Topic Stats

• 71 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by bretthalsey
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 27 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Maurice-Moss-Eating-Popcorn-The-IT-Crowd.gif
image-682.jpg
summer rental.gif
rachel_varkon_sm.jpg
medusa#9.jpg
medusa#8.jpg
medusa#7.jpg
medusa#7.jpg
medusa#6.jpg
medusa#5.jpg
medusa#4.jpg
medusa#3.jpg
medusa#2.jpg
medusa#1.jpg
Varkon#17.jpg
Varkon#16.jpg

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from bretthalsey:

Who says I won't. The sale isn't even complete. I guess there always has to be someone to chime in with some negative bullshit.

lol Brett. Its Pinside, there always is. Btw, hello Brett. Haven't spoken in a while..hope all is well. DB

#52 6 years ago

I have bought several games from Brett and they have all been in amazing condition. They also stand behind their games and fix them whenever anything goes wrong. Anyone who buys from them will be very pleased with the quality of work they do on the machines they sell. I have bought a couple of games from guys who are simply "flipping" them and there is no comparison. Brett puts so much time and materials into restoring a game I'm not even sure how they are making money in this business.

#53 6 years ago

Regarding the operator test program paperwork, I remember participating in that for Time Warp. I got a really nice, wood boxed large set of silverware out of the deal.

I also did the one for Cvaveman when Gottlieb had David L. Berte (PhD, loved how he always had to show his superiority in documentation) as an analyst. I forgot the gift but it was't as nice as the choices Williams offered. For some reason I think it was a $25.00 check. Too bad I didn't take a picture of a Gottlieb check.

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from bretthalsey:

Sorry, but you're an idiot. You don't even know who I am, and you're going to sit behind your computer and talk all this shit. Go annoy someone else.

+1. That negative nancy has been on my ignore list for a while.

#55 6 years ago

I'll vouch for Brett too, I've had good experiences with him. He's honest and stood by his word under circumstances in which many other people wouldn't have (resulting in me getting a sweet BK2K ). Seems like a rare quality anymore in folks.

I so wanted to pull the trigger on Varkon, but the timing just isn't right for me (someone sell me a Varkon this summer, please )

#56 6 years ago

Varkon is purely a novelty. But people pay big bucks for rarity, so it's not surprising to see it sell high in this day and age of rarity pinball collecting.

As for players? Nah. Varkon will never get played. Case in point: PAPA facility. You can walk up and play Varkon at any time, any moment of any day you are there. Nobody wants to play the poor thing. LOL I usually play it once per visit, and often don't make it through that first game because I get bored with the same couple shots and the novelty has already worn off before I can drain out..

#57 6 years ago

I actually preferthe game play of Allied's Spooksville & Sea Hunt over Varkon.

#58 6 years ago

It is fun how it is placed at PAPA, a casual observer would not realize what a rare machine it was or even bother to play it.

Like mechslave, I also always play it when I go. The problem I have with the game is how bad I am at it. Between the mirrors and joysticks for flipper buttons, my brain just short circuits when I try to play it.

#59 6 years ago

Good for Brett , nice job . I would buy a game from you.
1) you donated to pinside
2) more than one pinsider has vouched for you
3) you kept it positive even when you were being dragged through the mud by someone who never met you.

#60 6 years ago

I've bought a couple of games from Brett and they were exactly as advertised, nicely shopped out,
and at a fair price. We sent a friend of ours his way who didn't have much repair experience. He bought
several pins from Brett and had his tech fix up others in his collection. Our friend is really happy
with the services provided.

#61 6 years ago

A Varkon will be auctioned off at the Texas Pinball Fest should be a true test of market value

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

A Varkon will be auctioned off at the Texas Pinball Fest should be a true test of market value

That one has been fully restored with a restincled cabinet and is in extremely nice condition. I bet it goes high.

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

When during the show will the auction be? Cash only or checks allowed? Just curious.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

When during the show will the auction be? Cash only or checks allowed? Just curious.

si... what time & moola options ?

#65 6 years ago

TPF site shows auction to be saturday night with all the payment options on the online bid site which already has bids a few pins

6 months later
#66 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Funny part is that you don't even realize you are the negative bullshit of the entire community. The owner of the site has been very clear that FS posts in the forum should contain a price.
Is it really that hard to set a price? Of course it is when you are looking for suckers. Bunch of amateur used car salesman shitting in this hobby and all over pinside.
Your games are crap and obviously your prices are so high you are afraid to even list them. Adding insult that you are not even willing to financially support the venue you have just utilized to make money off these shady sales.

Quoted from bretthalsey:

Crap games? Come on, grow up.

Brett Halsey is a terrible pin flipper and just a terrible person. The very first time I bought a pin from him, he went behind my back and bad mouthed me, and my HOME, my WIFE and my KIDS! Little did he know the listener was a friend, who told me everything. Now he has tried to blackmail me on a deal, demanding I pay him $750 or he will tell my pinball tech not to work for me anymore. Which he did. Now I have nobody to fix my pins. Beware doing business with Brett Halsey - he is a snake in the grass.

#67 6 years ago

Spoken by the guy who sold me a Monster Bash for $9,250 as having a perfect playfield covered by a drac trac overlay by treasure cove. I had no idea they even made this, but lesson learned. When I got it home and started looking into the machine in more detail, I noticed a playfield overlay over the entire drac trac. Once I noticed it, I called the seller (David Baum) about bringing it back, which he then notified me the money was long gone. He then agreed to pay $1,200 to not get it back. This number worked down to $750 and then he never paid. It now has been 3 weeks, and still no money. Now, I'm looking on the pinside forum to find this BS. Keep in mind, this is also the same person saying, "I hope all is well", on the top of this thread page. My partner at www.atlantapinballrepair.com, then decided not to work on his games anymore. Now, he has lost his mind posting negative stuff here, on craigslist, GPAPS, and who else knows where. I purposely haven't posted anything about my dealings with David, so I could get the money owed, but hat obviously isn't happening. I could get into great detail about my experiences with this idiot, but I think you get the idea.

#69 6 years ago

Maurice-Moss-Eating-Popcorn-The-IT-Crowd.gif

#70 6 years ago

So did Varkon sell?

#71 6 years ago

Yes, sorry I just updated this thread. It sold within hours of listing it.

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside