Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by dothedoo
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Can anyone who owns or is familiar with Vector tell me if a locked ball is supposed to release between players? I'm pretty certain it is not, but thought I would ask. To be specific, when the game switches to the next player, it will release a locked ball, which is then in play for that player, as well as kicking a ball into the shooter lane. So when the released ball drains, the player has a ball in to shooter lane to play still. This can't be right, can it?! Thanks

#2 8 years ago

Should not do that, no. The lock saucers are switched in and out by the Solenoid Expander Board. If one is firing in conjunction with the outhole then someone probably replaced a bad coil with the wrong part.

All of the coils associated with the SEB have two diodes instead of one. The second one is a blocking diode which prevents power from reaching coils that are switched out by the SEB.

Check all of these coils, one or more probably have only one diode:

-all 6 defender drop targets (the coil that knocks each target down)
-outhole
-all 3 lock saucers (top one has two coils)

#3 8 years ago

Good advice!

#4 8 years ago

Thanks! I just picked up the game and it seems to be working well otherwise. I will take a look at that! Thanks again!

#5 8 years ago

Do balls stay locked in single player mode?

#6 8 years ago

One more thing. If you do find the wrong coil in there, you will also need to replace the driver transistor and associated diode on the Solenoid Driver Board that controls the outhole coil (Q4 and CR4, a TIP102 and a 1N4004), they will definitely be stressed from the amount of current they've had to handle.

#7 8 years ago

I will have to check if the ball stays locked in single player. Ill get back tomorrow. Thanks

#8 8 years ago

Just got back from my girlfriend's house and now the game switches from player to player when you lock a ball? Also, I checked the coils.. all the coils associated with the ball locks have two diodes so I'm kinda back at square one EDIT: I have to check the coils on the drops still..

#9 8 years ago

Sounds like it's still a diode issue, but now within the switch matrix, not the coils.

I assume it counts down the bonus before switching to the next player. Which one of the three lock holes starts this process? Are any other balls locked when it does it or always when the first ball is locked?

Would be best if you could shoot a video and post it here.

#10 8 years ago

Yes, It counted down the bonus then switched. This time it happened when the ball kicked into the second of the three holes, where it remained. So the sequence of events was like this: Player one locks a ball in first hole, ball kicks to the second hole, bonus counts down, switches to player two. At some point during P2's ball the ball moves to the third hole, and when ball drains, it switches to player 1 AND kicks out the locked ball and one into the shooter lane. My GF is saying that this does not happen with a single player game, but she has seen it count down and end ball from lock shots on a single player game but it is intermittent. she has achieved multiball with a single player game, so she was able to lock mulitple balls successfully. I will try to get video before expo. might be a day or two. Thanks, dothedoo! Ben

#11 8 years ago

Check the diode on the middle saucer switch, it sounds like it's shorted.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

2,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Myers, FL
$ 44.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vector-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.