(Topic ID: 95793)

++ Vault Edition ++ Lets tell Stern what we want next !!

By Beez

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 170 posts
  • 102 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by beefzap
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“++ Vault Edition ++ Lets tell Stern what we want next !!”

• Lord of the Rings 211 votes
    41%
  • Spiderman 72 votes
    14%
  • Batman Dark Knight 23 votes
    4%
  • Tron 103 votes
    20%
  • Riley's Believe it or Not 16 votes
    3%
  • The Simpsons Pinball Party 39 votes
    8%
  • Family Guy 33 votes
    6%
  • Other - listed in thread 23 votes
    4%

(520 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

batman_1.jpg
catacomp.png
splash8.jpg
image-2-923.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigdaddy07.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 9 years ago

I'm not sure how a LOTR VE would play out since they released an LE in 09. Wouldn't that piss off all the LE owners? I mean I would think the LE owners would have had some sort of assumption that they were getting the final run of LOTR. Seems like a similar argument to the Tron premium.

#58 9 years ago

I'll have to say I'm surprised (though I shouldn't be) by the overwhelming lead that LOTR has for a remake, given all the other top Stern titles listed, namely Tron. That alone speaks volumes as to just how great a game it is.

Having said that, I wouldn't expect a LOTR remake to be an under 5k NIB offering if Stern did release it. Its a full featured pin with a expensive license and I would expect the price to be around 6k (if I had to make a guess).

1 week later
#106 9 years ago

Like I mentioned in another thread, there is no way LOTR would be priced at or near IMVE. The BoM is too much and as mnpinball pointed out, the White Star board conversions would be costly. Your looking at a current premium price for a LOTR VE. I think it would be great if they reran them but, let's be real about the price. 5k is dreaming.

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Both have 2 ramps, two flippers, magnets, plastic set, spinners, molded figures, motor, etc. What is the high cost item on LOTR that would make it so much higher? I don't see it.

Aside from the PotD and interactive towers, I'd say the 2 metal ramps, gold wireforms, and metal sword ball lock. IM is all plastic. Metal is more expensive. That's why the pro models do not have the wireforms (ST as the example here) that the premium models have. If you look at LOTR, it would be a premium today and IM would be a Pro and so LOTR would have a premium price tag. That's what I'm using as my gauge.

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Best post in the thread regarding the increased costs of LOTR and it is all but ignored.
And you can't just look at BOM costs. There are other things involved, including additional assembly time vs something like IM. I bet they can get IM through the line a fair amount quicker than they could LOTR.

I say let them dream, sometimes that's what we need. Heck, I'm dreaming of a 5k MM someday (and I'll be happy with a used one) , so I'm just as guilty.

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Right, but what's the difference in cost for all of this (plus additional assembly time as posited by RobT)? If it's $200 more, I doubt it's a deal breaker for Stern. If it's $2,000 more, how did they afford to make LOTR in the first place (twice, I guess, if you count the LE)?

I see your point there but, 2009 was still five years ago and pin prices have gone sky high since then. If the BOM doesn't really add up to much, then why are they charging 6500 for a premiums?

#128 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Because people will pay that much.

Yep I do agree.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Springfield, MO
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.00
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigdaddy07.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vault-edition-lets-tell-stern-what-we-want-next?tu=bigdaddy07 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.