Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 113 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by genex
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    IMG_1555.jpg
    image_1.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 8 years ago

Wow....Wow....and Wow!

I have read that the pins at New York New York are well maintained, but I wasn't prepared for how amazing they are. Zippy fast and they play like they're fresh out of the box. I already burned through a $20 card last night/ this morning and my wrists are killing me, but I'm not only going back for more, but extending our trip by a couple of days.

Well done, Larry!

#102 8 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Wow....Wow....and Wow!
    I have read that the pins at New York New York are well maintained, but I wasn't prepared for how amazing they are. Zippy fast and they play like they're fresh out of the box. I already burned through a $20 card last night/ this morning and my wrists are killing me, but I'm not only going back for more, but extending our trip by a couple of days.
    Well done, Larry!

Thank you. I went in on Tues and managed to clean & wax only the first 4 pins on the left. I intended to go back on Wed to finish the rest, but something came up and I couldn't get out there. I apologize because some of the rubbers are in bad shape. Glad you like them though.

#103 8 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Which show? I'm going to the show Friday. Just a quick couple of days for the show.

So what'd you think? Pretty f'n amazing in my book. 4 hours of sleep - I'm gonna need a nap before tonight's show.

One word: COMA

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#104 8 years ago

Axl sounded much better than I thought he would. He sounded really good. I was a bit worried about Frank, I heard he likes to play his interpretation of the old GNR stuff, but he played it pretty Classic last night.

Coma. Double takin jive, of course patience, the set list was amazing

I was extremely happy with the show, even with gimpy axl

Quoted from Blackjacker:

So what'd you think? Pretty f'n amazing in my book. 4 hours of sleep - I'm gonna need a nap before tonight's show.

#105 8 years ago

Heading out to LV in June for InfoComm, can't wait to see ExtremePinball's work at NYNY. Staying at Bally's but would have stayed there had I seen this forum back in Feb.

#106 8 years ago

Pinball, alive and well, in Vegas.

Why you bumpin' into people walkin' down the hall?
    Well, get a high score, girl, that's the pinball

https://www.facebook.com/hot1061/videos/vb.152872231400810/965026513518707/?type=2&theater

3 months later
    #107 7 years ago

Any recommendations for a place to stay for a couple nights, reasonably priced.and clean ?
    Thanks

#108 7 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

Any recommendations for a place to stay for a couple nights, reasonably priced.and clean ?
    Thanks

Well I'm sure you know but NYNY has the Stern pin lineup up in the arcade. EXCELLENT pins that play great. Walking over to NYNY is pretty easy if you want to stay at the Luxor which is usually cheaper. Also if you stay in the pyramid rooms the elevators run diagonally up the spines of the structure its kind of an interesting sensation and the view off your balcony looking down into the atrium of the pyramid is awesome!!. Even the walk over there is mostly indoors through the Excalibur and then over the bridge that crosses the street into NYNY. So you are only outside for less than 1 minute if the heat bothers you haha. I've stayed at the Excalibur and the Luxor for $25 - $30 per night depending on time of year. There is also the "resort fee" that they always fail to mention until you check in so add that on I think its like $12-15 but its worth mentioning. Neither of these places BTW I would call "nice". They are reasonably priced, convenient and pretty clean.

#109 7 years ago

Sunset Station is the best bet. In Henderson.

#110 7 years ago

Thanks Mike,
    Thinking of rolling in for Saturday and Sunday.

#111 7 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Sunset Station is the best bet. In Henderson.

I agree Sunset Station is nice. BUT....you have to drive/take a taxi to the strip. Its a great hotel for boaters who are here for Lake Mead or the colorado river cause its close to the lake. I always see boats and trailers at Sunset Station. Its not really the "strip" crowd that stays there.

2 months later
    #112 7 years ago

Anyone in Vegas this coming weekend and interested in playing, I'm running a tournament on Sat at 7pm at Flipperspiel: https://orangenex.wordpress.com/2016/09/28/pre-halloween-scream-matchplay-bash-las-vegas/

Haven't been in Vegas for a while so hoping to see some new & familiar faces!

6 months later
    #113 6 years ago

Another note that there will be a tournament at Flipperspiel on Sat June 3rd that I'll be running - hope to see some new Vegas pinball folks out for it: https://www.ifpapinball.com/tournaments/view.php?t=19150#

There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vegas-baby/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.