20221204_171937 (resized).jpg
Vectorscan reset (resized).JPG
f701ce40482a40465ee8f88c8edb269ed66ba3ba (resized).jpg
IMG_20220112_233434631~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220122_103534807 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220122_103407955 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220122_103449767 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220122_103816060 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Got a question about the left-side 1 1/2" plastic lane guard. Mine is white, some are red, some are blue, and some are translucent. Do we have a consensus as to what it should be/looks best as?

The flyer shows it as Blue, so I'd say go with that.

The factory may have used any color within reach to keep the line movin'.....

292_pic3_org.jpg292_pic3_org.jpg

#41 9 years ago

It's a really awesome game.

With the velocity meter display in the playfield, the guarded ramp, the targets that need to be knocked down in order, the saveable outlanes - it has a lot to offer a good player.

Probably way too hard for beginners.

1 year later
3 months later
#68 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Few posts up I asked about the modified game code 2.0. I may have the name wrong. I don't burn roms...yet, looked into rom burner but really no need for one project.
How can I buy this home rom addition if I read this correctly.
Vid, thanks for the link above, but does me no good. Don't know how to do that.
Can I just buy them from someone?

Any joint that sells Pinball ROMs can make those for you.

If you are in the Orange County Pinball League, I'm sure someone there will burn them for you.

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Vid- Thanks, your right. I am in OC League. I do know a few guys. Bill Ung might be able to hook me up. I hope to host league later this year.

Perfect.

Everyone will love playing the improved version of Vector!

3 years later
#156 3 years ago

Can someone scan me the text area in front of the 4 HYPE targets?

TIA

#158 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

@ vid I can snap a pic if that helps?

That'd be great!

Please make it as square to the table as possible, as I need to match the font.

I need the orange HYPE below the stand up targets and the smaller yellow text to the right of that.

I was bribed with a totally destroyed Vector...and all of that text is covered with black epoxy goo.

Thank you .

#161 3 years ago

Wunderbar !!!!

Exactly what I needed.

Good job, and thank you

#163 3 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

OMG it has been so long since I have seen those words and fonts intact.
Amazing!

The power of Mylar.....

2 months later
#172 3 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

So I am a very side pinball tech more of a parts changer really - got a random call guys vector was not working wanted some help. MPU has plenty of battery damage playfield is worn and a few displays are likely out.... What's this game selling for as a project - does it have a following - wondering if he should list it or start buying parts he has plenty of money but does not want to go past $500 in parts.... And I suspect he will be chasing gremlins for a bit on it

$160 for a new mpu

https://nvram.weebly.com/new-pcbs.html

Then you can boot it up and run the diagnostics

6 months later
#225 2 years ago
Quoted from berzerk_1980:

Now I have discovered that the lowest saucer on the top right ("captive saucer, bottom") is activating, but is too weak to eject the ball to start multiball, and the three balls just pile up on that saucer. I checked and resoldered the connections to the coil (admittedly I am not a skilled solderer), but it did not make a difference.

What's my next step? Coils either work or don't, right? So am I looking at rebuilding the mechanical parts, troubleshooting the board, or am I wrong and I should replace the coil next?

Try manually ejecting the ball.

Can you do it, or does it still hang up?

Does the entire length of plunger travel move smoothly, or does it start to resist 1/2 way through?

Is the sleeve dirty?

Is the coil stop loose?

1 week later
#227 2 years ago

It did have resistance. Coil stop was fine which is good because I couldn't find a replacement. Sleeve was dirty, replacing it didn't fix it. Armature was slightly bent, tweaked it dead straight, and removed some traces of dried grease with diluted Purple Power and a toothbrush. It is now functional but not 100% smooth. I think there's still gunk I can't get to. Should I drive out the roll pin to disassemble it completely, or is there a simpler way to clean it thoroughly?

I put those mechs in the ultrasonic and 85% of the time they come out spotlessly clean

make sure the plunger tip is not mushroomed in any way, if it is, file it smooth

use 1/10 of a drop of oil on the metal to metal pivots

1 week later
#229 2 years ago

Got myself an ultrasonic cleaner. What solvent do you use, how long, and which oil to re-lube it with? I have a precision oiler around here somewhere. Or just leave it dry?
Should I do every mech in the machine or just the two that are sticky?

I usually use Simple Green to get all the sticky oil film off them

I lube any metal to metal contacts with Super Lube teflon that comes in the toothpaste tube.

If you have a precision oiler, then I'd fill it with Zoom Spout oil - that stuff works on spinners too.

(make sure you check that all the mechanicals are still good. Plungers still the right lengths, coil stops still tall enough, new sleeves......)

1 week later
#234 2 years ago

Done. Went with Zoom spout oil. I found that the spring washer on the plunger end of the coil needed a lot of adjustment to keep the assembly from binding. Is this common?

Check if the coil stop bracket is at 90*

If not, bend it back in a vise

11 months later
#253 1 year ago
Quoted from Cherries_Jubilee:

if anyone has a used set of playfields laying around please contact stu at cpr, they are looking to borrow a used set for the cad development for a repro. stu is not on pinside but he can be contacted through the cpr facebook page

I thought they've had the scans for over a decade?

They already did the led zeppelin pin on a Vector layout...

f701ce40482a40465ee8f88c8edb269ed66ba3ba (resized).jpgf701ce40482a40465ee8f88c8edb269ed66ba3ba (resized).jpg
4 weeks later
#255 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I recall looking this over when they first came out with this, or maybe even in the early design phase but I cannot find anything about this now. It is as though it never happened with CPR. I will message them to see what they say as I am curious to know if this is still a conversion kit that could be purchased.

I imagined they got a cease and desist from Swansong

#257 1 year ago

Maybe when they run Vector, they will CNC a few sets of Zep

1 week later
#262 1 year ago

Vector is a pretty rare game in the wild, so it's an odd choice for bulk customizing.

It's factory flipper angle is purposefully low, so there is less cradling and more action

There are a bunch of custom ROMs out there, some requiring modification of the CPU board

1 month later
#288 1 year ago
Quoted from Cherries_Jubilee:

Stu said several times that he just got fed up with all the bs negativity on pinside about the project so he just cancelled it altogether. So when they run the Vector playfields they will not be doing the Hammer of the Godz retheme, Stu won't do it.

It's odd that Stu is still all butthurt about HOTG a decade latter, because Pinside is negative about everything, all the time.

No matter what CPR releases, pinside cries that the colors are wrong, or a hole is missing (or that there are too many lamp holes)

Pinside and politics are not places for thin skinned blokes

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

2,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Myers, FL
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vector-owners-club-fans-also-welcome?tu=vid1900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.