Topic Stats

• 2,564 posts
  • 808 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by DarthPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 187 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9289 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_3842 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3843 (resized).jpeg
    Hobbit_Collective_Move (resized).jpg
    IMG_7132 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3737 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3734 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3735 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3733 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3736 (resized).jpeg
    20240318_101947 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.55?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.35?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,564 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 52.
    #551 6 years ago
    Quoted from LitzDoc:

Thanks. My pilot is getting long in the tooth. I might need to buy a new one soon. So it will fit straight in head first?

No, you always load front first so when you take the game out it's easy to just rest it on the ground.

#552 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

No, you always load front first so when you take the game out it's easy to just rest it on the ground.

dis here is one good tip

#553 6 years ago

So true...front in first. Hurriedly picked up a pin and when I was on the ride home looked in the rear view mirror and saw the pin was in backwards. Made it difficult to get it back out.

Eric

#554 6 years ago

Anyone pick up a 2017 Honda Civic hatchback yet? I am hoping a pinball machine might fit in the back. I just can't do the Fit as they look like mini vans for hobbits. There appears to be enough room.

#555 6 years ago
    Quoted from chrisjens2:

Anyone pick up a 2017 Honda Civic hatchback yet? I am hoping a pinball machine might fit in the back. I just can't do the Fit as they look like mini vans for hobbits. There appears to be enough room.

You could try the honda hrv. Not as big as a crv but nicer than a fit.

#556 6 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Did you replace your alternator or wheel bearings yourself? Those and the water pump are the devil.... however I miss mine for the room. Friend has over 200k and spun a bearing at maybe 220-250k. Otherwise great car and lots of room for things

I did the alternator myself, on the side of the road about 3 miles from my house. Super PITA. I would have pulled it home and done the swap there but my parents and my in-laws were out of town that weekend IIRC.

#557 6 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

I did the alternator myself, on the side of the road about 3 miles from my house. Super PITA. I would have pulled it home and done the swap there but my parents and my in-laws were out of town that weekend IIRC.

how in the heck kind of wizard ultra magic did you change it out on the side of the road....mmmm through the wheel well ? I mean each of mine took like 6+ hours of pain and suffering.

#558 6 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

how in the heck kind of wizard ultra magic did you change it out on the side of the road....mmmm through the wheel well ? I mean each of mine took like 6+ hours of pain and suffering.

Mine took about that long too. I came up between the back side of the motor and the firewall. Was not simple, but I wanted to take apart as little as possible. I don't remember how much of the motor mounts I loosened, but it eventually came out. Being a few miles from home, I made a few trips back and forth to get tools as needed. I think I ended up making 4 trips. If the vehicle had not been facing north (putting me in the shade when working in the wheel well) I would have had it towed home and done it all there.

#559 6 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

Mine took about that long too. I came up between the back side of the motor and the firewall. Was not simple, but I wanted to take apart as little as possible. I don't remember how much of the motor mounts I loosened, but it eventually came out. Being a few miles from home, I made a few trips back and forth to get tools as needed. I think I ended up making 4 trips. If the vehicle had not been facing north (putting me in the shade when working in the wheel well) I would have had it towed home and done it all there.

Ah, you had the same pain. I feel for you doing it on the side of the road :/ uffda.

However I feel that old gen escape is GREAT to haul. Fits the games real nice. I have a 15' escape now....ugh hates the old big games like a sys 3.

#560 6 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Ah, you had the same pain. I feel for you doing it on the side of the road :/ uffda.
    However I feel that old gen escape is GREAT to haul. Fits the games real nice. I have a 15' escape now....ugh hates the old big games like a sys 3.

If I didn't have a Super Mario Bros, the future car planning might be a lot easier. But since I know how tall of an opening I might need, that actually is affecting my thoughts on things. My current thought is to keep the 04 going as long as I can.

#561 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Got it. Thanks. I wish I had thought of that 4 pins ago. LOL

#562 6 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Wondering if I can fit 2 in the Durango.........hmmmm.

If you removed the heads...yes...otherwise no.

#563 6 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

If I didn't have a Super Mario Bros, the future car planning might be a lot easier. But since I know how tall of an opening I might need, that actually is affecting my thoughts on things. My current thought is to keep the 04 going as long as I can.

They fit in the new escape if you unbolt and slide the head forward. Miss the boxy SUV!

#564 6 years ago

Doesn't really fit in a Jaguar F-Pace, at least an inch too small for a Hobbit.

hobbit_home (resized).jpghobbit_home (resized).jpg

#565 6 years ago
    Quoted from xbloodgreenx:

Doesn't really fit in a Jaguar F-Pace, at least an inch too small for a Hobbit.

I assume you already figured it out or used a different car. But you could unscrew the head, slide it forward. Had to do that to fit games in.

#566 6 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

I assume you already figured it out or used a different car. But you could unscrew the head, slide it forward. Had to do that to fit games in.

Yeah didn't have my tools with me to do it on this run (my first with this car). Did have straps though and just anchored the back of the machine and the hatch down.

#567 6 years ago
    Quoted from xbloodgreenx:

Yeah didn't have my tools with me to do it on this run (my first with this car). Did have straps though and just anchored the back of the machine and the hatch down.

HA! yes! And I know keep an extra strap in all my cars just in case

#568 6 years ago

I just bought a 2017 Mazda 3 sport and can confirm it will fit a pin with the head removed. Got my sorcerer in there the other day.

#569 6 years ago

NIB stern fits no problem in Lexus LX570

#570 6 years ago
    Quoted from gregh:

I just bought a 2017 Mazda 3 sport and can confirm it will fit a pin with the head removed. Got my sorcerer in there the other day.

Good to know. I bought a new Mazda 3 5-door hatchback about a month ago. I measured it before I bought it to see what length and size general items might fit but hadn't even thought about shoe-horning a pin in it.

#571 6 years ago
    Quoted from mnrocketry:

Good to know. I bought a new Mazda 3 5-door hatchback about a month ago. I measured it before I bought it to see what length and size general items might fit but hadn't even thought about shoe-horning a pin in it.

I can't speak for newer pins. But like I said I got a sorcerer in there with no problem. I'm gonna try a system 80b next weekend and see how that goes.

#572 6 years ago
    Quoted from chrisjens2:

This is the question I came to ask as well. I have the '17 Hatchback, my wife has the HRV. I'm sure hers is fine, but not sure if mine will carry my first pin purchase when it happens.

#573 6 years ago

Subaru trezia and toyota verso-s fit any modern pinball without loosening or removing the head.

20160918_132455 (resized).jpg20160918_132455 (resized).jpg

#574 6 years ago

2015 VW touran also no issues. You even need to lower only 2 of the 3 back seats.

#575 6 years ago

2017 Tundra 1794, no back seats
    +1 for Toyota

IMG_4612 (resized).JPGIMG_4612 (resized).JPG

IMG_4613 (resized).JPGIMG_4613 (resized).JPG

#576 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

2017 Tundra 1794, no back seats
    +1 for Toyota

Interesting...but dude...TRUCK.

#577 6 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Interesting...but dude...TRUCK.

Truck is probably for pins two and three

#578 6 years ago

Antanov AN-124 never had a problem hauling any pin. Don't even have to remove the legs =)

DSRV-1_loaded_into_AN-124 (resized).jpgDSRV-1_loaded_into_AN-124 (resized).jpg

#579 6 years ago
    Quoted from Toads:

Truck is probably for pins two and three

Iv had 4 pins and an Ac condenser on this truck, I think I could do 5 without the condenser... 4 in the bed and 1 in the cab!

#580 6 years ago
    Quoted from Traveler76:

Antanov AN-124 never had a problem hauling any pin. Don't even have to remove the legs =)

I think that could move MustangPauls entire gameroom, house and all!

#581 6 years ago

Hey guys. I'm pretty sure I found the answer but was wondering if anyone had pictures to help settle my anxiety. Will a pirates of the Caribbean fit in a 2014 Ford Escape? Making a pretty long drive and would hate for it to not fit once I get there. Also does anyone know the exact measurements of the pin with the head down and legs off? Thanks!!!

With the head on that is!

#582 6 years ago
    Quoted from CJD312:

Hey guys. I'm pretty sure I found the answer but was wondering if anyone had pictures to help settle my anxiety. Will a pirates of the Caribbean fit in a 2014 Ford Escape? Making a pretty long drive and would hate for it to not fit once I get there. Also does anyone know the exact measurements of the pin with the head down and legs off? Thanks!!!
    With the head on that is!

My 2015 escape fit a stern and sega. You should be good.

#583 6 years ago

Does anyone know if a modern folding head will fit in a vw golf sportwagon?

#584 6 years ago
    Quoted from schmittyz:

Does anyone know if a modern folding head will fit in a vw golf sportwagon?

I know WPC will IF you undo hinge bolts and slide the head down. That was with dropping the lower floor down. I have a 15 SEL with panoramic roof FWIW.

IMG_2374 (resized).JPGIMG_2374 (resized).JPG

IMG_2373 (resized).JPGIMG_2373 (resized).JPG

IMG_2372 (resized).JPGIMG_2372 (resized).JPG

#585 6 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

My 2015 escape fit a stern and sega. You should be good.

Will my Ford Escape 2012 fit a Sega with the rounded backbox eg. Starship Troopers?

#586 6 years ago
    Quoted from Shenanigander:

Will my Ford Escape 2012 fit a Sega with the rounded backbox eg. Starship Troopers?

Heck yes! That gen escape fits all games

#587 6 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Heck yes! That gen escape fits all games

Indeed it worked

#588 6 years ago

Don't know if I posted it, but a Ford Flex will fix a NIB pin with zero issues.

#589 6 years ago

Has anyone fit 2 pins in an enclave with the heads off?

#590 6 years ago

2012 VW Passat Station Wagon fits pins with head removed only. The rear seat cushions need to be hinged up so the floor is completely flat. I just flipped the pin head over the back so it was upside down with the back of the head against the base of the pin and didn't need to disconnect any cables. I'm going to build a plywood sled that I can set the pin up on in this configuration with straps and padding and then lift it on a trolley to then transfer by sliding straight into the back of the car. I will put large furniture sliders on the bottom of the sled.

#591 6 years ago

Can anyone comment on whether a system 11 pin will fit in a 2017 Chevy Sonic?

#592 6 years ago

A new Stern fits in a 2017 Ford Escape with no problem.

IMG_4932 (resized).JPGIMG_4932 (resized).JPG

#593 6 years ago

1" pvc sections, 3' ish wide, make great rollers for sliding it into the suv!

#594 6 years ago
    Quoted from JoachimR:

Subaru trezia and toyota verso-s fit any modern pinball without loosening or removing the head.

What is this Subaru you speak of?!?!? I wish Subaru had a SUV again

#595 6 years ago
    Quoted from EEE:

Can anyone comment on whether a system 11 pin will fit in a 2017 Chevy Sonic?

I don't know for sure -- if it's any help to guess/judge by pics, here are some of an EM in my 2012 Sonic (reference: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in/page/7#post-3090760 ).

Might only be one way to find out...

#596 6 years ago

Well... I broke literally every pin moving rule but I did it. A pin fit in my Prius. And a pachinko!

IMG_2909 (resized).JPGIMG_2909 (resized).JPG

IMG_2911 (resized).JPGIMG_2911 (resized).JPG

IMG_2910 (resized).JPGIMG_2910 (resized).JPG

IMG_2913 (resized).JPGIMG_2913 (resized).JPG

IMG_2912 (resized).JPGIMG_2912 (resized).JPG

#597 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

A new Stern fits in a 2017 Ford Escape with no problem.

Thank you for posting this. I have a 2016 Escape and was wondering if I could fit a machine in there.
    Sorry to ask such a noob question but if it fits a new Stern, will it also fit an early SS machine? Like a Firepower or BK?

#598 6 years ago
    Quoted from Quint:

Thank you for posting this. I have a 2016 Escape and was wondering if I could fit a machine in there.
    Sorry to ask such a noob question but if it fits a new Stern, will it also fit an early SS machine? Like a Firepower or BK?

Those heads come off or fold?

#599 6 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Those heads come off or fold?

Upon further review, I guess the head is bolted on those, so never mind I guess.
    But how about later B/W games with folding heads? Not sure if the dimensions are the same as a newer Stern.

#600 6 years ago
    Quoted from Quint:

But how about later B/W games with folding heads? Not sure if the dimensions are the same as

I believe Gottlieb System 3 machines are about an inch too tall (without loosening head). Everything else with a folding head should be ok. Otherwise, just loosen head.

There are 2,564 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.