1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by MrBally
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20220814-171452_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20220814-171520_Gmail (resized).jpg
    8C1D7376-8DB8-45AF-98B1-A7F1FF768E22 (resized).jpeg
    #1 1 year ago

I just saw reports of severe flooding in Vegas. Is the PHOF ok?

#2 1 year ago

I’m pretty confident that all is well at the PHOF. Flooding was in isolated areas, mostly residential. Las Vegas has a well engineered series of channels to carry excess water to Lake Mead. The channels in the newer subdivisions in the SW are still under construction. Photo taken an hour ago. There IS the typical flooding at intersections and roadways every time it rains here.

8C1D7376-8DB8-45AF-98B1-A7F1FF768E22 (resized).jpeg8C1D7376-8DB8-45AF-98B1-A7F1FF768E22 (resized).jpeg

#3 1 year ago

I was there last night. Their new building is nice and tight, and nowhere near a flood channel. It rained while I was inside, and I didn’t even notice.

#4 1 year ago

Vegas must be getting the tail end of the monsoons that rolled though AZ the last week or so.

#5 1 year ago

Big storm heading north right now.

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from Steve_in_Escalon:

I’m pretty confident that all is well at the PHOF. Flooding was in isolated areas, mostly residential. Las Vegas has a well engineered series of channels to carry excess water to Lake Mead. The channels in the newer subdivisions in the SW are still under construction. Photo taken an hour ago. There IS the typical flooding at intersections and roadways every time it rains here.
    [quoted image]

The storm and wash system is designed to drain all but a "hundred year storm" within two hours.

One of the Washes is less than 150' Northwest of the PHoF. There is a rumor that one of the feeds actually goes beneath the building. The building is a higher elevation so virtually no chance of ever needing sandbags by the doors.

#7 1 year ago

No damage whatsoever to the PHoF.

#8 1 year ago

Tim here at the PHOF
    The drainage channel in question is just 50 feet from the North side of our building. It is unlikely that it would overtop its concerte sides in even the most severe rains because we are right next to where the TUNNEL becomes a DITCH. The next point where the DITCH goes into a TUNNEL again is several city blocks away. The rain would have to back up all the way along this massive gallonage of ditch before it would over flow, and even then, we are almost a foot above that eleavation.
    Not saying impossible, but unlikely based on the fact we are next to an OUTFLOW point, not an INFLOW point. That's where it is going to flood.

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from timarnold:

Tim here at the PHOF
    The drainage channel in question is just 50 feet from the North side of our building. It is unlikely that it would overtop its concerte sides in even the most severe rains because we are right next to where the TUNNEL becomes a DITCH. The next point where the DITCH goes into a TUNNEL again is several city blocks away. The rain would have to back up all the way along this massive gallonage of ditch before it would over flow, and even then, we are almost a foot above that eleavation.
    Not saying impossible, but unlikely based on the fact we are next to an OUTFLOW point, not an INFLOW point. That's where it is going to flood.

So, even in a Waterworld, thanks to holding the high ground, PHOF would resemble a Gilligan's Island surrounded by White Water . Great to hear, Tim!

-Rob
    visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement type 1 sound board for classic Williams games

1 week later
    #10 1 year ago

Only two homeless corpses pulled out of the wash/ditch about a mile North of PHoF this past Friday. They live in the tunnels and refuse to evacuate. Once the wall of water comes at them, it's too late. They probably were "living" aboot two miles North near the Virgin Hotel as it's a good area to panhandle. White Castle, Liquor Stores and the giant Med Men cannabis store are great areas for that income source.

Screenshot_20220814-171520_Gmail (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220814-171520_Gmail (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220814-171452_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220814-171452_Chrome (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vegas-flooding-is-phof-ok and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.