medusa#6.jpg
medusa#5.jpg
medusa#4.jpg
medusa#3.jpg
medusa#2.jpg
medusa#1.jpg
Varkon#17.jpg
Varkon#16.jpg
There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Up for sale or trade is a very nice and very rare Varkon pinball machine. It was just shopped with new flipper bats, posts, rubber rings, remote battery terminal, leds throughout, and works perfectly. The GI's were done with cool white frost and the inserts were color matched. There was only 90 of these made with only a handful left known to exist. All the original paperwork is also included along with the letter to the operator stating they were selected in the test program where they would receive a free gift for participating. varkon#1.jpgvarkon#1.jpgVarkon#2.jpgVarkon#2.jpgVarkon#3.jpgVarkon#3.jpgVarkon#4.jpgVarkon#4.jpgVarkon#10.jpgVarkon#10.jpgVarkon#6.jpgVarkon#6.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Varkon#14.jpgVarkon#14.jpgVarkon#13.jpgVarkon#13.jpgVarkon#12.jpgVarkon#12.jpgVarkon#11.jpgVarkon#11.jpgVarkon#11.jpgVarkon#11.jpg

#4 10 years ago

Awesome! I played one and found it to be quite fun, as I wasn't sure what exactly to expect. Good luck with the sale or trade!

Brad

#5 10 years ago

I'm taking offers at this point. If nothing good comes across, I will put it up on ebay. I know the last one sold for over 10,000. I don't necessarily expect that, but that would definitely do it.

#6 10 years ago

Last one I saw sold for under 4k. 10k is crazy money. Was that on eBay?

#7 10 years ago

Open to trades?

Although, I don't think my trade offer would come close to what you would need for this.

Looks very nice.

Chris

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Last one I saw sold for under 4k. 10k is crazy money. Was that on eBay?

Curious when this was? The one that I knew of that changed hands the middle of last year went in the $10k ranged, it was collector to collector and not eBay. That being said I saw one up north that didn't work traded in the sub $4k range but that was probably three years ago. Hell if you just want to throw out numbers the guy I bought mine from only paid $90 for it which really doesn't mean anything about its value when I bought it or today.

#9 10 years ago

It was a local sale here in Cumming, GA. From my understanding, the highest recorded sale on bostonpinball is this pinball which was back in 2001. Trades? Please message me.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Marc:

Curious when this was? The one that I knew of that changed hands the middle of last year went in the $10k ranged, it was collector to collector and not eBay. That being said I saw one up north that didn't work traded in the sub $4k range but that was probably three years ago. Hell if you just want to throw out numbers the guy I bought mine from only paid $90 for it which really doesn't mean anything about its value when I bought it or today.

A year or two ago I believe on KLOV or maybe here. Started as a wanting to trade for a TZ post. Not saying anything about value, just was surprised these jumped up so much.

#11 10 years ago

There are only 90 of these out there...and God knows if they all survived.

Seller can ask whatever he wants. Buyers can purchase one of the many other Varkon's up for sale.

It's high on my wishlist, but I just don't think I'm in a position to go for it right now.

(Unless OP is looking for trades).

Pete

#12 10 years ago

Friend has one here in ma. Not as perfect condition as this one though.. Glws

#13 10 years ago

Man! Why didnt I win that powerball?? WHY?!?!?!

#14 10 years ago

Drooling.................................

Make sure it goes to a good home.

Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Man! Why didnt I win that powerball?? WHY?!?!?!

I am with ya on that one.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

(Unless OP is looking for trades).

#16 10 years ago

2014 Mr Pinball guide $1750

For reference Joust $4875 in guide.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

2014 Mr Pinball guide $1750
For reference Joust $4875 in guide.

Ya I can't see 10,000.00 happening. Ed

#18 10 years ago

There's a very good reason only 90 were made, it's boring as hell

Very cool piece just not fun. Last one I saw went for 2900. Thought that was too much but purely as a collectible, ok.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

There's a very good reason only 90 were made, it's boring as hell
Very cool piece just not fun. Last one I saw went for 2900. Thought that was too much but purely as a collectible, ok.

Yes. About $2400 too much. It was a dog when it came out and nothing special now other than its place in history. Its just amazes me how there are more an more people that price doesn't matter, just gotta have it factor. Best of luck to the seller!

#20 10 years ago

Don't get me wrong, it's a cool piece. But in my mind, it's a $2800 item.

I did pass on one 3 1/2 years ago at $2700 and went with an AFM instead. No regrets.

#21 10 years ago

Hi,

I've been wanting one of these ever since I saw one at my first CAX in 2009! I know the play field is small, and getting it into the inner part is cool, yet even smaller, but oddly I like it anyway. I absolutely love the sound effects... and can listen to that noise it make to launch the ball all day long.

That being said, would you take 3K for it?

I'm pretty sure you won't... but I think I've made the game famous on KLOV over the years, and I'm in a book playing it. I just want one of my own.

(Please don't laugh too loud at my offer... it would hurt my feelings)

#22 10 years ago

3k? Are you serious? He had better jump on you! Ed

#23 10 years ago

Thanks for your interest. I have way more into than that. I'm just glad to have owned a game that only 20 people might own in the world. It is very cool and unique.

#24 10 years ago

People have asked about water damage, which there isn't any, but here are some picks of the bottom of the inside of the cabinet. Varkon#15.jpgVarkon#15.jpgVarkon#16.jpgVarkon#16.jpgVarkon#17.jpgVarkon#17.jpg

#25 10 years ago

Payment Pending, thanks for the interest. I have defender that I will be putting up for sale next.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from bretthalsey:

Payment Pending, thanks for the interest. I have defender that I will be putting up for sale next.

Pinball or arcade? Ed

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

Pinball or arcade? Ed

My money is on the pin not the vid.

#28 10 years ago

Yes, I can confirm that my former Varkon sold for considerably more than $10K. I offered it up at a crazy price and someone called me on it. I was perfectly happy with the game and people loved playing it. We bought a 26' camper with the money and my wife doesn't bug me about game purchases anymore.

And I was able to account for 29 games when I tried to do it. I'm guessing a few became videos back in the day.

Congrats on the sale.

#29 10 years ago

Thanks. Defender? Pinball which is also pending sale now. Next will be a very nice spiderman (gottlieb) with a new mayfair glass. After that will be a fully restored Medusa.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Yes, I can confirm that my former Varkon sold for considerably more than $10K. I offered it up at a crazy price and someone called me on it. I was perfectly happy with the game and people loved playing it. We bought a 26' camper with the money and my wife doesn't bug me about game purchases anymore.

And I was able to account for 29 games when I tried to do it. I'm guessing a few became videos back in the day.

Congrats on the sale.

Let me Guess AL a guy named Dave from TN? Congrats on your sale OP, I like the game but dont love it and dont think I would ever have one in the collection, Great piece of history.

Joe(acejedi)

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from bretthalsey:

After that will be a fully restored Medusa.

#32 10 years ago

How much did the defender sell for? I would like to have had a chance at it. Ed

#33 10 years ago

Here is some pics of the medusa (not done). So far, I re-stenciled the cabinet and got the metal powder coated gold. I still need to clear the cabinet, shop the playfield, and put it back together. I went with a burgundy base, gold metallic for the stencil, and gold powder coated metal. medusa#1.jpgmedusa#1.jpgmedusa#2.jpgmedusa#2.jpgmedusa#3.jpgmedusa#3.jpgmedusa#4.jpgmedusa#4.jpgmedusa#5.jpgmedusa#5.jpgmedusa#6.jpgmedusa#6.jpgmedusa#7.jpgmedusa#7.jpg

#34 10 years ago

medusa#7.jpgmedusa#7.jpgmedusa#7.jpgmedusa#7.jpgmedusa#8.jpgmedusa#8.jpgmedusa#9.jpgmedusa#9.jpg

#35 10 years ago

Beautiful!

#36 10 years ago

Thanks!

#37 10 years ago

Nice Varkon (and Medusa) FWIW, the Varkon I'm playing in this pic went for close to 10K (not my game), so while that does seem crazy high, it happens.

rachel_varkon_sm.jpgrachel_varkon_sm.jpg
#38 10 years ago
Quoted from bretthalsey:

Thanks. Defender? Pinball which is also pending sale now. Next will be a very nice spiderman (gottlieb) with a new mayfair glass. After that will be a fully restored Medusa.

You could at least have the decency to donate a percentage of your sales to pinside since you are running this auction bullshit and avoiding all ebay fees.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from ghostrachel:

Nice Varkon (and Medusa) FWIW, the Varkon I'm playing in this pic went for close to 10K (not my game), so while that does seem crazy high, it happens.

Is that the one that Dann Frank has?

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

How much did the defender sell for? I would like to have had a chance at it. Ed

I also would like to know.

I have possibly one of the nicest Defender Pins on the planet and it they are going for 10K too I might be selling!

#41 10 years ago

This is a game I would love to have one day. I hope it went to a good home.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You could at least have the decency to donate a percentage of your sales to pinside since you are running this auction bullshit and avoiding all ebay fees.

Who says I won't. The sale isn't even complete. I guess there always has to be someone to chime in with some negative bullshit.

#43 10 years ago

Hopefully the buyer will authorize you to release the sale price if the sale is completed. Id sure like to know, your game looked great.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from bretthalsey:

Who says I won't. The sale isn't even complete. I guess there always has to be someone to chime in with some negative bullshit.

Funny part is that you don't even realize you are the negative bullshit of the entire community. The owner of the site has been very clear that FS posts in the forum should contain a price.

Is it really that hard to set a price? Of course it is when you are looking for suckers. Bunch of amateur used car salesman shitting in this hobby and all over pinside.

Your games are crap and obviously your prices are so high you are afraid to even list them. Adding insult that you are not even willing to financially support the venue you have just utilized to make money off these shady sales.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Funny part is that you don't even realize you are the negative bullshit of the entire community. The owner of the site has been very clear that FS posts in the forum should contain a price.
Is it really that hard to set a price? Of course it is when you are looking for suckers. Bunch of amateur used car salesman shitting in this hobby and all over pinside.
Your games are crap and obviously your prices are so high you are afraid to even list them. Adding insult that you are not even willing to financially support the venue you have just utilized to make money off these shady sales.

Sorry, but you're an idiot. You don't even know who I am, and you're going to sit behind your computer and talk all this shit. Go annoy someone else.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from bretthalsey:

Sorry, but you're an idiot. You don't even know who I am, and you're going to sit behind your computer and talk all this shit. Go annoy someone else.

I am guessing you are Brett Halsey, an amateur used car salesman from Gainesville GA that only comes to Pinside to use it for the purposes of selling crap in an auction format or when you are looking for used parts. Pretty good powers of deduction...

I will happily have the same discussion with you in person as I will online as the facts are pretty clear that you are currently freeloading of this site to sell your stuff for inflated prices. If you don't want discussion on your crap games or crap selling practices then post it in the market.

#47 10 years ago

Hey>> you donated today! good job!

Now post some prices for your games instead of running this silent auction crap.

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am guessing you are Brett Halsey, an amateur used car salesman from Gainesville GA that only comes to Pinside to use it for the purposes of selling crap in an auction format or when you are looking for used parts. Pretty good powers of deduction...
I will happily have the same discussion with you in person as I will online as the facts are pretty clear that you are currently freeloading of this site to sell your stuff for inflated prices. If you don't want discussion on your crap games or crap selling practices then post it in the market.

Crap games? Come on, grow up.

#49 10 years ago

He's a judge and I value his opinion.
Ed gave up a BBB for these.

summer rental.gifsummer rental.gif

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Brett is definitely a flipper, for better or for worse. From what I hear he has a good technician and stands behind his games, so that's in his favor. He pretty much has driven out all hopes of picking up decent priced games in the entire Atlanta area--at least on craigslist. I don't like no price listings either but I don't think pinside is where Brett sells most of his games--just a guess.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/varkon-for-sale/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.