Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Whysnow
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20130909_123239.jpg

#1 6 years ago

Im thinking of buying a TX-SECTOR, working but not shopped. Not really sure what to offer, but I was thinking $700-$1000 would be fair. Am I in the ball park?

thanks

Jon

20130909_123239.jpg

#2 6 years ago

Last year (so add 8 months of pinflation), I got a nice one for $450.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from eXidy:

Im thinking of buying a TX-Sector, working but not shopped. Not really sure what to offer, but I was thinking $700-$1000 would be fair. Am I in the ball park?
thanks
Jon

$1000 would be on the very, very high end for this pin but at the same time I know a lot of people looking for a TX. It's a cult favorite; if you buy & get sick of it put me on your list!

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from eXidy:

Not really sure what to offer, but I was thinking $700-$1000 would be fair. Am I in the ball park?

That sounds about right.

Rare-ish Trudeau with awesome sound, lights and gameplay. Very under-rated pin, imho, and probably the favorite in my collection. I drove about 16 hours, round-trip, to get mine. An offer for my TX would have to be ridiculous for me to let it go ... because I doubt I'd find another.

Get it!

#5 6 years ago

The trick is finding one. I happily shelled out $1100 for mine, and I consider myself a cheapskate when it comes to pins. It may be an $800 pin, but you have to pay to play. I'm sure everyone saying "I got one for cheap!" would be hard pressed to sell it for the same, maybe even at double the price. If you can get it for under $1K, I think you can sleep easy at night. It's a totally fun pin, and may have the best sounds of any pin.

#6 6 years ago

Gotta get a Diamond Lady, too!

#7 6 years ago

Cool game, but yeah, I've seen them near me for around $600.

#8 6 years ago

I'd say $2500 in player condition (blatant price pump)

#9 6 years ago

I paid 750 for what was supposed to be a working game but is a turd with reset issues. Only other one I have even seen available in the past 9 months was 1500? and overseas.

Needless to say I am happy with my non-working turd and will eventually get it playing.

#10 6 years ago

I just bought the new alternate translite for a light box. Sure is different then the original.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I paid 750 for what was supposed to be a working game but is a turd with reset issues. Only other one I have even seen available in the past 9 months was 1500? and overseas.
Needless to say I am happy with my non-working turd and will eventually get it playing.

What happened ?

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

What happened ?

It had issues when I picked it up, but nobody leaves empty handed after that long of a drive and the knowledge that TX-sectors just don't come up very often .

I suck at diagnosing board work so it has been sitting where it landed since it came home > have not played 1 full game on it.

I have been waiting till hopefully I can get a friend with more knowledge/skill to come over and lend a hand/teach me some stuff.

#13 6 years ago

Sold one in '04 for $700........rare game......another simple fun Gottlieb. Kinda cool how they make the ball look like it is being transported to other side of playfield with the light show and sounds.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from beepnutz:

Kinda cool how they make the ball look like it is being transported to other side of playfield with the light show and sounds.

Yeah, 3 balls installed but only 2-ball multiball. An extra ball is needed for the 'teleportation'.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have been waiting till hopefully I can get a friend with more knowledge/skill to come over and lend a hand/teach me some stuff.

I just need my schedule to calm down a bit and I'll be by to help you finish up all the ground mods and electronics updates that are definitely needed. It's a cool looking game, that's for sure.

#16 6 years ago

no worries buddy. You are doing me a huge favor just to lend a hand and I have other things occupying my time also.

After MRP I will be closing the cabin and digging back in to RFM restoration.

#17 6 years ago

Got mine in a package deal with a Dr. Who..... $2000 for both machines

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It had issues when I picked it up, but nobody leaves empty handed after that long of a drive and the knowledge that TX-sectors just don't come up very often .
I suck at diagnosing board work so it has been sitting where it landed since it came home > have not played 1 full game on it.

Huh....I thought you said you had it all shopped out and playing fine a while back ? I must be thinking of some other game ? I also thought you were installing that new playfield you got for it too...but again it could have been some other game. What sorta issues are you having with it ? I remember it playing pretty good other then maybe the sound not working or something ? I cant remember.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#19 6 years ago

I do have a NOS pf that I got clearcoated and plan to swap into it after I get it working 100% first (I like to know a game is 100% before I do the swap so then I know if something is wrong on the back end I can back trace my steps)

It is having the same issues as when I got it, just more of it. Sound cuts out, makes wrong? noises when sometimes just sound effects and music leaves but then comes back. It also resets or loses a ball every game it seems.

It has been sitting in the corner as a storage bench since about 2 weeks after I grabbed it. My friend Sean started to help me with ground mods but I honestly have just been slacking/fearful of screwing it all up on my own so I have been waiting. I will likely do a work trade (he'll do board work on TX and I'll do some art touch ups on an old EM for him?) some time this fall.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
€ 8.40
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 115.00
Boards
AMCO
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 15.00
$ 299.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
$ 137.00
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside