier that a machine would not fit but it was the only option. Drove it this way 60 miles.

D7BE7754-962C-4B31-A377-960969CEE345 (resized).jpegD7BE7754-962C-4B31-A377-960969CEE345 (resized).jpeg

#767 6 years ago

Dang! I have a 2012 Tiguan but never tried it. What kind of game was this? Williams, Bally? DMD?

#768 6 years ago
    Quoted from stricht:

Thanks What about the new compass??

#769 6 years ago
    Quoted from tjprice222:

Dang! I have a 2012 Tiguan but never tried it. What kind of game was this? Williams, Bally? DMD?

It was a Williams WPC-95. It drove pretty good like that actually. Just have twine with you.

#770 6 years ago
    Quoted from tjprice222:

Looks like a MM

#771 6 years ago
    Quoted from stricht:

No but Jeep Renegade and WPC games are. I actually do have to move my Mustang. did it fit with the head slid forwards?

#772 6 years ago

We did not try it, but I don’t think it will show a difference

1A6F30A3-E5E7-4411-A82A-F92B33E20FFA (resized).jpeg1A6F30A3-E5E7-4411-A82A-F92B33E20FFA (resized).jpeg

#773 6 years ago
    Quoted from stricht:

We did not try it, but I don’t think it will show a difference

Was there still room from the back of the front seats to the front of the game?

#774 6 years ago

Has anyone used a 2014 Subaru Cross Trek? I measured the clearance but looks like it will be very close for most machines.
    My Kia Rio Hatchback looks like it has more space but not the same power.

#775 6 years ago
    Quoted from luckycreature:

Has anyone used a 2014 Subaru Cross Trek? I measured the clearance but looks like it will be very close for most machines.
    My Kia Rio Hatchback looks like it has more space but not the same power.

I don't think the hatch had 31+ inch opening.

#776 6 years ago
    Quoted from Duvall:

2013 Tiguan. I think the new ones are bigger?

Someone mentioned earlier that a machine would not fit but it was the only option. Drove it this way 60 miles.

I wonder if I could use my 2013 Subaru Outback this way??

#777 6 years ago

There was still enough space till the front seats, we just needed 1 cm more height to enter ...

#778 6 years ago

How are newer Ford Escapes for hauling pins? Like 2016/2017? I saw a post that said a Stern was a tight fit, but would fit. Same for Bally/Williams?

#779 6 years ago
    Quoted from loneacer:

How are newer Ford Escapes for hauling pins? Like 2016/2017? I saw a post that said a Stern was a tight fit, but would fit. Same for Bally/Williams?

I have a 15’, sterns fit, gottlieb sys3 the head had to slide forward some. I don’t think I’ve put a wms game in it yet.....

#780 6 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

I have a 15’, sterns fit, gottlieb sys3 the head had to slide forward some. I don’t think I’ve put a wms game in it yet.....

I have a '16 Escape. I moved a Data East (LAH) in it with no problem at all.

#781 6 years ago

This thread is too long to read it all. Does anyone know if a pin would fit in a 2016 nissan versa?

#782 6 years ago
    Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

This thread is too long to read it all. Does anyone know if a pin would fit in a 2016 nissan versa?

Don’t forget the link from the first post. It’s pretty accurate. http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Vehicles_for_Moving_Pinball_Machines

#784 6 years ago

4runner question for anyone that has them. Can I get two modern games with the heads on in the car? Had a friend with one do some measurements, but would like to be sure before I buy one.

Thanks!

#785 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

4runner question for anyone that has them. Can I get two modern games with the heads on in the car? Had a friend with one do some measurements, but would like to be sure before I buy one.
    Thanks!

I was looking at a new 4Runner recently and it would fit one I know. The height barley fit by about a 1/2 inch or less.

#786 6 years ago

prob getting a 2011 Acura MDX....looks like 31 1/2 is the clearance of the back opening...looks like it will be rubbing a few pins but should be ok

#787 6 years ago
    Quoted from billsfanmd:

prob getting a 2011 Acura MDX....looks like 31 1/2 is the clearance of the back opening...looks like it will be rubbing a few pins but should be ok

that's plenty of clearance. you only need 30-3/4". stern is bigger than bw.

#788 6 years ago

Please add 1986 Cadillac DeVille to the list of cars a pinball machine will fit into

20171203_164737 (resized).jpeg20171203_164737 (resized).jpeg

#789 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I have a '08 4Runner. I can get 1 in, but not two. Someone said it barely will fit one and that isn't true. I can get new in box Stern/JJP Widebody/WPC in it, leaving the box sealed.

I am certain I could get two EM's/early SS in it, but they will be on their sides with the heads strapped on top of the cabinets.

#790 6 years ago
    Quoted from 85Txaggie:

I have a '08 4Runner. I can get 1 in, but not two.

Were the front seats pushed all the way up? I was thinking I could get them in there like a T shape.

#791 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Were the front seats pushed all the way up? I was thinking I could get them in there like a T shape.

Not room for two machines in a T. I did have one full size game and a 1948 Exhibit Bounty in a T-shape, but the Bounty is small and was on its side. With the seats folded flat, there is maybe 6' from the front seats to the tailgate hatch.

#792 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Check out the new Ford Expedition XL - surely you can fit two in there!

#793 6 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

Check out the new Ford Expedition XL - surely you can fit two in there!

Yeah and get 2 miles to the gallon. Haha. The 18 that the 4Runner gets it bad enough. I’m trying to avoid a minivan but might have to go that route.

#794 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah and get 2 miles to the gallon. Haha. The 18 that the 4Runner gets it bad enough. I’m trying to avoid a minivan but might have to go that route.

The new ones got 17/22 in C&D testing - pretty good considering how damn big it is. That price though.... $$$!

#795 6 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

The new ones got 17/22 in C&D testing - pretty good considering how damn big it is. That price though.... $$$!

Yeah I can barely stomach the price of a 4Runner. At least their resale is amazing.

#796 6 years ago

I don't know if this will fit a pin in it yet, but almost don't care. New Volvo v60 wagon.

223569_New-Volvo-V60-exterior-1440x1048 (resized).jpg223569_New-Volvo-V60-exterior-1440x1048 (resized).jpg

#797 6 years ago
    Quoted from VacFink:

I don't know if this will fit a pin in it yet

What are you waiting for?

#798 6 years ago

Chevy Impala 2007 - Bally/Stern (Classic). The body will fit in the back seat across the seats. Head will fit into the trunk.

#799 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I can barely stomach the price of a 4Runner. At least their resale is amazing.

I love my 2003 4Runner, but sadly it will only fit one pin...Hrm...you might be able to put one up on the luggage rack.

#800 6 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

What are you waiting for?

I don't think its out yet, that's the inbound model. However I'm waiting for a windfall of about 25k to get this in a price range I can afford/justify. These won't be cheap and honestly barely drive the wagon I already have, but can appreciate how good this one looks.

I'll keep my finger's crossed I can live vicariously through someone else here on pinside for now.

There are 2,568 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.