SAM_0539 (resized).JPG
SAM_0540 (resized).JPG
SAM_0537 (resized).JPG
SAM_0538 (resized).JPG
SAM_0536 (resized).JPG
SAM_0535 (resized).JPG
SAM_0533 (resized).JPG
SAM_0534 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 7 years ago

True HUO, fully working and clean will sell for north of 3k easily.

I vote keep it. I took a peak at your colelction and it would fit in very well. It also would kick out a number of other games IMO based on what you have listed.

Great sounds, great gameplay, and just super fun to shoot.

I'd love to see photos of it!

I still have a list of buyers from when I sold my spare. Glad the new owner is still loving it. It is a keeper for most people once they get it in the house! Definately give it some time after you get it working before making any rash decision to sell for a quick profit. You obviously dont need the money and I am guessing you will love it if you give it a shot.

#13 7 years ago

HUO is all about condition, and that one is not what I would call a typical HUO condition.

Still looks like it will clean up and be a nice game.

Fully working, fresh rubber, and all done up I would put it at 3k obo and go from there if looking to sell.

They are both rare and in high demand (that continues to go up further).

I still vote to keep it and sell something else. Better to add some diversity to your collection. You dont currently have a single 80B and that is something you need to fix!

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from ReplayRyan:

Ed, if you want to move it along as intended just PM me what the price was and I'll either take it myself or ask some others I know who are looking for one.

assuming he got a deal on it, only seems right in this case that he actually put it up at market and sell it on his own.

Should make some money for getting screwed by his 'buddy'

Obviously lots of people want it and I amsure he has already gotten quite a few PMs.

#23 7 years ago

cabs get dinged pretty easy. I have seen HUP games with chunks missing form cabs, very faded, and scratches.

They were moved around multiple times, dropped once, and sat next to a window for years.

HUO means very little. Condition is what matters.

#35 7 years ago

You will find lots of haters that have likely never been able to play a nice example and are also anti GTB games (some of the B/W crew or A listers get their balls all twisted when they see that some games go for more than they think is reasonable).

Same guys freak out when they see a collectible EM selling for over 3k.

Reality is that TX is not just some flavor of the week, month, year. It has risen in popularity and supply is small. It continues to rise in popularity and there is good reason for it. The market has clearly spoken on the title despite what a couple of haters may project.

You definitely should keep the game and lose the friend.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Heaven forbid someone has a different opinion on a game u like/own whysnow ...... lol. I just said it wldnt keep my interest in home use.....thats it. Nothing about price or anything else

Quoted from metallik:

yea that's hilton for you, always the extreme. Raise an eyebrow over a game's price and suddenly you're a "hater" and "anti GTB" and your "balls are twisted" LOL Passion is one thing, but blind ignorant passion is just stupid. You go, Hilton, defender of the forums

you guys are so predictable sometimes

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

I have games now that haven't been played in over 1 year. so I will not keep it

OK.

I have a much more important question...

What other games do you want to sell Ed? I am a hoarder (not really as most of my games are playable) and looking to get up to 100 games

If your pinside collection is accurate, you have a few games I would like to buy. Hell, I would be happy working out a package purchase, coming to RI to pick them up, and spend a weekend helping you to get your other games in order and working so you can play them more often.

PM me if you are interested.

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

nearly all of tx sector pfs are in great shape due to the way they were made and coated, similar to european ems by interflip, segasa, sonic, etc.

actually this is very wrong.

There are 3 different pf types used on Tx-Sector (verified by John T when I spoke to him a few years ago). The majority were the standard wood and clear used in other games of that era. These wear just like everything else. Many had mylar so look good in the center, but outside of the mylar edges the wear badly.

Other version was wood with a new clearcoat. There are only a limited number of these.

Third was the vitrigraph version which looks completely different than the other two and is more of the plastic style you are talking about. It was actually still wood as I understand it, but had a new printing technique beung tried out. It is also limited in nature. I have not seen one of these besides photos but know they exist.

Tx-sector with the more common pf will wear outside of the mylar very quickly with any amount of play.

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

yes - but it's pending right now - thanks ed

that was quick (as expected).

Congrats on the sale Ed. LMK if you want to clear out others and get the rest of the collection running.

Offer still stands.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 79.95
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/value-of-huo-tx-sector?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.