Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 120 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by AVH7401
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

drake-rihanna-work-video (resized).png
    supreme-eric-clapton-jimi-hendrix-guitar-00003 (resized).jpg
    750-Erupt78BW_front (resized).jpg
    Ozzy-Osbourne (resized).jpg
    40e8fb4c64edc4386c260b1e44798839 (resized).jpg
    hagarRoth (resized).jpg
    Montrose-cover (resized).jpg
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz_19 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The last tour was good-not-great - I saw them 3 times and Roth had 1 off night and 2 amazing ones. He doesn’t sing like he did when he was 19 (and if you read the Edie Kramer books, he didn’t actually sing like it back then either). They need Mike back though, and I am rooting for Eddie to be sober and a non-asshole. What I wouldn’t do for another album

Post us some youtube clips of the "amazing" roth performances you witnessed in 2015 and I guarantee you will be embarrassed. I have no doubt you had a good time (the 10 beers probably helped) but he is beyond awful now.

It's not even a secret this is common knowledge. He's not "just being Roth" he's "bad...even for Roth!" which is horrifying.

It's not about "singing like he was 19," it's about singing the songs in a completely different, HIGHER key that he think he "discovered" 10 years ago when in fact he's never been able to sing that high and certainly can't now in his 60s. The results are a complete disgrace.

In 2007 he was singing great, approaching the songs in the correct way for his aging voice. Nobody knows what he's doing now, he's seemingly lost his mind along with his hair and his voice.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Sounds like he's hitting the lounge circuit.

That’s what’s known as “good for Roth.”

If you really want to see the true horror of 2015 look up any clip of dance the night away.

#73 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Just like if you guys ever paid money to see "The Zombies" live, the touring band had NO actual band members at all.
    But the band did have Dusty Hill and Frank Beard of ZZ Top
    So although you got royally scammed, you can say you saw ZZ Top, and they totally sucked.

Jesus vid.

This was true for like 1 year in 1970.

It’s a great story but “the zombies” have been touring for a few decades with at least 2 original members including the singer and Argent of “hold your head up” fame.

See also “no original members steppenwolf” circa 1980.

#91 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Hard rock bands almost NEVER had a #1 album (Not Led Zep, not The Who, not KISS....)
    For a hard rock band to get FOUR #1 ALBUMS IN A ROW is the shitz
    (and since the last time a guitar based band even charted at all in the Top 40 was 2009, it's safe to say that VH record will stand for all time).

Sorry bub. VH with Sammy was NOT a hard rock band.

Soccer mom pop/rock.

Sabbath had a #1 album 5 years ago. Boom.

Priest had a top 10 album this year. Stop making up nonsense about 2009.

#93 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

The big chart is the Billboard Top 200.
    There are now a bunch of niche markets charts.
    So having a #1 album in the Rock, Latin, R&B, Blues, Country, Dance, Alternative chart, is nowhere near having a real #1 in the Top 200
    Many bands get a #1 in the rock chart with less than 15,000 units sold that week, so that's a super lame chart.
    But even on the lame charts, how many bands can get FOUR #1 IN A ROW ???
    -
    Much more interesting is I saw that the Queen movie put the Queen Soundtrack on the real Billboard 200 a few weeks ago - their highest charting album in 40 years!!!!

Thanks for telling me a bunch of stuff I already know.

Sabbath had a #1 album on the “real billboard 200” chart in 2013.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/1568087/is-black-sabbaths-13-the-1000th-no-1-album

Priest had a top 5 album on the “real billboard 200” chart in 2018.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8251074/judas-priest-firepower-billboard-200-albums-chart

Queen rules.

Van Hagar is pop rock soccer mom slop.

I have no idea where you came up with the idea that “no guitar based band has been top 40 since 2009.”

Sabbath and priest aren’t enough guitar for you? Guitar-based bands make the top 40 every week.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/van-halen-rumored-to-reunite?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.