Topic Stats

• 116 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 days ago by vec-tor
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 81 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

P_20180828_180753 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180412_090115061 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180412_090110933 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180412_090057123 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180412_090034651 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180412_090042820 (resized).jpg
9565CBE6-3452-4C5B-9D66-70A43EFE5EF0 (resized).jpeg
EB1EAE09-C937-447E-BAB3-12604C03E426 (resized).jpeg
20170409_103136 (resized).jpg
15977444_10212700355247731_5088501126948352403_n (resized).jpg
IMG_3566 (resized).JPG
WP_20151002_11_59_46_Pro (resized).jpg
20160926_131607 (resized).jpg
WP_20160101_17_32_56_Pro (resized).jpg
20160206_141517 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170119_225740 (resized).jpg

There are 116 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 3 years ago

Positive update from a last-minute effort last night.

1. Pop bumper switch confirmed not working. Coil works though.
2. It's no longer stuck on switch 9. Switch 9 is one of the coin switches. It was part of the wiring in the homemade coin-adder button. As soon as I un-soldered all the wires put in there, it finally went idle on the stuck switch mode. Before, it was always blinking 9, sometimes blinding it to other switches on the field.
3. Drop target sets smoothed out correctly. What's weird is one of the DT's switches(48?) pulses much slower than all the other switches. Every 1.5 seconds or so. Any other switch does it at a faster pace.
4. Correctly identified all the wires for all 3 coin switches. Only have a switch for 1, but can work with that. Would rather just flick the coin switch in the door than hit the button which was a bit overdone with wiring.

This just might get the game to behave a bit better.

#52 3 years ago

Progress report:

The game adding another player once you hit the left ramp gate problem is solved. It just what it was intended to to. Remaining problems, switch-wise:

1. Ball trough switch(#1) is rather finnicky. Sticks or doesn't register at all.
2. Pop bumper switch, despite everything I tried, not working.
3. Rearmost defender DT set not popping upward on reset. Time to loosen it up a bit. Makes game progression impossible.

2 steps forward, 1 step back.

#53 3 years ago

Found out the cause of the non-resetting drop targets: Too strong of springs. the XYZ targets that used to not reset, now reset fine. Hand-resetting them takes little effort. The defender targets take a bit more effort, beyond the capability of the coil. Time to find some softer alternatives.

#54 3 years ago

Swapped out the super-strong spring(which was new) to a flipper, swapped in a used spring, and all drop targets reset nice. Game actually progresses now. Re-seated GI light in back. This thing is coming along nicely.

#55 3 years ago

Finally fixed that tricky switch for the lastmost ball trough switch. If that switch doesn't work, the game doesn't start. Cleaned the contacts with alcohol first, then did a bit of creative tab bending and...it works! Game starts each time(fires off the coil).

Onward to finding out why the backbox light cluster doesn't work. I'm seeing a lot of straight-through crimped connectors to the lighting, so I'm guessing that's a factor. Otherwise, checking the continuity of the stapled-on wire seems okay.

10 months later
#56 2 years ago

Well, I'm not technically a member, but maybe I can be considered an honorary member with this.
This vector belongs to a good friend of mine; Dozer1.
I did all the touch ups and clear coating as well as some board work. Dozer1 did everything with the rest of the game.
It's no HEP job, but I'm very happy with the results.

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#57 2 years ago

Thanks to Vid for all the guides! His knowledge was very useful in both the playfield restoration and board bulletproofing.

#58 2 years ago

Looking for a Vector Head.
I have all boards displays etc, the head was damaged during a move.
Any one have one salvaged from a damaged game

8 months later
#59 1 year ago

This thread needs a bump and can't die, not time to hit the showers yet!
Where can I get the Vector 2.0 roms?
I don't make roms yet. I need to buy them. I have been looking around, this 2.0 may have been updated to?

#61 1 year ago

I helped Oliver with the rules a bit - he was making home roms for other games and I thought it would be cool to reprogram Vector to utilize many of its unused speech calls in memory. I mean, press the little red button on the S&T and you will see what I mean. The game is packed with speech calls. Agreed with Vid, its an awesome game with lots to offer to the player. My favorite shots during multiball (which I would consider a "jackpot") is to *try* to shoot two balls up the vectorscan ramp and try to maximize the speed to >900.. how ? .. Your goal is for the first launched ball to roll over the switch at the end, just after the second launched ball rolls under the switch at the start.

3 months later
#62 1 year ago

I just joined the club last night. My vector has an excellent cab and BG. the playfield has a little wear above the window and out of the shooter lane. I'm looking forward to getting this playing.

I am looking for a shooter assembly. Mine is missing. I can order the arm from shapeways if I can find the rest of it.

Thanks

#63 1 year ago

I picked a Vector up a few weeks ago that was non working. Got all the issues sorted out and working 100%. Too bad the playfield is such a mess...a bit too much wear for my tastes. Anyways, after getting things finished up I played a few test games. An air-ball landed on top of the plastic and got wedged between the plastic and glass.

IMG_20170119_225740 (resized).jpg

#64 1 year ago
Quoted from schudel5:

I picked a Vector up a few weeks ago that was non working. Got all the issues sorted out and working 100%. Too bad the playfield is such a mess...a bit too much wear for my tastes. Anyways, after getting things finished up I played a few test games. An air-ball landed on top of the plastic and got wedged between the plastic and glass.

That happens on mine all the time.

#65 1 year ago

By the way, have you noticed what is on the TV on that plastic ?

#66 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

I just joined the club last night

Congrats Cheddar! Awesome pin, one of the best older Bally titles.

#67 1 year ago

Few posts up I asked about the modified game code 2.0. I may have the name wrong. I don't burn roms...yet, looked into rom burner but really no need for one project.
How can I buy this home rom addition if I read this correctly.
Vid, thanks for the link above, but does me no good. Don't know how to do that.
Can I just buy them from someone?

#68 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Few posts up I asked about the modified game code 2.0. I may have the name wrong. I don't burn roms...yet, looked into rom burner but really no need for one project.
How can I buy this home rom addition if I read this correctly.
Vid, thanks for the link above, but does me no good. Don't know how to do that.
Can I just buy them from someone?

Any joint that sells Pinball ROMs can make those for you.

If you are in the Orange County Pinball League, I'm sure someone there will burn them for you.

#69 1 year ago
Quoted from schudel5:

An air-ball landed on top of the plastic and got wedged between the plastic and glass.

That was an inherent problem with the game.
In later production, the center plastic was screwed
down with spacers in order to take up the air gap
between the glass and plastic.
To fix, you might want to make a wire guard like ones
that were used on Gottlieb Haunted House.
Or for today's games, do like Gottlieb/ Data East and
use small hex spaces and screw a clear plastic piece
to take up the air gap.

#70 1 year ago

Vid- Thanks, your right. I am in OC League. I do know a few guys. Bill Ung might be able to hook me up. I hope to host league later this year.

#71 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Vid- Thanks, your right. I am in OC League. I do know a few guys. Bill Ung might be able to hook me up. I hope to host league later this year.

Perfect.

Everyone will love playing the improved version of Vector!

#72 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Perfect.
Everyone will love playing the improved version of Vector!

What does version 2.0 do to improve the game?
Where can this be down loaded?

#73 1 year ago

Post #60 above.

Quoted from Madmax541:Where can this be down loaded?

#74 1 year ago
Quoted from stoptap:

By the way, have you noticed what is on the TV on that plastic ?

Addams Family!

#75 1 year ago

The taste of things to come !

#76 1 year ago

New Vector ROMs! Very cool. Gonna have to get a set.

#77 1 year ago

Anybody have spare plastics? I could use a few.

#78 1 year ago

Any in particular Cheddar? I would give ya all I have of my old set for the shipping.

#79 1 year ago

Chedder
I had a hard time finding shooter assembly too
Try user cudabee ...that's where I got mine

#80 1 year ago
Quoted from dozer1:

Any in particular Cheddar? I would give ya all I have of my old set for the shipping.

I recall need the big upper left plastic. Broken is fine , mine is gone. The vector plastic is chipped to. If you ship me the set I'll pay it forward.

Quoted from Stretch7:

Chedder
I had a hard time finding shooter assembly too
Try user cudabee ...that's where I got mine

forceflow found 2 on eBay. They were labeled kickers and not outhole assemblies.

Thanks to you both!

#81 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

I recall need the big upper left plastic. Broken is fine , mine is gone. The vector plastic is chipped to. If you ship me the set I'll pay it forward.

Yeah, well that one was pretty broken up on mine and I had thrown that one out. I am sure you know CPR reproduction ones are available. Consider that route. They are beautiful and non yellowed. You will be glad you did.

I do have the VECTOR plastic m-1330-193-19 if you need it though. Could mail that one easily. PM address if you need it.

#82 1 year ago
Quoted from dozer1:

Yeah, well that one was pretty broken up on mine and I had thrown that one out. I am sure you know CPR reproduction ones are available. Consider that route. They are beautiful and non yellowed. You will be glad you did.
I do have the VECTOR plastic m-1330-193-19 if you need it though. Could mail that one easily. PM address if you need it.

Let me look over (closely ) and verify those are the only ones I need.

Thanks again

1 month later
#83 1 year ago

Can someone take pics of their trough switches? Mine is so flaky it has to be wrong. It often spits out an extra ball and sometimes i mess with the gate and it works for a while, other times not

#84 1 year ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

Can someone take pics of their trough switches? Mine is so flaky it has to be wrong. It often spits out an extra ball and sometimes i mess with the gate and it works for a while, other times not

20160206_141517 (resized).jpg

#85 1 year ago

Hi all. Love me a bit of Vector. I got a basket case project and luckily a pinball buddy lent me a working one for reference. Here's a couple of pics. Has been slow progress but I have most bits collected now.

WP_20160101_17_32_56_Pro (resized).jpg

20160926_131607 (resized).jpg

WP_20151002_11_59_46_Pro (resized).jpg

#86 1 year ago

Hello Vector owners. I'm still looking for a better Vector picture for my Kmiec Red Post web page. Looking for a good picture showing both the red post and the correct upper flipper arrangement.

Click... http://www.jeff-z.com/pinball/redpost/redpost.html

1 week later
#87 1 year ago
Quoted from JeffZee:

I'm still looking for a better Vector picture for my Kmiec Red Post web page

I've checked the 2 machines I have here (and 2 others) in the UK and none of them have this red post, but I will restore it

#88 1 year ago

Thanks a bunch

2 weeks later
#89 1 year ago

Does the back box latch the pinside part banner show on here a fit? I need to find one, as the bb door flies open when I play. Heh.

#90 1 year ago

I don't have my vector anymore to check but it looks the same to me.

#91 1 year ago
Quoted from pinster68:

There was a nice one for sale at Allentown last year. Wish I brought it home with me. Fun, challenging game.

Patience paid off. I'm picking up a nice Vector tonight. Finally.

2 weeks later
#92 1 year ago

Yep, that's correct in picture. Those wires always dont look right to register balls in through, but thats it. Sorry no pic, but i was under apron earlier in week and mine looked just like that. The first one between flippers is always the problem child. Bend a little, few mm towards shooter lane watching the switch. Should help for a least 100 games, then it will need it again.

1 month later
#93 1 year ago

Just joined the club.

IMG_3566 (resized).JPG

5 months later
#94 8 months ago

Hey everyone!! Just joined the club. Still putting this one back together and dialing it in. Few test games has airballs all over the place. Does everyone have the coils they have in the manual? Seems like way overkill.

I have the EOS switches opening as soon as possible, but still getting too much power. Especially for those top drops. Man that flipper almost touches them. Haha

I guess I need to change that one to a mini, but still.

#95 8 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I have the EOS switches opening as soon as possible, but still getting too much power. Especially for those top drops. Man that flipper almost touches them. Haha

When I had this game, the upper left flipper and the flipper on the upper playfield were the smaller style flippers. I remember adjusting the EOS on them so they opened right away to cut the power on them. That upper left flipper I always had issues with hitting that metal ramp and the ball going airborne. It would always land on the flat plastic between the two ramps and get wedged against the glass. I had to make a clear plastic deflector to keeps balls from getting stuck on that.

#96 8 months ago
Quoted from schudel5:

When I had this game, the upper left flipper and the flipper on the upper playfield were the smaller style flippers. I remember adjusting the EOS on them so they opened right away to cut the power on them. That upper left flipper I always had issues with hitting that metal ramp and the ball going airborne. It would always land on the flat plastic between the two ramps and get wedged against the glass. I had to make a clear plastic deflector to keeps balls from getting stuck on that.

Yeah that ramp between those to flippers is nuts. I’ve had one land over on top of the engergy containment unit. Haha

The upper left for me is a olderstyle bally flipper mech (looks like what they used in EMs). Then the upper flipper next to the three drops looks like standard linear flipper setup.

A buddy mentioned there’s a resistor that supposed to be in line with that upper flipper in the upper playfield that helps reduce the power. Haven’t looked into that much yet though.

#97 8 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The upper left for me is a olderstyle bally flipper mech (looks like what they used in EMs). Then the upper flipper next to the three drops looks like standard linear flipper setup.

IIRC, the manual shows a regular flipper up there but none were ever shipped that way, or at least that's what I remember. On mine that upper playfield flipper was exactly the same as the upper left, small EM style flipper with the word 'FLIPPER' molded in blue on the top. It's hard to see, but this is the only picture I could find of the game before I sold it.

15977444_10212700355247731_5088501126948352403_n (resized).jpg

#98 8 months ago
Quoted from schudel5:

IIRC, the manual shows a regular flipper up there but none were ever shipped that way, or at least that's what I remember. On mine that upper playfield flipper was exactly the same as the upper left, small EM style flipper with the word 'FLIPPER' molded in blue on the top. It's hard to see, but this is the only picture I could find of the game before I sold it.

Yes. Now I see what you’re saying. I thought you were speaking to the mech used to operate the flipper. I need to find the baby flipper bat somewhere. That regular flipper up there looks stupid. Haha

Getting a parts order together for PBr. I’m sure they have it. Anywhere to buy the original X Y Z targets? I don’t think pbr has anything but generic lettered ones.

#99 8 months ago

I had 4, always small flipper up top.

#100 8 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Anywhere to buy the original X Y Z targets?

Marco has the entire set including the defender targets. Fortunately they carry the Y and Z target separately, but unfortunately not the X. So if you want those you have to get the defender ones too in the set. I ended up replacing all the targets in mine and they are nice targets that drop well and never bricked for me at all.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-3944-54SET

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 16.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
There are 116 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside