(Topic ID: 183502)

Vancouver FlipOut Pinball Expo 2017 - Official Thread

By FlipperFreak

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Roundhouse 1 (resized).jpg
    Roundhous3 (resized).jpg
    Roundhouse2 (resized).jpg
    Roundhouse4 (resized).jpg
    Roundhouse5 (resized).jpg
    Roundhouse6 (resized).jpg
    Roundhouse8 (resized).jpg
    Roundhouse9 (resized).jpg
    Roundhouse10 (resized).jpg
    Roundhouse11 (resized).jpg
    TFSFFlipOut (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 10.14.22 AM (resized).png
    Frame-25-09-2017-10-07-18 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8058 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8098 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7915 (resized).jpg
    There are 178 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 6 years ago

PBR is sponsoring our VIP Party on Friday night (Sep 22). They'll be ice cold beer, hors d’oeuvres and door prizes. You won't want to miss this exclusive event. Get your tix now! www.VancouverFlipOut.com

PABST_Flat_Brim_Hat_Blue (resized).jpgPABST_Flat_Brim_Hat_Blue (resized).jpg

PABST_Koozie (resized).jpgPABST_Koozie (resized).jpg

Pabst_Koozie_Belt (resized).jpgPabst_Koozie_Belt (resized).jpg

Pabst_White_Logo_Tee (resized).jpgPabst_White_Logo_Tee (resized).jpg

PBS37487_Combo (resized).jpgPBS37487_Combo (resized).jpg

PBR_Beer (resized).jpegPBR_Beer (resized).jpeg

#52 6 years ago

Didn't I buy tix for that already

#53 6 years ago
    Quoted from pingod:

Didn't I buy tix for that already

Yes! You've already signed up.

#54 6 years ago
    Quoted from FlipperFreak:

PBR is sponsoring our VIP Party on Friday night

When I first read this I thought you meant The PinBall Resource...and thought why would Steve sponsor this event?

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chum43:

When I first read this I thought you meant The PinBall Resource...and thought why would Steve sponsor this event?

Lol! Wouldn't that be great.

#57 6 years ago

I'll definitely be there..looking forward to checking it all out and playing some games that I'd probably not get a chance to..

1 week later
    #60 6 years ago

Getting closer!!

#62 6 years ago

Mike Kalinowski, the Director of Homepin has confirmed he'll be speaking at Vancouver FlipOut Pinball Expo Sep 22-24, 2017

http://www.VancouverFlipOut.com

Looking forward to hearing about the forthcoming release of Thunderbirds Pinball and Homepin's factory in China!

Homepin (resized).jpgHomepin (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #63 6 years ago

Hey - I just discovered this thread and the expo. I feel like I am so out of the loop sometimes..sigh.
    Looks like fun - and I can't wait to meet some of the group above the border, I hear you guys are serious about your pinball scores.

#64 6 years ago

I bought my ticket and booked my flights! Can't wait! Games list looks amazing lots that are on my bucket list of games to try!

#65 6 years ago

We're proud to offer pinball tournaments for every type of player & skill level. If you haven't already signed up...get your butt in gear. It's going to be a blast! www.VancouverFlipOut.com

VFO2017-JuniorJam (resized).jpgVFO2017-JuniorJam (resized).jpg

VFO2017-JurrassicClassics (resized).jpgVFO2017-JurrassicClassics (resized).jpg

VFO2017-Womens (resized).jpgVFO2017-Womens (resized).jpg

VFO2017-Knockout (resized).jpgVFO2017-Knockout (resized).jpg

VFO2017-Open (resized).jpgVFO2017-Open (resized).jpg

#66 6 years ago

Do we only need to prebuy tickets for the main tournament?

#67 6 years ago
    Quoted from wolv3:

Do we only need to prebuy tickets for the main tournament?

Correct...plus you'll need to purchase an Expo pass to gain entry to the venue.

#68 6 years ago

Perfect, I'll see you there Tommy Tilter

#69 6 years ago
    Quoted from wolv3:

Perfect, I'll see you there Tommy Tilter

Looking forward to it! Lol

#71 6 years ago

Chance Johnson & Josh Brown from The Canadian Arcade have confirmed they'll be at Vancouver FlipOut with their trademark brand of humour, insight & refreshing take on pinball north of the border!

TCABC (resized).jpgTCABC (resized).jpg

#72 6 years ago

Lookin' sharp boys!

#73 6 years ago

Nerds Lol

#74 6 years ago

Is that a "My Little Pony"?

Does that make these guys Bronies?

#75 6 years ago

Just a heads up... As of this morning, our block of rooms at the Holiday Inn sold out

However, I was able to squeeze another 5 more at the discount rate

Get them while you still can!

Staircase (resized).jpgStaircase (resized).jpg

#76 6 years ago

Just a heads up... As of this morning, our block of rooms at the Holiday Inn sold out
    However, I was able to squeeze another 5 more at the discount rate
    Get them while you still can!

Uh-Oh.....looks like I'm sleeping on the staircase!!!

#77 6 years ago
    Quoted from Homepin:

Uh-Oh.....looks like I'm sleeping on the staircase!!!

No... VIP's get a cot in the lobby!

#78 6 years ago

Anyone have any insight on the rooms there? is there a larger suite for 4 Adults & 1 Kid. Does Nitro offer babysitting services?

#79 6 years ago

Drop the kids off with uncle Tommy,at the booth

#80 6 years ago
    Quoted from pingod:

Drop the kids off with uncle Tommy,at the booth

I could sign him up to take scores. I hear he can be bribed.

Hey speaking of that! Is there a volunteer list for scorekeepers yet? I'd be down for 4hrs.

#81 6 years ago

VFO is thrilled to announce that DJ Mary Mac will be performing at our exclusive VIP Party Friday night! Mary Mac started DJing in clubs in early 2000, and was one of a handful of DJs in Canada pioneering the UK breakbeat sound. What's even cooler? She's a hardcore pinhead that will also be competing in Vancouver FlipOut.

goldblooded-1 (resized).jpggoldblooded-1 (resized).jpg

#82 6 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

I could sign him up to take scores. I hear he can be bribed.
    Hey speaking of that! Is there a volunteer list for scorekeepers yet? I'd be down for 4hrs.

Please note the link below for volunteer scorekeeper timeslots. For each 2-hour scorekeeping slot, one classics entry (4 games, $10 value) or one Main Rebuy (5 games for $10) will be given as a Thank You.

https://tinyurl.com/vfo-scorekeepers

#83 6 years ago

FlipperFreak you should add this to the https://pinside.com/pinball/events calendar.

#84 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

flipperfreak you should add this to the https://pinside.com/pinball/events calendar.

Already done. Thx, T

#85 6 years ago

Already done. Thx, T

Strange, I was looking at the calendar view and it didn't show anything for those dates, but it is indeed in the list. False alarm.

#86 6 years ago

Very cool show bump; looking forward to it. Will be like my Christmas... in September

#87 6 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Very cool show bump; looking forward to it. Will be like my Christmas... in September

XmasPinball (resized).jpgXmasPinball (resized).jpg

#89 6 years ago

Going to try to get there this year , just depends my work schedule . Are there usually pins for sale there or do people bring their pins there to sell ? Never been to the flip out before.

#90 6 years ago
    Quoted from dyno:

Going to try to get there this year , just depends my work schedule . Are there usually pins for sale there or do people bring their pins there to sell ? Never been to the flip out before.

Flipout is worth taking the day / weekend / week off work for!

There was a few good deals last year. Great show, and you are close. Totally worth the trip.

#91 6 years ago

Have been trying to find a way to make the weekend in Vancouver work and decided the best way is to bring the whole family with me. (5 of us) However when I phoned Holiday Inn about the room I booked I have a King room in the FlipOut block... the block is now sold out.

So wondering if anyone has a room with 2 Queen beds in the block that would be willing to switch for my King. The rate is the same I believe.

If I go I need to use points to fly us all there and my time and options for using them is running out so I appreciate if anyone can PM me right away if they might be able to help.

#92 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinchamp:

Have been trying to find a way to make the weekend in Vancouver work and decided the best way is to bring the whole family with me. (5 of us) However when I phoned Holiday Inn about the room I booked I have a King room in the FlipOut block... the block is now sold out.
    So wondering if anyone has a room with 2 Queen beds in the block that would be willing to switch for my King. The rate is the same I believe.
    If I go I need to use points to fly us all there and my time and options for using them is running out so I appreciate if anyone can PM me right away if they might be able to help.

I have room for your wife Darren,lol
    Ask Al already ?

#93 6 years ago
    Quoted from pingod:

I have room for your wife Darren,lol
    Ask Al already ?

Your getting to be quite then pervert in your old age eh Dan?? Lol

Thanks to Al Miller for helping me out.

#94 6 years ago

I see qualifying for tourneys closes at 11:45pm Thursday, Friday and Saturday

What time does the free play shut down?

Also any games in the VIP party?

#95 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinchamp:

Your getting to be quite then pervert in your old age eh Dan?? Lol
    Thanks to Al Miller for helping me out.

...with your wife?

#96 6 years ago

The Houdini at vfo-will it have updated code since Tacoma nw show?

#97 6 years ago

Stoked for the flipout weekend! Any thing to do for kids around the expo?

#98 6 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

The Houdini at vfo-will it have updated code since Tacoma nw show?

The game any good?

#99 6 years ago

I will be there! Good excuse to finally head out to the coast again. Looking forward to getting some time on a few new machines.

#100 6 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

The game any good?

Yes pretty cool so far

There are 178 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vancouver-flipout-pinball-expo-2017-official-thread/page/2?hl=chancekj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.