which joust?

#3 11 years ago

pm sent for both.

Many thanks,

Tom

#4 11 years ago

How much for the Varkon?

#5 11 years ago

I spoke to the seller, he said he already had an offer of $10,000 for the Varkon. That was more than my budget.

#6 11 years ago

I have seen the Varkon and it is in rough shape.

#7 11 years ago

Wow I love varkon, had no idea it was worth so much, i know they are few and far between

#8 11 years ago

never heard of varkon, but it looks pretty cool. No wonder why it's rare at 90 made

#9 11 years ago

Varkon is very neat. But $10k?? No way, I get bored playing it after a few games, once the novelty wears off.

Joust, on the other hand, is an amazing party game that is endless fun, winner stays and loser rotates out, one of the best multiplayer pins ever. $10k for a Joust pin wouldn't be that crazy, to me, even though I probably still would not pay that much myself.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Wow I love varkon, had no idea it was worth so much, i know they are few and far between

It's not worth that much, but to try and pry one out of a collection baring extenuating circumstances and it will cost ya.

MM isn't worth 15k and BBB isn't worth 16k but they sell for that much.

#11 11 years ago

If he had an offer of 10k then that machine would have been delivered by seller even if over a thousand miles!

#12 11 years ago

There apparently is someone going around offering 10k for a Varkon at the moment as I know of one other Varkon owner who also received the offer.

#13 11 years ago

For what it's worth, Varkon is only $1750 in the book, even with the low production number. If I had one, I'd certainly jump at $10k offer.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

There apparently is someone going around offering 10k for a Varkon at the moment as I know of one other Varkon owner who also received the offer.

Take the $$ and run, Al!

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

I was offered $10k for mine in the restoration thread I have going. I never contacted him but he did leave his phone number so I assume he was legit. I kindly declined the offer in the thread.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

$10k for a Joust pin wouldn't be that crazy, to me, even though I probably still would not pay that much myself.

You can't just throw out a random number for a "value" and then say you wouldn't pay it.

I've seen a handful of decent Jousts sell over the years, and as recent as 6 months ago none of them reached half that price.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I've seen a handful of decent Jousts sell over the years, and as recent as 6 months ago none of them reached half that price.

This Joust sold for $6700 is just the last month.

ebay.com link: 1983 Williams Joust Head to Head Pinball Truly Beautiful Collector Quality

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/varkon-for-salejoust-for-sale and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.