IMG_0673 (resized).JPG
IMG_0666 (resized).JPG
IMG_4867 (resized).JPG
IMG_8212 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Glad you stayed in the club! Just out of curiosity what was your reserve if you don't mind sharing? Are you going to do the ramp fix shown above?

reserve was 9000
i am going to see if i can get a repro ramp made and do the ramp fix. ill keep you posted on the ramp repro.

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

reserve was 9000
i am going to see if i can get a repro ramp made and do the ramp fix. ill keep you posted on the ramp repro.

PavBall guessed it spot on at 9k. My guess was $9,200. Please do regarding the ramp.

#103 6 years ago

Man I was ready to jump on the bid at $7000 but saw that the reserve wasn't met and had a feeling I wasn't close...bummer (for me)

#104 6 years ago

I was also interested in the auction, at the earlier stages
I guessed that the reserve was at 10k, turns out that was a little high.

If anyone in the club decides it is time to move their Varkon on to a new owner let me know. I think it would be great to have one out in the Rocky Mountain Mid West! I would prefer to have one in a player’s condition then take it around to the shows for a couple of years. Then possibly restoring or refurbishing it.

I would definitely like to join the club one day

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from GamesGuy5280:

I think it would be great to have one out in the Rocky Mountain Mid West!

I hope you get one. There is a myth that Varkon is not a good "player's game". Totally not the case, Varkon is a fast playing game with a good ruleset. People love it at the tourneys PavBall and I host...it is literally flocked to in the home environment.

#106 6 years ago

i paid 10k a couple years ago, the market was hotter for this pin. i can find somebody to give me the same if i keep looking, its one of the nicest you will see. i have several open offers at or close to my asking price but i have to wait for those interested to sell some games etc plus right now in the summer high priced games dont sell easy as most peopl need money for vacations and other things. the best time is around april and may when the tax refunds star coming in.

#107 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

plus right now in the summer high priced games dont sell easy as most peopl need money for vacations and other things. the best time is around april and may when the tax refunds star coming in.

I agree with the above statement, and would add that Nov & Dec are also a good time when people are looking to buy a pinball machine as a Christmas present.

$10k by Christmas. Oh wait, it's already about at $10k. j/k

#108 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

the best time is around april and may when the tax refunds star coming in.

For a ultra rare high dollar collectible game like Varkon I think January is the best time, right after year end bonuses and the start of winter when people are in their basements the most.

5 months later
#109 6 years ago

Any new club members recently? Any cool mods or ideas?

2 months later
#111 6 years ago

Checking in to see if anyone has made a cool Varkon garage find or anything?

I’ve bought a new sound board so I should have my volumebissue fixed soon.

#112 6 years ago

I may actually unpack mine at some point in the next 6 months. Its been in storage for the last 3.5 years.

2 weeks later
#113 6 years ago

We have the parts in to fix our volume. It’s either super loud or super quiet, we ordered a new sound board. Any one else have this issue before?

1 year later
#114 5 years ago

Got to play this bad boy again at the Louisville expo, was great to play it again, would love to see some more pictures if the owners have some on here!

4 months later
#115 4 years ago

I have a nice unrestored one. Have had it for years.
Anyone looking for one??

We dont play it anymore, and I could use the cash in other areas.

If anyone is interested I have pics, and will answer any questions.

Have a idea of worth, but 1 hasn't sold for awhile

Thanks

1 year later
#116 3 years ago

I need to find a place that sells the 9 pin connectors Varkon uses. Marco doesn’t seem to have any. Any ideas? Thanks!

2 weeks later
#117 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I need to find a place that sells the 9 pin connectors Varkon uses. Marco doesn’t seem to have any. Any ideas? Thanks!

Just a friendly bump to see if anyone knows. Thanks!

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Just a friendly bump to see if anyone knows. Thanks!

Do you have a picture of the connector?

#119 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Is it like this one?
https://www.pinballlife.com/156-396mm-idc-9-position-connector-for-22-gauge-wire.html

5 months later
#121 2 years ago

Looking for a Varkon if anyone is looking/willing to sell. Cash in hand of course so let me know.

Thanks!

#122 2 years ago

PavBall and I love our restored Varkon…but that price from the big auction is tough to ignore…

1 month later
#123 2 years ago

Hi Folks, if you want to see the probably "best" restored Varkon on the planet, have a look at this:
https://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/threads/varkon-pinball-holy-shit-wie-geil-ist-der-denn.240609/

Bildschirmfoto 2021-11-19 um 10.26.00 (resized).pngBildschirmfoto 2021-11-19 um 10.26.00 (resized).png
1 week later
#124 2 years ago

That is a very nice restored Varkon. PavBall and I received two offers around 20k for our restored Varkon - but decided we just couldn’t part with it as it is our crown jewel collector piece and fits a spot in our house where no other pin could fit.

8 months later
#125 1 year ago

I had a really nice call today with a gentleman looking to join the club. PavBall and I are not really looking to part with our machine just yet, but this is a seemingly well qualified buyer that has been in the hobby for six or seven years. Nice fellow, either post in this thread if you have any interest in selling your example or PM me and I'll put you in contact with the gentleman. Thank you.

2 months later
#126 1 year ago

Should be some new owners.

Check this post out, taken from the Pinball Enthusiats Facebook group:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-horror-pics/page/86#post-7224860

I hope fellow owners can help this guy restore this Varkon. It’s complete and Varkon is just too good to part out!!!

Also know of someone else who recently picked up a Varkon project in the past 6 months. Shocked they are still popping up!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/varkon-club/page/3?hl=dent00 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.