1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by mrossman5
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Could anyone see stern doing vaults in the near future ? I want a wwe attitude era royal rumble machine that be awesome having stone cold or the rocks music turn on when a shot is hit .

#2 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mcshaney:

Could anyone see stern doing vaults in the near future ? I want a wwe attitude era royal rumble machine that be awesome having stone cold or the rocks music turn on when a shot is hit .

Name a Data East machine that gets current prices. One of the best is TFTC and that gets about $3K. So why would they risk a re-release at twice the price?

Also, Data East was WWF not WWE. Stern WWE was a flop. The old WWF is listed on Pinside as $2,200.

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Name a Data East machine that gets current prices. One of the best is TFTC and that gets about $3K

GNR would be the closest for current price but these machines would be basically LE that would be the hook .look at the batman 66 VE

#5 1 year ago

Gnr would sell and probably be the only one worth doing. It would also be a pain in the ass stern isn’t in the widebody Biz anymore. I’m sure they are happy vaulting newer games.

#6 1 year ago

With pc principal's micro-aggression mutiball

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

widebody Biz anymore

No love for the fat bottom machines No more (the price and weight factor in )

#8 1 year ago

Yeah, I don't think that's going to happen.

#9 1 year ago

If Data East games were as good as modern games like Tron, ACDC and Metallica I could see it as a possibility but they just aren't. A Tron vault based on the original movie or a Metallica Ride the Lightning VE would be much better choices.

#10 1 year ago

I agree. GnR would definitely be the one to remake if they were to do one.

#11 1 year ago

A tron VE would be sweet

#12 1 year ago

More Data East games.......no thanks!

#13 1 year ago

Data east Star Wars is already a more fun and better theme integrated Star Wars pin than the new one - that’s a slam dunk. Remake it with modern sound, color LCD and some new code - boom! Major hit! And as others have said GNR!!! God I hope the JJP GNR rumors are true!

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Data east Star Wars is already a more fun and better theme integrated Star Wars pin than the new one - that’s a slam dunk. Remake it with modern sound, color LCD and some new code - boom! Major hit! And as others have said GNR!!! God I hope the JJP GNR rumors are true!

Give it up. Star Wars is such an awesome title but after 4 tries without getting it right I think we can assume the more you pay for the license the less you get in your machine.

The 1992 Data East version was probably the best attempt.
    The 1997 Sega Trilogy Machine is not on anyone's Must Have list.
    The 1999 Pin 2000 Episode 1 with Jar Jar Binks was the turd in the good-bye punch bowl for Williams
    The 2017 Stern just represents the "who cares" anymore theme the movies sunk into.

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Why not just make those same improvements to a Stern Whitestar game instead? A Simpsons or LOTR with LCD and improved sound and added code would be a much better choice!

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

Why not just make those same improvements to a Stern Whitestar game instead? A Simpsons or LOTR with LCD and improved sound and added code would be a much better choice!

License and toys. Heck, the LOTR SE didn't even have the figures.

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

License and toys. Heck, the LOTR SE didn't even have the figures.

Agreed and I don't think either will ever happen. Disney is never going to approve of a vault edition of DE SW with Disco Star Wars music.... Stern Star Wars is far superior anyway.

#18 1 year ago

Technically it was a Sega but I think made when Stern bought the division. South Park did phenomenal on rout; heck it is still often reported as a top flight rout earning machine.

If Stern were to VE South Park and modernize it a bit with the last two decades of material I think it would sell well.

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Technically it was a Sega but I think made when Stern bought the division. South Park did phenomenal on rout; heck it is still often reported as a top flight rout earning machine.
    If Stern were to VE South Park and modernize it a bit with the last two decades of material I think it would sell well.

I have a South Park now and it’s the first Pinball machine that I can remember playing. I would buy a new South Park or a VE with new material in a heart beat.

#20 1 year ago

DATA EAST, not a good investment.
    However, BTTF with some modern updated code would be awesome.
    LOTR 'VE i would consider heavily despite drop in wallet density...i mean destiny.

#21 1 year ago

Wont happen. Sorry to kill your dreams. Have you played an old Data East compared to the new Sterns? They are boring to play.
    When i was at the factory a few months ago in a meeting in Garys office i asked him any chance of a reissue of Bttf? He replied hell no been there done that this company has moved well and truely concentrating on new games and not raking a risk on old out dated titles.
    Wwe was also the worst money losing title ever and an embarrassment we were told.

#22 1 year ago

Harsh.

Quoted from Wakky:

Wont happen. Sorry to kill your dreams. Have you played an old Data East compared to the new Sterns? They are boring to play.
    When i was at the factory a few months ago in a meeting in Garys office i asked him any chance of a reissue of Bttf? He replied hell no been there done that this company has moved well and truely concentrating on new games and not raking a risk on old out dated titles.
    Wwe was also the worst money losing title ever and an embarrassment we were told.

#23 1 year ago

Mate that is reality. We can all fantasize but its a business that needs to make money. Old games with old technology and game play is not practical nor profitable.
    Just being honest at the response i was given a few months ago.

#24 1 year ago

Data East games suck!

#25 1 year ago

I’d drop money on TSPP or LOTR with full colour changing lights. There’s so much to do on those two games that they would benefit a lot from an update, and they also command a high enough price to make it worthwhile.

#26 1 year ago

It will never happen

#27 1 year ago

wakky so the conclusion that I'm coming to is it's too expensive to make a 25 year old machine with new technology than it is to make eight year old machine with retheme with newer technology or about the same

#28 1 year ago

I like some data East games but there is really no point in making vault editions of them like most have said the only one that could be vaulted is guns n roses because it has held a good value.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Lighting - Other
    Slap Save Creations
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 8.95
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Great American Pinball
    $ 22.00
    Hardware
    The MOD Couple
    $ 24.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 799.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside