SAM_0539 (resized).JPG
SAM_0540 (resized).JPG
SAM_0537 (resized).JPG
SAM_0538 (resized).JPG
SAM_0536 (resized).JPG
SAM_0535 (resized).JPG
SAM_0533 (resized).JPG
SAM_0534 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edcianci.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I went and grabbed this for somebody as a favor as he lives in another state - paid a lot of money for it and now he tells me the classic bs story that my wife found out and I can't do it. so he tells me to just bring it back and explain it to the seller. I would never bring it back as that isn't fair to the seller.

anyway I have read it's a great game - should I keep it, or sell it - and maybe even make a small profit for my trouble

I am told it's huo - that it was bought new for 1800 or so - but no proof of that - what I do know is the playfield is great - the game has sat in a vacation cottage since day one - so you can see some rust on the chrome - hasn't been used in over 10 years as something is wrong with it - I will get it fixed - anyway what would the value be - forget the huo part as I wouldn't sell it that way as I have no proof and it's shows sign of sitting in a cottage - but playfield is nice

lastly should I keep it - although I said no more games unless another one leaves - I have too many and I am trying to simplify things for my family when my day comes - I have been good about selling some pins and cars - and I want to continue to be good as it's like a disease and I can fall right back into adding to the collections

prime example - somebody just called me about a 1990 ZR1 vette for 12500 with 33k miles - of course I can't pass that up - it's a bad disease

thanks ed

#10 7 years ago

okay here are some pictures where you can see how dirty it is - and the rust from being at a vacation house - it's very dirty and I haven't cleaned it or even plugged it in because I was suppose to be just doing a favor for another collector.

SAM_0534 (resized).JPGSAM_0534 (resized).JPG

SAM_0533 (resized).JPGSAM_0533 (resized).JPG

SAM_0535 (resized).JPGSAM_0535 (resized).JPG

SAM_0536 (resized).JPGSAM_0536 (resized).JPG

SAM_0538 (resized).JPGSAM_0538 (resized).JPG

SAM_0537 (resized).JPGSAM_0537 (resized).JPG

SAM_0540 (resized).JPGSAM_0540 (resized).JPG

SAM_0539 (resized).JPGSAM_0539 (resized).JPG

#11 7 years ago

so now you can see why I would never say huo - just because it's one owner doesn't mean it was taken care of - it was bought, played, and considered an afterthought as it became basically furniture. the owner thought it was a crappy game because they discounted them to sell them back in the day - nobody wanted these - again that is all I was told - I have no idea how true any of this is as I wasn't collecting back then. thanks ed

BTW - I am not a new style corvette guy - but for that price it seems like a great deal - it comes with 2 extra windshields - if anybody knows the value of vets please let me know - I figured it was worth 16k or so. thanks ed

#45 7 years ago

wow it is funny where these threads go - I will end up selling the game and when I do I would never say it is HUO because of the condition - here is what I said on my initial post

forget the huo part as I wouldn't sell it that way as I have no proof and it's shows sign of sitting in a cottage - but playfield is nice

this wasn't a battle of whether it's huo or not - I actually have the whole story on the game as I found it and mentioned it to a friend who jumped at wanting it - I think it was the huo tx-sector that made him want it - when I picked it up and told him the condition that it's in, that's when I got the bs wife story - some of you guys are really close on the story - it was bought off a vendor - but it sat in the vendors warehouse as he did pick it up between 1800-2000 as they were dumping them. he never put it on location and sold it to the gentleman I got the game from.

he had no respect for the game at all - it was at a vacation cottage (beach house) - you can see the rust - it was a party house and the game went through hell. the guy didn't know it could retain value if he kept it nice - the best thing that happened to it was it stopped working. anyway when I was asked about it I said it was more then likely a 400-500 game as nobody wants system80 games.

I mentioned it to a friend who told me it's worth good money and he will take it at a certain price - I called the guy back and told him I'm sorry I was wrong it actually is worth between 2-3k from what I was told. yes I could have got the game for $400 - but if somebody ask me what it's worth I feel obligated to tell him.

from there the game was bought for a friend (yes I will not mention who it is because there are always 2 sides to a story and I can see his side would be "I thought it was going to be a pristine HUO game".

all that doesn't matter - I am going to sell it and I won't lose money if everybody is correct that it could be 3k or more all cleaned up and working. I have called a tech and it will get fixed soon.

when I went to pick it up some plastics were taken off and cleaned to make sure all the crap came off them so I could give the guy top dollar for it. they did - you can see the ones that were cleaned in the pictures (the lower ones)

also to give my opinion on the huo seeing I have the game in front of me - I would say it is - I look at the targets, the circle things around the pop bumpers - the shooter lane, the metal flaps, all show no sign of being used at all - to me it's a very low played game that was at a 3 month a year beach cottage. also to show you the respect this game was given - it was dropped off and left outside someplace after the closing because the owner had no place to put it when his mom sold the beach cottage. luckily it was brought in the same day.

I did plug it in about 30 minutes ago - it boots - takes credit - when you start the game the ball doesn't eject and the flippers don't flip

the display is as bright as new - it makes sounds - so hopefully something minor. I won't play it as I don't want to be tempted to keep it.

as far as selling I like to do the fair thing - but there isn't a fair thing as my email got whacked today by lots of nice people offering to buy it.

hopefully the repair guy comes in a week or two and I can then try to sell it - I might actually try to store it and bring it to pintastic for people to play - and then sell it there - that way I help support the local show. Gabe has put a lot of effort into pintastic and this might be one of those games nobody ever brings.

anyway please continue the huo argument - it's all fun and makes good reading - I think I have a good idea what it's worth now from all the emails I got - I also want to thank everybody for being very good and honest as nobody sent a message saying it's a 1k game and I will buy it. everybody was great in helping me get a good idea of it's value.

thanks again - ed - or rapid ed to those who read the thread on me getting attack by the fox

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from Jappie:

Thanks for the extra info, edcianci. Interesting to hear some background details.
A question, just out of curiosity: how do you know already that you'll sell the game? Is it the price tag? Don't you like the looks of it? The fact that it's a Sys80b? Or maybe something else? It's of course your game, so your choice. It just seems like such a quick decision if you haven't even played the game yet.

I have too many things already - too many pins. I am trying not to be a hoarder - so I won't even play the game - if I play it then I will more then likely want to keep it - I used to have 109 pins set up at my house - think about how crazy that was - I have games I bought brand new years and years ago and they might have 10 games played on them. I still have a game I bought new sitting in the box - I have never played it.

I have cars I bought 10 years ago that still have the same gas in them when I bought them. lastly look at the pictures - can you see how disgustingly dirty my basement is - look at all the crap around it - you are right it's a quick decision - and I haven't played it - and I won't play it as I know I will keep it if I play it. I have games now that haven't been played in over 1 year. so I will not keep it.

thanks ed

#53 7 years ago

anybody want it as is for 2600 - right now the flippers don't work - it does kick the ball out and everything scores with your finger. thanks ed

#55 7 years ago

i will check the fuses hopefully tonight - anybody know which one it might be - also are they in the head or under the playfield - thanks ed

#57 7 years ago

thanks i will check fuses under the cabinet tonight - game is pending pick up and payment right now. thanks ed

#60 7 years ago

yes - but it's pending right now - thanks ed

#68 7 years ago

nice the see the thread still going - i could not find a fuse for the flippers - anybody have any ideas

some more huo battle - someone from pinside who is buying the game came over a few nights ago and we couldn't find it. maybe he will comment on whether he thinks it's huo - i forgot to show him those white things on the back when vendors move the games around - they still look like they have never been used. almost forgot there was a quarter inside the cabinet.

anyway i think he thought it was huo also - but he can comment here - game is still at my house as he wants to see if a tech can fix the flippers before he takes it.

thanks ed

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The flippers definitely have a fuse.
Beyond that I'd check for a connector issue and course carefully inspect the wiring at the coils and flipper switches.

where would that fuse be - they were all had a label and not one said flippers - thanks

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Hmm. Trying to remember...system 80b...
Gottlieb did weird things with relays. They used them for gi and flippers. Are there any relays in the cabinet or under the playfield? If so, tarnished leafs can be the issue.

james you know my skills - what is a leaf - you of all people know i know nothing except how to play them - thanks ed

#76 7 years ago
Quoted from Hi-Fi:

Hello Ed,
Here is a list of the fuses and their values. I don't see one specifically labeled "flippers". Maybe check the F4 fuse?

thanks i will check that - i remember in test it did 9 solenoid test - and all seem to do something - but flippers didn't flip during any of the 9 test - thanks ed

#80 7 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Why would you want to "give the guy top dollar for it"? In his mind, you're doing him a favor by giving him a couple hundred bucks for it. Otherwise, he'd have to hire someone to take it to the dump or move it to another storage place.
Heaven forbid, an owner do a little research and list a game for sale on their own. Our knowledge of pinball and our passion for the game is worth something. I never feel bad buying a game under its value.

because the lead came from somebody who has gotten me tons of games - and the reason he keeps contacting me with leads and games is because he knows I am a straight shooter - thanks ed

1 week later
#86 7 years ago

i haven't touch it - the buyer is waiting for my repair guy to come over and fix it.

PS - james i am afraid to try that as it seems like i can short something out - thanks for taking the time to post some suggestions - i'm sure the repair guy will have the flippers flipping in short time once he gets here.

thanks ed

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edcianci.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/value-of-huo-tx-sector?tu=edcianci and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.