Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by JimB
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F4E7FD5A-0DB8-4695-A727-EE8BABC6CAA2 (resized).jpeg
    il_340x270.730736512_ieen (resized).jpg
    w0YWdLjj5rxxC.gif
    0BEB74A0-E254-4E1B-815A-849CC3411AA5 (resized).jpeg
    7A1A32F7-2E41-4781-8ADF-E7FE80897BF3 (resized).jpeg
    0177E523-D2D2-4D5B-B4A3-939A9F155B6F (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).png
    1B83B986-2214-43E4-A319-FD2FC705039E (resized).jpeg
    A8F3FEB7-2BD0-4963-A4E4-ACCC25BDC1E4 (resized).jpeg
    gary (resized).jpg
    dlr (resized).jpg

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 years ago
    Quoted from paragon66x:

As much as DLR is the real Van Halen, a pin having both him and Hagar would be quite clever. There are die hards fans in both camps that always argue who the "better Van Halen was" and you could almost use that feud as a feature of the game. Would be cool.

already did:

http://pinballmakers.com/wiki/index.php/Van_Halen

Quoted from Aphex:

Side note someone had a Van Halen themed pin at Pintastic last summer

It was Hugh Spahr from open pinball project. I did all the artwork and sounds, he did all the grunt work and coding. He was kind enough to donate it to me to make room for new projects.

Everybody gets upvotes!

Added over 5 years ago:

pinball makers link changed: https://pinballmakers.com/wiki/index.php?title=Van_Halen

#52 5 years ago

They will probably do the usual cartoon artwork to make them look young but I hope they kill it with live concert video from the 80's on the display. No more of the Aerosmith graphics on the screen please.

#53 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Found this picture it could make for some cool artwork.

Ok that is bad@ss! Diamond Dave doing mid-air splits is a must.

#54 5 years ago
    Quoted from JimB:

They will probably do the usual cartoon artwork to make them look young but I hope they kill it with live concert video from the 80's on the display. No more of the Aerosmith graphics on the screen please.

I actually think the cartoony graphics work good for AS but they wouldn't for VH i dont think, if course you might be surprised also. It.may be pretty hilarious seeing cartoon Dave walking around in assless chaps flirting with girls and stuff.

#55 5 years ago

I agree it works on Aerosmith but I’d like some variety so they both stand alone and don’t look like a carbon copies with different bands.

#56 5 years ago
    Quoted from JimB:

I agree it works on Aerosmith but I’d like some variety so they both stand alone and don’t look like a carbon copies with different bands.

Maybe if they used a different artist. Kiss artwork is cartoony, but it looks very different that aerosmith.

8 months later
    #57 5 years ago

A classic era VH pin with Roth could be kick-ass! None of the Hagar stuff rocks enough for pinball.

Get Dirty Donny to do the art.

F4E7FD5A-0DB8-4695-A727-EE8BABC6CAA2 (resized).jpegF4E7FD5A-0DB8-4695-A727-EE8BABC6CAA2 (resized).jpeg
    #58 5 years ago

Hagar era sucks. Original line up and keep it to there heavy stuff and I'm in, leave jump out of it.

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Found this picture it could make for some cool artwork.

[quoted image]

that's pretty badass!

#60 5 years ago

Must have songs

Just keep the assless chap pics of Roth off the PF please.

#61 5 years ago

^^^Good f’in songs. Old VH and especially EVH kick fuckin ass!!

#62 5 years ago

I'm shocked nobody has picked up this license yet. There was a Van Halen video game a few years back, Guitar Hero, so the license can't be that bad. I have a ton of respect for Hagar, great dude with an amazing voice, and he pulls it off 110% live. Even thought he's technically twice the singer as Roth, I'm still in the Roth camp. I assume licensing cost would prohibit this, but the idea of choosing the singer at the start of the game is gold. The game would need 16-20 tracks. I don't think any pinball machine has come close to that. On the other hand the $60 Xbox 360 game has 25 tracks plus 19 tracks from other bands. If I can get 40+ songs for $60 why can't I get 20 on my $6,000 pinball machine?

#63 5 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

I'm shocked nobody has picked up this license yet. There was a Van Halen video game a few years back, Guitar Hero, so the license can't be that bad. I have a ton of respect for Hagar, great dude with an amazing voice, and he pulls it off 110% live. Even thought he's technically twice the singer as Roth, I'm still in the Roth camp. I assume licensing cost would prohibit this, but the idea of choosing the singer at the start of the game is gold. The game would need 16-20 tracks. I don't think any pinball machine has come close to that. On the other hand the $60 Xbox 360 game has 25 tracks plus 19 tracks from other bands. If I can get 40+ songs for $60 why can't I get 20 on my $6,000 pinball machine?

Because they make millions of the video game with a multi-million dollar budget. They only make 2000-3000 of the pin with a much lower budget. I would love to see a VH pin but I don't think it will ever happen.

#64 5 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Because they make millions of the video game with a multi-million dollar budget. They only make 2000-3000 of the pin with a much lower budget. I would love to see a VH pin but I don't think it will ever happen.

I looked up the sales of that game. Maybe it was a dud, but it only sold 300,000 or something. More if you count the ones that were given away free. Even then, it sold 100x more than a pinball machine would, but the pinball machine costs 100x more. I know, not apples to apples, but maybe not as far off as you would think.

#65 5 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

VH guitar hero was a flop and barely was released widely. I have it, it plays fine. hot for teacher is brutal. But it was not a success at all.

#66 5 years ago
    Quoted from Marvin:

VH guitar hero was a flop and barely was released widely. I have it, it plays fine. hot for teacher is brutal. But it was not a success at all.

I remember enjoying it, but also being glad I didn't spend $50-60 on it.

#67 5 years ago

This game practically writes itself!

"Ice Cream Man" mulitiball, you have the length of the song to rack up as many points as you can.

#68 5 years ago

Wizard mode would play "Unchained" and be a 6 ball multiball and have to hit ramps and loops in order. That would be righteous.

#69 5 years ago
    Quoted from rattmuscle:

Wizard mode would play "Unchained" and be a 6 ball multiball and have to hit ramps and loops in order. That would be righteous.

Wizard mode would be "Eruption"!

#70 5 years ago

I would've figured "Eruption" for the start of the game. It would work though.

#71 5 years ago

There really is a lot of potential with this theme. Each song tells a story, there are your modes, etc.

I hope someone somewhere is working on this!

#72 5 years ago

The main multiball would be "Intruder/Pretty Woman" or "Runnin' with the devil". Lose a ball down the outlanes play "One foot out the door" or "Take your whiskey home". "Drop dead legs" mode getting tagets scattered around the playfield.

#73 5 years ago

I would start with Panama drums that jump to full band intro on plunge...

#74 5 years ago
    Quoted from Vader77:

I would start with Panama drums that jump to full band intro on plunge...

On my homebrew I have the running with the devil fade from right (shooter lane) to left (top left lanes)

#75 5 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

On my homebrew I have the running with the devil fade from right (shooter lane) to left (top left lanes)

Nice! Good choice.

I don't feel tardy...

#76 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Must have songs
    Just keep the assless chap pics of Roth off the PF please.

Chaps are, to the best of my recollection, inherently assless.

#77 5 years ago

Would be awesome to put in his quotes so in attract mode hit the flipper and stuff like this sounds out:

“I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.”

“Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a yacht big enough to pull up right alongside it.”

"If a great surgeon insures his eyes, and a great pianist his fingers, why can't we insure my..."- DLR

"A lot of rock bands are truly a legend in their own minds."

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/van-halen-pin-with-roth-callouts/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.