Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by JimB
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F4E7FD5A-0DB8-4695-A727-EE8BABC6CAA2 (resized).jpeg
    il_340x270.730736512_ieen (resized).jpg
    w0YWdLjj5rxxC.gif
    0BEB74A0-E254-4E1B-815A-849CC3411AA5 (resized).jpeg
    7A1A32F7-2E41-4781-8ADF-E7FE80897BF3 (resized).jpeg
    0177E523-D2D2-4D5B-B4A3-939A9F155B6F (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).png
    1B83B986-2214-43E4-A319-FD2FC705039E (resized).jpeg
    A8F3FEB7-2BD0-4963-A4E4-ACCC25BDC1E4 (resized).jpeg
    gary (resized).jpg
    dlr (resized).jpg

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

Cmon Stern, make a Van Halen pin! Legendary tunes. Roth callouts would be the best! I can already see the Frankenstrat side art. #NoHaggar

dlr (resized).jpgdlr (resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago

DO IT!!

#3 5 years ago

this would be a music pin I would definitely buy!!

#4 5 years ago

The whole point of a Van Halen pin would be to have BOTH singers. They each have 10-12 hits, you could choose who to play at start. Two LE's with either singer on the front.

Shit writes itself.

#YESHAGAR

#6 5 years ago

Power steering multiball!!!

#7 5 years ago

I would love a Van Halen pin, but I can only imagine how hard Eddie Van Halen might be to work with in regards to what he'd want or allow to be represented on a pin, which leads me to believe us fans would never get what we'd want. I think we'd want a pin that represents what Van Halen was in their prime, which would be either the David Lee Roth era, the Van Hagar era, or a combination of the two. But... with Eddie's known ability to feud with and get pissed off at all of his prior non-family band mates which includes Roth, Hagar, and Michael Anthony, would he allow any of those guy's likenesses to even appear on the machine? I can pretty much guarantee that Eddie would want Wolfgang on there and not Michael Anthony for instance. Who would want that? I bet as an art package we'd get some Van Halen family art package consisting only of Eddie, Alex, and Wolfgang. Maybe there'd be a Van Halen family reunion LE art package.

Due to the above, I can't believe us fans would get the Van Halen pin that we all want. I hate to be a downer, but it's what I do best, hahaha.

#8 5 years ago

Could be a cool game but it will never happen ! Eddie is a bitch

#9 5 years ago

DLR Soundboard: www.realmofdarkness.net/sb/dlr

#10 5 years ago

Eddie would be tough to deal with, but I heard AC/DC was tough too so anythings possible I guess. Can't believe there has never been a Van Halen pin.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

I would love a Van Halen pin, but I can only imagine how hard Eddie Van Halen might be to work with in regards to what he'd want or allow to be represented on a pin, which leads me to believe us fans would never get what we'd want. I think we'd want a pin that represents what Van Halen was in their prime, which would be either the David Lee Roth era, the Van Hagar era, or a combination of the two. But... with Eddie's known ability to feud with and get pissed off at all of his prior non-family band mates which includes Roth, Hagar, and Michael Anthony, would he allow any of those guy's likenesses to even appear on the machine? I can pretty much guarantee that Eddie would want Wolfgang on there and not Michael Anthony for instance. Who would want that? I bet as an art package we'd get some Van Halen family art package consisting only of Eddie, Alex, and Wolfgang. Maybe there'd be a Van Halen family reunion LE art package.
    Due to the above, I can't believe us fans would get the Van Halen pin that we all want. I hate to be a downer, but it's what I do best, hahaha.

As painful as it is to admit, I have a feeling this is 100% nail on the head true. It would be nice though.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMagnet:

Eddie would be tough to deal with, but I heard AC/DC was tough too so anythings possible I guess. Can't believe there has never been a Van Halen pin.

AcDc is tough to deal with because of their management - Vh is tough to deal with because of EDDIE. He seems like he’s cooling out though - did anyone see that thing he did for the smithsonian?

#13 5 years ago

Hey how about some Gary Cherone while were at it?

"It's the best....of.....b̶o̶t̶h̶...three... worlds"

gary (resized).jpggary (resized).jpg

#14 5 years ago

As much as DLR is the real Van Halen, a pin having both him and Hagar would be quite clever. There are die hards fans in both camps that always argue who the "better Van Halen was" and you could almost use that feud as a feature of the game. Would be cool.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Gary Cherone.....the biggest flop since New Coke.

#16 5 years ago

A8F3FEB7-2BD0-4963-A4E4-ACCC25BDC1E4 (resized).jpegA8F3FEB7-2BD0-4963-A4E4-ACCC25BDC1E4 (resized).jpeg

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from whitey:

Could be a cool game but it will never happen ! Eddie is a bitch

Eddie is a bitch. Roth says Alright!

#18 5 years ago

Turning head like BOP - Start DLR mode or Hagar mode. You only get Cherone on Midnight Madness?

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

AcDc is tough to deal with because of their management - Vh is tough to deal with because of EDDIE. He seems like he’s cooling out though - did anyone see that thing he did for the smithsonian?

Yes, that was cool to see. I'd be down for a VH pin but I'm an early band man with DLR.

#20 5 years ago

I would love if the cabinet looked like Eddies Frankenstrat.

1B83B986-2214-43E4-A319-FD2FC705039E (resized).jpeg1B83B986-2214-43E4-A319-FD2FC705039E (resized).jpeg

#21 5 years ago

Sorry ,
    How many Rock pins do we need .
    Pass

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

Sorry ,
    Pass

Get used to it. Cheap license, especially with the HD display rising the cost of clips from movies/TV Shows.

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

Sorry ,
    Pass

The only rock pins I'd like to see would be either Pink Floyd or Rush.

#24 5 years ago

If it's got to be a local band that did the high school circuit when I was a teenager, I'd much rather it be Social Distortion. Sorry guys....

Unknown (resized).pngUnknown (resized).png

#25 5 years ago

Drop dead legs and hot for teacher multiball would be bad ass. I could see legs spread open shooting the ball up the middle of a mini skirt.

#26 5 years ago

At night I walk this stinkin' street past the crazies on my block
    And I see the same old faces and I hear that same old talk
    And I'm searching for the latest thing, a break in this routine
    I'm talkin' some new kicks, ones like you ain't never seen
    This is home, this is Mean Street.

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from jefryan:

Yes, that was cool to see. I'd be down for a VH pin but I'm an early band man with DLR.

Word.

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If it's got to be a local band that did the high school circuit when I was a teenager, I'd much rather it be Social Distortion. Sorry guys....

Downvoted for thread faux pas!! Sorry o-din!

#29 5 years ago

I'd be in for a van Halen Pinball I love hearing hot for teacher and panema.

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Eddie is a bitch. Roth says Alright!

Diamond Dave I'm sure would be all over it,Eddie would be a pain in the ass. Sad thing is there not getting any younger ! I mean WTF
    Who wouldnt want a pinball after there band ? But those artist are different cats .Keep it to album covers etc or hand drawn art ?

$$$$$ take it !

#31 5 years ago

I’m the ice cream man stop me if I’m passing by.

And all my flavours are guaranteed to satisfy!

100% in for a VH pin.

Both Sammy and Dave please.

#32 5 years ago

If it's Van Halen Not Van Hager take my money now

#33 5 years ago

“Michael... Anthony... Multiball!”

0177E523-D2D2-4D5B-B4A3-939A9F155B6F (resized).jpeg0177E523-D2D2-4D5B-B4A3-939A9F155B6F (resized).jpeg

Side note someone had a Van Halen themed pin at Pintastic last summer

#34 5 years ago

VH pin would be kick ass. DLR.

#35 5 years ago

"Do you want to be a hot dog or a little weiner?" DLR

w0YWdLjj5rxxC (resized).pngw0YWdLjj5rxxC (resized).png

w0YWdLjj5rxxC.gifw0YWdLjj5rxxC.gif

#36 5 years ago

I could see a 4 ball multiball playing unchained! Or a dirty moves mode. I got a soft spot fair warning album.

#37 5 years ago

I'd love to see a VH pin with DLR

#38 5 years ago

Can we be clear it should be this David Lee Roth.

0BEB74A0-E254-4E1B-815A-849CC3411AA5 (resized).jpeg0BEB74A0-E254-4E1B-815A-849CC3411AA5 (resized).jpeg

Not this one.

7A1A32F7-2E41-4781-8ADF-E7FE80897BF3 (resized).jpeg7A1A32F7-2E41-4781-8ADF-E7FE80897BF3 (resized).jpeg

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Can we be clear it should be this David Lee Roth.

Not this one.

LOL! Absolutely. I don't think you are going to get arguments there.

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

This actually wasn't a bad tour or album. But there were a few truly horrible songs on it. Josephine with Eddie singing, awful does not start to describe it.

#41 5 years ago

I love love love me some Sammy Hagar and he is twice the singer (10 times actually) as David Lee Roth ever thought about being, However, with that being said David Lee Roth IS Van Halen PERIOD!

Thats not to say that Van Halen wasn't great with Sammy because they were, and in alot of ways they were even better with Sammy. Still though, a Van Halen game should not have Sammy Hagar in it. Heck, he's good enough to have his own game, he doesnt need Van Halen for that either.

#42 5 years ago

Problem is..what to do with the artwork?

#43 5 years ago

use to get amped up for a surf waiting for the sun to come up with the Van Halen - Van Halen

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I love love love me some Sammy Hagar and he is twice the singer (10 times actually) as David Lee Roth ever thought about being, However, with that being said David Lee Roth IS Van Halen PERIOD!
    Thats not to say that Van Halen wasn't great with Sammy because they were, and in alot of ways they were even better with Sammy. Still though, a Van Halen game should not have Sammy Hagar in it. Heck, he's good enough to have his own game, he doesnt need Van Halen for that either.

He definitely had and has a career outside of Van Halen, but I still feel he's 50% of their success. He even has a couple more hits than DLR did with the band. I'd want his songs in there too. And if the player can choose between the two singers, then they don't have to hear the singer they don't want.

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

He definitely had and has a career outside of Van Halen, but I still feel he's 50% of their success. He even has a couple more hits than DLR did with the band. I'd want his songs in there too. And if the player can choose between the two singers, then they don't have to hear the singer they don't want.

Yeah i hear ya but to me it would be like making a Journey pin and having Steve Perry and Arnel Pineda both on there. Arnel is really good but Journey is still Steve Perry's band no matter what.

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah i hear ya but to me it would be like making a Journey pin and having Steve Perry and Arnel Pineda both on there. Arnel is really good but Journey is still Steve Perry's band no matter what.

Agreed on that.....because they have no hits with Arnel! He's just singing cover songs of Perry!

Sammy put out the hits!

Now, I realize there is a sizable community that doesn't like "Van Hagar", but if one can be objective, it was a very successful transition. That normally doesn't happen when lead singers leave and another takes over. Certainly not split so evenly in their success before and after.

I think Van Halen was fairly unique in that.

#47 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Agreed on that.....because they have no hits with Arnel! He's just singing cover songs of Perry!
    Sammy put out the hits!
    Now, I realize there is a sizable community that doesn't like "Van Hagar", but if one can be objective, it was a very successful transition. That normally doesn't happen when lead singers leave and another takes over. Certainly not split so evenly in their success before and after.
    I think Van Halen was fairly unique in that.

I just made a new thread with a poll. Let the voters decide! This should be interesting.

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I just made a new thread with a poll. Let the voters decide! This should be interesting.

How can I view the poll?

#50 5 years ago

Found this picture it could make for some cool artwork.

il_340x270.730736512_ieen (resized).jpgil_340x270.730736512_ieen (resized).jpg

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/van-halen-pin-with-roth-callouts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.