Topic Stats

• 2,555 posts
  • 806 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Boat
  • Topic is favorited by 188 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7132 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3737 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3734 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3735 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3733 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3736 (resized).jpeg
    20240318_101947 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.55?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.35?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.27?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.46?PM (resized).png
    IMG_0296 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4899 (resized).jpeg
    Peel P50 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,555 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 52.
    #601 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mhulsebu:

I believe Gottlieb System 3 machines are about an inch too tall (without loosening head). Everything else with a folding head should be ok. Otherwise, just loosen head.

I think I had my 15' escape when I dropped off a Williams HS, Quint. THe 90's games I think fit though.

Mhulsebu is right though, gottlieb sys 3 will not fit unless you go in sideways or unbolt the head and slide it forward.

#602 6 years ago

Awesome! Thank You.

#603 6 years ago

Any one tried to get a machine into the Porsche Maacan with seats folded down? Concerned about height width looks just fine Cheers Bill

#604 6 years ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

Any one tried to get a machine into the Porsche Maacan with seats folded down? Concerned about height width looks just fine Cheers Bill

It won't fit in the Macan or the cayenne, height is too short.

#605 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

It won't fit in the Macan or the cayenne, height is too short.

Thanks Lermods will have to think of another way

#606 6 years ago

I was able to fit a WPC Hurricane in a 2015 Subaru Forester and also have three people seated in the car, driver, front passenger, and small seat. I was impressed.

20170603_143836756_iOS (resized).jpg20170603_143836756_iOS (resized).jpg

#607 6 years ago

I just pulled off the same feat with a Dirty Harry in my 2017 Honda CR-V. Room for 3 people and a machine was pretty amazing.

#608 6 years ago

We bought a 2017 Forester for my wife in February. I've moved a few games now (classic Bally and both old and new Willams) and all fit fine—I think a system 80b or 3 Gottlieb will be iffy due to the center rear seatbelt shoulder strap mount that protudes from the roof lining. That made the Road Kings I picked up almost not fit. Otherwise, my wife and I really love the car but as a pinhauler, our old Honda Fit was better. The Subaru rear seat fold can be a real bear to get a pin over and the hatch is about 6" taller than I'd like for an easy load. I'm currently looking for a mid 2000s Forester for myself... it's a little lower and has about another inch or so of cargo clearance if I measured correctly.

#609 6 years ago

Very tricky but it mostly fits in a modern Jeep Compass...
    20170612_114254 (resized).jpg20170612_114254 (resized).jpg
    20170612_114714 (resized).jpg20170612_114714 (resized).jpg
    20170612_113305 (resized).jpg20170612_113305 (resized).jpg
    20170612_113247 (resized).jpg20170612_113247 (resized).jpg
    20170612_110715 (resized).jpg20170612_110715 (resized).jpg
    20170612_121126 (resized).jpg20170612_121126 (resized).jpg

Had to pull the rear roof light out and the floor cover and the spare tire out.

Rental...

#610 6 years ago
    Quoted from jay:

We bought a 2017 Forester for my wife in February. I've moved a few games now (classic Bally and both old and new Willams) and all fit fine—I think a system 80b or 3 Gottlieb will be iffy due to the center rear seatbelt shoulder strap mount that protudes from the roof lining. That made the Road Kings I picked up almost not fit. Otherwise, my wife and I really love the car but as a pinhauler, our old Honda Fit was better. The Subaru rear seat fold can be a real bear to get a pin over and the hatch is about 6" taller than I'd like for an easy load. I'm currently looking for a mid 2000s Forester for myself... it's a little lower and has about another inch or so of cargo clearance if I measured correctly.

Layer some cardboard to make the game slide easier over a hump.

#611 6 years ago

2004 Subaru Forester with new stern. It is a pretty tight fit. I have a couple suggestions;

1) remove the key hanger on the back of the head
    2) remove the hatch opening roof trim piece. It just pops off and gives a bit more wiggle room. I figured this out after I took the picture.
    3) I am pretty sure it would have been easier to load the game rear first (opposite from my picture). At least this proves it fits the dumb backwards way as well.
    4) The biggest hurdle is squeezing past the middle rear seatbelt. You just have to fidget with the angle of approach and wiggle as needed. Once you get off the bottom of the hatch hump, it will have a little more clearance to move around.

20170611_153203 (resized).jpg20170611_153203 (resized).jpg
    20170611_153230 (resized).jpg20170611_153230 (resized).jpg

#612 6 years ago
    Quoted from RobF:

The biggest hurdle is squeezing past the middle rear seatbelt.

You can disconnect the belt where it attaches to the base in the seat, and it should retract into the ceiling.

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/104-gen-4-2010-2014/40790-back-row-middle-seat-belt.html

#613 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

You can disconnect the belt where it attaches to the base in the seat, and it should retract into the ceiling.
    http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/104-gen-4-2010-2014/40790-back-row-middle-seat-belt.html

Right. I meant to say the hump in the ceiling where the center belt retracts into is where this space is the tightest.

#614 6 years ago
    Quoted from RobF:

Right. I meant to say the hump in the ceiling where the center belt retracts into is where this space is the tightest.

Sorry, I misunderstood.

#615 6 years ago

I moved a system 11 pin, F14 in a 2017 Subaru Forester.

#616 6 years ago

I'm quite darn certain that after seeing the back of a "JEEP" Renegade that only a Zizzle would fit in it...

#617 6 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

I'm quite darn certain that after seeing the back of a "JEEP" Renegade that only a Zizzle would fit in it...

wrong. takes a WPC pin without moving the head.

20170402_114050 (resized).jpg20170402_114050 (resized).jpg

20170402_114028 (resized).jpg20170402_114028 (resized).jpg

#618 6 years ago

BMW X5 fits all pins in Head box off or on. Including wide bodies. Outside that its the best car in the world.lol. Made in USA.

IMAG0001 (resized).jpgIMAG0001 (resized).jpg

#619 6 years ago

My (t)rusty old Volvo V70 from 1997 will easily fit a pin. I just realized NGG and my car are from the same year

V70 (resized).jpgV70 (resized).jpg

4 weeks later
    #620 6 years ago

looking at possibly getting a 17 vw sportwagon, the opening looks big enough, anyone tried it yet??

#621 6 years ago

I would say if the game sticks half way out the back and you can't shut the door " That don't count !" Mr. Jeep Compuss .

#622 6 years ago

It's great to see so many options for vehicle purchasers who need to move pins.

I know that more than once my pin purchase was very impromptu. The reson I love the Durango I have is because if I am out with my wife (or even up to 2 friends) and there's a pin that I just HAVE to take home, I can do it with no problem. A pin, myself, adn 2 passengers is not a problem, and the vehicle still fits in t he garage, and if it's raining, I don't ave to worry about the pin getting wet in the bed of a pickup truck.

For me, it's been a fantastic vehicle. Plus it hauls ass when I need it to (and not just when I am in it).

Chris

#623 6 years ago

has anyone tried a Subaru Tribeca?

#624 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

has anyone tried a Subaru Tribeca?

I did, moved many pins (LOTR, Baywatch, Johnny Mnemonic, Woz, WMS Indiana Jones, Tron) and all fit in.

#625 6 years ago

2005 town & Country. 3 pins, high speed, congo, counterforce. On the return trip from pintastic, I was able to fit them in a little better. but sadly no pictures of that, was just to damn tired.

WP_20170706_11_19_30_Rich (resized).jpgWP_20170706_11_19_30_Rich (resized).jpg

WP_20170706_11_19_23_Rich (resized).jpgWP_20170706_11_19_23_Rich (resized).jpg

#626 6 years ago
    Quoted from Leo13:

I did, moved many pins (LOTR, Baywatch, Johnny Mnemonic, Woz, WMS Indiana Jones, Tron) and all fit in.

that is awesome news. I have been a subie junkie and need to get an suv now. I have heard that they are not as reliable as the typical subie. is this true? please tell me it aint so.

#627 6 years ago

2015 Honda CRV - William's Fish Tales in the back:

c7b2585071c2880f27e163c8470d2b918f9c55c9 (resized).jpgc7b2585071c2880f27e163c8470d2b918f9c55c9 (resized).jpg

#628 6 years ago

We had considered a recent-year Honda CR-V, but it seemed like the lips on the bottom of the rear hatch would be really annoying... is that not the case?

#629 6 years ago
    Quoted from dondon4720:

looking at possibly getting a 17 vw sportwagon, the opening looks big enough, anyone tried it yet??

I own a 2017 VW Sportwagen. I bought it with the hope it would be a pin-hauler. Haven't tried yet!

First New Car! VW Golf Sportwagen 2017 silk metallic blue (resized).jpgFirst New Car! VW Golf Sportwagen 2017 silk metallic blue (resized).jpg

#630 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ferret:

We had considered a recent-year Honda CR-V, but it seemed like the lips on the bottom of the rear hatch would be really annoying... is that not the case?

The 2017 is pretty flat as far as that goes.

907a8e33add2aff2588ae13313c96e14debdb0cb[1] (resized).jpg907a8e33add2aff2588ae13313c96e14debdb0cb[1] (resized).jpg

#631 6 years ago
    Quoted from wtuttle:

I own a 2017 VW Sportwagen. I bought it with the hope it would be a pin-hauler. Haven't tried yet!

I had an '11 TDi. Best vehicle I've ever had. Was a champ. So many miles and hauled a trailer great. No games with a head on unless you undid thenhead bolt and slid it forward and took top trim piece off hatch opening. Wanted a new model when I had to sell the diesel back to VW but hatch opening only got smaller. Heads will have to come off. Went GTi instead. More fun to drive than smaller gas engine wagon and fits the same games and rows just fine too.

-Jim

#632 6 years ago

2018 Volkswagen Atlas. Lots of room to spare. Apologies for the bad image quality.

20170719_200217 (resized).jpg20170719_200217 (resized).jpg

#633 6 years ago

Rented a 2017 Hyundai Sante Fe recently and a game fit.

#634 6 years ago
    Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

2018 Volkswagen Atlas. Lots of room to spare. Apologies for the bad image quality.

How do you like the Atlas? It's a nice looking SUV! Could you fit a pin and still have a rear passenger spot available?

Chris

#635 6 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

How do you like the Atlas? It's a nice looking SUV! Could you fit a pin and still have a rear passenger spot available?
    Chris

I had them all folded down but yes. Definitely could have at least one seat of the 2nd row still up.
    Car is pretty sweet. We went for the SEL Premium, and it gets a bit pricy at that point, but I am a tech and car guy, so I really wanted my all digital display cluster .
    Car is amazing. It is pretty big on the inside, 3rd row is comfortable for adults. And it does not feel that big driving it.... till you try to find street parking that is (at least in LA). It can park itself if needed though. Parralel and 90 degree, though I personally think if you cannot park your car yourself, you should not drive it at all

#636 6 years ago

I sure wish I had searched this thread earlier....

I can confirm that if you can not remove the head, it will not fit in an Audi Q7.

IMG_2850 (resized).JPGIMG_2850 (resized).JPG

#637 6 years ago

Dialed in fits in a 2016 Honda pilot.

FB95IMG951500665190261 (resized).jpgFB95IMG951500665190261 (resized).jpg

#638 6 years ago

Judge Dredd easily fit in a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. It's a tight fit at the hatch (see close-up photo), so you have to load it as close to the center as possible. Once the head clears the hatch, you can slide it over to maximize cargo space (if you need it).

It was pretty easy loading / unloading it.

IMG_2548-1 (resized).JPGIMG_2548-1 (resized).JPG

IMG_2544 (resized).pngIMG_2544 (resized).png

#639 6 years ago

Can people confirm that a pin (WPC) doesn't fit in a recent regular Cherokee Jeep (Trailhawk, for example)? I tried searching and, unfortunately, I only find entries for "Grand" Cherokee.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't fit...

#640 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bdeg:

Judge Dredd easily fit in a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. It's a tight fit at the hatch (see close-up photo), so you have to load it as close to the center as possible. Once the head clears the hatch, you can slide it over to maximize cargo space (if you need it).
    It was pretty easy loading / unloading it.

Nice! I passed on the Grand Cherokee because by the measurements I had, it was just too close to risk it. I went with the Durango. How far up does the pin rest? Is it right by the front seats? Do you need to move the driver's seat forward to put the rear seats down? That was the issue I had in the Trailblazer I had. Last questioon....is it possible to still use one of the rear seats?

Thanks in advance. Glad Dredd fit for you!

Chris

#641 6 years ago
    Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

VW baffled me with a Japanese transmission in the atlas. Asked the dealer about it and he didn't believe me until he read the window sticker. First vw I've seen like that.

I just wish they would stop teasing 100 different bus concepts and just release one already. I know it's going to be my next vehicle. Or bring the transporter vans here at least. Caddy van would be a perfect long haul pin getter.

#642 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

VW baffled me with a Japanese transmission in the atlas. Asked the dealer about it and he didn't believe me until he read the window sticker. First vw I've seen like that.
    I just wish they would stop teasing 100 different bus concepts and just release one already. I know it's going to be my next vehicle. Or bring the transporter vans here at least. Caddy van would be a perfect long haul pin getter.

Oh yeah. A new vanagon. Bully. Have to say though, I was very sceptical about the Atlas, my wife really wanted it, but it is growing on me every day.

#643 6 years ago

Nice! I passed on the Grand Cherokee because by the measurements I had, it was just too close to risk it. I went with the Durango. How far up does the pin rest? Is it right by the front seats? Do you need to move the driver's seat forward to put the rear seats down? That was the issue I had in the Trailblazer I had. Last questioon....is it possible to still use one of the rear seats?
    Thanks in advance. Glad Dredd fit for you!
    Chris

I figured some people would want to know these things, so I did check it out a bit. There was really no information on the 2014+ models, so I figured I would note what I could.

How far up does the pin rest?

See attached photo. It wasn't sitting against the lift gate, so it could have been moved back a little bit more. I had the legs wrapped in the blanket against the lift gate. It could have been pushed toward the driver's side 9 more inches (I measured it before unloading it).

Did you have to move the driver's seat forward?

The driver's seat was not adjusted and was on my memory setting. I am 6'0 and normally have car seats in the back and never have issues with leg room.

Would it be possible to have a rear passenger?

It MIGHT be possible if you folded both seats down, pushed it forward, then slid it as far left as it can go. I THINK the Grand Cherokee was exactly 32 inches from the door to the right rear passenger seat, minus however far the wheel well sticks out (I think it's about 6"). It's another five inches over to the head rest, so as long as pin / head clears the height of the rear seat, it should have plenty of width. JD is a superpin, so if it will fit, most should.

I just measured the rear seat height and the height of Judge Dredd at the point where the head folds down at the lowest point (towards the coin door). I can say with some degree of certainty that it will NOT fit IF you load it coin door first; however, if you load it head first, it MIGHT fit. The rear seat is about a half-inch taller than JD at the lowest point of the head (see photos), but if you load the machine head first, it MIGHT be enough to clear the seat and not hit. I can't guarantee it, but it looks POSSIBLE. The head is 10" long and would go from being about 24" to 21" to the bottom of the head if you load it head first. The Grand Cherokee rear seat is only about 5" deep. I think if you did it this way, you probably could have a passenger in the right rear; just don't put someone who is claustrophobic there.

TL:DR

The Grand Cherokee has plenty of room for a 6'0 person to haul one widebody WPC pin without adjusting the driver's seat. It's probably not possible to have a rear passenger if you load it coin door first. It looks very possible to have a rear passenger if you load it head first, but that person will probably hate you.

Quoted from altan:

Can people confirm that a pin (WPC) doesn't fit in a recent regular Cherokee Jeep (Trailhawk, for example)? I tried searching and, unfortunately, I only find entries for "Grand" Cherokee.
    I'm pretty sure it doesn't fit...

No idea about the regular Cherokee; make sure it has 30 inches of height at most points in the rear lift gate and that both seats fold down.

IMG_2549-1 (resized).JPGIMG_2549-1 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2593 (resized).JPGIMG_2593 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2594 (resized).JPGIMG_2594 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2595 (resized).JPGIMG_2595 (resized).JPG

#644 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bdeg:

I figured some people would want to know these things, so I did check it out a bit. There was really no information on the 2014+ models, so I figured I would note what I could.

See attached photo. It wasn't sitting against the lift gate, so it could have been moved back a little bit more. I had the legs wrapped in the blanket against the lift gate. It could have been pushed toward the driver's side 9 more inches (I measured it before unloading it).

The driver's seat was not adjusted and was on my memory setting. I am 6'0 and normally have car seats in the back and never have issues with leg room.

It MIGHT be possible if you folded both seats down, pushed it forward, then slid it as far left as it can go. I THINK the Grand Cherokee was exactly 32 inches from the door to the right rear passenger seat, minus however far the wheel well sticks out (I think it's about 6"). It's another five inches over to the head rest, so as long as pin / head clears the height of the rear seat, it should have plenty of width. JD is a superpin, so if it will fit, most should.
    I just measured the rear seat height and the height of Judge Dredd at the point where the head folds down at the lowest point (towards the coin door). I can say with some degree of certainty that it will NOT fit IF you load it coin door first; however, if you load it head first, it MIGHT fit. The rear seat is about a half-inch taller than JD at the lowest point of the head (see photos), but if you load the machine head first, it MIGHT be enough to clear the seat and not hit. I can't guarantee it, but it looks POSSIBLE. The head is 10" long and would go from being about 24" to 21" to the bottom of the head if you load it head first. The Grand Cherokee rear seat is only about 5" deep. I think if you did it this way, you probably could have a passenger in the right rear; just don't put someone who is claustrophobic there.

The Grand Cherokee has plenty of room for a 6'0 person to haul one widebody WPC pin without adjusting the driver's seat. It's probably not possible to have a rear passenger if you load it coin door first. It looks very possible to have a rear passenger if you load it head first, but that person will probably hate you.

No idea about the regular Cherokee; make sure it has 30 inches of height at most points in the rear lift gate and that both seats fold down.

Thank you for the in depth reply. It is sincerely appreciated. The Durango is to big for my wife (in her words). She may be looking at a JGC in the near future, Good to know if we're out and about that we can pick up a game

Chris

#645 6 years ago

Keep her away from the Grand Cherokee if you want to keep your Durango. Having said that, they are basically the same car. Steer clear of the diesel; I have heard nothing but horror stories from the people I know that owned them.

The 4Runner is good also, but it lacks a lot of convenience options like remote start, power lift gate (best thing ever), etc. If you don't care about any of that stuff, consider one of those. It's an actual truck, though, so the ride isn't as good as the Durango or Jeep. Resale value is among the best of any vehicle. And most importantly, it easily hauls pins.

#646 6 years ago

Anyone with a Jeep Wrangler JKU (4 door) have 1 rear passenger (40 seat up, 60 down) and a stern pin in theirs?

I was able to do so with my 2005 ford escape but taking a road trip with my JKU so...curious if I have to throw someone out

#647 6 years ago

Update on the 2015 Durango R/T - It can move a Galaga cabaret AND a Phantom of the Opera pinball in the same trip without moving the front seats. Took some creative loading but luckily the cabaret is light.

DSCF1021 (resized).JPGDSCF1021 (resized).JPG

DSCF1022 (resized).JPGDSCF1022 (resized).JPG

DSCF1023 (resized).JPGDSCF1023 (resized).JPG

DSCF1024 (resized).JPGDSCF1024 (resized).JPG

DSCF1025 (resized).JPGDSCF1025 (resized).JPG

1 week later
    #648 6 years ago

2014 Honda Pilot. NIB fits with the pallet... just. It gets very close to the roof liner near the front because the deck with the seats down slants. Unboxed pin is easy. Lots of space.

IMG_4024 (resized).JPGIMG_4024 (resized).JPG

#649 6 years ago

Just finished moving a no fear in a 2017 Subaru outback. Barely fit height wise. Had to wedge it in and then back out. Luckily no damage to the roof liner. 1/4" more height would of made a world of difference. Had plenty of room length wise as a was able to fit the hand truck in front of it.

#650 6 years ago

Chevy HHR moving a WPC (in this case JM). You need to remove the head hinge pins, then carefully lower the head on towels (or something soft) and slide it forward towards the lock bar about 4". At this time it would be a good idea to insert cardboard between the hinges and side art, to avoid side art damage, and then wrap everything up nice and tight. Then just slide the thing into the back of the HHR as shown, close the hatch, and drive away.

Removing the head hinge pins and sliding the head toward the lock bar allows you to get an additional inch of vertical clearance which is helpful in sliding the machine through the opening in the back of the HHR. The HHR's upper door trim piece is held on with about 4 or 5 clips, and pops off easy if you need additional clearance at the very top. That trim piece also re-installs easy when you want to put it back on.

When you slide the head towards the lock bar 4", you don't need to disconnect any wiring. The grey and black wire looms have enough slack in them to move the head this far pretty easily in every WPC I've had.

I figured I'd just take some pics, to show that yes, this is possible, (and easy..) with hinge pin removal.

20170805_152442 (resized).jpg20170805_152442 (resized).jpg

20170805_153857 (resized).jpg20170805_153857 (resized).jpg

20170805_153919 (resized).jpg20170805_153919 (resized).jpg

There are 2,555 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.