Topic Stats

• 2,573 posts
  • 810 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by red-line
  • Topic is favorited by 189 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240423_144609 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0387 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9289 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_3842 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3843 (resized).jpeg
    Hobbit_Collective_Move (resized).jpg
    IMG_7132 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3737 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3734 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3735 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3733 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3736 (resized).jpeg
    20240318_101947 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,573 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 52.
    #651 6 years ago

I think it was posted earlier but the 2007 Ford Edge can fit a modern Stern with some breathing room at the top. That lip in the back is a bit of a pain, but had I put the machine on pool noodles, it would have rolled out easily.

IMG_5949 (resized).JPGIMG_5949 (resized).JPG

IMG_5947 (resized).JPGIMG_5947 (resized).JPG

#652 6 years ago

Anything that uses pool noodles as a solution is ok in my book! Rare to get two words together with 'oo' in them.

I also like imagining the discussion at the checkout at walmart.

'Oooh pool noodles! I bet your having fun this weekend'..
    'Yep, they're for my pinball machine'
    Blank stare as checker imagines a pinball machine in a simming pool. - priceless.

#653 6 years ago
    Quoted from 1967Firebird:

2016 Chevy Equinox fits a Pin put an X-Men in it today.

2017 Chevy Equinox fit a DI in it but it was actually kind of a tight fit. The back seats do not fold flat, which ended up being a little bit of an issue. They have changed those to lay totally flat in the 2018 though.

#654 6 years ago
    Quoted from adaman25:

Just finished moving a no fear in a 2017 Subaru outback. Barely fit height wise. Had to wedge it in and then back out. Luckily no damage to the roof liner. 1/4" more height would of made a world of difference. Had plenty of room length wise as a was able to fit the hand truck in front of it.

did you have to slide the head down? I am about to car shop and I am a subie fan but don't like the ride of the forester. thinking either the outback or the mazda cx-5

#655 6 years ago

Has anyone tried the focus hatchback?

#656 6 years ago

Could I get a machine in my hatchback?

I've actually had AC units and - 49"tv in the box back there, but doubt a pin would work.

IMG_3238 (resized).JPGIMG_3238 (resized).JPG

#657 6 years ago

Maybe a backbox would fit in there

Chris

#658 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

I measured one as I was looking at a focus rs. However it would depend on which model and year you are asking about?

I think the old wagon fits them. The new hatch back I think will fit if you unbolt the head and slide it forward.

#659 6 years ago

Fit a Williams Indiana Jones in my '09 VW Golf coupe.

2017-08-05 19.39.39 (resized).jpg2017-08-05 19.39.39 (resized).jpg

#660 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

I used to put pins in a 95 focus 2-door hatchback way back when. They stuck out a bit and you couldn't close the hatch but it worked more or less.... probably was also sucking exhaust fumes into the car.

#661 6 years ago
    Quoted from merccat:

I used to put pins in a 95 focus 2-door hatchback way back when. They stuck out a bit and you couldn't close the hatch but it worked more or less.... probably was also sucking exhaust fumes into the car.

I was thinking about the 17 model. they have a ton of rebates this month and can pick one up for 13500. if it can fit a pin then I might be in!!

#662 6 years ago

Strikes and spares in the back of a Volkswagen golf

IMG_0386 (resized).JPGIMG_0386 (resized).JPG

#663 6 years ago

Easily fit a pin in a 16/17 Kia Sedona. We will have one on display at the clevelandpinballshow.com

IMG_4838 (resized).JPGIMG_4838 (resized).JPG

#664 6 years ago
    Quoted from Brich:

Strikes and spares in the back of a Volkswagen golf

Oof. That head looks pretty rough. Cab looks pretty decent though.

#665 6 years ago

Head was destroyed, cab fairly rough, playfield unusually nice, probably a part out.

#666 6 years ago

So I was hoping for a Jeep Grand Cherokee or Dodge Durango to replace our current Durango. Looks like my wife likes the Explorer (and it's her turn to pick). At least I have her talked into the twin turbo V6 if we do go that route.

#667 6 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Looks like my wife likes the Explorer (and it's her turn to pick).

NIB will fit fine, without the box

#668 6 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

So I was hoping for a Jeep Grand Cherokee or Dodge Durango to replace our current Durango. Looks like my wife likes the Explorer (and it's her turn to pick). At least I have her talked into the twin turbo V6 if we do go that route.

Explorer sport. Mmm baby
    Hell the new Durango looks super good too. I just don't know if the new trans was fixed/reliable.

#669 6 years ago

2015 Explorer sport. Yep it works

#670 6 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

The Explorer Sport was in the runnung when I got my Durango R/T. It seemed a bit smaller to me (maybe your wife will prefer that) and seemed, I don't know, too polished? And now that the PA state police and every darn police precinct around here has them, I am glad I didn't get one. It may seem odd, but I prefer to have something I don't see all over the place. Yes, there are Durangos around, but nothing like the JGC or Explorers.

Don't get me wrong, it seemed like a nice vehicle, and I am fairly certain I would have liked it. The Twin Turbo v6 had a whole lot of scoot to it, but once I heard the V8 in the R/T I was hooked.

Whatever you get, be sure to post pics! Any of those 3 shoud serve well to move a game.

Chris

#671 6 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

I used the following rough guideline when shopping around: Cargo opening 30"w x 30"h x 52"deep, ideally 32" high
    I ran across a couple vehicles that were just under 30" and it wasn't good enough... you want a little room to put the game on a slider, furniture pads, etc, and avoid rubbing the ceiling. Some vehicles also had less room at the opening or less room toward the driver's seat, so it's definitely good to check measurements throughout.

Well the Rogue definitely worked.
    Independence Day was the pin,
    forgot to take pics for this thread.

#672 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinbuoy:

Well the Rogue definitely worked.
    Independence Day was the pin,
    forgot to take pics for this thread.

what year rogue was it? they have some good deals going on right now in my area.

#673 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

what year rogue was it? they have some good deals going on right now in my area.

it does have these false panels in the rear storage area,
    but they didn't seem to be a problem

you'll prob need a bumper guard too
    to protect the paint

#674 6 years ago

So funny, my friend just traded in his sedan and shows me his new pre owned car - a 5 door Acura crossover. My first thought was was "wow.... Now I can actually go buy a local game and pick it up.". He said he'd be down for that!

2 weeks later
    #675 6 years ago

Found out that the newest (15 - ??) Ford Edges will fit a Capcom / Bally / Williams / Stern game but it is a VERY tight fit and if the game has a back-box latch you'll need to remove it or deal with some indents in your head liner. The plastic rear trim piece also makes it a tough slide over the back so make sure you put something (thick cardboard worked well) to protect the bottom of the back of the cabinet. My old (07) Edge had a good inch or two of clearance but the sloped roof line killed that in the newest model.

PM in EDGE (resized).jpgPM in EDGE (resized).jpg

PM Tight Fit Edge (resized).jpgPM Tight Fit Edge (resized).jpg

#676 6 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

Found out that the newest (15 - ??) Ford Edges will fit a Capcom / Bally / Williams / Stern game but it is a VERY tight fit and if the game has a back-box latch you'll need to remove it or deal with some indents in your head liner. The plastic rear trim piece also makes it a tough slide over the back so make sure you put something (thick cardboard worked well) to protect the bottom of the back of the cabinet. My old (07) Edge had a good inch or two of clearance but the sloped roof line killed that in the newest model.

Thanks for posting with pics!

Yeah I'm not a fan of the big slopes of the new suvs. My escape does this too and it sucks

1 week later
    #677 6 years ago

I can confirm that a modern pin can fit in a 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport -- but just barely. It's a 2 person job. Here's what we had to do to make a Maverick fit:
    --> literally nothing can be under the pin, not even a blanket; if you have a cargo tray liner, take it out
    --> take off the back seat headrests when you put them down, and -- most importantly -- slide the back seats up as far forward as they'll go
    --> slide the machine in front first
    --> it might get stuck due to angle of the floor when you have the back seats down; you need to push the back seats down as hard as you can while lifting and pulling the pin forward, while the second person pushes the back of the pin
    --> it should just barely fit below the rear headliner
    --> taking it out is easier and can be done by one person
    If you remove the head, it would fit fine with no problem. There's enough room for the head in the cargo area, or buckle it in up front. It's the slight upward angle of the floor when you fold down the seats that makes things so tight with the head on the pin.
    Hope this helps,
    -- Jim

Added over 7 years ago:
    Update: White Water fit with no problem

#678 6 years ago

Easily fit 2 pins in my wife's Chrysler Town and Country.

#679 6 years ago

Have also fit 2 pins in my Honda Pilot but pretty tight fit there.

#680 6 years ago

Tesla Model S?

3 weeks later
    #681 6 years ago

Hi Honda Fit owners, anybody put a Sega in one? I have a 2013 Fit and about a 7 hour round trip, would like to use the Fit if possible. Everything sounds like it should fit, but thought I'd check before I take off.

TIA Dave

#682 6 years ago

2015 Toyota Sienna, I fit 2 pins with the middle seats removed and the back seats flat. One wide body and one typical sized pin, with room to spare. It gives you a lot of space and keeps your games out of the weather.

#683 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinsOnly:

Hi Honda Fit owners, anybody put a Sega in one? I have a 2013 Fit and about a 7 hour round trip, would like to use the Fit if possible. Everything sounds like it should fit, but thought I'd check before I take off.
    TIA Dave

which sega? big dmd, showcase?

#684 6 years ago

Fits! Data East TM in a 2014 Honda CRV LX. Great fit, not easy to get in and out due to the lip in the trunk and the incline of the back row laid flat.

#685 6 years ago

Two questions. First, approximately how tall is a pin with the head folded down? Second any experience out there with a Mazda CX-9?

Thanks,
    John

#686 6 years ago
    Quoted from DngrWillRobinson:

Two questions. First, approximately how tall is a pin with the head folded down? Second any experience out there with a Mazda CX-9?
    Thanks,
    John

Our 2014 CX-9 easily fit a pin.

#687 6 years ago
    Quoted from DareDevyl:

Not the most ideal car to transport with but we have picked up a Kiss and Space Shuttle with our 08 Hyundai Accent .

Oh hey. I have that exact car.

I wondered if that would work. I measured it and figured it might work with less than an inch of clearance, but I didn't want to try that experiment.

Good to know!

#688 6 years ago

Anyone have any experience fitting pins in a Toyota CHR? I got one a couple of weeks ago but I've not tried to put pins in it because they're upstairs and that's a test I don't feel like doing alone.

#689 6 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

which sega? big dmd, showcase?

Godzilla, I think it is a wood back box with a different shape to it on the edges of the back box.

#690 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinsOnly:

Godzilla, I think it is a wood back box with a different shape to it on the edges of the back box.

Mmm Well I found dimensions of the game. You'll have to measure your fit.

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/4443/Sega_1998_Godzilla_Manual_with_schematics_missing_pages_20_21_24_25_46_47_64_65_106_107_112_113.pdf

manual posted above. Page 12 of the PDF or DR10.
    I'm not sure how tall the game is. But I think it looks fairly similar to a williams or stern

#691 6 years ago

Well, I can confirm that Sega Godzilla does Not fit in my 2013 Honda Fit, at least not in the traditional way. Not ideal, but at least we got it home!

20171022_121909 (resized).jpg20171022_121909 (resized).jpg

#692 6 years ago

Looking at a 2014 jeep Cherokee. I'll sfoll through the thread. But looks like it should

#693 6 years ago
    Quoted from billsfanmd:

Looking at a 2014 jeep Cherokee.

make sure you measure as many jeeps don't have the 30" needed.

#694 6 years ago
    Quoted from billsfanmd:

Looking at a 2014 jeep Cherokee. I'll sfoll through the thread. But looks like it should

The Grand Cherokee is REALLY close, but works for a Bally / Williams from what I saw in this thread. The Cherokee is a bit smaller, so I would be leary of it working without moving th backbox down. Be sure to post here either way if you can confirm.

Chris

#695 6 years ago

Old style Cherokee - yes
    New style - No
    Grand Cherokee - yes

#696 6 years ago

New Volkswagen Atlas fits one with room to spare. Actually left one captains chair up with my son in it in the second row along with a suitcase and my tool bag. Pin was a Williams Getaway.

#697 6 years ago
    Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

New Volkswagen Atlas fits one with room to spare. Actually left one captains chair up with my son in it in the second row along with a suitcase and my tool bag. Pin was a Williams Getaway.

The Atlas is a nice looking vehicle. Didn't realize they had that much room. That's great that you can still have one rear passenger along with a pin and some stuff. That's what really impressed me about my Durango too.

Enjoy the new ride!

Chris

#698 6 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Old style Cherokee - yes
    New style - No
    Grand Cherokee - yes

A friend has a new trailhawk. 28 1/2 inches. So you are right. No pins

#699 6 years ago
    Quoted from billsfanmd:

A friend has a new trailhawk. 28 1/2 inches. So you are right. No pins

Well you can still unbolt a head hinge and slide it forward. I’ve done that a few times. Just need to be careful the wire harness isn’t pulled

#700 6 years ago
    Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

You got the captain chairs? Nice. I got mine 4 months ago. Premium SEL...captain chairs were not available yet.

There are 2,573 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.