You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

coils2 (resized).JPG
coils (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

Hey all,

Can anyone with a vector check something for me. In the manual, the schematic for the pf wiring shows the lower right saucer as having 2 diodes like the AT series coils. However in the part number list it shows the coils being a standard single diode coil. I'm chasing an issue where the defender targets don't drop when you first start a game. All the post sol expander coils are correct, and everything else is functioning properly.

Cheers
Greg

coils (resized).JPGcoils (resized).JPG

coils2 (resized).JPGcoils2 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

If it's not controlled by the solenoid expander it shouldn't need the extra diode, although having it won't hurt anything. Can always order the single diode coil and add it on later.

#3 6 years ago

If you look at the other coils, they have the same diode and orientation.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

If it's not controlled by the solenoid expander it shouldn't need the extra diode, although having it won't hurt anything. Can always order the single diode coil and add it on later.

I do agree with you, which is why I'm wondering if the extra diode is a misprint. I assume it is, and the parts list is correct. There is a single diode AO coil in there now.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from gregh:

I do agree with you, which is why I'm wondering if the extra diode is a misprint. I assume it is, and the parts list is correct. There is a single diode AO coil in there now.

I doubt it's the problem, but to be sure just put a spare diode in line with the coil like the schematic shows and see if it affects your problem.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from gregh:

All the coils have an "extra" diode. The right saucer coil is just oriented differently on the schematics that the rest of the other coils, which is why it looks different.

#7 6 years ago

Greg

Are all the coils of your machine working correctly in the test mode for the solenoids?
What is the exact problem that you are having with the lower drop targets?

Robert

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy1:

Greg
Are all the coils of your machine working correctly in the test mode for the solenoids?
What is the exact problem that you are having with the lower drop targets?
Robert

Yes they are all working correctly. The issue is the defender targets pop up when you start a game. They are supposed to pop down. I had anot her vector I just finished doing the same thing. It was an incorrect coil in the out hole. I put an at coil in and it fixed all the issues right up.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from gregh:

Yes they are all working correctly. The issue is the defender targets pop up when you start a game. They are supposed to pop down. I had anot her vector I just finished doing the same thing. It was an incorrect coil in the out hole. I put an at coil in and it fixed all the issues right up.

So, in coil test, what happens when each of those coils (three knock down and 1 reset) should fire?

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

So, in coil test, what happens when each of those coils (three knock down and 1 reset) should fire?

Ok did some more troubleshooting tonight. I felt like I was over thinking it and turns out I was. I did the sol test, and none of the 3 memory coils on the lower bank would fire. I measured each one and they all had power. So I though about the grounding wires. I grounded the transistor and nothing happened to them. I stared tracing wires through the bundle, and wouldn't you kow it I found a broken wire. Got that repaired and fixed all my problems.

So the moral is, k.i.s.s. keep it simple stupid. Thanks for all your suggestions, I probably would still be chasing diodes and coils to no end.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Myers, FL
$ 90.00
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vector-manual-discrepancy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.