20221204_171937 (resized).jpg
Vectorscan reset (resized).JPG
f701ce40482a40465ee8f88c8edb269ed66ba3ba (resized).jpg
IMG_20220112_233434631~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220122_103534807 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220122_103407955 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220122_103449767 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220122_103816060 (resized).jpg
There are 299 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 1 year ago

Thanks Quench! I didn’t see the “playfield”section of pics in the pinside gallery the first time around. These should work….now to see how much is missing. Thank you!

#252 1 year ago

Does anyone in here about an outer backglass? I’d like to find a mint one as I love this game. Let me know what you got. Thanks!

#253 1 year ago
Quoted from Cherries_Jubilee:

if anyone has a used set of playfields laying around please contact stu at cpr, they are looking to borrow a used set for the cad development for a repro. stu is not on pinside but he can be contacted through the cpr facebook page

I thought they've had the scans for over a decade?

They already did the led zeppelin pin on a Vector layout...

f701ce40482a40465ee8f88c8edb269ed66ba3ba (resized).jpgf701ce40482a40465ee8f88c8edb269ed66ba3ba (resized).jpg
4 weeks later
#254 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I thought they've had the scans for over a decade?
They already did the led zeppelin pin on a Vector layout...[quoted image]

I recall looking this over when they first came out with this, or maybe even in the early design phase but I cannot find anything about this now. It is as though it never happened with CPR. I will message them to see what they say as I am curious to know if this is still a conversion kit that could be purchased.

#255 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I recall looking this over when they first came out with this, or maybe even in the early design phase but I cannot find anything about this now. It is as though it never happened with CPR. I will message them to see what they say as I am curious to know if this is still a conversion kit that could be purchased.

I imagined they got a cease and desist from Swansong

#256 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I spoke to them, he says he still has the rights to the artwork and could put one together if someone was interested.

#257 1 year ago

Maybe when they run Vector, they will CNC a few sets of Zep

#258 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Nope.

Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I spoke to them, he says he still has the rights to the artwork and could put one together if someone was interested.

Stu told me that Nobody has spoken to him about doing this project and he wouldn't do if they did......

Quoted from vid1900:

Maybe when they run Vector, they will CNC a few sets of Zep

Nope again. Stu said several times that he just got fed up with all the bs negativity on pinside about the project so he just cancelled it altogether. So when they run the Vector playfields they will not be doing the Hammer of the Godz retheme, Stu won't do it.

FYI: CPR is still looking to borrow a used playfield set for CAD development ( artwork is done ), but they havn't had any luck tracking a set down, so don't hold your breath on getting a new repro anytime soon

#259 1 year ago

Nope.

Stu told me that Nobody has spoken to him about doing this project and he wouldn't do if they did......

Nope again. Stu said several times that he just got fed up with all the bs negativity on pinside about the project so he just cancelled it altogether. So when they run the Vector playfields they will not be doing the Hammer of the Godz retheme, Stu won't do it.

That's weird, I talked to Stu about 3 weeks ago and I got a totally different vibe from him. Sucks, would be a cool retheam. I like it anyway.

#260 1 year ago

That's weird, I talked to Stu about 3 weeks ago and got a totally different vibe from him. Still a cool retheam, I like it anyway.

#261 1 year ago

Nope.

FYI: CPR is still looking to borrow a used playfield set for CAD development ( artwork is done ), but they havn't had any luck tracking a set down, so don't hold your breath on getting a new repro anytime soon

I was emailing Stu last week and can confirm the same. He did full workups of a number of ideas, including the HOTG but shelved it as got fed up of the negativity on Pinside. I don't believe that he will do it at all. He is however still looking for a used playfield set for vector. I had not inquired about the old artwork as it did appear visually accurate so I can't speak to that but I assume that it would be to recreate the vector art. I have been thinking about picking up a vector locally but was hoping that the hammer set was available. Has anyone heard of any custom code using mission pinball or something similar? Would vector be a good candidate based on layout and mechs?

#262 1 year ago

Vector is a pretty rare game in the wild, so it's an odd choice for bulk customizing.

It's factory flipper angle is purposefully low, so there is less cradling and more action

There are a bunch of custom ROMs out there, some requiring modification of the CPU board

1 week later
#263 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's factory flipper angle is purposefully low, so there is less cradling and more action

I didn’t know this! Now I can stop trying to fix it.

#264 1 year ago

Anyone able to help troubleshot an issue. My Vector stops the intro speech during power up and won’t start a game. The button reads in testing but it just doesn’t fire a ball to the shooter lane.

I will say both my trough drain switch mechs seem wonky but triggering them doesn’t solve the issue.

#265 1 year ago

Resolved: one of the connectors was off by 1 after moving the machine into the basement.

1 week later
#266 1 year ago

hi guys, i have an ask about the rules/logic of the game :

ok, i know that the pin keep track about how much balls a player have already locked

and than, what about if :

- player 1 did lock 2 balls, than lose his ball in play...
- player 2 did start a multiball, and than get the 2 balls from player 1 from the upper saucers...
- next ball : now there's no more ball in the upper saucers > player 1 did lock his 3rd ball > what the game will do ?

i suppose game will free the 3rd ball from the saucer, and serve 2 balls in the shooterlane, correct ?

1 week later
#267 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

hi guys, i have an ask about the rules/logic of the game :
ok, i know that the pin keep track about how much balls a player have already locked
and than, what about if :
- player 1 did lock 2 balls, than lose his ball in play...
- player 2 did start a multiball, and than get the 2 balls from player 1 from the upper saucers...
- next ball : now there's no more ball in the upper saucers > player 1 did lock his 3rd ball > what the game will do ?
i suppose game will free the 3rd ball from the saucer, and serve 2 balls in the shooterlane, correct ?

PLYR 1 Re-locks balls into lock saucers with no drop target blocks.
If one ball is locked then H,Y,P,E, targets completed should release a locked ball.
PLYR 1 should be able to lock two balls with no drop targets blocking ramp entrance.

#268 1 year ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

PLYR 1 Re-locks balls into lock saucers with no drop target blocks.
If one ball is locked then H,Y,P,E, targets completed should release a locked ball.
PLYR 1 should be able to lock two balls with no drop targets blocking ramp entrance.

tanx

1 week later
#269 1 year ago

Can anyone please tell me what settings #20 and #21 do from the test menu? They seem selectable from 0-15, but I don't know what they control. Thanks in advance, mk

#270 1 year ago
Quoted from mkdud:

Can anyone please tell me what settings #20 and #21 do from the test menu? They seem selectable from 0-15, but I don't know what they control. Thanks in advance, mk

O.K. That is easy.
Part of U6 rom...EBD
SND board adjustment.
1) Function #18 snd settings.00---03
1a) Function #20 digital volume control background snd.
1b) Function #21 digital volume control speech snd.
Used only on Rapid Fire game.
To use digital volume control, S&T needs to be modified.
2)Snd volume, move DD jumper to CC jumper
2a) Snd speech, move N jumper to M jumper
2b) programmable function #20 & #21 should now work,
--- by driving data from the S&T PIA's to the U13 LM3900 amplifier.
3) Note: board mechanical volume controls are know disabled.
3a) I believe the main coin door volume control still works.
I hope this makes sense.

#271 1 year ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

O.K. That is easy.
Part of U6 rom...EBD
SND board adjustment.
1) Function #18 snd settings.00---03
1a) Function #20 digital volume control background snd.
1b) Function #21 digital volume control speech snd.
Used only on Rapid Fire game.
To use digital volume control, S&T needs to be modified.
2)Snd volume, move DD jumper to CC jumper
2a) Snd speech, move N jumper to M jumper
2b) programmable function #20 & #21 should now work,
--- by driving data from the S&T PIA's to the U13 LM3900 amplifier.
3) Note: board mechanical volume controls are know disabled.
3a) I believe the main coin door volume control still works.
I hope this makes sense.

Thanks very much for the response. This does make sense. So, test settings 20 & 21 have no effect until you change the sound and speech volume jumpers on the S&T board. And, I'm guessing that settings go from 1-15 with 1 being low volume and 15 being loudest, correct?

#272 1 year ago
Quoted from mkdud:

Thanks very much for the response. This does make sense. So, test settings 20 & 21 have no effect until you change the sound and speech volume jumpers on the S&T board. And, I'm guessing that settings go from 1-15 with 1 being low volume and 15 being loudest, correct?

YUP!

#273 1 year ago

This seems like a nice way to avoid changing wonky 1k S&T volume pots for speech and sound volume.

#274 1 year ago
Quoted from mkdud:

I literally just laughed out loud as I was wondering this last week and forgot to make a post, chimed in today and the answer is literally the last topic discussed!

"Super Shot!"

#275 1 year ago

Please help. Can anyone tell me what the purpose of this red pushbutton switch located under the PF? I see on my chart it is labeled "Vectorscan Reset", sp I'm guessing this would reset the current vectorscan record?

Vectorscan reset (resized).JPGVectorscan reset (resized).JPG20221204_171937 (resized).jpg20221204_171937 (resized).jpg20221204_171944 (resized).jpg20221204_171944 (resized).jpg
#276 1 year ago

Please help if you can. I think my Vector may be one of the rumored Elektra cabinet conversions. The paint is all original, and there is a tiny bit of chipping on the cabinet sides. There is what seems to be a bit of Elektra blue barely visible in a few areas on the sides, and on the cabinet under the lockdown bar.

The paint is not bad.

I was considering totally repainting the cabinet, but I would like to get opinions as to whether I might be wrecking something that is a bit of an anomaly. Is this something that is historically significant?

Part of me wants to just touch up some areas, but part of me wants to sand the cabinet, primer, then pinball pimp stencil and repaint the cabinet so it is like new.

I would appreciate the groups opinions on this. Thanks, mk

20221202_231135 (resized).jpg20221202_231135 (resized).jpg20221204_230402 (resized).jpg20221204_230402 (resized).jpg20221204_230432 (resized).jpg20221204_230432 (resized).jpg20221204_230914 (resized).jpg20221204_230914 (resized).jpg
#277 1 year ago
Quoted from mkdud:

Please help. Can anyone tell me what the purpose of this red pushbutton switch located under the PF? I see on my chart it is labeled "Vectorscan Reset", sp I'm guessing this would reset the current vectorscan record?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yes, it resets the the high speed record on the Vectorscan. The 3 right digits in the score display. If you push it, the speed will go to 000.

#278 1 year ago
Quoted from Skidave:

Yes, it resets the the high speed record on the Vectorscan. The 3 right digits in the score display. If you push it, the speed will go to 000.

OK, thanks. I thought that was it's purpose.

#279 1 year ago
Quoted from mkdud:

The paint is not bad.

I was considering totally repainting the cabinet, but I would like to get opinions as to whether I might be wrecking something that is a bit of an anomaly. Is this something that is historically significant?

Part of me wants to just touch up some areas, but part of me wants to sand the cabinet, primer, then pinball pimp stencil and repaint the cabinet so it is like new.

I would appreciate the groups opinions on this. Thanks, mk

I was asked a question about my post that I wanted the group to hear. The machine does not have any paint damage other than what I have shown.

I wanted to ask the groups opinion as to whether I should sand and totally repaint the cabinet using pinball pimp stencils. I was considering just touching it up. I was concerned that I might be erasing something that was historically relevant if I totally repaint the cabinet.

Please let me know what you think. Thanks, mk

#280 1 year ago
Quoted from mkdud:

I was asked a question about my post that I wanted the group to hear. The machine does not have any paint damage other than what I have shown.
I wanted to ask the groups opinion as to whether I should sand and totally repaint the cabinet using pinball pimp stencils. I was considering just touching it up. I was concerned that I might be erasing something that was historically relevant if I totally repaint the cabinet.
Please let me know what you think. Thanks, mk

My personal thought is to just do the minor touch up on the side and leave the rest alone.
If the cabinet was more damaged, I would consider doing a rehab.

#281 1 year ago

Please help. I have a switch problem with my Vector. Switch test reads NO closed switches.

When I start a game, ball is served into the shooter lane and score registers 30 points.

The slings are the only switch I'm aware of that scores 30 points. Is there any other switch that scores 30?

I have checked the gap on the sling switches, they are fine. I'm guessing I have a switch diode wonky somewhere in the matrix, but I'm not sure where to check. I was going to start by replacing the (3) outhole switch diodes. Where should I be looking? Thanks in advance, mk

Switch matrix (resized).JPGSwitch matrix (resized).JPG
#282 1 year ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

My personal thought is to just do the minor touch up on the side and leave the rest alone.
If the cabinet was more damaged, I would consider doing a rehab.

Thanks for the advice. This is what I was thinking. It is not too hard to go over the damaged areas, it is mostly black, and a bit of red & yellow to repair.

#283 1 year ago
Quoted from mkdud:

Please help. I have a switch problem with my Vector. Switch test reads NO closed switches.
When I start a game, ball is served into the shooter lane and score registers 30 points.
The slings are the only switch I'm aware of that scores 30 points. Is there any other switch that scores 30?
I have checked the gap on the sling switches, they are fine. I'm guessing I have a switch diode wonky somewhere in the matrix, but I'm not sure where to check. I was going to start by replacing the (3) outhole switch diodes. Where should I be looking? Thanks in advance, mk
[quoted image]

Did you enter service mode and check all the switches in switch test? I think the Vector ramp wire gate is 30 points too. Check the gap to make sure it is not too close on that switch.

Did you just get the game and you're just getting it going or has this been an ongoing issue?

#284 1 year ago
Quoted from Skidave:Did you enter service mode and check all the switches in switch test? I think the Vector ramp wire gate is 30 points too. Check the gap to make sure it is not too close on that switch.

Did you just get the game and you're just getting it going or has this been an ongoing issue?

I have had the game for a while and just got it out of storage. Switch test shows no switches closed. I will check the Vector ramp gate. I didn't know it was also 30 points. Thank You!

IMPORTANT- I have changed diodes on ALL the left 3 bank DTA switches, the right and left sling switches, all 4 outhole switches.

I just found out that this does NOT happen when "3 TOP DROP TARGET LEFT" is closed.

Should I next change the TILT, "Y" standup target, the "Y" drop target, and the tilt (3) next since they are in the same return line the left sling switch?

#285 1 year ago
Quoted from mkdud:

I just found out that this does NOT happen when "3 TOP DROP TARGET LEFT" is closed.

Solved. I forgot about the old green cap on the tilt panel. I changed the cap, and replaced the diodes on all the slam tilts, , and changed out the original caps from the "HYPE" targets, the pop bumper switch, the rollover button, and the cap on the Vectorscan gate. Ball served into the shooter lane, no 30 points.

#286 1 year ago
Quoted from mkdud:

Solved. I forgot about the old green cap on the tilt panel. I changed the cap, and replaced the diodes on all the slam tilts, , and changed out the original caps from the "HYPE" targets, the pop bumper switch, the rollover button, and the cap on the Vectorscan gate. Ball served into the shooter lane, no 30 points.

#287 1 year ago

Can anyone tell me the about the Vector 2 rom revision? I tried this version from an Altek ultimate MPU and it does not boot. Regular vector boots from the Altek, however. Will Vector 2 run from a Weebly MPU?

I'm currently running V4 and burned a set of 2732's for my -35 factor Bally MPU. What's the difference between Vector 2 and V4?

Has anyone made the daughtercard (as per Oliver) and installed it on their -35 Bally MPU?

Thanks, mk

#288 1 year ago

Stu said several times that he just got fed up with all the bs negativity on pinside about the project so he just cancelled it altogether. So when they run the Vector playfields they will not be doing the Hammer of the Godz retheme, Stu won't do it.

It's odd that Stu is still all butthurt about HOTG a decade latter, because Pinside is negative about everything, all the time.

No matter what CPR releases, pinside cries that the colors are wrong, or a hole is missing (or that there are too many lamp holes)

Pinside and politics are not places for thin skinned blokes

#289 1 year ago
Quoted from mkdud:

Can anyone tell me the about the Vector 2 rom revision? I tried this version from an Altek ultimate MPU and it does not boot.

Per the Alltek manual, enabling the freeplay DIP switch (left most switch set "up" in the game selection DIP switches) is not supported for Vector 2. It causes a locked on LED at power-up.
You need to make sure that switch is off for Vector 2 to boot. Vector 2 may or may not have freeplay via normal DIP switches 25 and 26.

Quoted from mkdud:

Will Vector 2 run from a Weebly MPU?

The Weebly MPU board already has Vector 5 as one of its game options.

#290 1 year ago
Quoted from Quench:

Per the Alltek manual, enabling the freeplay DIP switch (left most switch set "up" in the game selection DIP switches) is not supported for Vector 2. It causes a locked on LED at power-up.
You need to make sure that switch is off for Vector 2 to boot. Vector 2 may or may not have freeplay via normal DIP switches 25 and 26.

Thanks Quench! I was baffled as to why I was getting a locked-up LED on the Altek when I selected Vector 2. I never checked the freeplay dip setting at all.

One more question, is Vector 2 Oliver Okaegi's for the daughtercard that used the 27256 or 27512? Thanks again, mk

MPU-35 DC (resized).JPGMPU-35 DC (resized).JPG
#291 1 year ago
Quoted from mkdud:

One more question, is Vector 2 Oliver Okaegi's for the daughtercard that used the 27256 or 27512? Thanks again, mk

I doubt very much because:
a) The 'Vector 2' set on the Alltek board is Olivers first release known as version 4 which was for standard two 2732 EPROMs.
b) I don't think Alltek supports the enhanced 27256 ROM addressing because address line A13 isn't hooked up the the square address decoder chip.
c) Only Vector version 10 requires the 27256 ROM and as far as I know it was held in private beta for many years and only recently got released. It's been what, 10 years since Alltek updated their ROM?

#292 1 year ago
Quoted from Quench:

Only Vector version 10 requires the 27256 ROM and as far as I know it was held in private beta for many years and only recently got released. It's been what, 10 years since Alltek updated their ROM?

I e-mailed Oliver and did not get a response on Vector 10. Where can I get this rom image? I'm thinking of making a daughtercard and installing it in a Bally MPU. Thanks again, mk

#293 1 year ago
Quoted from mkdud:

Where can I get this rom image?

You need to look for the "vectorc" ROMset on the virtual pinball/pinball emulation sites.

1 week later
#294 1 year ago

Is this the correct orientation of the backbox latch post on a Vector?

IMG_20221227_124306356 (resized).jpgIMG_20221227_124306356 (resized).jpg
#295 1 year ago
Quoted from OCD_pinball:

Is this the correct orientation of the backbox latch post on a Vector?
[quoted image]

Looks like it.
The backbox has a hook style cam that latches around the shoulder stud.
I guess if it is not setting correctly you can adjust the latch stud assembly.

5 months later
#296 10 months ago

Hi !!
Im a new Vector owner !
Quick question :
I keep reading the lower left drop target can be set to never reset ???
If that’s possible can someone tell me how please ?!
Im familiar with dip switch 6 and 15-16 bit it must be through another path right ?
Many thanks

1 week later
#297 10 months ago
Quoted from Lamakina:

I keep reading the lower left drop target can be set to never reset ???

Probably a liberal setting on the drop target bank.
Top left side 3 bank completed in any order.
Lower bank does not have to reset.

#298 9 months ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Probably a liberal setting on the drop target bank.
Top left side 3 bank completed in any order.
Lower bank does not have to reset.

Yes ! The liberal setting is that they won’t reset if the upper ones are knocked in order.. What i read suggested that they possibly won’t reset no matter how the upper ones are knocked !
Now that i received my target replacements Im ok with the liberal setting
Many thanks

8 months later
#299 42 days ago

I had an epiphany a couple months back regarding my Vector : The "Vector" plastic above the HYPE targets is the perfect size to be replaced by an ultra-wide video display like you'll see in most sports arenas these days! It was a huge job, but here are the results, as well as instructions to modify your own machine:

The screen displays Vector-type sports scenes from the movies Rollerball and Alita Battle Angel, as well as crowd scenes, commercials, movie and TV promotions, just like you would see on the big screens at most sporting events these days.

Unfortunately the screen is backlit, so it doesn't show up well on camera, but believe me, the results are incredible!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

2,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Myers, FL
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 44.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

There are 299 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vector-owners-club-fans-also-welcome/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.