Topic Stats

• 2,572 posts
  • 809 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by mof
  • Topic is favorited by 188 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0387 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9289 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_3842 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3843 (resized).jpeg
    Hobbit_Collective_Move (resized).jpg
    IMG_7132 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3737 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3734 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3735 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3733 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3736 (resized).jpeg
    20240318_101947 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.55?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 52.
    #701 6 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

The Atlas is a nice looking vehicle. Didn't realize they had that much room. That's great that you can still have one rear passenger along with a pin and some stuff. That's what really impressed me about my Durango too.
    Enjoy the new ride!
    Chris

Works with the 2nd row split row seat as well. You can keep the 1/3 portion up and flip the 2/3.
    That car is a beast from the inside. Hauled an off Road midway sit in drive arcade the other day. The guy I picked it up from was like "you need a truck for sure, no way this will fit in your car"....after we got it in, he simply said "no sh@#".
    Had a friend of mine in the 3rd row this weekend. He is 6'-2"....the girl in front of him in the 2nd row asked him if she should slide forward and he goes "no thanks, plenty room. It was a one hour ride only, but still.

#702 6 years ago

We finally picked up our new Explorer tonight! I liked the Sport and my wife really liked the "blue jeans" Platinum...so guess which one we got

I will say the platinum is really, really nice inside.

#703 6 years ago

All, need some quick advice. I've got an '06 Jeep GC. Looking at getting rid of it soon because the hatch dimensions are literally the size of a Bally/Williams game height wise.

Picking up a Jersey Jack game tonight. Are the folded down dimensions the same as a WPC game? (particularly max height). Like a WPC 29 1/2" fits, but 30" max height would not. I suppose taking off the head of a JJ game wouldn't be an insane task, but I'd rather not have to resort to that.

Thanks!

#704 6 years ago

I see a lot of talk about Jeep Grand Cherokee fitting. I was considering buying a Patriot or Compass. I saw the Royal Rumble fit about half way into that Compass a few months back. Any word on the Patriot? I'm assuming it won't fit.

#705 6 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

I see a lot of talk about Jeep Grand Cherokee fitting. I was considering buying a Patriot or Compass. I saw the Royal Rumble fit about half way into that Compass a few months back. Any word on the Patriot? I'm assuming it won't fit.

Measure the opening and then any spots that shrink from wheel wells to the seats folded. Need about 31" or more for height usually

#706 6 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

Any word on the Patriot

No it will not. We checked one out, and it measured way under. You'll have to take the head off.

#707 6 years ago
    Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

You got the captain chairs? Nice. I got mine 4 months ago. Premium SEL...captain chairs were not available yet.

Yes sir. We are thrilled with it. Needed a bit more room and it fits the bill well. Congrats on yours!

#708 6 years ago

This just in: CHR will not reliably fit a pin. Maybe if you turn it sideways and take the head off, but even then you'll probably be using lots of bungee cords and scratching interior plastics.

#709 6 years ago

Dodge caravan, Chrysler Pacifica

#710 6 years ago

Stern Stars WILL fit in a 2007 Ford Edge. Super Mario Bros. WILL NOT fit.

#711 6 years ago

I want to give props to this thread. It was a key piece of my research to find a rental car to drive one way with a pin.

There were a lot of issues with my rental, but ultimately it was a Dodge Durango that did the trip from Colorado.

Each model I searched within this thread that was posted with a positive or negative response was extremely helpful. Again, thanks to all that post in this thread.

#712 6 years ago
    Quoted from Waldo:

Tesla Model S?

I would think so, but I haven’t tried it yet. Have you?

#713 6 years ago

Will a pin fit in a 2017 Honda Pilot? It fits in my 2009 Pilot. I need a new car and I love the Honda Pilot.

#714 6 years ago
    Quoted from LitzDoc:

Will a pin fit in a 2017 Honda Pilot? It fits in my 2009 Pilot. I need a new car and I love the Honda Pilot.

Yes it will, easily. We have a 2016.

#715 6 years ago

Excellent. Thank you.
    Ps your mods are great. I have some for my TZ.

#716 6 years ago
    Quoted from LitzDoc:

Excellent. Thank you.
    Ps your mods are great. I have some for my TZ.

Thanks and you are welcome. I’ve had stern, bw and jjp games in the pilot, all clear. At first I wasn’t sure, but it’s not an issue.

2 weeks later
    #717 6 years ago

I wish this important, often-updated thread didn't bother me with its improper title. Every time I see it in the list my brain wants it to be corrected.

So, I'll just go ahead and say it:

Thread title should be "Vehicles in which a pinball machine fits"

Or if that sounds too uppity:

"Vehicles that fit a pinball machine"

OK, I feel better now.

#718 6 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

"Vehicles in which a pinball machine fits"

Do you hold your little pinky in the air when you say that? (kidding)

#719 6 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Do you hold your little pinky in the air when you say that? (kidding)

pinky (resized).jpgpinky (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #720 6 years ago

OK, I feel better now.

Pedantry is a disease of the ego.

#721 6 years ago
    Quoted from VacFink:

Is that when you get your feet done??

#722 6 years ago
    Quoted from VacFink:

What is not having a sense of humor a disease of?

A disease of what is not having a sense of humor?

#723 6 years ago

Anyone try to see if a pin will fit in a 2017 Infiniti QX60 SUV? Worried about the height opening.

#724 6 years ago

Anyone know about the new Honda Civic hatchback? I suspect it would work but maybe the hatch wouldn't close completely.

1 week later
    #725 6 years ago

Pins do not fit in this SUV

Quoted from TBatti:

Anyone try to see if a pin will fit in a 2017 Infiniti QX60 SUV? Worried about the height opening.

2017_infiniti_qx60_LIFE1_ot_206172_1280 (resized).jpg2017_infiniti_qx60_LIFE1_ot_206172_1280 (resized).jpg

#726 6 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Anyone know about the new Honda Civic hatchback? I suspect it would work but maybe the hatch wouldn't close completely.

Seconded...I am thinking of getting one. Does anyone know?

#727 6 years ago

Anyone know if a Landrover Discovery 2017 will fit a pinball machine?

#728 6 years ago
    Quoted from pacman11:

Anyone know if a Landrover Discovery 2017 will fit a pinball machine?

The hatch isn't big enough. I looked at those before I got my Durango. If you took the head off, it would work, but not with it just folded down. I think the clearence was 29 1/2" due to the rake of the roof.

I looked at many SUV's at the auto show, and had my tape measure with me the whole time. The dealers I thought I was a little off. They may be right, but not because of that

Chris

#729 6 years ago

I wish this important, often-updated thread didn't bother me with its improper title. Every time I see it in the list my brain wants it to be corrected.
    So, I'll just go ahead and say it:
    Thread title should be "Vehicles in which a pinball machine fits"
    Or if that sounds too uppity:
    "Vehicles that fit a pinball machine"
    OK, I feel better now.

This reminds me of a joke my decidedly southern mother used to tell:

A southern woman greeting her new neighbor that just moved in asks "Where do y'all come from?". The new neighbor, a transplant from the north, answers "Where I am from we do not end our sentences with a preposition." Without missing a beat, the southern woman rephrases the question and asks "Where do y'all come from, bitch?"

#730 6 years ago

2013 Subaru Outback?

subaru outback 2013.jpgsubaru outback 2013.jpg

#731 6 years ago

Looking for a new ride and I’d prefer it fit at least one pinball machine. I’m looking at an ‘18 Acura MDX or an ‘18 Nissan Pathfinder. The wiki list doesn’t really clarify if these models will work so I’m looking for anyone with first hand experience with these models. Also interested in feedback on these or similar models if anyone cares to share. Thanks!

#732 6 years ago

No on the Acura MDX, only about 28" of clearance. Honda pilot works.

#733 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

No on the Acura MDX, only about 28" of clearance. Honda pilot works.

Well, that just saved me some money. Thank you!

#734 6 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

2013 Subaru Outback?

Not with the head on. The roof has a hump that comes down about an 1" too low. It is frustratingly close.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#735 6 years ago

Thanks Rob!
    Grrrrrrr!

#736 6 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Thanks Rob!
    Grrrrrrr!

Well, I should say that I didn't attempt based on the measurements. I am not sure if one could be "persuaded" to fit. I have an '11 Outback, '05 LegacyGT Wagon, and a '04 Forester. The Forester is the only of the three that makes the pinball hauling grade.

#737 6 years ago

I know pins fit great in a cx-5 but was curious about CX-3. Looks like it's going to be tight for most pins with the head on:

cx3_cargo_height (resized).jpgcx3_cargo_height (resized).jpg

#738 6 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Thanks Rob!
    Grrrrrrr!

Picking up another scared stiff or preparing for Elvira 3?

#739 6 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Thanks Rob!
    Grrrrrrr!

Just call me! The Durango is always ready to move!

Chris

#740 6 years ago
    Quoted from tjprice222:

Looking for a new ride and I’d prefer it fit at least one pinball machine. I’m looking at an ‘18 Acura MDX or an ‘18 Nissan Pathfinder. The wiki list doesn’t really clarify if these models will work so I’m looking for anyone with first hand experience with these models. Also interested in feedback on these or similar models if anyone cares to share. Thanks!

If the Pathfinder has the same opening as the Infiniti Q50S since there are the same base model, a pin will not fit. You will want 33 inches minimum maybe more to fit it in or else it is tie down hell.

The problem is the new style SUV's all taper down at the back for aerodynamics and esthetics which makes the opening smaller vs the same model from 2-4 years ago..

20171223_165037 (resized).jpg20171223_165037 (resized).jpg
    20171223_165028 (resized).jpg20171223_165028 (resized).jpg

#741 6 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I know pins fit great in a cx-5 but was curious about CX-3. Looks like it's going to be tight for most pins with the head on:
    » YouTube video

26 inches in height = no chance unless the trunk sinks in 6 inches after the opening.

#742 6 years ago

Hey Durango owners can you fit a pinball machine in the cargo area without putting the second row seats down or do you have to fold all the seats down? Thanks.

#743 6 years ago
    Quoted from pacman11:

Hey Durango owners can you fit a pinball machine in the cargo area without putting the second row seats down or do you have to fold all the seats down? Thanks.

I have moved many machines in my Durango. 2015 R/T. I have to put one of the 2nd row seats down to move a pin. I have the captains chairs in the 2nd row. but even with the bench seat you'd have to put one side down. I didn't have to move the front seats at all, which is way more room than I had in my Trailblazer.

Let me know if you have any other Durango questions. I love mone!

Chris

DSCF0199 (resized).JPGDSCF0199 (resized).JPG

DSCF0200 (resized).JPGDSCF0200 (resized).JPG

DSCF0201 (resized).JPGDSCF0201 (resized).JPG

#744 6 years ago

How about a Toyota four runner? Anyone know if that will fit a pinball?

#745 6 years ago
    Quoted from RobF:

Well, I should say that I didn't attempt based on the measurements. I am not sure if one could be "persuaded" to fit.

Got ya! I got rid of the Forester. Thought the Outback was the same....

#746 6 years ago

Can I fit a pinball machine in a Honda? Or should I just buy that nice wagon sitting next to it.

1200px-Honda_600 (resized).jpg1200px-Honda_600 (resized).jpg

#747 6 years ago

I was just looking at a Honda Pilot today and it seems to have a large cargo area that would fit a pinball machine too.

#748 6 years ago
    Quoted from pacman11:

I was just looking at a Honda Pilot today and it seems to have a large cargo area that would fit a pinball machine too.

Depends on the year of the Pilot. I had a 2013 and it was easy. The newer style 2017 Pilot will not as the opening is about 31 inches. It is smaller than the 2017 QX60 and it won't fit in the QX60.

#749 6 years ago
    Quoted from TBatti:

Depends on the year of the Pilot. I had a 2013 and it was easy. The newer style 2017 Pilot will not as the opening is about 31 inches. It is smaller than the 2017 QX60 and it won't fit in the QX60.

Yeah I was looking at a 2015 Honda Pilot last night. It looked pretty big inside but I am also considering a Toyota four runner too.

#750 6 years ago
    Quoted from TBatti:

This is incorrect. My 2016 pilot, which is exactly the same as the 2017 body style, easily fits pins. I’ve had data east tftc, jjp hobbit, jjp di and many sterns in it. Clearance is correct at 31”, but it fits with room to spare.

There are 2,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in/page/15?hl=robf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.