IMG_0673 (resized).JPG
IMG_0666 (resized).JPG
IMG_4867 (resized).JPG
IMG_8212 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 9 years ago

So, this is going to be a small club...but I wonder how many of us there are on Pinside?

You may have saw my other thread where I'm looking for NOS plastics. Is this a pipe dream of mine?

#2 9 years ago

This is interesting... I bet the number is less then 20 of the 79 built still exist

#3 9 years ago

I'd like to trade my restored Fathom for a Varkon.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

This is interesting... I bet the number is less then 20 of the 79 built still exist

My guess is maybe 25 tops are around somewhere in existence.

#5 9 years ago

I have one, I restored it and it is staying put...it has joysticks. I take it to shows so others can play it. I know of at least 4 others around...
There were 90 made originally...

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=Varkon&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick

Phoebe

#6 9 years ago

I play one on location at Kidforce Collectibles but don't own one. I'd love to get one eventually though, it's a blast to play.

#7 9 years ago

I also have one with joysticks but not yet restored. Maybe get to it this year.

Tom

1 month later
#8 9 years ago

i own one now. been looking for 5 years!

1 month later
#9 9 years ago

Anyone know where a Varkon translight can be located? I mentioned earlier about plastics, still no luck on my end.

#10 9 years ago

I thought Varkon would not be anything special. Now, after playing every day since last week, I cannot begin to say all that I love about that machine. I simply declare that I am now addicted to all 80's games.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from PavBall:

I thought Varkon would not be anything special. Now, after playing every day since last week, I cannot begin to say all that I love about that machine. I simply declare that I am now addicted to all 80's games.

love mine, I bought this one: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/varkon-restoration-started

ironically it was listed on klov for sale. I am gonna scan mine eventually and hopefully get some parts made.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

love mine, I bought this one: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/varkon-restoration-started
ironically it was listed on klov for sale. I am gonna scan mine eventually and hopefully get some parts made.

I will share some costs with you if you do that. I'd like some parts...let me know.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I will share some costs with you if you do that. I'd like some parts...let me know.

of all my games this is the one I would love to get parts made for. I have a buddy coming over to discuss this on april 25th, ill keep you posted.

my arcade featuring varkon:

#15 9 years ago

Way ahead of its time and I havent played one in a loooooong time

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

of all my games this is the one I would love to get parts made for. I have a buddy coming over to discuss this on april 25th, ill keep you posted

What parts would you have made? Marquee? Bezel?

I have a prototype Varkon. Some of the PF parts are different from the production version. The spinner for example has handmade artwork

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from fuko:

I have a prototype Varkon. Some of the PF parts are different from the production version. The spinner for example has handmade artwork

Plastics would be awesome. The ramp is unobtanium right now too (though mine is perfect).

#18 9 years ago

I is a cool game and like WaddleJrJr said it's nice that its at Kidforce, I even got to play it in the playoff's last league... I won by the way

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from fuko:

marquee, bezel, cpo, plastics. don't know exactly, I would hate to take mine apart and have something break. gonna discuss with a friend who is making some mystic marathon parts.
this is something I want to do.

#20 9 years ago

would love to look at the ramp and maybe get one with lower angle to make it easier to access lower playfield.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

would love to look at the ramp and maybe get one with lower angle to make it easier to access lower playfield.

CPO is out there already. Not sure about marquee and bezel. Plastics would be interesting... There is a lot of plastic on this game! The entire PF is plastic. It's going to be hard to repro without taking a machine apart though

As for modifying the ramp... not sure how much experience you have working with plastic molds, but I don't see this as an easy mod. Besides, that would be cheating It's supposed to be a hard shot

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

I like that the ramp is so tough. That is one of the pluses but I'd be in for any replacement ramp. This game will nevER leave my collection, I'll need parts!

2 months later
#23 8 years ago

If I ever get the chance to pick one up, I want to restore it and NEVER let it go. So if anyone knows of one....please let me know.

#24 8 years ago

Did anyone happen to buy one from Scott Corneli in Ellijay, GA? Because I personally set eyes on that one when he got it. I had no idea how rare it was at the time.

#25 8 years ago

We are still loving the club. Always popular with guests.

#26 8 years ago

Sold my last one probably 10 years ago; actually had 4 in my years in the hobby!

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from Pbpins:

Sold my last one probably 10 years ago; actually had 4 in my years in the hobby!

I think many owners are keeping these. haven't seen many for sale, the one recent was a proto- lucky guy that got that one!!!

1 week later
#28 8 years ago
Quoted from Pbpins:

That is a lot of Varkon! I just playing it today. I didn't hear any music on the game and wondering what happened? I thought it had music?

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from PavBall:

That is a lot of Varkon! I just playing it today. I didn't hear any music on the game and wondering what happened? I thought it had music?

Yea, I think we have an issue with the sound on it. Will figure it out.

1 month later
#30 8 years ago

I've had one sitting in my garage for a year but I don't own it. Far as I know the only one in the country.

3 months later
#31 8 years ago

Finally Brought mine homeFB_IMG_1448300189217.jpgFB_IMG_1448300189217.jpg

#32 8 years ago

Fun game

1 week later
#33 8 years ago
Quoted from PavBall:

mine don't play music neither. do any others play music?

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

mine don't play music neither. do any others play music?

I do not believe the game plays music. If anyone has one that does let me know as I will have a mystery on my hands.

1 month later
#35 8 years ago

What's the going rate on one?

#36 8 years ago

Generally $10k+ for the really nice ones. Poor condition down to $4-5k.

Your mileage may vary. I've got the only one in Australia and if I tried to sell it here it'd be worth way less as noone seems to have heard of it here.

#37 8 years ago

At that price they should remake them.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from sleazius:

Generally $10k+ for the really nice ones. Poor condition down to $4-5k.
Your mileage may vary. I've got the only one in Australia and if I tried to sell it here it'd be worth way less as noone seems to have heard of it here.

Your off.. $7k-8k if u find a unshopped original 10k plus for restored

#39 8 years ago

The market for these is incredibly small, but there are so few of them left that it's a sellers market. They don't change hands often either.

If they were remade you'd sell 10-20 of them and the price would crash to $3k.

#40 8 years ago

May I join the club? Picked up one Saturday.

On a side note, is there knowledge of what the serial numbers started at?

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#41 8 years ago

the ser number should be stamped on the front of the game under cpo. i am almost sure they came with red ball sticks. maybe you got yourself a proto. see if the ser number starts with "xp"

#42 8 years ago

I found my number. Was wondering what the starting number was for production. I can only find 9 online and mine is lower than all except for the proto.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from mochaman:

I found my number. Was wondering what the starting number was for production. I can only find 9 online and mine is lower than all except for the proto.

numbers in sequence were not used by many manufacturers. they wanted to keep the numbers sold a secret. not sure with this particular game.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from mochaman:

Picked up one Saturday.

Welcome to the club? Where did you obtain that one?

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Welcome to the club? Where did you obtain that one?

Found it in a storage locker. Been there since '98. Past owner doesn't remember where he got it. Hope to have it up and running soon.

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from mochaman:

Found it in a storage locker. Been there since '98. Past owner doesn't remember where he got it. Hope to have it up and running soon.

That is a fantastic find. Im jealous.

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from mochaman:

I've been telling TigerLaw we need to start going to storage locker purchase events. After reading the above he finally agrees.

Would you be offended if I asked you what you paid?

#48 8 years ago

there are many many games out there waiting to be discovered. i myself had a warehouse score last year. love to see games brought back to life and back in collections and game rooms.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

there are many many games out there waiting to be discovered. i myself had a warehouse score last year. love to see games brought back to life and back in collections and game rooms.

How do warehouse finds work? All storage units abandoned like on storage wars that you buy?

I found an old broke down EM in a storage container for a deceased client years ago...we knew he had some arcade stuff in the container before we opened it.

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

How do warehouse finds work? All storage units abandoned like on storage wars that you buy?
I found an old broke down EM in a storage container for a deceased client years ago...we knew he had some arcade stuff in the container before we opened it.

mine was by luck. somebody followed me on a forum and said he had collected for years and had many games in storage. he was offered 4500 for all the games from coinop warehouse, he was looking for 6500. well i went in there and he had like 14000 in stuff. i paid him on the spot and got it all. there were 2 pins. popeye and stargate. starwars cockpit, super punchout, warlords, venture, alot of pcbs nos monitors etc. the caveat is it took me a year to selloff everything. got my money back in a month though. its a lot of fun doing warehouse raids.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/varkon-club and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.