(Topic ID: 95793)

++ Vault Edition ++ Lets tell Stern what we want next !!

By Beez

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 170 posts
  • 102 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by beefzap
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“++ Vault Edition ++ Lets tell Stern what we want next !!”

• Lord of the Rings 211 votes
    41%
  • Spiderman 72 votes
    14%
  • Batman Dark Knight 23 votes
    4%
  • Tron 103 votes
    20%
  • Riley's Believe it or Not 16 votes
    3%
  • The Simpsons Pinball Party 39 votes
    8%
  • Family Guy 33 votes
    6%
  • Other - listed in thread 23 votes
    4%

(520 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

batman_1.jpg
catacomp.png
splash8.jpg
image-2-923.jpg
There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 9 years ago

This is an excellent idea IMO for Stern to capitalize on some great selling games ...
What would you like to see next??

Lord of the Rings
Spiderman
Batman Dark Knight
Tron
Ripley's Believe it or not
The Simpsons Pinball Party
Family Guy

#2 9 years ago

I would love a Family Guy rerun

#3 9 years ago

Simpson Family guy

#4 9 years ago

Big buck hunter pro

#6 9 years ago

Bring back "24" but make it better, call it "25".

#7 9 years ago

I would buy LOTR's, maybe a Spiderman.

#8 9 years ago

Waiting for the news on the next vault release is delaying my decision on pulling the trigger on a LOTR LE.

#9 9 years ago

LOTR would be an easy decision for me

#12 9 years ago

Stampede! I just like the art package.
image-2-923.jpgimage-2-923.jpg

#13 9 years ago

Tron Premium

I bet RBION would sell well. Lots of "normal" people play it on TPA. I'm sure plenty of folks check ebay & etc to find a NIB one & all they see are used beaters for $3k+ & they say fugit never mind.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I bet RBION would sell well

At $5K when you can get a nice one for $3K?

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

At $5K when you can get a nice one for $3K?

Yes

Look at the sold listings of NIB games on ebay & you will see a lot of normal non Pinside people go online to buy NIB without "the hobby", Pinside, CL & etc.

To many folks used just isnt an option & when you see prices of RBION on ebay they are damn close to $5k for a pile of shit which is what normal people see. Then they buy the $4999 Star Trek pro delivered for free instead.

Stern sells way more games to non pinheads IMO than we think... I think... Lol

#16 9 years ago

It would be smart for Stern to release a VE of LOTR right as Hobbit pin is released....or When The movie Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies comes out so December of 2014... That's the next VE that makes the most sense... The games are still in high demand, it's considered one of the best Sterns... And the timing would be perfect with the movie and JJP competition. It's been 11 years since the game came out... It's that time to rerun them. It's still sought after and are retaining going up in value. Stern can certainly cash in on this title still, strike while the irons hot.

Tron, we all want a "premium" and possibly might happen but Perhaps when Tron Legacy pt2 comes out, being several runs were made I don't think it's likely we will see a re-run until Tron 3 aka legacy pt.2.

Not a VE but...2015, likely Star Wars Episode VII Stern or JJP will likely pick up this title... I'm thinking Stern since they have a good relationship with Disney.

Well let's see... you have in 2016... VE of POTC "Dead Men Tell No Tales" It will also mark 10 years since the first initial run. I personally think this is one of the most under rated sterns.

The Amazing Spider-Man 3 - 2016, so perhaps that's when a a spiderman rerun would make the most sense... my spidey sense is tingling I mean game came out in 2007 somewhat early for a rerun.., so come time 2016 will be a good time for the rerun..

#17 9 years ago

I think LOTR is a no brainer for 2 reasons.

1) No other older Stern would benefit from the newer software, & build quality than LOTR. Crisp clear audio would be unbelievable, stronger flippers, & awesome cab decals.

2) It would be a Huge F*ck You to JJP & the Hobbit! Lol

#18 9 years ago

Lol!
I didn't post fast enough!

#19 9 years ago

mrclean, What new Iron Man movie coming out this year to coincide with the Iron Man VE release?

#20 9 years ago

I think LOTR VE is unlikely:

1 - JJP's license of The Hobbit most likely prevents this
2 - JJP would sue/seek legal action
3 - LOTR was rereleased in 2009 as a LE edition.

I would lean towards Tron & SM but Tron having the lead.

#21 9 years ago

My vote is for Family Guy. It would have been TSPP but I haven't got my original fixed yet let alone see/get a vault edition re-make.

#22 9 years ago

Let's go way back into that vault and remake DE Star Wars. Would upgrade my original in heartbeat to get a mint NIB.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

mrclean, What new Iron Man movie coming out this year to coincide with the Iron Man VE release?

I guess your right, but Iron man 3 was released in 2013... Still striking while the iron is still hot.. pun intended.

Quoted from Ed209:

Let's go way back into that vault and remake DE Star Wars. Would upgrade my original in heartbeat to get a mint NIB.

I would like a revamped version of Data Easts Back To The Future Pinball.. .to come out Oct. 21st 2015...
Back to the Future Day is
1 year, 114 days, 0 hours, 17 minutes away.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I would like a revamped version of Data Easts Back to the Future Pinball.. .to come out Oct. 21st 2015...
Back to the Future Day is
1 year, 114 days, 0 hours, 17 minutes away.

Yes to this also! Would also buy in a heartbeat.

#25 9 years ago

LOTR first, followed by TSPP and Spidey.

I think LOTR VE would sell out even faster than IM VE did.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Licensing for Lord of the Rings would be a separate entity from The Hobbit, wouldn't it (I have no clue on that stuff)? From a business perspective, I could see Stern re-releasing LOTR just a few weeks before The Hobbit's released.

#27 9 years ago

Personally Tron is my favorite Stern game, however it hasn't been long since they've done production runs of it, so it'd make more sense for them to do something older like LOTR or Spiderman.

#28 9 years ago

LOTR for me. Had one, and wants it back... in better shape than my previous and precious one.

#29 9 years ago

I'm not sure how a LOTR VE would play out since they released an LE in 09. Wouldn't that piss off all the LE owners? I mean I would think the LE owners would have had some sort of assumption that they were getting the final run of LOTR. Seems like a similar argument to the Tron premium.

#30 9 years ago

Black Spiderman.

LTG : )™

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I'm not sure how a LOTR VE would play out since they released an LE in 09. Wouldn't that piss off all the LE owners? I mean I would think the LE owners would have had some sort of assumption that they were getting the final run of LOTR. Seems like a similar argument to the Tron premium.

Was the LE different than the standard run?

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Was the LE different than the standard run?

#33 9 years ago

i'd like a new pin...
is that bad ?

#34 9 years ago

Not much different, no gameplay differents

#35 9 years ago

I am sure RBION got only one vote as it is spelled incorrectly.
"Riley's Believe it or Not"

Otherwise, and you have to agree with me, it would get over 50% of the votes. People are confused!

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

4 - The software is run on the obsolete 6809 MPU Whitestar boardset.

#37 9 years ago

Please add Shrek Hardly any of them out there

#38 9 years ago

You can tell it must be summer time. Plenty of re-runs and nobody seems to care.

#39 9 years ago

We are all waiting for Twd to drop this fall with an LCD...boom!

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

We are all waiting for Twd to drop this fall with an LCD...boom!

Hell yeah!!!

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I think they could run more LOTR LEs, as I don't believe they ever made the 500 of them that there was supposed to be. I remember hearing they only ran 250 or 300 of the intended 500.

#42 9 years ago

Why are people voting for Tron when you can buy one all day long???? Heck I bet there are still 100's NIB throughout the country.

#43 9 years ago

Maybe they'll rerun X-Men with a smaller Wolverine figure and reworked voice call outs...

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

Maybe they'll rerun X-Men with a smaller Wolverine figure and reworked voice call outs...

Or a software update. Personally I think Wolverine is fine, tight shot, but fun to make.

#45 9 years ago

CSI, Tron Premium, LOTR

#46 9 years ago

I am going to put a permanent order in now with my distro to get a LOTR VE if they ever do it. It will sell out in about 12 minutes.

#47 9 years ago

An updated 24!

#48 9 years ago

Re-theme 24 to Sledge Hammer!

splash8.jpgsplash8.jpg
#49 9 years ago

When LOTR came out, it was very unusual in Europe to buy NIB machine so we don't have many HUO LOTR.

These machines are now sold for crazy price. Expect near 10 000usd for a LE HUO and at least 6000 usd for a standard edition HUO. In term of price a new edition is very competitive and demand remains high.

On my personal side, LOTR is the only one I will buy. Then TSPP if the price is reasonnable, which means lower than the current price for a pro machine.

#50 9 years ago

Aren't there like 5 threads about this already?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anniston, AL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 79.95
Pinball Life

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vault-edition-lets-tell-stern-what-we-want-next and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.