Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by WaddleJrJr
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

With all of todays technology, Williams' Varkon seems at least to me, an easy remake. Not saying a full production but a single build or two. Video game cabinet no problem, stencils, control panel over lay ?, marquee. A good scan of the playfield (and making it and plastics) and coming up with a wire harness maybe tricky. All boards readily available, mirror. Certainly not anywhere near the $8k mark. Just a thought!

#2 8 years ago

varkon is interesting because it is rare, not because it is fun to play... a remake would be a dud

#3 8 years ago

I had the same thought just yesterday... Fingers crossed

#4 8 years ago

I would have fun with it. I like odd games

#5 8 years ago

Same thing with Joust.

#6 8 years ago

#7 8 years ago

Varkon is a cool game. It fits in places full size machines can't. Would love to see more of them out there.

I don't see it happening though.

#8 8 years ago

Varkon and Joust were two pins that I was thrilled to see and get to play at PAPA the last time I went. I had a good time playing a few games on each machine, left them both with a smile and I am pretty sure I don't need to ever play either machine again.

They were both cool concepts, but they would not last very long if I had them in my home collection.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from mg81:

They were both cool concepts, but they would not last very long if I had them in my home collection.

Joust is a fantastic party game. It would last longer in your collection than you think if you have guests over regularly. Varkon is good for that too, but not as good.

#10 8 years ago

This could be said about thousands of other older games - they're easy to remake. In fact, they're all over the Internet for free if you look hard enough. There's a reason some get remade and some don't. I think the rarity has a lot to do with the popularity of Varkon. I've never played it, but I'd love to some day. The fact that it's stuck between an arcade game and a pin has a lot of people confused about its purpose. In my opinion, it just wouldn't have the staying power.

#11 8 years ago

This is an interesting thought. I should try out custom building a Varkon. I know someone who has a real one which I could possibly get scans and other information from. Fun game for sure, I think a small repro run of like 50 would do well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Tools
Pincoder Store

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/varkon-made-easy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.