5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by SunKing
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SUPERBEE.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Horrible tragedy in Toronto yesterday. Some syco decided to drive his rental van down a major street in the city and take out countless people.
Just horrible ! From the sounds of it its not terrorism but just a messed up guy gone wrong. Say a prayer for the lost.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/pedestrians-struck-white-van-1.4631564

http://torontosun.com/news/local-news/multiple-pedestrians-struck-by-van-on-yonge-st

#2 5 years ago

Im in that area all the time and thats pretty scary.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from maestro:

Now its time to ban vans!!!
In before the lock.

Really? Thats all you got ? Have another beer ! Show a little class....

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

It's #banvans High capacity vans are dangerous and cannot be allowed. They drive themselves into large crowds without help from a mentally deranged person.

Npt the issue if you ask me. I dont think there is an answer to this .Mental health issues are going to make this happen once in a while. We are just a city in shock right now. No one ever expects this.

#7 5 years ago

It sounds like the guy that did this , did it based on something similar to this guy . Crazy !!!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2638049/7-dead-drive-shooting-near-UC-Santa-Barbara.html

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

That is so fakked up to read. They say why he did this?

Initial claims are that based on his face book notes, he couldnt find a girlfriend and because of that he was pissed. He posted similar shit like the guy in Santa Barbra
Its crazy, we never see shit like that here !

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

So tired of seeing stories about wack jobs killing innocent people who are just trying to enjoy their lives. Doesn’t matter what you do to prevent it, they just find another method to kill people.

So sad but true !

#16 5 years ago

I live about a 15 min drive from the scene and im always on that stretch of road doing work. Pretty scary !

#17 5 years ago

Prayers go out to the families !

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

So tired of seeing stories about wack jobs killing innocent people who are just trying to enjoy their lives. Doesn’t matter what you do to prevent it, they just find another method to kill people.

Sadly you nailed it ! Canada or United States or anywhere else in the world!

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You can't even sit and enjoy breakfast in a Waffle House anymore.

I get you Odin, but cant you be serious even just once in a while ?

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I can understand your concern, but think of it like this. It's like lighting; you'll be safe walking there again because the chances of that tragic event at that same place is very unlikely.

I agree but i doesnt lessen the thought of what could happen and just makes you ponder without being dramatic.

Quoted from RyanStl:

How is that different? It's randomness.

I have nothing personal against Odin and i know he had at times added a lot of good things to pinside but he can once and a while and has been rude just to get responses. This is what he does.

#28 5 years ago

Im sorry Odin, seems like you were for real. My apologizes. I shouldnt have jumped to conclusions. Again, im sorry.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well you're an asshole then for thinking running over somebody is any different then shooting them randomly.

Or do you only feel for Canadians?

Do me a favor, dont call me an asshole ok ! And no!!!!! i feel for every human being !! This really touched me due to how close from home !! They way you worded your response had the typical (and a lot of the time for me funny) responses to day to day responses that you often give so i got my back up. Im sorry if you meant well which i think you did based on your last response that i saw.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No harm, no foul. It's like BudMan said, it's an everyday occurrence now.

Sad but true !!

#35 5 years ago

For the record Odin, I think you bring a lot to the table on this site. We are good. Not sure what you edited but im more than willing to change what i wrotye as i texted in haste. Cheers my friend !

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

It’s been an every day occurrence ever since homosapiens walked the earth.

People only perceive these acts of killing people as a bigger problem now because we no longer have a single news outlet that runs on a 24 hour cycle. Every other person now has a camera in their pocket connected to the internet ready to relay what is happening. The news services haven’t been able to keep up for some time now.

Mass killings between 2010 and 2018 are actually lower that the previous 8 years (2002-2010). Statistically, we are actually less likely to be killed than if we lived between the years 1990 and 2000 or 2000 and 2010.

But keep on believing whatever your news outlets want you to believe.

Sooooo sad....but true !!

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Thanks and no worries Superbee. These stories can get us all a little on edge.

Agreed. A
All good and TY.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Mass murder casualties have actually fallen for the last two decades but none the less, carry on.

I hear you but it does not (should) not lessen our resolve to find a way to lessen it further if possible no ?Not sure if we can find a way to stop these idiots but i dont think we should just give up . Dont get me wrong, I know that random acts like this will always happen but i think we are remiss if we dont study them and try to at least learn from them what we can.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SUPERBEE.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/van-takes-out-people-on-toronto-sidewalk?tu=SUPERBEE and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.