SAM_0539 (resized).JPG
SAM_0540 (resized).JPG
SAM_0537 (resized).JPG
SAM_0538 (resized).JPG
SAM_0536 (resized).JPG
SAM_0535 (resized).JPG
SAM_0533 (resized).JPG
SAM_0534 (resized).JPG
There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago

I had a real nice TX-Sector in 2005 that I couldn't sell, nobody wanted it. Ended up taking it to auction and got $600 for it. How times have changed.

#52 7 years ago

I had one but when i was offered 2800 for mine there was no hesitation on selling.The game is cool but not 2800 cool to me.

#53 7 years ago

anybody want it as is for 2600 - right now the flippers don't work - it does kick the ball out and everything scores with your finger. thanks ed

#54 7 years ago

usually that's a fuse issue as dumb as it sounds. I have been looking for a TX for a long time myself but they never come up here. GLWS

#55 7 years ago

i will check the fuses hopefully tonight - anybody know which one it might be - also are they in the head or under the playfield - thanks ed

#56 7 years ago

usually flipper fuses could be on the bottom of the cabinet or under the playfield. Likely under the PF to the left towards the front of the playfield. You cannot miss it

#57 7 years ago

thanks i will check fuses under the cabinet tonight - game is pending pick up and payment right now. thanks ed

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

thanks i will check fuses under the cabinet tonight - game is pending pick up and payment right now. thanks ed

If you make a nice profit, I hope you let your "friend" hear about it!

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

anybody want it as is for 2600 - right now the flippers don't work - it does kick the ball out and everything scores with your finger. thanks ed

R u willing to ship?

#60 7 years ago

yes - but it's pending right now - thanks ed

#61 7 years ago

Congrats to the future owner, such an amazing game! Get a polk sub hooked up to it and crank it. they are $80 shipped on amazon right now.

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

BTW - I am not a new style corvette guy - but for that price it seems like a great deal - it comes with 2 extra windshields - if anybody knows the value of vets please let me know - I figured it was worth 16k or so. thanks ed

As with anything, condition is key. I have a damn near perfect 90' ZR-1 W/ 37K. I paid $18K for it 4 years ago, put well over $10K into it and would be lucky to get $19K, market is soft for them now. The windshields are easily worth more than grand a piece if they are the true laminated NOS with radar cut outs.
If you won't sell the TX, give me dibs on the $12,5K ZR-1

#63 7 years ago

nearly all of tx sector pfs are in great shape due to the way they were made and coated, similar to european ems by interflip, segasa, sonic, etc.
i can pretty much guarantee that tx sector is not huo and i really wish that term would go away. it is way to misleading.
back then, people just didnt buy NIB machines and them not be routed sometime in their life between then and now 2016.
even from ones today, that people buy sterns and are HUO,
still have the chance to being sold to someone will route it within the next 30 years.
i just bought a HUO potc with receipt that i put on location. so, not its not HUO anymore. big deal. if you take care of a game, who cares. games on location don't get beat to heck like they used to in the good ole earning days.

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

nearly all of tx sector pfs are in great shape due to the way they were made and coated, similar to european ems by interflip, segasa, sonic, etc.

actually this is very wrong.

There are 3 different pf types used on Tx-Sector (verified by John T when I spoke to him a few years ago). The majority were the standard wood and clear used in other games of that era. These wear just like everything else. Many had mylar so look good in the center, but outside of the mylar edges the wear badly.

Other version was wood with a new clearcoat. There are only a limited number of these.

Third was the vitrigraph version which looks completely different than the other two and is more of the plastic style you are talking about. It was actually still wood as I understand it, but had a new printing technique beung tried out. It is also limited in nature. I have not seen one of these besides photos but know they exist.

Tx-sector with the more common pf will wear outside of the mylar very quickly with any amount of play.

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

yes - but it's pending right now - thanks ed

that was quick (as expected).

Congrats on the sale Ed. LMK if you want to clear out others and get the rest of the collection running.

Offer still stands.

#66 7 years ago

ive owned more than one and all had nice pfs/ all were vitragraph btw. one i sold on here. ive seen prob 20 tx sectors in person, never seen one with wear on the pf.

#67 7 years ago

ive owned more than one and all had nice pfs/ all were vitragraph btw. one i sold on here. ive seen prob 20 tx sectors in person, never seen one with wear on the pf.

That's because they are all HUO just like this one!

#68 7 years ago

nice the see the thread still going - i could not find a fuse for the flippers - anybody have any ideas

some more huo battle - someone from pinside who is buying the game came over a few nights ago and we couldn't find it. maybe he will comment on whether he thinks it's huo - i forgot to show him those white things on the back when vendors move the games around - they still look like they have never been used. almost forgot there was a quarter inside the cabinet.

anyway i think he thought it was huo also - but he can comment here - game is still at my house as he wants to see if a tech can fix the flippers before he takes it.

thanks ed

#69 7 years ago

The flippers definitely have a fuse.

Beyond that I'd check for a connector issue and course carefully inspect the wiring at the coils and flipper switches.

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The flippers definitely have a fuse.
Beyond that I'd check for a connector issue and course carefully inspect the wiring at the coils and flipper switches.

where would that fuse be - they were all had a label and not one said flippers - thanks

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

where would that fuse be - they were all had a label and not one said flippers - thanks

Hmm. Trying to remember...system 80b...

Gottlieb did weird things with relays. They used them for gi and flippers. Are there any relays in the cabinet or under the playfield? If so, tarnished leafs can be the issue.

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Hmm. Trying to remember...system 80b...
Gottlieb did weird things with relays. They used them for gi and flippers. Are there any relays in the cabinet or under the playfield? If so, tarnished leafs can be the issue.

james you know my skills - what is a leaf - you of all people know i know nothing except how to play them - thanks ed

#73 7 years ago

Hello Ed,

Here is a list of the fuses and their values. I don't see one specifically labeled "flippers". Maybe check the F4 fuse?

IMG_1377 (resized).JPGIMG_1377 (resized).JPG

#74 7 years ago

You have come across that many vitragraph playfields?

If you come across another one - let me know.

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

actually this is very wrong.
There are 3 different pf types used on Tx-Sector (verified by John T when I spoke to him a few years ago). The majority were the standard wood and clear used in other games of that era. These wear just like everything else. Many had mylar so look good in the center, but outside of the mylar edges the wear badly.
Tx-sector with the more common pf will wear outside of the mylar very quickly with any amount of play.

Pretty much nailed it. Mine is a lower serial number and does have PF wear thats poorly touched up. Could be a lot worse but its still PF wear. Lucky me it has a mylar or it would be worn more.

IMG_5447[1] (resized).JPGIMG_5447[1] (resized).JPG

#76 7 years ago
Quoted from Hi-Fi:

Hello Ed,
Here is a list of the fuses and their values. I don't see one specifically labeled "flippers". Maybe check the F4 fuse?

thanks i will check that - i remember in test it did 9 solenoid test - and all seem to do something - but flippers didn't flip during any of the 9 test - thanks ed

#77 7 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

james you know my skills - what is a leaf - you of all people know i know nothing except how to play them - thanks ed

Ed, give a peek under the playfield and see if there is something like this

s1rely1s (resized).jpgs1rely1s (resized).jpg

#78 7 years ago

Why would you want to "give the guy top dollar for it"? In his mind, you're doing him a favor by giving him a couple hundred bucks for it. Otherwise, he'd have to hire someone to take it to the dump or move it to another storage place.

Heaven forbid, an owner do a little research and list a game for sale on their own. Our knowledge of pinball and our passion for the game is worth something. I never feel bad buying a game under its value.

#79 7 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

Just buy a cheap multimeter and check every single fuse you can find on the game. Chances are that there's more than just the flipper fuse blown. If you can flush a toilet, comb your hair or pump your own gas, then you can check a fuse with a multimeter.

#80 7 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Why would you want to "give the guy top dollar for it"? In his mind, you're doing him a favor by giving him a couple hundred bucks for it. Otherwise, he'd have to hire someone to take it to the dump or move it to another storage place.
Heaven forbid, an owner do a little research and list a game for sale on their own. Our knowledge of pinball and our passion for the game is worth something. I never feel bad buying a game under its value.

because the lead came from somebody who has gotten me tons of games - and the reason he keeps contacting me with leads and games is because he knows I am a straight shooter - thanks ed

#81 7 years ago

id let everyone know by posting it for sale when i get bored. its not a title you have to chase people down to buy.

after i sold my last one on here, even after its been archived, ive probably had 50 or more messages asking if i still had it.
it sold instantly with 5 people in line wanting to pay as well.

Quoted from Schusler:

You have come across that many vitragraph playfields?
If you come across another one - let me know.

#82 7 years ago

I am the one who bought it from Silver Spinner, however, it didn't really fit in the lineup like I was hoping it would. It was pretty clean but I still put some elbow work into it, added a manual and proceeded to sell it off to another Pinsider for $200.00 less than I paid. Am I silly for not selling it for more? Probably, but I am not into pinball to gouge people. For the record - price was $2,200.

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

I never feel bad buying a game under its value.

Agreed. Part of the fun in landing a machine is getting a good deal.

Quoted from edcianci:

because the lead came from somebody who has gotten me tons of games - and the reason he keeps contacting me with leads and games is because he knows I am a straight shooter - thanks ed

Also agree. Tis" the greedy soul who would "rip someone off" by not informing them of what they have.

Both objectives can be achieved however. Good deals can be had without taking advantage of someone.

#84 7 years ago

yes, on that specific one above i had several people offer me more than asking price, told em all it was in the process of selling for what i was asking and held my word. one offer was a bunch more is all i can say. i thought it was more than $2200 though...lol. to long back to recall.
ill go back check that archive. you are prob right.

#85 7 years ago

What is the latest on this in regards to the flippers?

Now that I think of it, the leaf blades on the flipper EOS switches can get crummy. Press the flipper button in and move the arm link by hand, any resistance or movement? The next thing to try is a flat head screw driver between the EOS blades on the flipper assembly. While the flipper is pressed and game is started, stick the flat head between the two eos blades-this should show a blue/white spark, and is enough to get the flippers to ''seat'' properly at the eos contacts.
If a Gottlieb sits a long time without use, this can happen.

#86 7 years ago

i haven't touch it - the buyer is waiting for my repair guy to come over and fix it.

PS - james i am afraid to try that as it seems like i can short something out - thanks for taking the time to post some suggestions - i'm sure the repair guy will have the flippers flipping in short time once he gets here.

thanks ed

3 months later
#87 7 years ago

earmarked

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/value-of-huo-tx-sector/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.