Topic Stats

• 115 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by ilovegames007
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 19 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0719 (resized).JPG
IMG_0715 (resized).JPG
IMG_0695 (resized).JPG
IMG_0709 (resized).JPG
IMG_0711 (resized).JPG
IMG_0682 (resized).JPG
IMG_0676 (resized).JPG
IMG_0673 (resized).JPG
IMG_0666 (resized).JPG
IMG_4867 (resized).JPG
IMG_8212 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robotron.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 5 years ago

i own one now. been looking for 5 years!

1 month later
#12 4 years ago
Quoted from PavBall:

I thought Varkon would not be anything special. Now, after playing every day since last week, I cannot begin to say all that I love about that machine. I simply declare that I am now addicted to all 80's games.

love mine, I bought this one: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/varkon-restoration-started

ironically it was listed on klov for sale. I am gonna scan mine eventually and hopefully get some parts made.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I will share some costs with you if you do that. I'd like some parts...let me know.

of all my games this is the one I would love to get parts made for. I have a buddy coming over to discuss this on april 25th, ill keep you posted.

my arcade featuring varkon:

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from fuko:

What parts would you have made? Marquee? Bezel?
I have a prototype Varkon. Some of the PF parts are different from the production version. The spinner for example has handmade artwork

marquee, bezel, cpo, plastics. don't know exactly, I would hate to take mine apart and have something break. gonna discuss with a friend who is making some mystic marathon parts.
this is something I want to do.

#20 4 years ago

would love to look at the ramp and maybe get one with lower angle to make it easier to access lower playfield.

2 months later
#27 4 years ago
Quoted from Pbpins:

Sold my last one probably 10 years ago; actually had 4 in my years in the hobby!

I think many owners are keeping these. haven't seen many for sale, the one recent was a proto- lucky guy that got that one!!!

6 months later
#33 4 years ago
Quoted from PavBall:

That is a lot of Varkon! I just playing it today. I didn't hear any music on the game and wondering what happened? I thought it had music?

mine don't play music neither. do any others play music?

1 month later
#41 4 years ago

the ser number should be stamped on the front of the game under cpo. i am almost sure they came with red ball sticks. maybe you got yourself a proto. see if the ser number starts with "xp"

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from mochaman:

I found my number. Was wondering what the starting number was for production. I can only find 9 online and mine is lower than all except for the proto.

numbers in sequence were not used by many manufacturers. they wanted to keep the numbers sold a secret. not sure with this particular game.

#48 4 years ago

there are many many games out there waiting to be discovered. i myself had a warehouse score last year. love to see games brought back to life and back in collections and game rooms.

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

How do warehouse finds work? All storage units abandoned like on storage wars that you buy?
I found an old broke down EM in a storage container for a deceased client years ago...we knew he had some arcade stuff in the container before we opened it.

mine was by luck. somebody followed me on a forum and said he had collected for years and had many games in storage. he was offered 4500 for all the games from coinop warehouse, he was looking for 6500. well i went in there and he had like 14000 in stuff. i paid him on the spot and got it all. there were 2 pins. popeye and stargate. starwars cockpit, super punchout, warlords, venture, alot of pcbs nos monitors etc. the caveat is it took me a year to selloff everything. got my money back in a month though. its a lot of fun doing warehouse raids.

7 months later
#69 3 years ago
Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

Thanks! That one is mine. We have done alot of work on it to make it play good. We did some modifications on the ramp so that you can actually get to the lower PF. Before you actually could hardly ever get to the lower PF. We swapped out the ball for a slightly lighter weight ball which helps along with the modifications to the ramp. The last 2 shows the stand up targets have broken, so I have beefed them up...or at least I hope so!! It will be at Expo in a couple weeks to get a work out!
Phoebe

maybe you can add the details to his thread as that lower playfield can be tough to get to. i have to use the ls flipper to do it.

IMG_8212 (resized).JPG

8 months later
#88 2 years ago

guys this is my varkon
i had this at allentown
i really dont want to sell it but i have downsized my collection this past 4 months i enjoyed having this and maybe its time for someone else to enjoy it!

#90 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

My guess is it ends around $9,000. That's the one restored by Marc in Texas correct?

tigerlaw this was the one in texas restored by marc, bought it from a guy in atlantic city. never got the ramp fix, my job doesnt allow alot of free time. that is gonna change soon i am also moving on to a new job soon. many new life changes
gonna have more time for pinball and other hobbies hopefully.

#95 2 years ago

thanks for posting the playfield ramp info
you varkon looks great!

#99 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That specific machine was what motivated me to hunt down a Varkon. Marc did superb work on it. I tried to buy it from him shortly after TPF when it missed his 10k reserve at auction by $200 but he had already sold it by the time I contacted him.

i promised myself if this did not sell i would keep it and i am going to put it back in the lineup
ill be posting some picks of the game when i get it back in the house
highest bid 7000 not enough to let this one go!

#101 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Glad you stayed in the club! Just out of curiosity what was your reserve if you don't mind sharing? Are you going to do the ramp fix shown above?

reserve was 9000
i am going to see if i can get a repro ramp made and do the ramp fix. ill keep you posted on the ramp repro.

#106 2 years ago

i paid 10k a couple years ago, the market was hotter for this pin. i can find somebody to give me the same if i keep looking, its one of the nicest you will see. i have several open offers at or close to my asking price but i have to wait for those interested to sell some games etc plus right now in the summer high priced games dont sell easy as most peopl need money for vacations and other things. the best time is around april and may when the tax refunds star coming in.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 8.00
Cabinet Parts
Pinball Haus
$ 8.99
Lighting - Other
Pappy's Pinball Palace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts
$ 25.50
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 149.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 239.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 29.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robotron.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside